Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trapped with the Enemy

"What are they", he asked as he gathered the unusable bits of his javelin hafts. He couldn't see in the dark. If these things were animals...most feared fire. There was a enought tinder to have a small fire.

Though, if these things were anything like the fae...he was sure only steel would stop them. Monsters had alwas hated man's mastery of the riddle of steel.

Regaurdless, It was hard to fight in the dark. whether or not the monsters feared it. Kaiden would not be lighting the fire, not unless the things were comming into their refuge.

"No one really knows where they came from, or if their animals or not. The only thing that's known about them is that their crafty creatures that travel in groups of five, and enjoy the human flesh as a rare treat," she stated watching them go shaking her head at him. Looking down at what he brought she smiled at his preparation for a fight. "I can see I choice right when I choice you to get trapped down here with," she stated looking at him calmly.

"I call it luck...but more important is what you have to fight with. If they like human meat then they can probably smell it, or at least me", he discussed as he made preparations.

She used weapons of stone. Yes they were sharp, but how many survived the fall. Most of his weapons were usuable, and only a few were lost or too damaged to use. If they got above ground, there were tree he could use to rehaft some of his javelins.

Groups of five though, and these buggers hunted in the dark, so they had the advantage.

"Do they usually bring more than five...if we jump them, we can even the odds, unless you want them to try and drag us out of this hole. At least we can't be surrounded", he whispered the two scenarios that came to mind.

Aellae looked to him and shook her head, her mind momentarily forgetting that he wasn't native to these lands. Looking down at the descending creatures she waited until they disappeared in the shadow to show him the creatures ways. Moving back she worked her body to get to a piece of rock that she'd found while exploring the cave before. Moving back to the entrance she looked at him calmly before dropping the rock down the slope to the floor.

It didn't take long for 15 of the beast to be upon the rock, savagely stabbing at nothing before breaking rising their heads to see where it came from. "You see they do travel in herds of 5, however when the time is right and they have a special treat such as us they often join together." She said looking to him now while she explained. "They can't climb their legs weigh them down to much, while their arms are no where near strong enough to pull them up. We're safer here to an air raid attack than face to face."

"I've got three usable javelins, but there is not enough room for me to swing my swords. My dirk, daggers and shield are about it. What about you, he asked, offering her his hand axe.

Being stuck in a hole in a hole and not having a way to fight effectively. That was one way for the enemy to even the odds with a scot.

They didn't have much to raid an enemy that outnumbered them. Still every kill was better than not having a shot. Who knew what other tricks she had ready. Odd that he was relying on her now.

She shook her head at him looking at the ax, "Thank you but it's not my type of weapon." She stated moving back to grab her bag of things, she searched through it to see if any of her weapons for the air still were usable. She had a mere 6 arrows that would still hit one of them with precision, the rest were broken off and could only be used as a dagger of sorts.

Moving back to him she showed him what she had left, her 6 arrows would do a nice to hit some of them off. While she had a cutting knife for skinning things if needed. The 4 remaining arrow heads she could throw and hope to get a hit. "I don't have much but it will do for a few good hits," she looked back to him again. "I'll throw a rock and hit as many as I can with my arrows, once that happens I'll go down and fight as many as I can off. I'm faster so if I start to lose I can get back here quicker than you can. That way I'll weaken as many and kill as many as I can before you come down to finish them off," she says looking to him. "Does that sound fair?"

"Sounds like you're commiting suicide", he said shifting to the outer reach of their thresh hold. She had handful of arrows, and he a few javelins, enoough to pick off a few. Jumping down alone though, while he waited in the cave like a damsel in distress.

"If you jump, I'm not staying up here to have a wee las in her skivies and a knife do all the work", he growled. Being protected, that was a shame he wouldn't live through. Having an open fight would allow him to swing either of his swords.

"You're quick, but I'm only going to have to hit them once, and I don't have to worry about breaking me knife", he explained. As he would not allow her to play hero alone.

Looking to him she wasn't sure if she should be offended by him not wanting to be protected by her. Or thankful that he wanted to help out instead of being a coward. Either way she shook her head gathering her things before tossing the stone down, watching as the creatures came back into view. "Fine, than lets do it," she stated raising an arrow that was strung tight to the bow. Being careful she placed her shot right between the eyes of one and shot it dead. "Remember when you get down their cut horizontal on the head, otherwise we'll have even more to worry about." She aimed another and shot a second dead her body moving quickly yet smoothly over her targets.

"Easy enough", he said sparking his fire so they would be able to see better. He pulled one of his usable javelins and skewered a beast.

his hand on his basket sword as he waited for her leap. when she took to the air, he would jump opposite to display one of the classicial moves on scottish sword play. A leaping overhand chop.

Once all her arrows were used up she reached into her leather bag, pulling forth one of the spears before leaping into the air. Her body heading for a beast head directly while she sliced through, green blood spilling from the head as the body hit the ground with a thud. Moving quickly around the creatures she kept clear of Kaiden while he swung his weapons, slaying one beast after another. The killing needing to be quick otherwise the creatures would start to circle to entrap them.

"Kaiden you find the one with the red hair, that's the leader if you kill him their more likely to fall apart," she informed him dodging a scratch before slicing at the stomach.

Kaiden hit one of the beasts in the throat with the edge of his shield as he was informed by Aellae. Her stabs were quick and precise. As he heard deathcries behind him.

His own methods were not as graceful as they had to kill quickly. He crushed skulls with his shield. Battered witht eh pommel of his sword, and split heads as he had be warned. The fire helped them see, but admidst all the green, finding red would be difficult.

He caught claws on his shield and fought to dance around the field. Which meant Killing one and taking it's place. The creatures had no armor, but still there were mor eof tham than there was of him.

He saw it though, behind the cragnet that she made eat the head of her spear. He used the corpse of the one she just killed as a stepping stone and leapt bringing another savage scottisch leaping slashe at the alpha.

"Get the legs", he roared as he went for the head.

She looked to where he was getting at his body leaping into the air making her take note that he could have a deadly grace about him. Moving to where the alpha stood she dash forward making her body wrench back, her body sliding underneath him. Her dagger hand aimed just right to hit the creatures leg, she used her swift motion to stab his leg. Ruining one of the creatures tendons while severely damaging the other.

She stood up her hand resting on her side, the alpha's claw having caught her during the attack. She watched as her Allie in this fight took in the head Craget. She searched the area for anymore of the foul beast seeing only a few weak ones run off before she could follow them into the dark.

His blow fell heavily upon the beast. As his two hundred plus gear gave the sword more cutting weight.

His prowess was not as nimble and refined as her motions, but he was effective in reading his terrain, situations, and using his physical prowess to his advantage.
not seeing her attack caught his attention.

"What is it", he called questioningly as he readied his blade and shield for some new suprise.

Only he saw he holding her side. she said blood attracted the beast.

"Are you injured?"

"I'll be fine," she informed him the area clear now and the smell of the creatures blood being stronger than her own. "The Alpha just got me is all," she stated looking to her wound before back up at him. She smiled moving a little slower than normal towards him resting her hand on his back. "Good job, you have great skill," she smiled before moving away to climb painfully up the side of the hill so she could aid herself and fix the problem at hand.

"Thank you Aellae", he sad as he covered her. Trying not to wound her pride as well. he put his shield under hernext step and when she moved, he lifted her higher making it easier to take shelter in the aclove and the little fire.

He took a moment to gather all her arrows. Soem might be usuable, some might not, it looked like she knew how to fix them anyway. So it was better to have than to have not.

He climbed after her and looked to see how bad her wounds were. he had a few scratches, but most of his wounds were from the fall, and her.

She noticed the help and let it go as him doing her kindness, moving to the back of the small entrance she looked down at her torn shirt. She knew that in order to wrap it properly she would have to remove the shirt. When Kaiden came back up she looked to him and nodded, "I will be I just need to bandage it up, so I must ask you to turn around." She stated motioning for him to do so so she could remove her shirt a bandage herself up.

"And now you're bashful", he chides as he faces the entrace to the cave. Taking the watch he put's out the fire to save what little woode they had. Reading his shield and dirk he waits.

He set her recovered arrows not far from the fire bit. "Not sure if these are any good, but you might be able to use them", he tells her looking for more trouble.

She shakes her head at him while she removes her protective gear and clothing. She allows her upper body to lay exposed while she checks out the gash, it wasn't deep enough to need stitching but it still aught to be covered. "Bashfulness comes from arrogance and I'm not arrogant; just careful," she spoke calmly. Looking to him and his movements she looks over the arrows with a smile. "They can be used again, I'm made them well enough," she stated, finishing her wrapping before pulling on her cloth again to re-clothe herself. "Are you injured?"

"No worse than I was earlier", he reports. There was some good news. She'd be able to shoot and wasn't too injured. Though the pride, well nobody was perfect.

He had no idea how long this night would last. But little ability to use fire, limited visiability, little food, little water, and unknown enemies meant his gods were testing him. Or that should he live, he would prove to be quite the highlander's tale.

Looking to him she sighed moving over to the arrows seeing which ones she could fix and sharp. "It's your turn to sleep, I'll stay watch," she stated beginning her work. Her hands working easily to repair the weapons that she would have to use. "Get a good sleep for tomorrow we climb," she stated simply before she bid him goodnight. Not wanting to disturb him anymore.

Sleep would not come easy for the lost warrior. Her wound in his cheek, the aches from the fall and severity of the situation were sinking in.

Being alone in the forgotten corner of the world with monster and a warrior woman had him worried. He might get paid if it took him too long to deal with these setbacks.

Looking to her in the dark.

"Are you sure that you're wounds won't affect you?"

((sorry about the huge delay...holiday season hit work early and hard))

I"ll be fine now sleep," she was not one to be denied the right to defend over another. She had earned that right along with the weapons she now fixed. She hoped that no more creatures would make themselves known tonight, but if they did she would fight them and win, it was her way. She looked over to the man for a long moment, wondering if she could make it through with him here.

((It's fine, I understand))

"scoot over then" he told her with a groan. "I'd like to say what little kindling we have for another fire. and I prefer to sleep warm" He said scooting away from the intrance of their small cubby.

He press up against her. as he readied himself to attempt any sort of sleep.

"if you're going to get all pissy and stab me, do it quick", he said too ired and sore to worry about fighting with her.

"well isn't someone in a bad mood," she growled back at him while she moved the best should could away from him. He was large man riddled with toned muscle and broad shoulders. Something that any woman in her village would want, except to her he was only a man that needed to be knocked down a peg. When he mentioned the stabbing she only laughed at him, "Wouldn't want to ruin my attire with bad blood," she stated. Turning so her back was to them offering more room than her chest could give.

"I'm sobering up", he said but moved agaist her.

"I figured I might as well be braced for it should you decide I'm an foe again. Otherwise it's best we keep warm. Both of us have lost blood, and that can kill just as quick as the plague", he exlpained as he brought his fine highland figure close to hers. "Body heat will do us both a bit of good, besides it leaves you closer to extra weapons", he reasoned

He had not tried to get under her leathers, just gambled the best rational to stay warm considering their lacking burnable materials.

"I might add that I'm a bit softer than this stone, should you be used to more comfortable predicaments"

Back
Top Bottom