Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Wind

"No, but I hear screaming," she replied, as if on cue, another scream alerted her coming from a building just up ahead. She sprinted, running up the stairs and leaning against the frame of the door. She motioned Nathan to get on the other side of the door before she leaned foreward. Counting to three, she kicked open the door and aimed her berretta at two men holding down another. They were forcing something down his throat.

"Hey, get off of him!" she shouted, firing a warning shot as the two men scrambled away. She hurried to the side of the man on the floor and leaned down. "Hey, you okay?" she asked as the man twitched, and suddenly, was up. His eyes turned red with blood and before she knew it, his mouth split open as he charged at her.

Nathan's eyes widened seeing what happened as the men ran away. He stayed away from the man as he looked out the doorway to see where they ran off but they disappeared so suddenly.

Nathan- Dammit...huh?

He turned around hearing something sound like it ripped and saw the man's face. Surprised, though he was, but he noticed it charged after Jayden. Nathan ran over and tackled the guy onto the ground and tried to pin him but he seemed stronger than he looked.

Nathan- What the hell is happenin here?!

He reached over for his stun rod but whenever he'd loosen pressure on the guy's limb he would nearly break free.

Nathan- Jayden do somethin about this freak!

Jayden watched as Nathan tackled the guy. She stood stunned for a moment, which wasn't a good thing. Hesitation in any profession often ended in termination. And she would have certainly had Nathan not jumped the gun. Quickly, she pulled out her mossberg, kicked Nathan out of the way and the shotgun went off. Pieces of the mans head splattered everywhere as his body twitched slightly. She released the breath she hadn't known she was holding before glancing at Nathan.

"Didn't mean to kick you so hard Nath, but are you alright?" she asked as she held the mossberg still in her hands and walked towards Nathan.

Nathan lay on his back panting hard, the kick took out whatever air he had left in him after struggling with the monstrous man. He weakly held up a thumbs up sign before sitting up, still panting. He seemed to be panicking slightly.

Nathan- Just what the hell happened!? What the fuck was that!?

Nathan never read the Kennedy Reports nor heard of Oroboros. He was a clueless peon just doing its job.

"Your guess is as good as mine. They are acting like those Ganado's detailed in the Kennedy Report. Although there is something else about these," she replied as she helped Nathan up. This was a serious problem and she needed to get the details back to HQ ASAP. She turned to Nathan and shrugged.

"You okay to go on? " she asked, turning to face the young male and couldn't help but smile.

Nathan stood up and coughed a bit before nodded. He stood sternly and unholstered the skorpion.

Nathan- If I wasn't I wouldn't have gone on this mission. Something like a small kick like that is gonna have to take down more than me. Hell, I feel I could take on the ax-maniac of every scary movie haha. Uh...you lead.

He scratched the back of his head and looked away. Though he was okay to go on, he felt he shouldn't get the front. Something felt a bit bad about all this.

Jayden nodded as she walked towards the back. There was no other door, and it seemed the only way down would be to jump through the window, tuck-in-roll style. She glanced towards Nathan, then back to the window and shrugged. Might as well if it's the only option. She tucked in the berretta and rubbed her hands together. It was now or never, and with a surge of adrenaline, she dashed towards the window, tucked in her arms, and crashed through the window.

"Your turn Nathan," she shouted up at the boy who still lingered behind. She grabbed her berretta out of its holster and inspected the area while she waited for Nathan. Something seemed odd. It was quiet....

Too Quiet.

Nathan stepped back before getting a running start as he jumped through the window and landed beside her, though he landed on a merchant's stand. The noise broke the silence as he lay there.

Nathan- Aye........that hurt.....

He got up and popped his back straight as he looked around. The air felt ominous.

Back
Top Bottom