Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the Movie

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
I've got a question about the 1992 movie with Luke Perry and Kristy Swanson.

Was there a reason that Paul Reuben's character went into obnoxious death throes for 10 minutes of the film or was it just suppose to be another not-funny joke? Because at first, I thought maybe the stake Buffy stabbed him with wasn't affecting him and he was mocking her about it. Then he just goes still on the ground finally. :huh:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCOzKufIIzs[/video]

I could be wrong as it's been eons since I've seen that flick, but perhaps it was just his attempt at making the scene a bit humorous? He was known for his PeeWee-esque humor and all prior to this movie, so maybe that was why. Again, I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility. No idea if that's even remotely right.

Though now I feel the need to re-watch it. Could be fun too. It'll bring back memories for sure. XD

Maybe I lack the right type of sense of humor, because I watched the film recently and I found the scene annoying and a bit awkward. Course, I've never been much of a Reuben fan anyways.

I hear you there. It's been a long while since I've seen it, so I don't recall the set up and all that. I'd have to re-watch. But, Reubens was always a little off as we all know. So I wouldn't put it past him to try and place his stamp on something.

PadanFain said:
I've got a question about the 1992 movie with Luke Perry and Kristy Swanson.

Was there a reason that Paul Reuben's character went into obnoxious death throes for 10 minutes of the film or was it just suppose to be another not-funny joke? Because at first, I thought maybe the stake Buffy stabbed him with wasn't affecting him and he was mocking her about it. Then he just goes still on the ground finally. :huh:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCOzKufIIzs[/video]

Definitely comedy that didn't appeal to you. The thing was written by Wheedon, but was given to another director, Fran Rubel Kuzui, who saw it as a straight comedy with horror stylings, instead of how Wheedon imagined it, which was horror with ongoing comic relief.

I appreciate the comedy, from "Kill him a lot!" to the overdone death scene, but I recognize it's hit or miss, and I do prefer Wheedon's eventually-realized vision.

What are you confused about, red? I didn't understand the point of the scene in the movie and asked if it was just me missing something or if it was a humor I wasn't getting. Had my question answered.

reduction said:
it's just.... the wooden stick is so thin..

You just have to pierce the heart...apparently. I'm not a big vampire buff, so I assume that's the main focus on the function of a "stake".

but... it's thiner than a pencil.. -looks down at the pencil and then at the guy next to me, before trying to stab him-

Back
Top Bottom