Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The photo sessions //Kratos x Finnahollic//

Kratos

Supernova
A small sigh left Vincent as he stretched his arms in the air a little going over some of the photo's that he had taken, so far the models that had applied had not taken his fancy. None of them seemed to actually enjoy it for what it was and instead were all simply self centered wanting to become a model just because they looked great. Even then potential wise, he was still looking for something that would actually be worthwhile, that he would not mind to take photographs with but also teach. He used to be a photographer for a much bigger modeling agency yet did not like how they did things which is exactly why Vince moved away from the mainstream production groups to something that had only really recently begun. Which was why he now had to go through and find some new models so that they would have something to offer. At least the setup was rather professional though, the lighting well managed which made taking decent images quite easy without much effort. His blue eyes looking over to the door before nodding to the person who was letting in the models one by one "Next.." so far it had been quite a long day, although Vincent was at least hoping that would change soon.

As he waited for the next model to enter, he took a test shot since the lighting had been changed slightly. After tweaking a few settings so that his camera matched the new lighting his left hand tapped against the table that he was sitting at taking a drink of water shortly afterwards, of which his hand then after seeing how his dark brown hair looked quickly tried to fix it up a little, although after not managing to fix it how he wanted he simply messed it up a bit. Originally when he had entered this business originally, they had offered for him to become a male model, yet that was not something that took his fancy. These days if he had the right stylist he would probably still manage such a thing, but he preferred looking through a lens, taking the shots, hearing the click of the shutter as it captured what he could see and the way he artistically angled his position or got the model to change her position for a better overall photo. Apparently he had a few fans of his work although he did not do it for popularity or anything like that but more the fact he enjoyed it. Getting to do such a thing as a job was just icing on the cake as their was simply nothing better then doing something he enjoyed as a fulltime job rather then something he detested or hated. Vincent had not noticed that the model had now entered and so upon realizing he got up from his seat to greet the next model of which he still had at least thirty to go through today apparently before he could relax a little for lunch and a coffee.

Carrie was looking through some want ads for a job one day, when she came across an ad for models in the newspaper, and had called immediately. A few days later, she'd gotten a call back informing her of when auditions would be. The next day, she went shopping to get some new outfits, wanting to make a good impression on whoever was in charge of the auditions. She knew she'd be up against a lot of other girls, so she needed something that would make her stand out.

Now here she was, sitting in the waiting room with a bunch of other girls who were there for the same reason she was. She stood when the photographer called for the next one to come forward. Taking a seat on the stool in front of the camera, she adjusted her skirt to cover her legs so her underwear wasn't visible. She was of average height, at 5'6, with shoulder length blond hair, and a pair of good sized breasts. Giving the photographer a smile, she waited for him to begin, trying not to fidget too much.

Vincent gave a small smile back upon seeing the new model in the room smile at him, she seemed a touch nervous which was expected since most of them always were a little and yet she seemed to sit rather gracefully. His eyes looked over to the clipboard of the model's names before looking back to her. "Carrie is it?" although some of the auditions order had been muddled up, recently they had been coming in the correct order and so he took a guess figuring if he was wrong at least she would correct him. "You may.. or may not know me, I am Vincent Marintine, lead photographer here. Just a question before we start.. have you ever modeled before?"

It was pretty standard for him to get to know the model a little before actually starting the session, usually because it tended to break the ice a little and end up making them a little less nervous. Which always helped higher quality images happen. Although in saying that, nervousness could sometimes work quite well as well, as a cute shy image with some form of innocence was always a nice change.. but unfortunately if the model was to shy then it was given they would probably have trouble in this industry and not be able to manage the pressure.

Carrie had started to look around the studio, but stopped when she heard the photographer address her. She nodded, absently playing with the fabric of her skirt. "Yes, my name is Carrie. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Marintine" She shook her head at the question, this being her first try at modeling. "This is my first audition."

((gah... why did I have to get writer's block now....))

His eyes watched her for a moment just watching her current behavior of which hearing her say this was her first audition, well it explained her natural nervousness that was occurring as she fiddled with her skirt a touch to obviously keep her mind off the fact of just how nervous she actually was. "Well since this is your first audition Carrie, I can help you a little if you want.. and believe it or not, but being your first audition.. that might actually work in your favor more so then some of the more experienced girls that come in here thinking they know everything." Vincents tone right now was simply friendly before a small smile crossed his face again. "Well to begin with, I want you just to sit comfortably.. and just give us a smile towards the camera, before we can talk a little more, and then I will run you through some basic poses.. sound good Carrie?"

It had been quite a while since Vince had actually got to deal with a new model, and already it felt refreshing rather then the ones that just came in and told him how to take the photos as they posed like some of the superstar models would usually.

((It's okay, it happens to the best of us))

Carrie nodded, feeling a little more relaxed the more Vincent talked. She could use all the help she could get, not having the experience that most of the girls in the lobby had. She hoped that he would overlook her lack of experience, knowing that the modeling world could be harsh. Listening as she was lead through the basic poses, she started to relax even more, till she was no longer fidgeting.

As he walked her through some of it, a few photos were taken here and there, although he knew that once she got more comfortable from what it seemed, naturally Carrie would be able to manage more high quality shots. Another thing he liked so far was she seemed to listen quite well, or at least was willing to since she could tell he was simply trying to help. "Okay, so now lets get you to run through those poses, and I will take a few photos, and remember, just relax.. no one is judging you here, I just want to see what you can do naturally so then with training.. what you will be capable of." for once today, he was at least not bored as he took a few photos and he could already notice her improving naturally as well as that still obvious lack of experience showing although it worked in a way to complement her. Which was lucky as sometimes lack of experience did the exact opposite and ruined the models chances.

Carrie smiled the entire time he was leading her through the poses, enjoying herself. It wasn't as bad as she'd originally feared, and the photographer had been a great help, easing her fears. When she was told to go through the poses, she nodded, trying her best to repeat each pose as gracefully as she could, while hoping her inexperience wasn't too evident.

It was evident that she started to enjoy herself, the smiles genuine and unforced, something that was nice to see on a models face. Also something that was quite rare except on new comers of which that was where inexperience and lack of stress really came in as something that would help rather then cripple. The photo's seemed to be coming along great, and the poses were pretty decent. They were not perfect, but in saying that they looked somewhat unique and not all the same like the others, one thing was certain was he was sure that Carrie would be given his top recommendation. So far he had only said yes to a few but only because the company told him off a little for saying no to so many. "Good,.. okay I think we can take a break for now, and I will get you to fill out a small contract since you have something that the others do not have."

"Good. I think my mouth is starting to get sore from all that smiling" Carrie chuckled, sliding off the stool, walking over to where she left her purse and took out a bottle of water. "So I guess I made it through the audition?" She took a couple long gulps before capping the bottle, looking at Vincent, smiling again, excited at getting a contract so quickly.

He lightly laughed at her small joke, although it did not really surprise him since most models they would smile for maybe a few shots before they decided they would pout or something like that, where as for pretty much every shot taken of Carrie, they had a rather genuine smile which considering it was about a twenty or so minute shoot would still leave the mouth aching a little. He nodded to her question before Vincent clicked a pen and then pulled out a sheet that would need to be filled with details and signed, which was the base level contract, the main one to be decided with the head of this agency. "So I will get you to fill this out to the side while I call in the next model, please make sure to fill it out all correctly." he paused then offering the chair to her so she could sit down and fill it out and relax whilst he took the next audition. "Okay next.."

Carrie sat down in the chair and started to fill out the form. It took her about an hour to do, as she kept looking up to watch the other girls who were there for the audition. She noticed that a lot of the girls that came in after her kept shooting her dirty looks, but she paid it no mind. Once she finally had the form completed, she set it in her lap and watched the rest of the girls who were auditioning, not wanting to disturb Vincent while he was working.

Vincent always enjoyed watching the models get aggravated a little when they saw someone else had managed to get to the next stage and then instead they were told, 'no sorry your not what I am looking for', or 'try again next year'. They always shot dirty looks or would say things like.. how did they get in and I did not, I am prettier and have more talent. Then again it was the full of themselves ones that mainly he turned away instantly anyhow since one thing they had to realize, was that they did not know everything... even if they thought that they actually did. The auditions passed of which he occasionally glimpsed over to see how Carrie was going, she seemed to be getting through it fine and so he continued to work. After all he wanted to get through as many as he could today before saying that the rest would have to come back tomorrow or later in the afternoon but their would be a different photographer. Of which he knew they would come back later today since he was to fussy, where the other photographer was more lenient and went solidly off looks, and sex appeal mainly.

As the last girl left, Carrie got up and went over, handing him the form she'd filled out. She'd noticed that a lot of the girls seemed very fake, and that Vincent wasn't looking for those types. She was curious as to when she'd meet the head of the agency, but figured she'd probably get a call when the time came.

Finally at least this session was over with almost no results which was disappointing, although earlier in, there was a few he allowed to do what Carrie had done and fill out a base level contract although he himself would have not chosen them at all. Quickly he checked over what had been filled out now before smiling and then putting it on the table with the few others that had been filled out. "I have a small question for you.. since right now at lunch time I would usually go to meet the head of the agency, would you like to come along to this one.. I think out of the others, you would be the best one for me to introduce as one of the ones I have personally chosen.." his voice was again kind as he then turned to the person at the door "can you tell whoever else is out their to return later today or tomorrow as this session for auditions is finished.."

Carrie didn't really have anything else to do that day, so it seemed like a good opportunity to meet the agency's head, wondering what the person was like. "I'd like that. What kind of person is he? Would I need to bring that form with me?" She motioned to the table where her form was laying. Noticing that he'd started talking to the guy at the door, she picked up the form, and waited for him to head to his boss' office.

He had heard her question but had already started organizing for the rest of the models to leave before he then turned around to answer her. "It depends.. he is a bit of a serious man, so he might ask a few questions especially about experience.. although when it comes to that, I can arrange some sort of training I think.. since with that I see more potential in you then all those other fakers.." he smiled lightly before then starting to walk over to the door, "Lets go then Carrie," he took of his camera before passing it to the person at the door "can you put that in the storage for me, I will go to lunch now." after that he then waited for Carrie to walk out with him before as they walked he gave a brief tour, pointing out key spots as they walked past them. "You will get a full tour later.. as well just so you know, and it is no fuss if you forget, as to begin with we are all here to help."

Carrie nodded, listening as he spoke. She was starting to get nervous again, a little worried that the man she was about to meet wouldn't want her as a model. Giving Vincent a weak smile, she started following him, looking around as she was given an impromptu tour. She knew she'd have a little trouble finding her way around the place on her own, but would eventually figure it all out if given enough time. Once they reached their destination, she paused, very nervous now. She knew she'd done good in the audition, but was she really model material? She bit her lip nervously as she waited to shown into the office, again fidgeting with her skirt, something that had always been a nervous habit of hers.

It was quite obvious that she was still rather nervous as she continued to fidget with her skirt, something that Vincent had noticed quite early on was something that she did when she was nervous. After all everyone had at least one small thing they did every time they were nervous. They stopped outside the head of the agency's office now before Vincent knocked. Even he knew better then to simply just barge in, sometimes there was either important clients, important models and also it was simply rude if he was just to walk in without warning. Which being rude was not something Vince ever did since he was to most a calm and collected person with a somewhat nice side to him. Although he was also the type to get things done if they needed to be, another reason why some models did not like him since they would argue with him and he would pretty much warn them or fire them.. if they were going to believe they knew everything and that they ran the place.. rather then him or the head boss.."Hey it is Vincent, I have one of the models that I picked with me that I would like you to meet.. can we enter" 'Okay then.. come on in' Vince then opened the door before beckoning her to walk in first.

Carrie took a couple deep breaths while waiting to be let inside the office. This meeting would decide whether her dream of being a model came true, or if she was sent home because she wasn't pretty enough, or had the wrong body type. Hearing the man on the other side of the door, she forced herself to stop fidgeting, stepping through the door when Vincent held it open for her. Her nervousness increased when she saw the stern looking man sitting behind the desk in the center of the room. Part of her wanted to walk back the way she came, but she managed to keep from running, not wanting to lose this opportunity. She'd wanted to be a model for much of her life, and now she was very close to achieving her childhood dream. It all just came down to this man's decision. She would accept whatever he decided, though she was hoping she would be signing a contract before she walked out of that office.

Regardless of what the main boss actually though of Carrie, if he needed to Vincent knew he would be able to convince him that she was worthwhile and unique unlike most of the fake talent that was on offer these days. Sure probably later down the track maybe she might end up turning like one of those but for now she was a fresh model, who would listen as long as she got to be a model. Also she seemed like she would enjoy it and Vince was certain that a stylist could make her look better then some of the best models out, as long as she managed to have the confidence to pull off the look required which would come with experience something she would get given. Vincent then walked in and closed the door but did not take a seat. Rather he leaned against the door just staying out of the main conversation since it was not his to be in.

"So you are who Vincent wanted to show me? Usually he does not want to show me any of you models.. so he obviously see's something in you.. in saying that though you look inexperienced although that is not a problem.. if you are willing to learn or get experience. Which since you managed to get through Vincent's test I am sure you are capable off.." he paused before pulling out a portfolio and flicking through pages before grabbing from out of a sleeve a full contract which was at least 20 pages thick. "With this.. you can either read all the way through or just read the first page and then sign off the last pages.. its entirely up to you, I am only required to get you to read the first page and then sign off the last page in appropriate sections of which then you are allowed to be a model for this company, and are accepting our help that we have to offer to make sure you succeed."

Carrie nodded, glancing back at Vincent, who was leaning against the door. "Yes sir. I was the only one he had picked, from what I'd observed while filling out this form." She took a step forward, setting it on the desk before returning to her original position. She watched as he flipped through some papers before pulling out a 20 page stack. It looked like it would take a while to read, but she was ready to just go ahead and sign it. "You won't regret signing me on, sir." Giving him a weak smile, she took the contract, sitting down in a chair to read the first couple pages before flipping to the back and signing her name in the appropriate spaces, her excitement at fulfilling her dream overriding the nervousness she'd felt just before entering. She couldn't wait to get home and tell her mother that she'd made it through the audition and was given a contract on the spot. Scribbling her name in the last space, she put the contract back on the desk, looking at the boss. "

Vincent nodded to what she stated which the boss sort of gave him a look of, 'not again..' since he disliked Vincent being so fussy, but in saying that when Vince did actually pick people they were usually always actually great. Better then great even and so that was why the boss actually let him still work his way rather then, if you see a great looking model, and she has the whole sex sells image going on.. don't bother looking into details, just sign her up.

He watched her read a few pages, before deciding to simply just go ahead and sign it, most people did the exact same with only a few actually reading the whole contract. After all a lot of it their was pretty much no need to read it, it was simply just there for specific scenarios although on the 13th page, their was something she should have read but since she did not, well he did give her the option and that was all he had to do. Seeing that it was all done he looked at the contract before giving a smile. "Welcome aboard then.. I am sure Vincent showed you around a little.. now can you go take her through the other sections.. and then get her a coffee or something,.. just say I demand one and they will give you one for free.." with that he then watched the two of them leave. I do hope Vincent helps train her up correctly.. since right now it could have been a mistake to trust his judgement otherwise..

"well then lets get going, I will show you around the rest of here.. and then its up to you really what you want to do, you will not have to come in until a few days time to start your training although when ever I am free.. you can always get me to help you as well, regardless.. since i would like to help you.. now would you like to go get something to snack on or a coffee or something?

Carrie hadn't seen any reason to read the whole thing, thinking it was just a simple modeling job. Though if she had read the entire contract, she probably would have walked away without signing anything. Ignorance can really be bliss sometimes. Nodding again to the boss, she followed Vincent out of the office, shutting the door behind her. "He didn't seem at all like how you described him, Vincent." She was a bit hungry, since she'd only have a bit of toast before leaving her house that morning, so the offer of a snack sounded great to her. "Something to eat would be great. I appreciate you giving me this opportunity. It's been a dream of mine to be a model, since I was like 5." She'd get something to eat with Vincent, then head home after getting a tour of the building.

Vincent could not help but lightly laugh at what Carrie stated about the boss before he spoke in response "It seemed although I said no to many today.. he was still reasonably in a good mood, one thing you do not want to see is him in a bad mood. Also he likes signing in new contracts that I bring in since he trusts by judgement since I am so strict but get good results" hearing her accept his offer he lightly smiled as a response as they walked and he continued to give the rest of the tour although he knew she would have to probably be re-shown half of the agency, only because it even being a small one had a lot inside and so a lot of places to remember. Seeing as she had accepted the offer to go for a snack Vincent then lead the way to one of the side exits, right next door was a small cafe that worked in conjunction with the agency, giving the model the food they would like, but also the photographers and visitors. It was quite a smart little idea and the cooks were quite qualified if you wanted a fancy dish of some form. "Well, just pick something you would like to have.. I am only after a coffee myself, and since your with me, they will allow you to have it free of charge."

Back
Top Bottom