Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Addicted to Nature (Hat + Lucian)

Hat-tori

Supernova
Billy looked at the clock. He was worried, running his fingers, strong and precise, through his short black hair. It was already four PM. The boy was due here at.... noon? He sighed. It was a rough area, a huge forest with a single rough road. Bah. The kid sounded very young to leave his home. 18? 20? Barely five or six years younger than himself. He stretched and dressed himself, a white, well-fitting tee, and blue jeans. yawned, looking over the news one last time with green eyes, picking up his kit for getting a car out of mud or the like and walking outside, inhaling the scent of pine and oak.

Tossing the kit into the back of his truck, he climbed in and started it up, making his way through the forest road. It had just recently rained, resulting in long, sinister mudpits that loved to trap cars. He was retired, even at his age, the reward of nearly losing a hand in the military (he wore an advanced prosthesis he covered with a glove), but he was lonely, and town was too far away to go to regularily.

So he decided to rent out the upstairs guest bedroom, advertising the place as more of a getaway than anything, and got a call a few days later. He set an appointment, but was almost certain the kid would get stuck in some mud or similar.

He just hoped the kid would wait in the car instead of getting out and trying to fix the problem himself. it was very easy to slip and fall, and then he'd be even more miserable.

Hat-tori said:
Billy looked at the clock. He was worried, running his fingers, strong and precise, through his short black hair. It was already four PM. The boy was due here at.... noon? He sighed. It was a rough area, a huge forest with a single rough road. Bah. The kid sounded very young to leave his home. 18? 20? Barely five or six years younger than himself. He stretched and dressed himself, a white, well-fitting tee, and blue jeans. yawned, looking over the news one last time with green eyes, picking up his kit for getting a car out of mud or the like and walking outside, inhaling the scent of pine and oak.

Tossing the kit into the back of his truck, he climbed in and started it up, making his way through the forest road. It had just recently rained, resulting in long, sinister mudpits that loved to trap cars. He was retired, even at his age, the reward of nearly losing a hand in the military (he wore an advanced prosthesis he covered with a glove), but he was lonely, and town was too far away to go to regularily.

So he decided to rent out the upstairs guest bedroom, advertising the place as more of a getaway than anything, and got a call a few days later. He set an appointment, but was almost certain the kid would get stuck in some mud or similar.

He just hoped the kid would wait in the car instead of getting out and trying to fix the problem himself. it was very easy to slip and fall, and then he'd be even more miserable.

Car? Not him. Lucian rode a Harley and as soon as he saw the state the road was in he got off his bike and started walking, pushing the bike along side of the road. Probably why he was so late. that and he was actually enjoying the woods. he loved being in wooded areas, they actually helped him relax. So he was taking his time getting to the new place, unaware of how late he really was. he had his pack in a compartment on the side of his Harley so he didn't have to carry it.

He was wearing black jeans and a maroon colored silk shirt with black boots. When he left the house he looked nice but now the boots and the bottom of the jeans were caked in mud. He also had a small pendant of a black onyx dragon with ruby eyes around his neck. he continued walking and started to wonder how much further he had to go before he got to the place. As for being to young to leave home, He didn't have much of a home life. he had been raised by his older brother and they had been getting into alot of fights lately so he decided it was time to move out, telling his brother he'd send for whatever he needed later and only taking his Harley and a duffel bag of clothes with him until he found out what he had and what he'd need.

Lucian Luna said:
Hat-tori said:

Car? Not him. Lucian rode a Harley and as soon as he saw the state the road was in he got off his bike and started walking, pushing the bike along side of the road. Probably why he was so late. that and he was actually enjoying the woods. he loved being in wooded areas, they actually helped him relax. So he was taking his time getting to the new place, unaware of how late he really was. he had his pack in a compartment on the side of his Harley so he didn't have to carry it.

He was wearing black jeans and a maroon colored silk shirt with black boots. When he left the house he looked nice but now the boots and the bottom of the jeans were caked in mud. He also had a small pendant of a black onyx dragon with ruby eyes around his neck. he continued walking and started to wonder how much further he had to go before he got to the place. As for being to young to leave home, He didn't have much of a home life. he had been raised by his older brother and they had been getting into alot of fights lately so he decided it was time to move out, telling his brother he'd send for whatever he needed later and only taking his Harley and a duffel bag of clothes with him until he found out what he had and what he'd need.

As soon as he saw the bike, Billy smiled, stopping the truck and getting out. He seemed to know the road well, walking long over puddles and mud without even looking. "You have some excellent taste." he said, nodding at the bike. "Used to ride one myself until I moved out here. I'm William Black. But you can call me Billy." he said, offering his normal hand to shake with. He was a tall, wide man. Muscular, but not built: it was clear he had a hobby that involved heavy lifting. "That all your luggage?" he asked, looking at the duffel bag.

He grinned wide in the back of his mind. Excellent. He'd found just the kind of guy he was looking for. Easy on the eyes, seemed to like the outdoors, damn, even had the same taste in motorcycles.

"You want a ride? I have a harness in the back of the truck for a bike."

Hat-tori said:
Lucian Luna said:
Hat-tori said:

As soon as he saw the bike, Billy smiled, stopping the truck and getting out. He seemed to know the road well, walking long over puddles and mud without even looking. "You have some excellent taste." he said, nodding at the bike. "Used to ride one myself until I moved out here. I'm William Black. But you can call me Billy." he said, offering his normal hand to shake with. He was a tall, wide man. Muscular, but not built: it was clear he had a hobby that involved heavy lifting. "That all your luggage?" he asked, looking at the duffel bag.

He grinned wide in the back of his mind. Excellent. He'd found just the kind of guy he was looking for. Easy on the eyes, seemed to like the outdoors, damn, even had the same taste in motorcycles.

"You want a ride? I have a harness in the back of the truck for a bike."

Lucian watched the truck come down the road and stop next to him. "Thanks I love Harleys. Hi Billy, I'm Lucian." He took the man's hand and shook it. "Yeah this is all I brought with me. had to get away while I had the chance. Thanks I could use the ride. Was starting to wonder if I'd ever get to the place." He pushed his bike over to the truck and waited for the man to open the back so he could lift it in and get it tied down.

Billy pushed open the back, helping him heave the motorcycle into the back. He frowned at the shows and the pants, though. "We're gonna have to wash those before you get it into the carpet. It's a bitch to get out, pardon the French." he said, opening the passenger door and then walking around to the driver side. "Climb in, kiddo. We'll talk about the specifics of rent when we get inside."

Hat-tori said:
Billy pushed open the back, helping him heave the motorcycle into the back. He frowned at the shows and the pants, though. "We're gonna have to wash those before you get it into the carpet. It's a bitch to get out, pardon the French." he said, opening the passenger door and then walking around to the driver side. "Climb in, kiddo. We'll talk about the specifics of rent when we get inside."

He helped get the bike in and anchored and then walked to the passenger side of the truck. "Ok sir. I was planning on washing them anyways." he climbed into the truck and waited for the man to get in on the drivers side. "Sounds good sir. Don't worry about me not being able to pay. I have the money."

He climbed inside and shut the door behind him. "Well, I'm not really renting out for money, but company. But if you feel the need, rent is two hunnerd fifteenth of every month." he said simply. "We can make arrangements about the food and whatnot later, but I'll be happy to cook for two. Not much of a chef, though."

He paused for a moment, turning the truck around and heading back.

"You said you needed to get out as soon as you could. I don't want to pry, but... what's that about?" he asked.

Hat-tori said:
He climbed inside and shut the door behind him. "Well, I'm not really renting out for money, but company. But if you feel the need, rent is two hunnerd fifteenth of every month." he said simply. "We can make arrangements about the food and whatnot later, but I'll be happy to cook for two. Not much of a chef, though."

He paused for a moment, turning the truck around and heading back.

"You said you needed to get out as soon as you could. I don't want to pry, but... what's that about?" he asked.

"Don't worry about the cooking, I can cook for us and I am a good cook. Hmmm... about an older brother who wouldn't leave me alone. I couldn't take it anymore. Ok I don't mind being company for you, but if you need me to I can pay the rent too. If you want me to do anything else to help out around the house just let me know sir. Besides cooking I can also clean."

He nodded.
"Another hand around the house wouldn't hurt." he said, pulling the glove off his injured hand, revealing the prosthetic. It was three-fingered, operated by small muscle movements in his wrist. "Considering I'm short one, haha." he gripped the wheel. "I was in the army. It's a training wound, would you believe that? Goddamn grenade had a short fuse. Boom, blew it clean off."

He sighed. "I'm surprised you didn't run off with some girl, then. You must have to beat them away with a stick." he said as he stopped the car and put the glove back on, getting out and opening the door for him. He lead him to the front door, pulling off his shoes and socks.

"Washing machines are in the basement." he said, coughing quietly. He'd managed to avoid the mud, but... He held out his good hand. "Let's have them."

Hat-tori said:
He nodded.
"Another hand around the house wouldn't hurt." he said, pulling the glove off his injured hand, revealing the prosthetic. It was three-fingered, operated by small muscle movements in his wrist. "Considering I'm short one, haha." he gripped the wheel. "I was in the army. It's a training wound, would you believe that? Goddamn grenade had a short fuse. Boom, blew it clean off."

He sighed. "I'm surprised you didn't run off with some girl, then. You must have to beat them away with a stick." he said as he stopped the car and put the glove back on, getting out and opening the door for him. He lead him to the front door, pulling off his shoes and socks.

"Washing machines are in the basement." he said, coughing quietly. He'd managed to avoid the mud, but... He held out his good hand. "Let's have them."

Lucian looked over at him and had to laugh at the man's joke. "hmmm... that sucks. I'll do whatever you need help with sir. Are you kidding. Most of the girls that tried to get with me where either air heads or wanted to get closer to my brother or... even worse. Wanted to get their hands on the Luna money. No thank you. They were so not my type.." he climbed from the truck without saying what his type was and walked to the door. he removed his muddy shoes, his socks and his muddy pants and handed them to the man. Good thing he had put some boxers on underneath. He walked into the house and rummaged through his back until he found a pair of black sweat pants. He took them from the bag and wiggled into them as he looked around the place.

Lucian Luna said:
Hat-tori said:
He nodded.

Lucian looked over at him and had to laugh at the man's joke. "hmmm... that sucks. I'll do whatever you need help with sir. Are you kidding. Most of the girls that tried to get with me where either air heads or wanted to get closer to my brother or... even worse. Wanted to get their hands on the Luna money. No thank you. They were so not my type.." he climbed from the truck without saying what his type was and walked to the door. he removed his muddy shoes, his socks and his muddy pants and handed them to the man. Good thing he had put some boxers on underneath. He walked into the house and rummaged through his back until he found a pair of black sweat pants. He took them from the bag and wiggled into them as he looked around the place.

Excellent.

He smiled. The house was large, expansive. It was clear why he was alone: The place was too big for one person by far. "Inherited." Billy said as he walked past him into the basement. "Used to be my grandfather's." he called up. "He built the place with his own hands." he threw in the clothes, along with the week's load, and started it up. He came back up. "Gas stove, along with a lot of pots and pans that don't see a whole lot of use these days. Your room is upstairs, the only one up there. Hope you like trees! That's all you'll get from the veiw."

Hat-tori said:
Lucian Luna said:
Hat-tori said:
He nodded.

Excellent.

He smiled. The house was large, expansive. It was clear why he was alone: The place was too big for one person by far. "Inherited." Billy said as he walked past him into the basement. "Used to be my grandfather's." he called up. "He built the place with his own hands." he threw in the clothes, along with the week's load, and started it up. He came back up. "Gas stove, along with a lot of pots and pans that don't see a whole lot of use these days. Your room is upstairs, the only one up there. Hope you like trees! That's all you'll get from the veiw."

"Inherited? Same way my brother got the mansion. Well the pots and pans will get good use with me here. I don't mind trees, I love the woods." He went upstairs to unpack his clothes. He hung his shirts and pants in the closet and put his boxers and sweat pants in a drawer in the dresser then came back downstairs. "Ok, ready to talk about the rent bit if you want now."

Lucian Luna said:
Hat-tori said:
Lucian Luna said:

Excellent.

"Inherited? Same way my brother got the mansion. Well the pots and pans will get good use with me here. I don't mind trees, I love the woods." He went upstairs to unpack his clothes. He hung his shirts and pants in the closet and put his boxers and sweat pants in a drawer in the dresser then came back downstairs. "Ok, ready to talk about the rent bit if you want now."

"Simple stuff, just a two hundred dollar check on the fifteenth every month. Otherwise, you're pretty much free to do as you please." He paused. "Except... I have to mandate a lights out at eight or nine o' clock. Sorry, just something I need."

Hat-tori said:
Lucian Luna said:
Hat-tori said:
Excellent.

"Simple stuff, just a two hundred dollar check on the fifteenth every month. Otherwise, you're pretty much free to do as you please." He paused. "Except... I have to mandate a lights out at eight or nine o' clock. Sorry, just something I need."

"Ok I can handle two hundred a month no problem. Ummm... that's a little early for me, but then I'm used to living with my brother who was always throwing parties that went on to all hours of the morning, so I didn't get much sleep at home. Probably need to finally get to sleep at a descent hour."

"No worries." he said with a sigh as the dishwasher rumbled quietly. "You know, for someone who supposedly has a lot of money, you sure packed light. Sure you aren't trying to get away from more than just your brother?" he asked. "By the by, I went grocery shopping last night. Fully stocked kitchen, go nuts. Let's celebrate your independence!"

Hat-tori said:
"No worries." he said with a sigh as the dishwasher rumbled quietly. "You know, for someone who supposedly has a lot of money, you sure packed light. Sure you aren't trying to get away from more than just your brother?" he asked. "By the by, I went grocery shopping last night. Fully stocked kitchen, go nuts. Let's celebrate your independence!"

"Hmmm... nope not trying to get away from anything besides family. Not much would fit on my Harley is all. Sounds good to me." He walks into the kitchen. He finds some steaks and his favorite spices. He puts a pan on the stove and seasons the steaks then puts them in the pan to cook. He then grabs a couple potatoes and washes them. he butters the outside and wraps foil around them then pokes wholes in the foil. he puts them in a preheated oven to cook. Next he grabbed stuff to make a salad and mixed up a homemade dressing. he put the salad and the dressing in the fridge until the rest was done. Now he flipped the steaks over to cook on the other side. After 20 minutes both steaks and potatoes were ready and he put them on two plates, then he took the salad and dressing from the fridge and put both of them in the middle of the table. he placed a plate in front of each of the two chairs then went back to where he had left the man. "It's ready now." he then went back to where the food was and sat down, waiting for the man to sit before he started to eat.

He chuckled, happily eating the meal as he poured the new resident a glass of wine. "It's nice to have a new face in the house." he said. "There's only one bathroom, I'm afraid, but I think we'll manage." he went on as he poured himself a glass, holding it up.
"To new begginings." he said.

Hat-tori said:
He chuckled, happily eating the meal as he poured the new resident a glass of wine. "It's nice to have a new face in the house." he said. "There's only one bathroom, I'm afraid, but I think we'll manage." he went on as he poured himself a glass, holding it up.
"To new begginings." he said.

Lucian took the wine and held his glass up as well. "yes to new begginings. I think we can handle one bathroom between the two of us." Lucian started to eat his food while watching the man so he could see if the guy liked the food he made.

"I am definitely looking forward to your stay here." he said as he ate happily. "Haven;t eaten this well since before I joined the Army. And housework, too? I am indeed too lucky." he smiled as he cleaned his plate, and the washing machine screeched. "Well, that'd be the clothes." he said, then paused at the door to the basement. "Oh, one more thing. We're all guys here. So you don't need to worry about the dress code I mentioned in the ad. Wear whatever you like."

Hat-tori said:
"I am definitely looking forward to your stay here." he said as he ate happily. "Haven;t eaten this well since before I joined the Army. And housework, too? I am indeed too lucky." he smiled as he cleaned his plate, and the washing machine screeched. "Well, that'd be the clothes." he said, then paused at the door to the basement. "Oh, one more thing. We're all guys here. So you don't need to worry about the dress code I mentioned in the ad. Wear whatever you like."

"I'm glad you enjoy it sir." he finished his food as well and looked up when he heard the washing machine. "oh yeah, forgot about those. Ok sir, no problem there. Thanks for telling me though. Appreciate it." He picked up the dirty dishes and took them to the sink and then washed them up, dried them, and put them away.

Billy came back with the clothes, handing Lucian the pants and socks before heading to his own room. On the way out, he shut the door a little hard, opening it just in time to catch something that fell from above it, jarred loose: A pentagram. He grumbled quietly and hung it again.

Hat-tori said:
Billy came back with the clothes, handing Lucian the pants and socks before heading to his own room. On the way out, he shut the door a little hard, opening it just in time to catch something that fell from above it, jarred loose: A pentagram. He grumbled quietly and hung it again.

Lucian looked up when he heard the door slam and then watched the pentagram fall. he looked at the man. "Something wrong? You mad about something?" He stood up and started to walk from the room to put his clothes in his bedroom. Considering who he lived with nothing really shocked him, even that pentagram.

"Naw, this thing just likes to fall down a lot." he replied. "I find things in the woods, you see. Place used to have a cabal of druids or something, so I'll find something interesting once in a while."

Hat-tori said:
"Naw, this thing just likes to fall down a lot." he replied. "I find things in the woods, you see. Place used to have a cabal of druids or something, so I'll find something interesting once in a while."

"Hmmm... sounds like I'm really going to like it here. I like exploring, especially if I find interesting stuff. I'd say I should go find some books on Druids in case I find something I might need to do research on, but I get a feeling it's a long way to town. I'll probably have to wait for the roads to clear up from the mud puddles before I can do that. I love to read, especially on anything considered goth or magical.

"Doesn't happen often. I've scoured the area around here for the past two or three years, and all I've found was this," he pointed at the pentagram, made of oddly twisted sticks "and a sickle I keep in the basement. But hey, if you can find anything, that'd be great." he shrugged noncomittally, looking towards the outdoors. It was getting darker.

Back
Top Bottom