Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drakengarde's Discontents (Among Others)

Drakengarde

Super-Earth
I came here looking for a good place to roleplay. Specifically, to ask for One one One roleplays, predominantly to be held over messenger programs such as AIM, and possibly with the intention for them to possibly be adult-oriented.

My primary reason for having come here in the first place is because I had came across a site that I thought would have been rather intriguing to do just that. That site's name was Elliquiy.

However, Elliquiy required that before I could even do such a thing, I must pass some arduous rigmarole pastiche of an approval process. Not a problem, I thought, I could handle some insane questions and maybe a roleplay writing sample or two.

Long story short, I'm on the fora for a week, and get declined approval, being told I can re-apply in six months. The hell? What did I do wrong? The administration tells me that I was declined either because I was possibly deemed not mature enough to enter the mature areas of the forum, or possibly that I was deemed to not be active enough or that I did not demonstrate the proper qualities that showed them that I would be a valuable member of the community. I was then subsequently told "please improve on one or more of these aspects."

...Alright, so...what EXACTLY do I need to work on? The administration flat out refuses to tell me, which infuriates me to no end because how the HELL can I improve on something when I'm NOT TOLD what needs to be improved on?!

So, instead of waiting the six months, I basically said "FTS" and asked the administration to delete my account, and I came here instead.

...only to realize, after having signed up here and posted my introductory post, that this very site is hosted by Elliquiy. *facepalm*

So, I'm feeling both a little embarrassed and somewhat apprehensive, but seeing as how I was not subject to Elliquiy's crazy-ass questionnaire and lack of forum stating approval must be required to post in the adult areas, I'm led to believe I will not encounter any such problems here.

In retrospect, however, I still find this entire situation particularly amusing.

RE: ...Well now, ain't this...interesting.

Drakengarde said:
In retrospect, however, I still find this entire situation particularly amusing.

Dude, you have no fricking idea. :D Welcome to Blue Moon!

This site is hosted by Elliquiy to fill a very different niche. There's a selection of people that like the way E is run. Many don't. That's why we're here. I myself was declined on E and never bothered to go back.

Seraph Nicholas said:
This site is hosted by Elliquiy to fill a very different niche. There's a selection of people that like the way E is run. Many don't. That's why we're here. I myself was declined on E and never bothered to go back.

Well now! In that case, I don't feel quite so bad then. ^_^ I was wondering if this site was some sort of branch off from Elliquiy...like, say, those declined from Elliquiy decided to band together to form their OWN community.

I didn't want to say anything 'cuz I didn't want to appear with a foot in my mouth or anything, though...

We do get a fair amount of Elliquiy rejects - Both those flatly rejected by the vetting process, and those that just don't wash in their community.

RE: Drakengarde's Diatribes (Among Others)

I have another particular musing I'd like to comment on. I already mentioned this in another post but...

Why is it...WHY is it...that when you really Really REALLY want a roleplay of a particular nature, damn near EVERYBODY that contacts you asks for a roleplay that you really Really REALLY aren't interested in right then and there?

I have nothing against Med. Fantasy. I have nothing against Hogwarts.

But I am just have this ravenously horny desire for something else, it seems all I ever get is requests for the aforementioned! >_< Gah!

RE: Drakengarde's Diatribes (Among Others)

Again, another complaint I've found that I just can't help but speak my mind on.

Pokemon Roleplays. I have nothing against them, and in fact, I love roleplaying in the fandom. But, seriously, what the FUCK is with all the bestiality roleplays? Seriously, like almost every RP I've seen of the fandom is from females who want a male human sticking his rod in a female, usually feral, sometimes tamed, but otherwise completely non-anthro animal.

...How the hell can anybody find that sexy?

Please, before anybody answers, don't. I don't want to know. Hell, I wouldn't really complain but I've really only seen maybe ONE person who would accept me playing a male to her female trainer, and...(sigh).

This kind of reminds me of my frustration at never finding a dominant female for my Master/Slave RPs, but that's a completely different can of worms in and of itself. >_>

What is it with people telling me to revise my character after I tell them about it, going so far as to provide them with pictures if my descriptions aren't enough for them?

I quite clearly state in my post I play non-human characters. Yes, my characters have a humanoid BODY, but Non-human means <b>non-human</b>. That means non-human body, non-human head, non-human face.

This means I do scales. I do fur. I do horns, muzzles, forked tongue, sharp teeth. I do facial structures that would not be seen on any human character.

How hard is this to understand?

Yes, I quite perfectly understand that this will not appeal to everybody.
Yes, I quite perfectly understand that's not everybody's cup of tea.
No, I will NOT change my characters to suit your personal preference.

Either suck it up and deal with it or move on. Your choice.

Going off a bit further in my earlier post...

I don't mind human characters. I really don't. I just don't like PLAYING as them, nine times out of ten.

My main peeve is that I don't ask people to change their characters around for something I don't like. I don't nitpick--or at least, I try not to. If something disturbs me, I will at least point it out, but I will not force--I will not even ASK anybody to change their character that they've spent time thinking up.

I would just like people to do that same for me and my characters.

Nobody ever roleplays on IMs anymore, I see.

I mean, I can understand why people don't really use instant messenger programs. Hell, I despise YIM and MSN myself. The only programs I ever use are Skype and AIM...

But, its like, fuck. Nobody ever uses them, it seems.

Makes me question why I even bother.

Back
Top Bottom