Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

-------

RE: Im not your daughter. (MoonlightRomance and Deerpoob)

Roxanne didn't even hear him come in and that was why the teenager wasn't at the door waiting for a hug when he walked through the door. She didn't even hear him when he called for her again. The now seventeen year old was back in her room, doing homework as she listened to the loud rock music that was coming from her purple ear buds. So that's why she couldn't hear Daniel when he called for her.

Roxy had clearly grown into a beautifully breathtaking young woman. She had long brown hair the color of chocolate that was thick and curly and Emerald colored eyes that, if the light hit them just right seemed to sparkle. Today she wore a pair of dark wash jeans and a black t-shirt with a howling white wolf on it. Her ears were pierced once and in them were a pair of hoops. Around her neck hung a gold chain with a gold wolf paw hanging from it, a birthday gift from her father and on her right hand ring finger was her class ring. She finally heard him the third time he had called for her and that was because a sound had just ended. It was when she heard him that she pulled them from her ears, letting them land where ever they fell and walking out of the room. "Hey, sorry I didn't hear you." She said, walking over to him and hugging him.

Up until recently Roxanne hadn't remembered a damn thing about what her life had been like before she had come to live with the man that she called her father. But, the past few weeks she found herself remembering bits and pieces of what had happened before the house had been raided and it was causing her to question everything Daniel had ever told her. Not that she told him about this.

Roxanne nodded when he asked if she was okay, even though she really wasn't and now that he was asking if she was really alright Roxy was having her doubts about keeping what little she was remembering from him.Maybe he'll try to help me understand what went on. She told herself and smiled when she felt her father's lips against her forehead. She was still debating telling him when she felt him let go of her and watched as he walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone. Roxy shrugged when he glanced back at her. When he walked over to the table she walked over to him and reached her hands up to the top of his back, beginning to rub his back. She hoped it would help him to relax some. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek, hardily tall enough to reach his face, even on her tip toes.

"Chinese sounds good to me, daddy." She said and smiled weakly at him. The two of them were close and they had been since she first came to live with him. As quickly as Daniel had become attached to Roxanne she had become attached to him just as quickly. Hell, after a few days the little girl had been calling him 'Daddy'. Just how close they were became clear if you witnessed the two of them together, in fact, the first thing you noticed about him when you saw the two together was just how loving he was to her yet protective he was over her at the same time.

"I'm glad you like it." She said and smiled, then as he called and ordered their food she continued to rub his back. Roxanne could tell he was already beginning to relax. She finally stopped rubbing her father's back only when he was off the phone and turned so that he was facing her. Roxy return his kind and loving smile of her own. "A movie sounds good." She replied as she watched him stretch, tensing up some when she heard him say the words 'horror movie'. Truth be told, she hated them. They scared the living crap out of her, but she didn't mind watching them with her father if it meant spending time with him. After all, if he saw any sign that she was getting scared he put an arm around her and assured her that there was no reason to be scared.

She watched him walk into the living room and sit on the couch before following him and sitting next to him. Then when she noticed him looking back over at her she looked up into his face. "What is it dad?" She asked before smiling at him weakly. "If you want to know why I've been acting kind of odd lately I'll tell you." She offered, thinking that's what it was.

When he asked what was wrong Roxanne felt herself tense up again, unsure of how he was going to react when he heard what she had to tell him. But, when he put his arm around her and gave her one of his smiles to let her know everything would be alright she seemed to relax. What made her even more comfortable with telling him was when he started to gently rub her arm. She took a deep breath before starting to speak. "When you came home you asked if anything was wrong and I lied then because I wasn't sure how you would take it." She then paused once more before speaking again. "The past few weeks I've been remembering things, things I couldn't remember before." She finally got it out and waited for a reaction, expecting a bad one.

At this point, she wasn't remembering enough yet to put it together that he wasn't her biological father, though. Most of what she was remembering was time she had spent with her father and how gentle he was with her. so, what she was about to be told by Daniel would come as a shock.

Roxanne watched Daniel as he stood up and moved so that he was kneeling in front of her, then she looked down at her hands as he placed his on top of her's before moving them so that they were resting in her lap. Then her eyes wandered back up to look at Daniel's face as she listened to him and when she felt him squeeze her hands gently somehow it made her feel a a little better about the whole thing. Even with as well as he knew her it would have been hard to tell what she was thinking because there was an almost blank look on her face as she listened to what he had to say. It wasn't that she didn't believe him, but what he was telling her about the man she had been born to didn't match up with what little she remembered. Her clearest memory was one of her laying on her father's chest asleep. But, who was she going to believe, a man she hardily remembered or the man who had raised her as his own? Even when he was done and what he had just told her was beginning to sink in she didn't seem angry at him. Roxy did pull her hands out of his, though and wrapped her arms around him for a hug. "I don't care if we are related by blood or not, you are still my dad." She said, but secretly she felt she had to repay him for all the years he had taken care of her. She also had a feeling that he was attracted to her in ways that were wrong for a father, but she didn't say anything. "I love you daddy." She said softly and kissed his cheek.

Roxanne smiled when he kissed the top of her head and closed her eyes as he stroked her back slowly. That had always been something that calmed her ever since she was little. When he stopped, though, her eyes almost instantly opened and she looked at Daniel as he moved back into the couch. Roxy was just getting ready to give him an answer to his question when the door buzzed. Roxanne walked into the kitchen as he got the food getting silverware for them both and getting a Dr. Pepper for him and a Mountain Dew for her father. She came back and set the things she gad grabbed for them on the table, seeing him cleaning up the mess she leaned down, helping him. "Go ahead and get everything out of the bag, dad. I'll clean the rest of it up." She said and smiled weakly at him. "yeah, it is a good thing you got three this time." Roxanne agreed.

She watched him as he stood up and sat down in his chair before going back to unpacking the rest of the food. Then she went back to cleaning up the food he had spilled all over the table. Roxanne was well aware of the fact that her whole body was tense, but it caught her by surprise when her father seemed to notice it. "I'm fine, Dad." Roxy said, looking over at him as she spoke but she didn't sound fine. She noticed the concern in his eyes, but didn't say anything about it and she was sure he knew she was lying. She also noticed that Daniel was looking her over. In reality she wasn't sure, since what he had told her had sunk it she felt like she owed him for taking care of her all these years. "What are you sorry for?" She asked after getting the mess cleaned up and as she awaited an answer she debated telling him how she felt.

"I understand why you didn't tell me, though. You thought I was better off not knowing who or where I came from." She said, picking up the Mountain Dew she had brought in for him and offering it to him. "I know I can and I guess I just feel like I owe you for taking care of me all these years when you didn't have to." Roxy admitted. With her free hand she began to eat, taking small bites and looking down at the food rather than at him. Roxy was scared about how he was going to react to what she just told him. When Daniel spoke again she could tell without looking at him that he was feeling hurt and she looked up at him, into his eyes to reply to him. "I'm not angry at you and I don't want time alone, dad." She replied, being alone would just cause her to think about it more and Roxanne felt thinking about it a lot right now wasn't something either one of them needed.

She nodded as a response before speaking. "Yes, I'm sure." She said, unable to help laughing when he told her that all he could think about at seventeen was getting laid. "What do you think about now?" She asked before going back to eating a drinking as well. After having her bite swallowed she smiled back at him, glad that all the sadness she had seen and heard in him before was now gone. Not that she was going to tell him, but even now she was trying to think of ways she could repay him for raising her. "I feel like I do, though and what made you want to? I mean, there were other kids you could have helped both before and after me, I'm sure." She said and smiled back at him when he smiled at her again.

Him including her at the end of the things he thought about now wasn't the weirdest part to her. 'Our Future' was. She let him say the rest of what he had to say before commenting. "Our future?" Roxanne asked, seeming confused as to what he meant. As far as she saw it the only future there was for them was for her to eventually move out and eventually they would grow apart as they talked less and less. But, Roxanne had to admit to herself that there was a secret part of her that was happy when he told her that they weren't related by blood because some of the feelings she had for Daniel were what would be considered inappropriate for a daughter to have towards her father. What could she say? Hey, Daniel was an attractive man. As Daniel had been explaining why she was so special to him and why he had taken her in as his own she remembered tiny bits of other things. "Yeah, he kept me well hidden. I wasn't allowed to go to school. He had who I'm guessing was my mom home school me. I was never allowed outside to play, either, and whenever anybody who he didn't recognize or one of his enemies came in I was told to hide in closets or under beds, places like that."

Roxanne was about ready to say something when he moved to her and hugged her. She simply nodded when he explained what he meant when he said he thought about their future. "Yeah." Roxy said, in agreement, not realizing it was as late as it actually was either. "Yeah, go ahead and go get a shower, I'm fine with putting the rest of it away." Roxy said and smiled weakly, though there was something off in her voice when she said it. She, too, was done with her food and suddenly felt as if she needed some time alone. With how obvious he was being about not wanting to hear about what she remembered about her blood family she took it as him saying no longer cared.

While he was in the shower she put the rest of the food away like he had asked her to and after that she went to her room, closing the door behind her. She changed into a pair of blue pajama bottoms with different color stars and moons on them, and a black tank top. But, even after she was dressed she kept the door closed. Roxy laid on her bed and turned on the television, soon hearing the water from Daniel's shower stop running. Any minute now, after he was dressed she expected him to come and try to talk to her.

When he opened her door and walked in Roxanne turned off the television, half expecting some long lecture about how he was sorry he didn't tell her because to her it seemed like he seemed to think he was mad at her. When he came over and sat on the edge of her bed she looked up at him. "When I tried to tell you what I did remember about them you didn't want to listen. Seems like I'm not important enough anymore." She told him, tears starting to fill her eyes as she spoke. She watched as he put a hand on her calf, finding some comfort when he squeezed it gently., not trying to pull away from him like he probably expected her to. it seemed like he wouldn't have even had to use his stern tone with her this time.

"I thought that because you just seemed to brush off what I was telling you, like it was nothing." She said and then when the words 'I love you' finally hit her and the way he had said it did too, she was shocked. Before she said anything more she took her hands, putting them on either side of his face and made him look back at her. Roxanne looked into his eyes, unsure of what she should expect him to do next. "I can't help but to think about them. I have no control over this and even when I do remember thing it isn't enough to make sense of anything. "And that's why I'm trying to forget them, they haunt me already and I am happy because you make me happy." She said and let go of his face, unsure of what else she could say. Roxy also looked away from him and down at the floor.

"I know what would have happened if you didn't take me from them. I would have died in that house." Roxy said, clearly she had already thought about it. When Daniel wrapped his arms around her she put her arms around him as well and smiled when she felt his lips against her forehead. When Daniel began to stroke her back slowly she slowly began to relax and allowed her eyes to close. When she felt herself being pulled against him she didn't fight, liking the feeling of his body against her's. "I love you Daddy." She said, a sleepy smile on her fast as she moved her head to his chest.

By the time his lips reached the top of her head, Roxanne was already out like a light. A smile was on her face, though, so it was clear she was having good dreams instead of the nightmares about her past that had haunted her for the last week or so. Throughout the night she didn't move much, staying where he had pulled her into his lap with her head on his chest all night.

Roxanne had left for school hours ago and was completely in the dark as to what he was planning. She figured by now he was back in bed because he usually slept in on his days off. At least in her experiance that was what he did. Tonight she wouldn't be home until around five or so and she was in for a surprise when she did get home.

Roxanne came walking in the door about five after five. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a 'Shinedown' band tee and her long brown hair was pulled back into a pony tail. The first thing she noticed because of the lights being off were the candles lit at the table. She didn't see her father because he had been standing by the door where the door would hide him from view when it was opened. She put her school bag down by the couch before walking over to the table, wandering what was going on. When she laid her eyes on the fancy dinner she thought maybe Daniel had a date coming over, never thinking it was all for her. "Dad?" She called, wandering where he was.

Roxanne glanced over at him when he walked up beside her and nodded. "It looks beautiful." She said, able to tell he had spent all day on it but she was shocked to hear that he had done it for her. "I already know how special I am to you." She said, but really she didn't have a clue just how much she meant to him. Roxy noticed he was wearing cologne when she stood up on her tip toes to kiss him on the cheek. "I do like it, and okay. I'll go change into something and then we can eat." She said, standing up on her tip toes again to kiss his cheek and then heading off to her room to change.

Once she walked into her room she closed the door. Roxanne looked through her closet and soon had the dress she wanted to wear picked out. It was a short Sapphire colored dress that was sure to make her green eyes stand out more. Roxy let her hair out of the pony tail and quickly changed out of the clothes she had worn to school and into the dress. She also put on some make up and perfume before opening the door and walking out of her room and back out into the dining room. She smiled at him, spinning around in a circle for him to see her whole outfit. "Is this nice enough, Dad?"

"Thank you." She said, for both calling her beautiful and pulling her chair out for her as she walked over to him and the chair he had pulled out for her. "I suppose not." Roxy said, a bit shocked to hear that her father was letting her have some alcohol. She watched as he returned to his seat directly across from her. She nodded when he said there was extra food if she was still hungry after. "It was nice to come home to a surprise." Roxy said, offering him a small smile. "What have I done as of late that deserves anything special, though?" She asked. As the candle light cause the dark blue color of her dress it made her beautiful green eyes stand out even more then they usually did.

When Daniel look into her eyes to answer she didn't notice that he was staring at her. "I'm fine with what you told me yesterday, though. You are the only family I've ever had. Knowing that I'm no biologically yours doesn't change that, Dad." Roxanne said with a smile. She then began eating, pausing when he offered one of the glasses to her. She simply nodded when he said not to make a habit of drinking and when he warned her it might taste strange to her. She then took a sip of it, he was right: it did taste weird, but at the same time it tasted good. Not that she realized it but since this was her first time drinking one glass would be enough to at least get her tipsy, if not a little drunk.

"I don't hate you, I don't think I ever could." She said, pausing to take another sip from the glass of wine he had poured for her. "And I thought about running away and trying to see him and my mother both. But, if they were willing to live the kind of life they did, even after knowing losing me was a risk they had to take then maybe they never did care about me." She said and shrugged, putting her free hand up on the table. Then she went back to eating and drinking, but that only lasted a few minutes because when he took her hand in his she stopped, bringing her eyes up to meet his and returning his smile. Roxy was already starting to feel a little buzzed from what little wine she had drank.

When he had went back to eating she had too, and just like him, had finished the rest of his food. When Roxanne felt Daniel's eyes on her once again she looked up at him, smiling at him softly. Then she watched him as he took one of the flowers from the vase and when he offered it to her she gently took it with her free hand. When he got up to turn on the radio she sat the red rose beside her and when he returned she smiled and laughed softly at his comment. As he poured him another glass of wine she drank from her still half full glass. Roxy too, was a bit tipsy herself and she was unsure of what she should expect next.

Back
Top Bottom