Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you think of television currently?

OnScreenTyper

Planetoid
How do you feel about tv production in general?

Do you like any current shows?

Just talk about tv.

I love tv, especially now that television shows are easily available online. I am really likeing this tv seasons new shows like hellcats for example. It sucks how short seasons are anymore though.

I don't watch much TV to be honest. Most of it is a bunch of garbage. The only recent shows I watch are family guy and south park. I like going through old episodes of star trek though. :3

Really you don't think family guy is garbage? I find it odd that so many comedic (if you can call them that) cartoons hae poped u in the last few years, i remember when it was mainly simpsons and king of the hill.

I don't really watch all that much tv. I was a fan of 'Lost' while it aired and am sad it's over, but I don't really faithfully follow much else. Save maybe 'House MD', but even that I can miss an epi and be fine. I used to watch quite a lot back in the day, but nowadays. Not so much. Except I do find that I like several shows and documentaries that air on channels such as Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC and The History Channel. XD

The History Channel is great when its not a WW2 specal, i like the series "the universe"

Tv is much more enjoyable if you can watch it at your pace like have a tvo system or download it.

I don't watch much live TV at all, and taping things has become really difficult since the digital switch-over, because I have to remember to set the VCR AND the digital tuner all at the right time, and they don't synch and it's different every night.

So mostly I get my TV off DVD these days. Occasional scattered eps off the computer.

Please tell me your not still usng a vcr lol i remember when thats all there were. I havent watched live tv in about a year as i dont have time for it i like recordings cause i can pause it.

reduction said:
Television..... it's a evil creation! >8U

It's the Devil's magic... <_<

MATT... DAMON...

But seriously though, I haven't seen very much of live as-it-happens TV as of recently save for the local news at noon and five PM. Besides, there's too much of the same damn thing in sitcoms, dramas and game shows. I mean come on, I got cable and to be honest, I hate what's on most times! Ain't that sad?

You know which 'reality' show I actually don't mind watching? Man, Woman, Wild on Discovery Channel. That show is actually kind of cool. It's a husband and wife who have themselves 'dropped off' in remote locations and they have to survive the area for x number of days before rescued. Obviously, they have medics and what not on hand... but still. Pretty interesting. At least so far. But, there's only been one season. Hopefully they won't succumb to fame and make it shitty. As of now, I like it b/c they actually show you how to survive. They do not sugar coat anything. AND they admit to when they know they'd have died if they hadn't had on-hand medics and crew, etc etc. Adds a sense of realism to the whole thing. Of course, it has its moments of 'funny' too since they are husband and wife. hehe. But honestly, it's a fun watch for such a thing since it's both entertaining and educational.

The same goes for shows like American Chopper, Cash Cab, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs. It's entertaining and educational. Especially when guys like the contestants on Cash Cab get booted out after three easy questions or when Mike Rowe gets crotched by an ostrich or even when Adam Savage burns off an eyebrow purely on accident in order to confirm or bust a myth. It's funny to watch, but you learn something from it all.

I still use a VCR because I can't find a DVR that doesn't work with cable/satellite and doesn't seem to burn to DVD. I want something that works like a TiVo, just on internal memory, but since I don't have cable, it's got to work independently and have built-in digital reception. So far, I haven't found anything even offered like that.

Also, screw you, VCRs work just fine, damn it.

*is shunned for still having VHS tapes >.>....* *coughs*

anyway.

I don't even have basic cable soooo anytime I get to watch tv it's usually from mom's (In which case I watch History in HD OMG D:) Or if I'm a public place from there. >>

I don't watch too much television. Not too much interesting stuff that you can't find online right away, anyway. That, and it's mostly the same sort of programs ad nauseum.

So much better to be online with other people creating your own 'shows.'

Certain stations actually come up with some very good television. HBO makes good shows, and Showtime, but those aren't standard cable. I enjoy some shows on TNT and USA, but if you don't like crime shows then you're out of luck, because thats basically all it is.
Fox/NBC makes some good stuff, but they are more willing to cancel it then keep something good going.

I still think tv has potential for great stuff. I'm just not a fan of reality tv... -__-
kill it!

Some of the crime stuff is great especially non csi and non law and ordr. The Mentalist is a very fun crime show.

Reality tv is ok but like only top cheff and amazing race. those date shows are trash especially the flavor flav type ones

Back
Top Bottom