Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Up, Up, and Away! (Hat+Chokuro)

Hat-tori

Supernova
"...And that's the end of the freshmen tour." Hattori said with a smile, his green eyes looking over the crowd of newcomers to this section of floors. He pushed his platinum blonde hair from his face, a grin sliding over his face as the crowd dispersed. He worenot the standard suit uniform of white and blue... but a black and white three peice suit, its anguler tailoring complementing his slightly sharp features.

"You're disgusting." muttered his friend, a large man with wide shoulders. "You look like a wolverine." he added, placing his large hands on his hips, his black eyes shrouded by shaggy black hair. He had to tilt his head quite a bit to look down at his friend, he was so very tall.

"Call me what you like, Billy." Hattori replied, seating himself with a smile. "I'm just looking for a potential... friend. All these poor disoriented folk..."

"You're like a snake with an apple." Billy said, "Every year..."

"Shh." Hattori said with a wider gin. "I'm not sure if he's even a freshman, but... that one there." he said, pointing with a wicked grin. "I want him."

"Gimme a second..." Billy said with a growl, "I'll get 'im." he rose and began to walk over.

Mitchell was not a Freshman, but being a sophomore definitely made him happy. he was one year closer to graduating! Then again, he did not really wish to leave this place. It was far too nice. He just loved being here. Loved the friends he made. Loved ... everything about it! The teachers were great. The uniqueness of every single person here just made the male so, so very happy. He was a very pleasant boy and really did not start up any bits of trouble. He was a quiet boy. Nice personality, but just very quiet and to himself.

Smiling, the black-and-purple-haired teen happily chatted away with his friends, talking about their classes and everything else. He hugged his friends who had to leave, moving to the bench nearby and sitting. He crossed his arms over his torso, right leg draped over his left, and the boy definitely looked more feminine than normal. He really was a 'girlish' boy. He just was very gentle and feminine looking. Not that he was some guy that acted like a girl, but he definitely looked like one sometimes.

Billy made his way through the dispersing crowd with some ease. So this was the newest... meal. He sighed to himself. Hattori was a good guy. Usually. He just sometimes got this dark glimmer in his eye, a hunger in the way he spoke... And then there was his power. Hattori had a way of speaking. A... way he worded his phrases, that slipped under the concious mind. He shook his head.

"Excuse me." Billy said, tapping the smaller boy's shoulder. "My friend there would like to speak with you." he nodded to Hattori, who smiled charmingly and waved. "Nothing big, he just likes making friends among the underclassmen."

"Hm?" Mitchell lifted his eyes to the other, his ice blue eyes fluttering up to the other's as he did so. He stared, just slightly intimidated by the other. He wrapped his fingers around the top of his jeans, just slightly intimidated by the tall male in front of him. He leaned past him, seeing the male before moving back to look at the man there once more. "Um. Okay." He said simplistically.

Pulling his backpack off the ground, he swung it onto his shoulder before turning to make his way toward the male on the bench. He tugged the bag a little more on his shoulder and then moved in front of the man. "Hello." he said softly, giving a little bow to the man. "i'm Mitchell."

"Hello, Mitchell." Hattori said, extending his hand. "My name's Hattori. My friends call me Tori. Take a seat, there's no classes till tomorrow." he smiled. "I'm actually recruiting for an after-hours club here on campus. The more underclassmen we have, the longer it'll last, you see? Don't worry, I'm not roping you into anything... against the rules, or the like. You can trust me." he slipped his last two words some of his power, a simple thing for him to do. Yes, this was excellent.

"Tell me, is that hair natural?" he asked. "It is so very interesting..."

Mitchell stopped in front of the other, remaining silent while the other spoke to him. Tori? He remained silent for a moment, just not sure what the other wanted to do. His long lashes batted against his cheeks before he slowly sat down on the bench beside him. So, he was recruiting for a club. That was interesting. He was not too sure why he was being chosen from so far away, but it worked, he supposed. This man seemed to be pretty all right so far. he did not have a problem at all with him.

His hair? The male's pale blue eyes lifted to look at the few strands that were in front of him before he shook his head. "No. I had to add the black." He stated, tugging at the hair before he turned to look back at the other. "So ... What is the club for?"

"That's a great question." Hattori said. "It existed before I joined the school. I suppose the best way to put it is to... find new and interesting ways to use our powers." he nodded. "Yes, that about sums it up. But we do other things as well." he leaned back in the chair. interesting hair color. Maybe this one won't shave after all. he thought to himself, looking into his eyes. "Enlighten me. What makes you unique, aside from your adorable personality and intriguing hair?"

Mitchell listened and nodded. That sounded pretty interesting, to say the least. He smiled at the thought before he turned his attention to the male that was next to him once more. His right leg pulled up to his chest and his arms wrapped around his leg, chin onto his knee. What made him unique ... "Hm..." He thought for a moment before turning to look at the other. "I can play the harp?" He offered, just not too sure if that was what the other meant, but it was what he thought of. He really was not sure if the other wanted to know why he was here or not, but he figured he could ask straight out if he was curious.

Hattori chuckled. Yes, this was definitely a keeper. By the time the boy would realize the true purpose of the 'club', he'd be one of his many devotees, chained and whimpering for him deep below the school, a happy, faithful, perfect lover.

Hattori nearly shuddered, but restrained himself.

"My apologies, in attempting to be polite I may have obfuscated the question overmuch. What is your power?" he asked, as Billy sat beside them. "Billy here is capable of increasing the density of his dermis by several magnitudes. They call him the Man of Tungsten Carbine, because steel wasn't quite strong enough."

Mitchell looked up at the male suddenly next to him before he turned to look at the male that was speaking with him. He blushed softly, not having realized that that was what he had wanted to know. "Well ... I can go through things." he said, never really sure how to explain it in general. He looked up at Hattori, staring at him with a little bit more interest. "What's your power?"

"Hmmm... it's a bit hard to explain. Perhaps I should demonstrate?"
Billy got a frightened expression on his face. "Oh, please, you big baby. leap backwards out of your chair." he said to Billy, and the man did exactly as he commanded, flying back until he hit the floor. "Don't you worry, he's fine." Hattori said. The power suddenly intrigued him. "Really now. Must have got you into a lot of trouble with the ladies out there." he said, referring to the outside world.

"I'll admit I've used my powers in... unsavory ways, once or twice, myself. I've learned the error of it since."
Billy scoffed, and Hattori chuckled. "Well, most of the errors. I only really use the Voice in self defense these days."

Mitchell watched as the man suddenly went flying behind them. He blinked a few times and just got a little more concerned. That was definitely an interesting power. He stared for a moment or two before turning back to Hattori. He shrugged his shoulders a little bit at the thought of the 'ladies'. He just sighed softly and said a simple "I don't really like the ladies..." he commented with a soft pink tinting to his cheeks. He had already admitted to himself that he liked males, but it was still strange for him to admit it to anyone else besides himself. Even his parents did not know.

He looked back over at the other and he nodded a little bit. "That's good." he commented simply, chewing his bottom lip a little while he stared at the male.

"That so?" Hattori said. "I'm a dabbler of both, myself. Play for both teams, as it were. Billy here has quite a fine young lady, though she is so petite I wonder how the two even manage." Hattori smiled at the boy. "Do you like what you see, Mitchell?" he asked gently, Billy excusing himself. "It's an easy power to abuse. I mean, no one will even know you're looking, if you're careful."

Hattori was slim, but lean. Powerful muscles that lacked tone gave him a swimmer's body, one bare of any sort of body hair.

Mitchell blushed faintly and tugged at the top of his pants for a moment before he lifted his shoulders into a shrug. "You .. .are a very nice-looking man." he stated with a little laugh before and just continued to toy with the fabric of his pants. His eyes slowly lifted to look at the man once more, smiling softly. "So ... How long have you been going here?"

"Born and raised here in Avalon." he replied. "My father is the college professor of Physics, and my Mother runs the Morality Club." he sighed, leaning back in his chair. "And you, Mitchell? How long have you been attending this prestigious place of learning?" he asked, leaning closer. He smiled as the boy fidgeted a little. I wonder, does he have trouble with controlling that power of his?

Mitchell smiled softly as he listened. That was pretty neat. He liked that the other had always been here. He personally had not been. He only came here last year. He took in a deep breath and shook his head slightly. "No. This is my second year here. I came here last year ... I think my parents were happier than I was that someone was going to finally help me train my power." He laughed gently and then let his eyes flutter to his lap before once more lifting to the male that was next to him. "It's nice that your parents are here."

"I must say that a small part of me envies kids like you. Free from the shackles of parental guidance to do whatever you please so long as you follow Avalon rules. Can you beleive, in this day and age, my father nearly blew apart the front of our apartment when I brought home my first boyfriend?" he chuckled. "Ah.... my father has a ability to modify the acceleration of things that touch him." he added. "Mother calmed him, though, thankfully. Father has since grown less angry about it." he smiled and chortled at the memory. "He once told me, he said," imitating his father's gruff voice, "'At least yer aren''t gonna be havin' no kids on accident!'"

He sighed.
"So do you have issues with your power?" he asked. "You're lucky, yours is mostly harmless. When I was your age..." he looked away, his face darkening.

Mitchell let out a little laugh and shrugged his shoulders a little. "My parents do not know about ... um ... me.' He stated softly, eyes closing before they fluttered over to the other. He could not even imagine what the other would go through with his power, prior to getting it under control. He knew plenty of people who were angry enough, or just in their bouts of anger wished harm upon another one. hattori? He could actually have it happen, so ... He would be sure to keep that subject from happening. No need to get him upset or whatever else with revisiting the past.

He laughed lightly at the question and nodded. "Yea. Not as much. It ... was very bad the one time I slipped through the floor and into my big brother's room. He ... tried to kill me for that one.' he laughed again before turning to look at Tori, smiling softly. "but um ... it's a lot better now. I don't go through floors as much and I only wind up doing it through the bed when I'm sleeping."

He nodded, slightly interested.
"Go through the floor? I suppose you take what you're wearing with you?" he asked, curious. He had a great deal of curiousity when it came to the specifics of his friend's abilities. It turned out that Billy's density had no true upper limit, which lead to some interesting physics possibilities.

Hattori was almost certain now. This would be his playmate for this year. And what a year it would be! Such fun could be had, such interesting ways to use that power...

Mitchell blushed faintly as he stared at his lap and shook his head. "Um ... Now I can bring my clothes with me. But um ... A lot of the time, I just go ... bare." He shook his head a little bit and then turned to look at the male next to him, smiling lightly. "I like that I can control my power more now. Now, when I slip through my bed, my pajamas come with me more often than not." He laughed a bit more before he shrugged his shoulders slightly in thought. There really was nothing to be upset about with his powers. He disturbed his brothers a few times, and just got into awkward situations, but other than that, he had been all right. He had not gotten trapped in the ground or anything. HE was sure he would just freak out if that happened.

Putting the thoughts aside, he straightened his form and smiled over at the male. "I am going to go get something to eat." He stated, standing up and then rubbing at the back of his neck. "Do you ... want to come with me?"

"Most certainly." he said, rising. "An interesting fact about Avalon: Most of it is glass." he said, gesturing to the massive windows that made up the side of the building along with the pillars. "It's lit by the sun, not by anything we make." he went on, following the boy. "It's an absolute spectacle at night, a real beauty. I often come out here myself in the wee hours to think." he smiled as they moved into the eating area, seperate from the lobby. A large statue of Atlas, the founder and first real caped hero, stood proud in the center of the cafeteria.

Mitchell blinked a few times and let out a little groan. "I don't really ... feel better knowing most of it's glass." He admitted and chewed his lip while following him. "I don't really think the whole school wants to risk seeing me bare." He let out a light laugh before fiddling with the bottom of his shirt. He then turned to the other, smiling lightly. "So, Tori, what do you plan to do after you graduate?" he asked, head tilted to the side with interest to his features.

"The interior walls are mostly normal materials. Don't worry, privacy is a great concern for Avalon." he chuckled. "No one will see you unless you want them to." he said, stretching.
"My grad plans?" he said quietly. "I'm uncertain. I was thinking of teaching here, to be honest. I just don't want to leave."

Transporting everything I've earned would be a hassle, too.

"Oh?" he perked up a little bit more, looking at the male with definite interest to his features. "What would you teach?" He asked, his hands taking up one of the plates before he began to maneuver around to get the food that he wanted to have. He really was curious about this man. One thing helping his curiosity being the fact that the other male actually wanted to talk to him. he quite liked that. There were very, very few times that anyone really ever wanted to talk to him. The whole blinding pink hair since he could ever remember tended to be one thing that made people not want to be near him.

He thought for a moment, hanging near the boy instead of picking something to eat. "Applications, I think." The study of uses of powers. "Yeah. That would be most entertaining and wonderful." he sighed, leaning back in the chair. "Lack of imagination is the death of knowledge." he said, simply. "My father told me a great man said that once. And I believe in that a great deal. That's why I started my club. I don't want imagination to be snuffed out by petty things like societal inhibition and overzealous, draconian rules. It is my belief that so long as we don't hurt people, we should be free."

Back
Top Bottom