Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I Can't Believe Your A Demon! *Mr. Neo/ Sweet Angel Jocelyn*

Jolene Marie LeBeau had only been in New York City three weeks when she got her job, and her very own puppy. She already had an apartment, rented with part of her savings, and a car, but it was so much more freeing to have a place to work and someone to go out with.

Hades was the name that she'd given to the Malamute puppy she'd gotten from the shelter. He was a white and tan ball of fuzz that she had fallen in love with the first second she'd seen him. Her life had been greatly improved the second she'd seen taken him home.

As a waitress, Jolene could have been better. But her cute Cajun accent had endeared her to a great many customers. That, and her waist length ruby red hair, large emerald green eyes, and small stature. She was a beauty, that seemed more delicate than she really was. Standing at only five feet three inches tall, with a gorgeous hourglass figure. That didn't stop her from being a slender woman, in fact she doubted she could gain more than a few pounds if she even tried.

Walking into a local bar after work, the girl looked around, already reaching into her purse for her ID, since everyone seemed to think she looked younger than her twenty-one years.

His eyes darted back and forth across the room, examining every human in front of him. His hands nimbly twirled a bottle of vodka around the bar. He skillfully filled four shot glasses and flung them to his customers, keeping the liquid in the glass regardless of how violently he shook them. He flipped the strands of hair out of his eyes and smiled warmly at his patrons. "Enjoy, my darlings," he said with a quick bow as he began polishing his glasses. He shook his hair out of his face and began softly whistling, his melody silky and smooth. Everything about him seemed inhuman, and anyone who thought so would be surprised at how accurate an assumption that was.

James looked into the mirror behind him, smiling evily at himself. He leaned against the bar and reminisced about the recent past. A demon from Hell was he, and banished he was. He chuckled lightly to himself, thinking about his former life. He was a general in Hell's army before he questioned Satan;s authority. He was sentenced to begin life anew on earth, never to return to Hell and never to be given access to Paradise. He looked around at the room he was serving and shrugged. 'Not a bad punishment after all,' he thought to himself.

He had just finished polishing his glasses when he turned to face the door, hearing the tell tale bell ring of a new customer. She walked towards the bar and put her identification in the palm of his hand and he took in every detail of her form. What seemed like an eternity was only mere moment in reality, and he returned her ID and gave her the order she asked for. something was different about this girl.

Immediately, Jolene saw something different about the man tending bar. There was an air about him, something dangerous, deadly, off. But, she also saw the way his eyes moved around the room, the hint of pride in himself that spoke of arrogance and just knowing that he was something special. He definitely wasn't timid and that spoke volumes about the man to the girl. As naive as she was, she could still tell an attractive, sure man when she saw one.

"Just a Miller Light, please." She requested, and was happy when he delivered it. She drank slowly, her eyes very rarely leaving the man. "So.." Her accent was thick even with the few words. "Are you from New York?" She asked curiously. It seemed half and half to her, some people had moved to New York for the fun of it, others would never consider leaving it, because the'd been there their whole lives.

He nodded his head towards the young woman and tipped his hat. "One Miller Light," he said softly, tilting the glass underneath the fountain, letting the beer get just the right amount of foam, the bubble slowly making their way to the top. His ears almost literally perked up as the tell tale Cajun accent filled the room, all other sounds going silent. His eyes nearly flashed to their original blood red color so he had to slowly rub his eyes. Her voice was as intoxicating as the drinks he sold and he began to let his human side take over for a while.

"Yes, I am from here," he said leaning over the bar a bit, gazing into her eyes, the brilliance they gave off made his human form shiver a bit. "It's a beautiful place, isn't it? So many places to go, people to see and all that." He looked past the woman for a moment and was given an order from the young couple behind her. "Excuse me a moment, my dear," he said, quickly pouring the cups of scotch the people ordered. He passed them out nimbly and leaned over the bar once again. "So, I take it you're from the south with that accent of yours."

Jolene flashed him a smile and nodded as she took a small drink of her beer. It was very good, but she expected no less of Miller. "That I am. The middle of God's ass no where." She said, laughing very softly. She was a bit surprised, actually, that he was from New York. Though, someone like him would come from a place like New York. So magnificent and out there. Something that no one would want to take their eyes off of.

"I'm actually from a little town in Louisiana. I'm absolutely loving New York, though. It's so fascinating." She commented, sliding the glass between her hands as she looked at this man. She realized, quickly, but not quickly enough, that she would be holding him back from work while she talked to him. "But, I'm sure thats not interesting to you." She produced the money for the drink, so that she wouldn't be stiffing him and he'd have a reason to be able to just slip off without worry.

Back
Top Bottom