Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Filling the Void (butterfly0408/Strategist)

John looked back at her, seeing her blank expression. He guessed what she was thinking. "No." he said as an answer to her thoughts. He stepped out of the room and closed the door seeing as she didn't really want to come in. A ladder could be seen smack in the middle of the hallway, in front of the pulley elevator. "This....leads to the attic. I wouldn't go up there if I were you." he said darkly. "Now what do you want to do?" he asked, smiling brightly.

"I..." she started then thought about it and shrugged her shoulders, "I honestly don't know. I mean, I don't exactly understand what you want from me as a slave or member of your house or... well whatever I am to you. If you could tell me more about what you want from me, perhaps I could help suggest something better." She finished with another shrug.

"It's fine." he shrugged as well, walking over to the pulley elevator. "We'll take this to the first floor." he said, and once Ivy stepped in, he pulled down on a rope, and the platform moved down, passing the second floor, then finally arriving at the first floor agian. "Laides first." he smiled as he waited for Ivy to step out. John decided to get to know her a bit more, to make a bond with her before he planned to have sex, so everything would be a lot easier when the moment came. He sat down on a chair and sighed out of boredom.

She had not been in one of these odd lift things before and felt the urge a moment to cling to him, but held it back. She kept her manners about her and thanked him as he allowed her to exit first. She sat across from him and sighed as well.... "So, here we are..." she said as she glanced around only to sigh again when nothing was said between them. "What... do you like to... do?"

"I dunno." John shrugged. He looked around the living room as though he expected an idea to be hiding somewhere. "I don't usually do that much ever since they died. Life for me is always quiet and boring." he said as he yawned. He peeked out the window to see all the other houses's lights turned off; the town had gone to sleep. "It's awfully late, maybe we should sleep for tonight." he suggested.

She glanced out the window again and then back to him. It felt, odd really to be going to sleep in this strangers house, knowing nothing about him and him knowing nothing about her. Also that she was not really that tired, but for him, she forced a yawn to the surface, "If you like. We can talk more in the morning I suppose..."

John could tell she had tried to force her yawn. "That is, if you're not tired, you can come up to my observatory and watch stars." he offered. "I have a large telescope I use to watch the night sky when I can't go to sleep." He stood up and held out his hand toward Ivy. "What do you say?"

She had to admit that it was a bit of a temptation to see. "I've never used a telescope before. Only read about them in books." The interested on her face was now clear to be seen though knowing she'd have to walk through his bedroom to get to it left her ever so slightly apprehensive to cross the room. Buuuuut, "You truly have one?"

John raised his eyebrow. "You do not believe me? I guess that means you don't want to see stars." he said, sitting back down. "Such a shame, today was a fine day to see the moon." he said, teasing her with the idea of seeing the moon. "Well, you said so, you don't want to. That's fine, you can go right to bed if you're tired." John had stood up again and walked over to the pulley elevator. "Come up when you need something." he said before pulling on the ropes to his bedroom.

She had never said anything about NOT wanting to see the stars with his telescope. He went and twisted her words and not use to being teased since her family never really did such things... she took him seriously. Seeing that she had lost the opening to get to see the stars tonight, she avoided the pully elevator completely and walked the stairs up to her own room. Finding a night dress in the closet, she changed and snuffed out the light. Laying in bed though, she found herself unable to sleep as she just stared up at the ceiling, wishing she could see the stars through it.

John stared off into the clear night sky, looking through his telescope. He sighed in wonder. He smiled, knowing that Ivy would soon come up out of curiousity. He decided to wait ten minutes, and if sh didn't come after that, he figured he would just go to bed as well. The full moon shone down through his large window, the soft blue glow lighting his dark room which was only lit by a few candles. John sat down on his chair and slowly counted the seconds to minutes. "She'll come. She'll come." he said to himself.

She looked up at the ceiling for awhile longer before rolling out of her bed and going to the window, gazing out it to the sky up above. The view was not as grand as she assumed it was from where he now stood, but she was not about to go up there with him. Not tonight. She still had so many question. Heck, she had asked them already and still had no answers. Whenever she asked one half the time he just seemed to avoid it and change the subject. Until she had some more solid knowledge about what exactly he wanted from her in his house and expected from her, she was keeping her guard high. And going to him now would most certainly be letting it down. Dare she say, it could even hurt her. Feeling better about her choice, she felt she could sleep at last and when her head hit the pillow once more, that is exactly what happened.

He was surprised that she didn't come up. He assumed that he didn't feel comfortable yet. He went over to his bed and lay down, closing his eyes. He fell asleep right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John woke up when the birds sang thier morning song. The light shone down through the window and he felt the warmth of the hot sun. He say down and stretched his back, before getting out of his bed and out to the hallway to take the stairs to Ivy's room to check how she had spent her first night. He peeked his head in through the door after knocking to see Ivy still sound asleep.

Indeed she was. Laying upon her side, her pretty, delicate face towards the door as she lay among the the plush pillows of her bed. The sunlight cascaded in through the window and upon her from behind, to make her hair glow like a halo behind her. She did not seem at all disturbed by his presence in her room. It was a rest she needed after many sleepless nights unsure of her future at the hands of fate.

He closed the door, not wanting to disturb her sleep. He decided to make breakfast for her. John took out some meat, vegetables, and two slices of bread. He sliced the meat into thin pieces and chopped up tomatoes and lettuce and put it all between the bread. He decided to leave it in her room, so she could eat in peace, knowing that his presence still made her a bit uncomfortable. He laid it down on a small table. He went back downstairs and took a bite of his own sandwich, nodding in approval. It tasted good. He would give Ivy some time before he approached her again.

The smell of the food sitting in her room was enough to rouse her into waking. Her eyes fluttered open and stopped the sandwich. Even with the meal last night, she still enjoyed this idea of being able to eat real food once again. Knowing that it had to have been John that made it and left it for her to find. Not doubting that it was hers to eat she indulged herself in her breakfast in bed before she rose up and went to find something to wear today. She was going to need to talk with him about the clothing since many of them laced up the back and would be impossible for her to don herself. For now though, she just put on another of the simple dresses. Once she tied her hair back again, she took up the plate and went down the stairs to find him.

John was sitting on the couch, long finishing his breakfast before. He had a book in one hand, and his eyes moved back and forth as he read the text imprinted on the pages. It was a book about a young man who had fallen in love with a woman, a typical love story. There was some sex scenes in the book, and he took mental knowledge to make sure to do the things the characters did to please Ivy in the future. He laughed at some funny parts, and frowned at parts where it turned sad, and he was so immersed in reading that he didn't hear Ivy coming down the stairs. He finished up the chapter and laid it down, folding the page he last read to make sure he didn't lose his place.[/code]

She had first found her way to the kitchen and found a bucket of water to wash her plate in before she dried her hands with a cloth and went in search of him. Finding him, she stood watching him a moment from the doorway. A part of her did not want to disturb him since he looked to be so engrossed in his book. Ans so she watched him a few moments as he read. It wasn't until he put the book down she spoke and let her presence be know, "It looks like it must be a good book..."

Back
Top Bottom