Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dead Don't Cry (Skeith x Music_Is_Life)

Skeith Takahata II

Lesbian Anarchist
Drip... Drip... Drip... Water fell from the now silenced shower. The young albino girl of 17 sat, naked on the shower floor hugging her knees to her chest. The girl watched the droplets fall one at a time from the shower head. Though her mind was elsewhere. She was remembering her outing the night before. It was getting harder and harder to keep them happy. Whispers filled her mind. 'Kill... Kill... Kill... Now... Now... Now...' The voices were numerous and each was different. She closed her eyes, pulling her knees tighter as she exhaled, the breath choked with a fearful emotion.

Moments later she was on her way out the front door, dressed in her uniform and on her way to high school. She wore a messenger bag over her left shoulder so that it hung on her right side. Her right hand was inside the bag, clutching something tightly in the palm of her hand. Her expression was vacant as she waited for the bus to arrive. When it did, she rode it in silence. The back few rows of the bus were silent and empty accept for her while the front rows were packed and over-flowing, as if people were deliberately avoiding her.

School was no different, she sat in silence at her desk, staring vacantly out the window. Her notebook was open, though no notes were taken. Crooked and jagged lines were drawn as if slash marks all over the paper. Her eyes shifted to the front when she heard the teacher's voice. "Attention class, we have a new student joining us today."

~One week earlier~
"I am getting transferred sweety. There is nothing I can do." a man said calmly as he pulled on his belt that had a gun holster in it, "Killings have been happening and they need more people on the force." he finished before he walked out of the house, leaving no room for argument or discussion for the 16 year old female.

~First day of school~
Allyson Marie Jones tugged at the plaid skirt before she walked into the room silently, "Hi...my name is Allyson. Most of my friends just call me Al. My father got transferred across the county and so I had to follow him. I like running, kendo and fencing, but my studies are more important to me so those three sports only are hobbies" she said softly before her green eyes focused on the group of empty seats that seemed to surround the albino. For some reason, she had the desire to sit next to the girl instead of the rest of the class. Perhaps it was the large heart her mother gave her, or her father's duty to help people. She always just hated seeing people alone.

For a moment, her eyes sparkled before she walked over and sat down next to the girl, not saying anything at first. Though once she took her notebook out, she turned, "I gave my name to the class. May I know the name of the person that I am going to be sitting next to for a while?" she asked softly as her hand idly wrote down the notes that the teacher was saying.

The albino watched dismissively as the girl approached. Though her gaze grew more cautious as the girl chose the seat beside her. She watched the girl for a few moments before returning her gaze to the window with a nearly inaudible sigh. Though she tried to ignore the girl, it was difficult to dismiss someone so close to her. It was... Irritating... Her eye twitched momentarily. As she continued to dwell on it.

Her crimson gaze fell to the paper in front of her. She collected her pencil and continued marking the page with the cut marks. Her eyes shifting towards the other girl from moment to moment. It was... Unnatural. No one sat this close to her... Ever... What did normal people do? They greeted each other... 'No you idiot! She doesn't want to know you? Why would she want to know you? She's just like the rest!' One of the voices shouted.

"Hello." She said in a barely audible voice. "My name is Reina... Chipple..." She said slowly. Her hand raising slowly to offer it in a hand shake.

At the civil gesture of a handshake, Allyson's hand raised and met Reina's. But at the feeling of the stares from behind, her hand lowered as her body tensed up. "Am I not suppose to talk to you or something?" she asked quietly, "Everyone here is giving me a weird look." she added as she looked around. Her brown wavy hair, suddenly falling in front of her face to hide it from the majority of the class.

Her father had told her why he had been moved, it was slightly unnerving to know that her father was called in to stalk and find a serial killer. She looked towards the teacher and tilted her head slightly, causing her hair to move out of her face, "Sorry. I do not think I am going to be a permanent student. My father is a police officer and he was called in to help on a certain case. My mother has been dead for years and so I had to come with him. I know I will rarely see him, but I do not care." she said gently.

Reina gave a quiet glare when she noticed the staring students, before a small smirk came upon her lips. She enjoyed their fear. "They're afraid." She said quietly. Her eyes returned to her notebook for a moment before hearing the new student's next words.

The albino's eyes widened momentarily. 'A cop?' She quickly disguised her concern with her emotionless expression. "I see..." She said briefly before closing her notebook. Her face remained averted for a time. She knew that affiliating with this girl was dangerous. She slowly reached into her bag, clutching tightly to a hidden object.

The girl glanced at Reina before she looked back up at the teacher and started taking notes again, unaware of the girl clutching the hidden object. Once the bell rang to dismiss class for lunch, she slipped her notebook into her bag and turned to Reina, "I really hate doing this, but I do not know where anything is in the school. Could you possibly show me to the cafeteria." she asked gently.

Though as she stood up, she could not help but to look at the albino's eyes and hair. This was her first time seeing a person like this. But the colors seemed to fit for Reina, it was something that she could pull off. As she stood there, she had some innocence look to her, either it be because she did not know anything about the school or if it was because she had no clue about the serial killer her father suddenly got thrown into looking for. All she knew was that she wanted to try to become friends with Reina.

Reina held her silence for the remainder of the class. She was so pre-occupied with someone sitting so close that the sound of the bell almost startled her. Her gaze shifted when she heard the girl's request. Normally Reina dismissed such attempts at friendship but something was different about this girl. "Sure, I guess..." She said plainly.

She noticed after a moment that the girl was staring and a small shade of pink rose in her pale cheeks. "Is... Something the matter?" She asked as she quickly averted her eyes so as to hide the blush she could feel rising. She reached for her bag before rising to her feet.

"Ah, sorry. It is just that this is the first time I have seen an albino person." she admitted as she lowered her head slightly, "Sorry if it make you feel uncomfortable." she explained innocently, "Um...thank you for showing me to the cafeteria." she added softly as she looked back at Reina with a small smile, "But, if you do not mind me asking, why is the class afraid of you?" she asked curiously.

It was obvious that she was an innocent being that had yet to be tainted by society. But as they walked, the girl's body tensed as people continued to stare at her. Slowly, she moved closer to Reina, almost in fear. Hesitantly, her one hand reached out and grabbed the girl's hand, her own was shaking slightly as she stared at the floor with slightly widened eyes, it almost seemed like she was in a trance.

"People are always afraid of what they don't understand." She said quietly as she walked beside the girl in the direction of the cafeteria. She felt herself stiffen and a chill run up her spine when she felt the girl take her hand. Her eyes fell to where their hands had met and she felt the same pinkish hue rising in her cheeks. She could feel the girls hand shaking in hers.

She turned her attention to the people passing and offered a cruel and defensive glare. Her own hand tightening defensively around the new student. It was a subconscious reaction that she didn't understand. She felt the need to defend her. It wasn't long before Reina lead her into the cafeteria.

She was able to feel Reina stiffen, but her fear overrode her concern about Reina's discomfort. Once they got to the cafeteria and the majority of the people seemed to ignore them, Allyson relaxed and her hand stopped shaking, "S...sorry. I guess I am not one for attention." she murmured as her hand gently slipped from Reina's, her cheeks turning a deep red as she did so.

"Earlier, you said people are always afraid of what they don't understand. But that is not always true. Some people strive to understand what they cannot." she said gently and with a small smile, "Those are the people that are strong." she added.

Reina was almost saddened to feel the girl's hand slip away from her own. She wasn't sure why but it felt nice. Her hand closed loosely before relaxing again. She noticed the girl's blush which formed a small one to return to her own cheeks. She cleared her throat before turning her face away. "It's fine." She said quickly. Her eyes grew momentarily softer when she heard the girl speak. There was wisdom in her words, but Reina couldn't comprehend it. Noone ever looked to befriend her or to understand her. "People who are strong..." She said quietly.

She turned her attention to the place she usually sat, an empty table in one of the corners. She approached the table and slung her bag over the back of the chair, folding her arms across her chest as she sat down in the chair closest to the corner. It was in her nature. If she was in a corner, noone could sneak up behind her and she could see where everyone was.

"Well mentally anyways." she added, before she looked at Reina's face and tilted her head slightly before she followed the other girl to the corner. She sat down in a chair and looked at Reina with a calm look, "I do not know what there is to understand or not understand. You seem to be a normal girl to me." she said gently before she looked out of a window, not daring to look at the rest of the students, she knew she'd freeze up if even a single person was glancing at her. "Reina...would it be a problem if I try to understand you? Regardless of your answer, I'd still try. It is just that I hate making people feel uncomfortable." she asked as she turned to look at the girl with serious eyes.

"I am one of those people that try to strive to understand what I cannot...and even though you are a normal girl to me, there is obviously a lot that I have not seen yet." she murmured as she placed her hands in her lap as she looked down slightly, "When I walked into the room and saw you singled out...I instantly felt bad. I hate seeing other people alone or hurt." she finished softly.

Reina looked over towards the girl as she spoke. Her eyes fell for a moment. Would it be a problem? "I've always been alone." She said in response. "I don't need anyone." She continued honestly. "It doesn't bother me if you choose to hang around me." She said in a well masked lie. She didn't care for people at all and this girl's continual attempts at friendship did make Reina feel uncomfortable, but only because she didn't understand it. But for some reason she felt the need to know this girl. There was something different about her. Something special.

She reached into her bag before pulling a small paper bag out. Considering the living situation at home, there wasn't much food. She could eat at the school, but she didn't like the idea of standing in line with so many people crowded around her. Nor did she trust the school's food. She pulled from the bag a granola bar and a small juice box.

Even if the lie was well masked, she knew Reina was uncomfortable. "Sorry. You're not use to this." she murmured softly, "If you do not want me to be close to you...just tell me. I can tell that you are feeling uncomfortable." she added as she slowly pulled a knee up and wrapped her arms around it rather tightly.

Suddenly, she felt a light vibration coming from her pocket. Quickly, she let her leg fall back to normal as she reached down and grabbed the phone, "Dad, is something wrong...but are you sure? If you guys found him already then what was the point of transferring? I should have just skipped a week or something." she said softly as she looked down, "Ah...I see. I hope he is the right guy. But I want to finish the year here. I am not going to be bouncing in between schools." she added, "I'll see you when you get home. Be safe." she finished before she hung up and shook her head lightly, "Well, it looks like they found the serial killer. They can't tell for sure yet, he won't confess to anything." she explained as she pulled her knee back up, though she was shivering slightly. "I hope he is safe. At times like this I wish he was one of those pencil pushers...not someone out in the field." she whispered quietly.

Reina's gaze narrowed as she over heard the conversation. There hadn't been any suspects before. Either she was getting sloppy, or this girl's father was the real deal. She rose to her feet with a low growl as she grabbed her bag and flung it over her shoulder. "I'm going home. I'm not feeling well." She said. Her expression having swiftly shifted from one of indifference to one of blatant displeasure.

She turned and began walking towards the cafeteria door. Her hand reached inside of the bag, clutching once again to the unknown object. It was a nervous habit. Her expression had grown quite dark as she proceeded towards to the school exit. It was a long walk home, and the bus wasn't running right now. That didn't matter. This new information did not sit well with her.

Looking up at the rather sudden statement, Allyson's eyes instantly were filled with concern. However, she stayed where she was until the bell rang and she went to class. Throughout the rest of the day, she was constantly worrying about Reina and if she was alright. The girl had seemed fine in the morning and throughout class, perhaps it was bad food or something. Though now, she was sitting alone and she could feel the entire class staring at her. None of them said a word, she had already associated herself with Reina and thus no one wanted to talk to her because they thought that she would be the same.

Once class ended, Allyson quickly walked out of the school and headed home, managing to be in front of the school crowd. But once she was sure that she was away from the majority of the crowd, her pace slowed drastically. Her father said that they had the potential and most suspected suspect in custody, so she did not need to worry, "I just hope Reina is alright. She left so soon, I could not even ask her what was wrong." she murmured

Once home Reina had hurled her bag against the opposite wall of her room. The room was terribly cluttered showing her lack of caring for her own well-being. She growled loudly as pounded her fist into the wall, leaving small knuckle shaped dents in the dry-wall. 'I told you she was bad news...' "Shut up!" She roared. She fell to her knees, holding her head as if it would drown out the voices.

A few hours later she found herself pulling her trench coat over her uniform. Her hands passed over the well-crafted wooden box. She slowly lifted the lid to reveal a masterly crafted knife. She lifted the weapon from the case before turning her gaze towards the door. There was only one way she knew to shut them up, and that was to make them happy. She opened the front door of the small, one bedroom apartment and stepped out into the night air.

Once Allyson had gotten home, she tossed her school things into her room before she turned to look outside. She had a strong desire to see the town, so she grabbed her school blazer and threw it on before she grabbed her purse and left a note for her father, who ended up working overtime and had yet to come home. Once that was done, she was out of the house and exploring the new city rather casually, ignoring the looks that people gave her. She looked like a tourist, but her uniform clearly showed she belonged to the city.

When she finally realized what time it was, it was getting cold and dark out. The more friendly population thinned and the more lecherous population increased. A lot of men and women thought that she was trying to cosplay a naughty school girl until they got closer to her to see her features. Shivering slightly, Allyson looked around and pouted, she had not paid attention to where she was walking and now was down on some street that looked rather dangerous, especially for a school girl that was alone.

The night was cold and dark. Thunder crashed over head, signifying a storm was approaching. Perfect, rain washed away most tangible evidence. The albino's crimson gaze watched every movement. She walked in the shadows, to be safe not to be seen. Her hands clutched the hilt of her knife as she walked. Someone would have to suffice.

Her eyes grew delighted as she set her sights on one of her class mates. A girl who she'd seen whispering about Allyson. Her lips spread into a wicked grin as she prepared for her target. A whistle escaped her lips to attract the girl into the darkened alleyway. The girl turned her gaze and approached the sound. "H-hello?" She said quietly, in a clearly scared voice.

"Are you afraid of the dark?" Reina's voice asked as she stepped out of the shadows. "Alone. Cold. Lonely." She said quietly as she approached the girl.

"It's you? You're the killer!" She made a move to scream but was silenced by Reina's knife entering her throat. Reina touched the side of her face covered in the girl's blood and looked down at her blood covered fingers, licking at the crimson fluid before grinning. Straddling the girl's corpse, Reina withdrew her knife and began to continuously stab the dead body. Her hushed breathing growing into laughter with every thrust of the knife. Rain pouring down on her and her victim.

By the time the rain had started, Allyson had admitted that she was lost. But even with the faint noise of the precipitation, she heard five words that anyone would dread to hear, "It's you? You're the killer!" Where most people would run away, Allyson moved closer to the voice until she saw a girl on the ground and a trench coated figure stabbing her classmate, "N...w...why?" she asked quietly as her hand shook slightly, the white hair stuck out like a sore thumb, "Reina!" she whimpered before she turned and started to run, not knowing where she was going and not really caring.

As she ran, she slipped multiple times, one was even in a street. But soon, she made it to an empty park and just collapsed next to a tree, shivering slightly as her knees got pulled up to her chest and her arms tightly wrapped themselves around her knees. She stared at the ground, not knowing what to do anymore.

It had to have been a mistake! She might not have known Reina, but she never gave off the serial killer vibe. Soon her eyes closed as tears started to mix in with the rain on her face. Her head lowered until her forehead rammed into her knees, "No...it can't be." she whimpered.

Reina's knife halted the second she heard the gasp. Her hands clutched tightly around the blade before she pulled it from the body. Her gaze shifted to see the fleeing figure. 'You recognized that voice... I know you did...' Reina held the side of her head with her free hand as she heard the voice speak. 'You know what you have to do. Silence her!' Reina shook her head back and forth. 'Now!' The startling order forced the girl into action. She quickly gave pursuit.

She followed the girl in silence through the streets to the cold and lonely park. Her hand clutched the knife tightly in her hand as she drew closer to whimpering. Her eyes fell upon the sitting girl and her heart stopped. "A-Allyson..." She gasped in realization. 'Do it! You'll never get a better chance!' Reina held her head again as the voice continued. "I can't!" She roared in retaliation. 'You will!' Reina fell to her knees in front of the girl and raised the knife high above her head before throwing it at the ground. "I won't..." She said quietly. "This... Is still my body..." She continued in her weak rebellion.

Her eyes quickly darted back and forth when she realized that the voice had fallen silent for the time being. It was at that moment that she panicked and fled the scene. Sprinting back towards her apartment, abandoning the knife at the scene.

Allyson's body froze when she heard Reina's voice. She looked up and watched as her classmate fled. Quickly, the girl jumped up to her feet and grabbed the knife before she sprinted after Reina, stopping once she hit the apartments. She looked around, trying to find out which one belonged to the girl, "R...Reina. Please, I need to talk to you." she called out as she held the knife out of view from other people. It was obvious that she was afraid, her body had the same tensed look that it did when she got stared at by their classmates.

"Please, I'm scared Reina. I...I cannot believe it. You're not like that!" she shouted as she leaned against the wall. Her uniform was thoroughly soaked, but that was the furthest thing on her mind, she was more concerned about the only friend she had made at school being the serial killer her dad was suppose to find. "My body hurts, my mind is torn. I do not know what to do anymore." she whimpered quietly.

Reina leaned back against her apartment door panting both from exhaustion and from fear. What was she supposed to do? Why couldn't she kill her? Her head fell into her hands as she released a loud cry of confusion. The albino could hear the girl's shouts and cries which only worsened the confusion she was suffering from. Why did she insist on following her? She saw her kill someone and still she followed. She couldn't believe it.

She felt the same protective urges returning. Allyson was afraid and alone out there in the cold. Allyson, the only one who ever bothered to try to understand, the only one who tried to care. With a great amount of fear as to what it might do, she slowly opened the apartment door and stepped outside into the rain. Her eyes finding her lost class mate quickly. "I'm here." She managed to say aloud.

Hearing Reina's voice, the girl turned and ran over before she wrapped her arms around the girl. Her whole body was shaking, "Y...you're not like that." she murmured quietly as she rested her forehead against the girl's shoulder. "I...I brought your knife back. Leaving it out like that would have been bad." she added before she reached down and grabbed one of Reina's hands.

"Please stop what you're doing. My father...everyone else, it is only a matter of time until they find a pattern and link it to you." she pleaded as she looked down, "I cannot lie...but I do not want to be the reason why you are sentenced." she added as she reached into her coat and pulled the knife out before holding it out to Reina, her hand on the blade. "Please...tell me why you killed all of those people." she murmured.

Reina couldn't speak. Her body froze at the sudden contact when she felt the other hug her. It wasn't a sensation she recognized. It was similar to the warmth she felt when she held the girl's hand earlier. The same form of sadness returned when the girl let go. She looked down at the knife being offered to her and took it in her hand.

Reina watched the girl as she spoke. Unsure of whether she could or should respond to anything being said. She looked up at the pouring rain before she stepped aside. "You'll get sick if you stay out here too long..." She said as if dismissive of the question being asked. What was she supposed to say? She heard voices? She enjoyed it? None of it would have helped.

Back
Top Bottom