Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Polar Friggin' Opposites

Kayito-san

Super-Earth
Allan slammed his fist on the table. "Don't give me that shit! We had a deal," he exclaimed, "You get rid of that pussy drummer, and then I'll play for you." Jean sighed, "Come on man, I know what he did was mean, but we need both of you for this band to work. He's a magnificent drummer, an I don't have to tell you that your hooks are what makes our shit catch. I've already signed for this tour! We can't possibly back down now." Allan shook his head, his long dark hair curled just below his shoulders. "No, Jean. I have too much else on my plate right now to deal with Jarred. He totalled my car on one of his drunken fucking rampages. I can't afford to go on this tour, I had to use the insurance money to pay for school. You're a good guy, Jean, you'll find a new guitarist." He stood and reached out his hand. Reluctantly, Jean shook it. Silently, they parted ways.

The door to Allan's apartment swung open with a loud whine. Allan sighed and grabbed his bag from the bench by the door. He ventured outside, steel-toed boots crunching loudly on the gravel outside. Black boots, narrow black jeans, illegible band t-shirt, leather jacket and aviators. A grim and silent individual, campus security had a real distaste for him. The bus stopped and he climbed on. Anybody who had conversed with him would have known that he wasn't all bad. It was his looks that seemed to suggest otherwise. He rode the transit every day to the University, but the minute he stepped on to that boring, vanilla campus he was greeted only with distasteful glances and rude comments. He was used to it, of course.

Allan 'Swamp' Ylette stepped of his first Monday class. None of the students in his classes ever seemed to know his name, or cared to, but it was only the third week in, and there were still many transfers taking place. He was already sick of the people leering at him and it had only been an hour long class...

Victoria 'Vicki' Abernathy had noticed Allan for a while now, just simple stolen glances now and then. She even knew his name, even if he didn't know hers. Which he probably did, despite any level of reclusion he chose, or however socially unattached the male might be. And she had her first class with him today. Clad in a short denim skirt and tank top that cut off just above her navel, the queen bee student strutted down the hall. Long, raven black hair spilled past her shoulders. Cherry red lips coated with a light layer of lip gloss. Tan, toned, and totally gorgeous, she slid past the classroom door, immediately drawing the male attention of the entire class. Well, everyone except Allan, of course. Sighing quietly to herself, the girl was determined to get his attention. Moving down the aisle, she slid into the seat next to him, putting on a friendly smile, leaning in his direction with an interested grin.

"Hey Allan." She greeted with a soft, sweet-as-honey voice, clear blue eyes looking him over. He was the complete opposite of her, which made him all the more intriguing. But up to this point he'd never tried to talk to her, despite her thousands of attempts at conversation that all ended with big, fat failures. Hopefully today would be different. He's got to talk to me sometime... Thankfully there were still a few minutes before class started, which gave her some time.

Allan unfolded his arms and rested his forehead on his palm. He turned his head slightly and glanced at her. Clearly they had their differences. They were evidently of different qualities. She was hot– exceptionally so, but he tried to put these thoughts out of consideration. What did this girl possibly want? Allan was just under 5'11", a little thin and fairly grim. Maybe it was some sort of elaborate joke. She knew his name, and although he wasn't particularly social, it was easy enough for word to get around. "Uh... Hi?" What was he supposed to do here. Her intentions were unclear and he was not the type to make unwarranted assumptions.

"How's it going?" Vicki grinned as he actually acknowledged her words and presence. She folded her hands on her lap, leaning closer to him again. Her bright blue eyes lit up with eager excitement for what he might say next, even if it was just another couple of words. Something about Allan fascinated her terribly, thus her constant attempts at social interaction with him. Someone had to bring him out of his shell, and who better than her, the most social student ever? She had taken on the personal responsibility and duty of getting him involved with other people. No matter how long it would take or how hard it would be.

Allan paused. Why was she being friendly? This was a question that needed an answer. "Not bad, I guess. It's… Victoria, right?" He wasn't entirely sure if he'd gotten it right. She was the kind of person whom others spoke of frequently, and most things he had overheard were quite obviously spoken out of jealousy. He knew her name, of course, but he was not sure how much he'd heard was factual. She didn't seem unkind or especially brazen, but she did dress fairly suggestively. Allan's eyes flicked towards the front of the class. She was exceptionally good on the eyes, and it was a bit of a struggle to keep his sense of decorum.

"Vicki is fine." The female said, smile widening as he actually kept talking to her. Things were going good, or so it seemed. "And you're Allan." She remarked softly, looking the male over a bit more. "Nice to officially meet you." She teased, shaking her head at him. Noticing his attention move towards the front of the class, she noticed the teacher walking in and sitting at their desk. Damn. Turning in her seat to face the front, she took out her notebook but just doodled for the duration of the period.

There it was again. He wondered how she'd learned of his name, but he supposed it couldn't have been too difficult. "R… right. It's nice to meet you as well." he said to her quietly. Class was about to begin. It was an easy enough course. She began doodling in her notebook. Allan smirked slightly. Maybe they had more in common than he had anticipated; her drawings weren't bad at all. She definitely had her own style. Still, he figured it might be a bad idea to pull out his own sketchpad for the time being.

Class ended quickly, or so it seemed. He had been following along, vaguely, but had spend about as much time daydreaming, or making quick glances towards her sketchpad… or her. Allan pushed his seat back, and grabbed his bag. Although his next class wasn't until after lunch, he wanted to be out of there fairly quickly. Dealing with her might be difficult if he couldn't maintain his facade of disinterest. If it were only so easy.

Back
Top Bottom