Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To drop down the chain (Raziel and Devxx)

"He's dead." She said simply. It was a lie but that was how she preferred to think of it. It wasn't a pleasant memory but she did understand the logic behind it. Better it be by the hands of one of the captains then at the hands of an enemy. War was not a pleasant thing and it had a way of turning even the most innocent of people into bloodthirsty killers. Yet battle was also an escape for her from a life she would rather die then have. If she followed the path of every other girl in her village she would be married now with two kids to raise and a concept of the world that was only as wide as the village.

She closed her eyes as he slid his hands over her body, enjoying the warm feeling of his hands on her. "Yes, but don't forget that I am a knight and it was my choice as well." Even through all of this she was a knight after all and one of the best the kingdom had. They all made their choices with their lives and they had to live with those choices. For her the choice was to become a butcher and a knight or some pathetic housewife and mother. She leaned in and kissed his bottom lip. Reaching her hands under her own shirt she lifted it over her head and threw it to the floor leaving her in just her bra.

One hand reaching behind his neck she pulled him in and kissed his neck a little rougher this time. Her other hand slipped over his chest and towards his pants where she could feel him. "Don't try to distract me, this is still supposed to be your punishment." She said mischievously as her chest rubbed against his and her hand started rubbing over his hard member through his pants.

“I know what you are, and know that I am not afraid of you, even if I have no weapons to protect myself with against your blade.” He did, of course, though she would never know that. His hands were more than weapons enough. His eyes didn’t leave hers even as she pulled her shirt off. She was lying about the man, but he would pester her about that later.

His eyes left hers after a moment, slowly moving down her body, seeing that she was wearing a bra. He was a little surprised, considering that they were rather uncomfortable and expensive, not to mention rare to find. But he figured that she had enough money made as the Black Knight that she could afford something like this if she asked the king for it. His hands slid behind her back as her hand slid down his chest, rubbing him through the material of his pants, pulling a short gasp and groan from his lips before he nipped at her shoulder.

She pulled him into another rougher kiss, and he gladly returned it, his fingers pulling her bra off, fingertips brushing along her side as he released her breasts. “It may be my punishment…” He said, as his fingers ran up her back, gripping over her shoulder. “… But I have my own thing I must do now.” He suddenly shifted his body, nearly throwing her onto her back on the bed. He stayed sitting up, looking down at her and her half-bare body.

“Do not be alarmed.” He said softly, as he shifted his body to face hers more, his left hand slowly tracing along the brim of her pants. “I won’t be rough. I simply needed to make my… presence known.” He leaned down as his hand reached her breast, cupping it in a tender touch as his lips found hers. He wasn’t as rough as she had been, maybe to help her calm down and enjoy herself.

"You should be scared of me you know." She said, looking him straight in the eye. She was still the enemy of him and his kingdom. Who knew how this war would turn out and if they would end up meeting in the battlefield. Hell, they couldn't even be sure how the whole hostage negotiation would go. Maybe the advisers that would be meeting with Thumil would screw things up and he would order Alexander's death. It would be up to her to make sure that the king's orders were carried out. War was a complex and ever changing thing and no one could completely predict how it would turn out. Yet even if you won the war you were never really the victor. Too many people would die for you to ever really claim victory.

She smirked as she heard him groan, happy to finally get an interesting reaction out of him. She let him take off her bra as goosebumps started forming on her now exposed skin. A slight shiver went down her spine as she felt his fingers trace over her body. Her eyes widened in surprise as he shifted his body and she felt him get on top of her. Instinctively she almost reached for her blade but stopped at the very last second. He was still the enemy and she couldn't forget that but for the moment it didn't look like she was in any real danger.

Her lips met his and she let him kiss her. It was different then before but it felt...nice. Hands traveled over his shoulders and around his back where she could feel the smallest trace of a scar on his back. "Where did you get that?" She asked, pulling back from the kiss. It was only fair anyway. She had answered his question and she'd wanted to know about the scar from the beginning. It didn't look like something that you'd get just by accident as a little kid.

He could almost feel the goosebumps on her skin. She wasn’t use to this… Whether she saw this as given pleasure or kindness, he didn’t know, but either was better than the thought of sex as torture. He felt her lips pull away from his as her fingers slowly went over his back. “Ah, yes, that scar.” He said, lifting himself up slightly so he could look along her face better, his arms surprisingly able to hold himself with ease.

“I got that several years ago. I suppose you can call it my own form of… ‘training.’” He kisses her shoulder lightly before continuing. “I went out and purposefully got captured, hiding only two small sticks on my body. Let’s just say that I didn’t do nearly as well as I thought I would have today. The locks were a little smaller than what I had expected, and I got a few good whippings before they took a blade to my back.” His face lost a little bit of color as behind his eyes he relived the situation. It would have been terrible if reinforcements didn’t come soon, as planned.

His eyes closed, shaking his head slowly to clear his mind of the memory. “This isn’t supposed to be about me…” He couldn’t help but chuckle, shaking his head again. “I’m sorry, it was SUPPOSED to be about me, but I turned it around and made it about you. And you keep sidetracking me.” And he kissed her, deeper, but not in the ultra-possessive way that she had before to him: It was a passion that he didn’t share too much, hidden behind a heart of iron and will of steel.

His hand moved back to her breast, gently cupping it and rubbing her soft skin with gentle hands, his thumb brushing against her peak in circles, feeling it stiffen. “Let me do what I can do best for you… at least in a private area, the best I can do.”

"You actually let yourself get captured?" He must have really been dedicated to what he wanted to know if he was actually willing to let himself get caught. So, those sticks must have been what he had used to let the horses loose in the stable. Hm, he was a lot trickier then she had thought at first if he had managed that with just lock picks. "Remind me to have you searched daily and keep all sticks away from you." She joked as her hands kept moving along his back. That whole ordeal was probably still a touchy subject and it would be something he'd never forget.

"I'm getting you sidetracked? This is supposed to be your punishment for getting me in trouble, remember?" This wasn't even looking like any kind of punishment at all. It might have started out that way but now he was on top of her and in a position of control. How this was supposed to get him back for letting the horses loose she couldn't remember but it wasn't like she was complaining at the moment.

She kissed him again as her tongue ran over his bottom lip. It was different from what it had been before and the struggle for power seemed to have shifted into something less resembling a battle and more just a pleasant night. Her hands wrapped into his hair as she pulled her body up to his.

Her back arched to meet his hands as they moved over her breasts. She could feel her body reacting to his touches as her nipples began to harden and her body started getting hotter. A small whimper escaped her as he rubbed over her soft skin. This wasn't how she was expecting things to turn out but his hands felt good on her skin while her own were still entwined in his locks.

“I may be supposed to be punished for it, but you didn’t physically hurt me. I think that would have been a better punishment for what I had done, had I been in your position. But, I must be glad that you didn’t, because one of us would have been injured had you tried.” He returned the more passionate flick of her tongue with nipping her lower lip, tugging lightly, before laying her back on the bed.

“Relax and enjoy it.” He whispered, bending down and kissing her before sitting back up, slowly continuing his play with her breast. His right hand went to her other one, following suit, before his head bent down. He kissed along her shoulder, nipping her neck, before kissing downward. Her soft skin was open to him, and his lips traced along small dips downward to her breasts. He gently kissed up one before reaching her peak and swirling the tip of his tongue around it.

He lifted his head up to her, smiling. “Is this foreplay too much? Should I... advance it a little more?”

She could only guess that they had two very different ideas of who would have gotten hurt had things turned out differently. For now though she decided to take his advice and simply relax. There would be time to worry about everything tomorrow once the king had met with his advisers and the message reached Alexander's father.

She moaned as he continued to play with her breasts as sparks of pleasure flowed through her body. Her body moved to give him better access as she closed her eyes and felt his tongue move over her nipples. Dammit, he was better then she had thought. Someone it had turned from her torturing him to him somehow getting on top. Still, if this was how he thought it was going to be for very long then he was sadly mistaken. She had every intention of taking control again but for now she'd just let him do what he was obviously good at.

"It's not too much." She said with a smirk as she looked up at him. There was no way she was going to give in this early in the game.

He absorbed her delicious moans happily, tongue moving that much more skillfully with each sound of pleasure that she gave to him. Her words almost made him smirk, considering how she sounded at the moment. It was the first time that he put his guard down in a long time, even before he was captured, and for some reason, he put some sort of trust in her… at least for now. Sex always seemed to do that to people.

His mouth moved from her breast after a minute or two, kissing back up to her lips, kissing her deeply. “I know more than enough to have you come back, I think. Though, I’ll admit that I’ll be saddened if I’m proven wrong.” His voice didn’t have that knowing sarcasm now; it was softer, almost wanting. A hand left her breast, slowly sliding down her body, before teasing the edge of her pants and sliding in under them and her panties. He was slightly surprised to find her moistened, and his fingers slowly stroked over her lips, enjoying more soft skin before a finger slowly stroked her lips open.

“I know what you’re thinking.” He said, as he stroked velvetine flesh, finding her clit and slowly starting to stroke it. “And I must say that you shouldn’t. Torture me later however you want, but let yourself enjoy it now.”

"Cocky aren't we?" She smirked as her hands traced over his arms. Soon enough though her eyes were closed and her hands were a balled into fists as his hands slid under her pants and started teasing her. She could already feel herself getting wet from his actions and the stroking wasn't helping one bit. Already a warm sensation was building in the pit of her stomach and she could feel her body getting hotter still as his finger kept working.

"Agh, bastard." She muttered under her breath as she pressed her face into the pillow as another moan escaped her lips. Her body was already tensing and responding to him and neither of them were even completely naked yet. This was going to be one interesting night and she could only wonder what kind of teasing she'd get from the guards after this. No doubt they were listening at the door wondering what was taking her so long and why they weren't hearing him beg for his life.

Although the night was still young and she had every intention of continuing her so called 'torture' on him.

She was extremely reactive to what he was doing, and he caught her lips in a deep kiss as she tried to hide the moan, catching it in his lips. “I may be cocky with this, but I have reason to be, no?” He said, in a silken voice. His finger rubbed slowly, in circles, soon speeding up. He kept this up for a bit, his lips kissing along her neck and shoulders, but his hand soon enough came out of her pants and panties, hands going down and pushing them both down and off.

He slid down her body, kissing the soft skin and wiggling out of his pants. His tongue teased both of her nipples before sliding down more, teasing her stomach before her hips. The tip of his tongue and his lips followed the v down to her womanhood, and he was teased with a scent that he had never experienced. His arm moved her leg over his head, spreading her legs somewhat and putting her thighs over his shoulder. He gently kissed just above her womanly core, before his tongue gently spread her lips again, flicking along her clit slowly, savoring the delicious taste of her juices.

“How are the guards armored?” He asked softly before flicking his tongue against her clit again. “I promise that it isn’t to escape, it’s to help you save face.” He tilted his head down, savoring her taste and flicking her clit a little faster as he worked to please her.

She leaned into his kiss as she felt herself getting wetter still as his pace sped up. Before she knew it he had removed the rest of her clothing leaving her completely naked under him. Her frame was small and lithe with compact muscles under soft skin instead of bulging biceps that you would find on other knights. "Agh, that feels so good." She said breathlessly as she felt his hot tongue move down her body and tease her most sensitive parts.

"Not very heavily. They both have swords...they're out of armor and are probably half asleep by now." Maybe it wasn't the best idea to tell him this but right now her mind was spinning with pleasure. He said it wasn't to escape but could she really trust him? Strangely enough she actually did feel like he was telling the truth about his intent. Here she was naked with her weapon on the floor underneath him so if he had really wanted to he could have overpowered her and escaped anyway. Yet it didn't really seem like that was what was currently occupying his mind right now.

Her chest was rising and falling heavily as her breathing became more labored as he continued to use his tongue. Sabine grit her teeth as she moaned again while the grasped at the bedsheets hoping for something to ground her back into reality. The warm feeling in the pit of her stomach had spread to the rest of her body as he kept teasing her. "Stop teasing. I...I want you." It was true, he was driving her crazy and she just wanted him inside her already.

He made sure to remember her words, if only for use in a few minutes. And as he heard her panting, groaning, wishing that he would stop and take her, he flicked her clit one more time before slowly sitting up, leaving her there with her legs spread. He grabbed his pants, pulling out the two wooden sticks, opening the end of them and sliding out the lockpick inside them. He went to the door and nearly silently unlocked the door, opening it just enough that she wouldn’t be visible to the men outside.

They were half asleep, and when he came out of the closet prison, they turned to him sleepily, the alarm only slowly growing. To make sure of the two, his hands reached out quickly to the shoulder, pinching a nerve each and knocking them out. He closed the door and locked it again before turning to her.

“There’s only one thing stopping me…” He said, almost in a whisper, as he put the lockpicks back in their hiding area, then went back to her, head bending down and licking her clit a few time, before kissing up her body again. His lips were hovering near hers again, his hips against hers, hard length rubbing her womanhood. “There’s only one thing stopping me…” He whispered again. “… From offering myself for a… very long time.” He kissed her then, deeply, passionately, as he tilted his hips, and slowly slid his length into her, inch by slow inch, until his thick 7 inches were taken fully by her.

Sabine eyed him curiously as he got up off the bed and reached down for his pants. She saw him pull out two wooden sticks before heading towards the door where the guards were. Though her vision was skewed and she couldn't see anything she could still hear the dull thump of bodies hitting the ground. Huh, if he could overpower the guards that easily she would have to double the security around him. The man seemed to have a habit of thinking up some very unorthodox methods of getting out of sticky situations. Right now she was doubting that even their dungeons would have been able to hold him. He'd probably find some way to pick the locks of his chains and cell and overpower the guards before sneaking out.

She was ready to take him down if this was some sort of trick but to her surprise he walked back to her. "Oh, and what's that?" She asked curiously as she squirmed under him. A sharp breath sounded as she felt him slowly slide into her. It had been a long time since the last time she had stayed with a man and it hurt a little at first. Yet the pain quickly subsided and she could feel the pleasure building inside of her. Her back arched to take more of him inside of her as her body started to move in rhythm with his.

This was definitely a different experience then her first time. The captain had not been unnecessarily rough but it was terrifying when she was young and everything had been so cold and meticulous. Here there was actual heat and emotion between them as she wrapped her legs around him and pulled him in tighter. "That feels...so...so good." She moaned breathlessly as he slid in and out of her.

He had taken pause after his first movement into her, afraid that she would pull away or be hurt by his intrusion into her. He was larger than most men, but thankfully she quickly fell into the ecstasy that was sexual pleasure. Her legs wrapped around him, and slowly he slid out of her, inch by inch, until only his head remained in her. Then, just as slow and deliberate, he slid back in. It was a desperate bid of control on himself, to take it slow and easy, seeing this as her first proper time.

He almost lost complete control as he heard her whisper, a soft admittance that made him feel powerful, able to help her overcome her first time and give her pleasure instead of pain, heat instead of cold… emotion instead of loneliness. He remembered his first time, out of duty instead of passion, a need to lose his own gift to make him less of a target – unbroken, unwed princes made quite handsome trophies for kings that wanted to force a marriage between kingdoms. Even afterwards, when he went to the taverns and tavern wenches gladly raised skirts to have part of a prince’s physical gift, it had been more to set a sort of reputation to shoot others away rather than for his own pleasure. But this… it felt different, heated, bringing warmth inside that he wouldn’t dream of normally. He didn’t know if it was bringing the end of dark thoughts of sex with me - using it as a tool instead of personal wish – or whether it was actual care for this woman, who captured him, then thought punishment would be sex.

He couldn’t let her catch onto these emotions, though. At least out of this room.

His thrusts started to pick up pace, as his lips kissed along her neck, noting every sound and reaction. He hoped this wouldn’t be the last time, so he could map out her body much better, finding every spot that pleased her, and give her much more than she would have dreamed of.

“I’m… glad you… enjoy it…” He groaned against her ear, kissing her earlobe before gently nipping it.

She closed her eyes slightly and let him take control for just this moment. Her body reacted to him and she took a deep breath to calm herself down. Never would she have thought that this would be happening with someone like him of all people. They were supposed to be enemies, that was a fact. They should hate each other with every fiber of their being and be clawing at each others throats. Instead they were held in a lovers embrace with no anger passing between them but instead a mutual understanding. This was wrong and her head knew it but the rest of her body just didn't seem to want to understand. There were already so many risks with what was going on and if the king found out there would be hell to pay. What if she actually got pregnant by this? That would be the end of her career as a knight and maybe even the end of her life if the king decided such an act was treason. Ever logical part of her mind was telling her to push him off and leave the room right now but the desire to feel his warm skin against her's was overpowering.

Already she could feel herself tightening around him as the feeling in her stomach grew stronger and felt like it was going to split her in half. As he started to pick up his pace she could feel her toes curl and her breathing get even heavier as wave after wave of pleasure overtook her. God, this was so much different then it ever was before. This wasn't just a carnal act of punishment, it was something so very different. Sure she felt desire but it was more then just for sex. She just wanted him to be close to her and to feel his body against her. All these feelings were confusing her and making her want to tell her brain to just shut up for a second and let the moment go.

"Alexander...I'm going to cum." Already the feeling was building up and she knew she wouldn't be able to hold it it much longer. How this enemy had brought her to such a feeling was beyond her.

Waves of desire, lust, and need went through him with each thrust. Somehow, this was different, so much better than every time before. He could hardly control his own pleasure, and he was finding himself growing to his climax more rapidly than ever before.

Those sweet words sent a shiver down his spine, and he couldn’t help but kiss her, a deep, passionate kiss that made his own toes curl. “I’m going to too…” He whispered in a low, husky voice, as his thrusts continued, speeding up. He forced her to hit her orgasm first, and he felt her waves of pleasure, felt her milking him for his seed, but he didn’t give it to her. When he helped her ride out her orgasm, he slid out of her, hitting orgasm and releasing his seed just below her stomach. He was panting hard, looking into her eyes before he nipped her lip. “Didn’t think I would think of everything…?” He couldn’t help but smile. “Maybe… maybe later…” He blushed, looking to the side before he sat up.

Almost as if all business, he grabbed the edge of the blankets at the bottom and wiped the cum off her lower stomach before he lay down. He was much gentler around some people, and it seemed that she had worked her way into that small group. His arm slowly went around her hip, stroking the side of her leg absently. “I know this is forbidden…” He said softly, his eyes closing. “That you probably don’t mean it. Regret it, even. But I must admit… no.” He shook his head slowly. “I shouldn’t admit anything. I am a slave, still.”

The hot feeling spread through her completely as she felt herself climax and let out another moan. She said a silent thanks as she felt him pull out and the hot liquid pour on her stomach. Her breathing finally started to calm down as she felt him wipe away at her stomach before he laid down. This whole night had gone completely out of control and her mind was spinning as to what to do next. This man next to her was the enemy of her nation and was supposed to be her slave so why did she just want to lay down next to him. Her hands played with his hair as she looked down at him with confusion in her eyes.

Right now she wanted nothing more then to lay down next to him and curl up in his arms. The warm feeling was still spreading between the two of them and she didn't want to let it go away. Yet to do so would raise questions and might even incur the king's wrath if he found out. "Yes, you're still a slave and I'm still a knight." There was disappointment in her voice as she said this before kissing him gently on the forehead. This night had been amazing and she could wish that it would go on forever but that would never be the case. When the sun would break on the next day it would be best to pretend that none of this ever happened and for each to go back to how things had been before. This whole thing was too dangerous and too stupid to be risked again.

Getting off the bed she reached down to the floor and picked up her clothes before getting dressed quickly. She ran a quick hand through her hair and tried to straighten up her appearance so it didn't look like anything had happened. "I'll send a maid to bring you some food and more covers." Her tone was indifferent as she made her way to the door where the guards were still on the floor. There was still so much confusion in her mind and she needed to sort it out before tomorrow.

"Good night." She said without looking back as she closed the door behind her and left for her own room.

Oh, how the tables have turned. Had he had any sort of sanity of his situation at the moment, he would have snuck up behind her and stabbed her with the guard’s weapons. But sex had a way of removing sanity and knowledge of the situation in moments, and he laid there for a moment as she played with his hair before standing up and walking out. He had half a mind to remind her of armored sentries next time, but thought better of it. He wasn’t suicidal, he wasn’t going to give her such a edge that he wouldn’t get out of this hellhole.

He got up soon after she left, sneaking out of the unlocked door, searching the guard. He grabbed the keys straight off the ring, soundlessly, and went back into the room, hiding them under the mattress of the bed. He cleaned up himself the best he could with what he had, and laid down, waiting for the food. The servant came in, a little flustered and giggly when she saw him laying nude on the bed, but she did her duty, dropping the food off next to him and the covers at the foot of the bed.

She couldn’t have been older than 17, and definitely unused to seeing men nude, and for a moment he toyed with the idea of flirting with her, even trying to bed her. She could have been a very useful tool in getting out of the castle and escaping the lands. But the thought of Sabine popped in his head, and thinking of such a thing suddenly seemed shameful. “Thank you.” He said in a low voice, as he rolled onto his side and slowly ate. The lock of the door was audible as she left, still red tinged in the face.

The food was mostly filler. It seemed that it was either tasteless or he just couldn’t focus on such a minor thing at the moment. He didn’t finish all of his food, pushing it to the side and grabbing the new covers, covering himself up before falling asleep in the night.

The early morning sun filtered in through the curtains over her window as she slept in her bed. Gray eyes opened groggily as she pushed back the covers and looked around in her still sleepy state. "Oh fuck." She said audibly as the past nights events flooded her memory and she remembered just what had happened. How on earth could she have possibly been that stupid? Not only was the act itself completely idiotic but she had left him alone in a room with the guards still passed out in front of the door. If the king found out what had happened there would be no doubt that she would be punished severely for this. It was still early in the morning so she had no idea if he was still in the room or not.

Getting up out of bed she ran over to the dresser and threw on her morning clothes before looking in the mirror. She'd have to make sure she looked completely calm and in control if she didn't want to arouse any suspicion. The king and her men counted on her to keep a calm head and be two steps ahead of everyone and here she was, panicking over her own stupidity. A basin of water had already been left out for her by one of the maids and she quickly scrubbed her face before running a comb through her hair and making sure she looked like everything was in place. A knock on the door got her attention as she called out for them to enter.

"Sabine? The king wanted to know how everything went with your new slave." A tall thin man said as he entered her room. It was Markis, one of the king's oldest and best advisers. She froze for a second and wondered if he knew just what had happened but her mind quickly figured that he must mean in general. If the king had known what had happened he would have seen her himself and not sent Markis.

"It was an...interesting experience." She tried to say with a level voice. "He doesn't respond well to orders but the king can rest assured that I will do my very best." Yeah sure, because that obviously went so well last night. No, she would have to make sure to keep a level head on all of this and pretend that last night didn't even happen. It would be better if it was all just a dream and she thought of him as the slave prince once again. This whole situation was already delicate to begin with and she didn't want to do anything else to upset it.

"I was actually going to go check on him now." She said as she bowed to Markis before moving towards Alexander's room. New guards had replaced the old ones who probably thought they had just fallen asleep before the shift change. Nodding to the men she opened the door to his room and prepared for the worst.

It was almost the first time in many years that he didn’t get up when the sun came up through the window. Almost. He sat up and stretched, his muscles feeling slightly sore from having to move after their relaxing looseness. He rolled his shoulders for a moment before getting dressed in the grays he was given. He didn’t bother with the keys except his lockpicks, hiding them on the inside of his left leg.

He looked at the cut ropes from the night before, wondering how much trouble Sabine could get into if anything from last night got out. He felt almost protective of her for what she had shown him the night before, and he set to work, retying the rope, unraveling the interwoven strands, moving where it was cut to different areas to make it one single line. He grabbed the rope and tied his hands loosely in the front, in a not similar to one would do to someone behind them. He did it loosely to make it able for him to do it right, and then tightened it with his feet. Swinging his arms in a arc, he jumped over them, getting his hands behind his back. Then he sat and waited, looking over at the door.

It was at least an hour before the doors opened. “It’s about time.” He grumbled. “My arms are starting to get sore from these ropes.”

she was surprised to see sitting with his hands tied behind his back looking at the door. Last she remembered she had cut the ropes and he had full use of his arms. Walking over she peeked behind him and could clearly see where the ropes had been cut and where they had been retied. Sabine quirked her eyebrow at him wondering just what he was up to. Still, she could breath a sigh of relief that at least he was here and that he hadn't taken the chance to escape. It had been such a foolish night and she would have to be on her toes from now on to make sure it didn't happen again.

"Come on, it's time for breakfast." Sabine said as she adopted the tone she'd had with him when they first met. Gone was the familiarity they had shared last night and instead it was replaced by the same formal tone she used with everyone else. Helping him up she cut the ropes again and pushed them off into a corner. The maids would probably come soon and they would take care to clean up everything left over. She opened the door and led him out into the corridor where the guards gave her a quick salute.

"This is going to be an interesting day for you." She said over her shoulder as she started to lead him out into the garden. Usually the king and the knights would eat in the dinning room but she always preferred the garden herself. "News was sent to your father of your capture and he is sending dignitaries to come speak to the king. They'll probably be here late tonight or sometime tomorrow but it's good news for you at least." The sooner they got all of this political crap out of the way the sooner she could get back to what she knew and not have to deal with this constant confusion. Surprisingly this made her miss the thrill of battle all that much more. At least then she knew she was always in control of her actions and didn't have to question herself constantly.

He expected the casualness from her. She had to be if they were going to keep hidden what they did. But, he couldn’t help a half frown as she cut the ropes that he fixed and put onto him. Apparently she didn’t realize that he had spent a hour fixing them to help save her own hide. Either way, they were getting out of the room, and he was more than thankful for it.

She eventually led him into a garden, and the other guards leaving them alone. “Thank you for the food.” He said in a low voice, sitting down in an open area and not looking at her. “So, are we waiting for your servants to deliver the food, or did you bring me here for another reason? To torture me, perhaps?” He smirked slightly as he was looking to the ground, before looking up at her.

“If you do plan torture, it was a bad idea to remove the ropes that I spent so much time repairing so you didn’t get busted. I will defend myself.”

"The maids bring the food out when they see me sit down." Sabine explained as she sat across from him. "And no torture. Somehow your torture always ends up with me in hot water." She said pointedly as she gave him a clear gaze. It was supposed to be his punishment last night and it was supposed to teach him a lesson but it sure as hell didn't turn out like that. If any other torture was going to take place she was going to have to think her plans out a lot more thoroughly. At that rate she was probably going to have to go get pointers from the dungeon master as to how to deal with the prince.

"I have no intention of torturing you as long as you behave. That means no more releasing the horses from their stables or mouthing off." This whole slave thing had ended up with her way in over her head and she didn't like it one bit. Maybe it would be a good idea just to have him in his room and post guards at every single exit in the castle. Though she doubted even that would be able to stop him from getting out if he really wanted to. Sighing she rubbed the edges of her head as she felt a headache coming on. She had been set back last night and if she was ever going to solve this she was going to have to get the upper hand on him.

Just then two maids came in and laid their breakfast out before them. They were probably wondering why the so called slave was eating with her but there was no way she was going to let him out of her sight. Sure the king was probably expecting her to boss him around and tell him to do this or that but he probably wouldn't miss the chance to cause some trouble here or there.

“Then you realize that I have found ways to always be one step ahead of my opponents.” He said, a little dryly, as the maids came up with their breakfast. He took it without a word, setting it down in front of him. He picked at it and kept silent until the maids were out of earshot. “As long as you give me no reason to, I have no reason to cause trouble and retaliate. At least, to you. I don’t like this slave thing, and I’m sure I can get out on my own, whether or not the end result is something I like.” He turned away from her. If he got away, he knew that she would be severely punished. After the night before, he at least owed it to her to keep her out of trouble. Sadly, that severely limited his options.

For the first time in the last day, he seriously considered assassinating the king.

He leaned back after taking a bite of his food. “But while I’ll keep out of trouble – simply because you of all people asked me to – I can’t just stop mouthing off. They’ll think something is up.” He reached over, grabbing a bit of food and eating it thoughtfully.

“I always thought how it would be to be a warrior.” He mused, his eyes looking up at the sky for the first time in a day unhindered by stone ceilings. “To fight and give your life for your lord or king. I never was a great fighter. Oh, if someone unarmored came at me, it would be all but over. But an honorable, sword and shield duel? I could never do such a thing. I rather like my skin. “

"I already told you my thoughts on this slave thing. The further away I get from politics the better." Sabine always preferred to keep the spectrum of politics and battle completely different and would much rather stay in her own sphere then cross over to the other one. At least in a battle you fought with honor against one another. Two opponents on a level playing field each fighting for their kingdom and their loved ones. Politics, on the other hand, was dirty and deceitful. There was no honor in stabbing a rival in the back and spreading rumors about them in order to gain the upper hand. It got too messy and you never knew who you could trust.

"Thank you." She said softly as she went back to her own food. The thought that he was actually taking her request into account was oddly touching. How had so much changed in such a short amount of time? This time yesterday they had been at each others throats and here they were actually having a decent conversation over breakfast. Maybe if this had been a different time and a different place things could have actually been different. Two strangers meeting somewhere in the street instead of two enemies whose lives had been pushed together so suddenly.

"It's about proving yourself over others. To push yourself past your limits and pit your skills against someone you view as a rival and an equal." That was the real reason she fought anyway. Just the thrill of battle and knowing that you stood a chance of dieing at any moment was such a rush of adrenalin through your system.

Back
Top Bottom