Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A taste of the South

Anansi

Supporter
Supporter
Sunset in western Georgia was a wondrous thing on the grounds of the Antebellum mansion known as The Hallow. Its bleached marble pillars glistened, the windows reflected and refracted light over the massive porch. The leaning weeping willows by the home's tendrils billowed softly as though each were attempting to engulf the other into a deep embrace. Behind them the four story mansion stood empty, the doors and windows all locked as the purples and oranges of evening cascaded down from the sky into the hill off behind the house. The gates far from the main house were opened as the staff left for the day. They had been told the new owner would be arriving that night but in truth all of the furniture they had moved in seemed rather plentiful for just one man. They had wished to even have a peek at whoever had bought the lavish estate.

Waiting by the gate the assorted blacks and whites of maids and butlers, cooks and cleaners stared off down the road waiting. This was the only part of the estate without a river, or lake to block off access to it and surely the man wouldn't be arriving by boat as the dock had no one to mind it. EventuallyThey grew weary till someone pointed back at the house, now alight from within as someone went from room to room. The lights grew till they washed the front yard in their yellowed artificial light and a form stood in the doorway looking down at them. Backlight as he was all they could tell was that he was of tall stature and possessed a large frame. "Thank you, and good evening." He said to the waiting throng before stepping back and shutting the door.

Within he turned revealing a pale brown face, it was slightly golden in color, his eyes a deep red to the crowd before the door had shut fully. The same eyes changed slightly fading to a very deep brown. They glanced about with a predatory gleam as he smiled slightly revealing his perfectly set unnaturally white teeth. Yawning slightly he stretched as one did when just awoken from a deep and restorative sleep before treading into the living room and pushing closed a bookcase that was open to reveal a winding staircase behind it. "Mmm" He mused to himself as he looked through a floor to ceiling window looking out onto the side yard. "Everything in its place, help gone, do I go eat...or do I.." before he could continue the phone next to him rang. No other in the house went off, simply the small black rotary phone within arms length of his armchair. Reaching over he lifted it and cocking his head to one side as he slumped into the chair he spoke. "Hello, Janus here." He simply said in a crisp clear voice before wincing visibly. "Yes mother, I arrived fine, but I'm expecting company soon, so I will talk to you later." He said before he abruptly hung up and pushed the phone to one side. Standing he looked himself over in the mirror. His black suit hugged his body slightly, his red tie had a slightly deeper red peck slightly off to one side so he removed it before unbottoning the top of his shirt. Looking furtively about he then flexed slightly admiring how the suit's cut allowed him to show his muscular form before he turned on his heel. He had invited his neighbors over for a meet and greet and had not yet checked on food. Walking into the dining room he admired the lavish spread. "In ten minutes comes the night staff, and then in thirty guests.." He said to himself before he licked his lips and parted them in a wide smile giving peek to his elongated canines. "I can't wait...I'm starving."

"Mother, please!"
"What? I just want to make sure you look nice."
"I'm almost twenty, mother. I know how to dress myself."
The teenager groaned softly, her mother pulling and tugging on her sweater as the brunette crossed her arms. Contessa didn't even know what was going on. Her mother had made her cancel her plans with friends so she could go to some sort of dinner thing with the neighbor. She had no idea what the hell was going to go on. No one had bought the house next door for years. It had actually been empty for most of her life, so she honestly had no idea what the inside looked like at all. It was probably gorgeous though. It looked like the type of house that a southern belle would have lived in during the 1800's. Whatever the case, she really wasn't looking forward to having to socialize and talk.

Contessa Williams was a shy, but incredibly gorgeous for a girl so young. She had long black, curly hair that went about a quarter of the way down her back. Piercing blue grey eyes that could look cold and sad one minute, and bright and lovely the next. Her skin was pale, but seemed to glow in the moonlight as she stepped outside, her mother finally having let go of her and letting her get ready on her own. She had been forced to dress up, the girl in a tight, black dress that went down to about mid thigh and a sweater that went about half way down her torso, also black. The dress hugged her curvaceous body nicely, the four inch stilettos making her already long legs look even more incredible. As the wind blew, her hair moved a bit until it was over one shoulder, the girl looking off at the house in the distance before her mother joined her.
"Come on, Tessa. Don't straggle behind."

After about five minutes, they made it to the door, her mother knocking on it gently before starting to try and fix the girls clothes again.
"Mom! Stop it!"
"He was kind enough to invite us over for dinner. I want you to make a good impression."
"Mother, I look fine."
"Of course you do. But I want him to think that we-"
The door opened, a man, most likely some sort of staff member, letting them inside before telling them to sit down and wait for the owner to introduce himself. Contessa sat down on the edge of a small sofa, crossing her legs as she tucked her hair behind her ears gently, her mother coming over to sit next to her as moving her hair back to where it was.
"You look pretty with your hair down, Tessa, why do you tuck it back all the time?"
"Mother, please don't embarrass me."

Janus spoke to the staff briefly every now and then his voice dulcet and slow never raising as he spoke it was easy and calm yet commanding. He had then greeted the first of the guests and ushered them in to eat and greeted families in separate rooms speaking to them as they came in. He looked to be about twenty to them he supposed, most of them would wonder how someone so young could live alone in such a lavish place. He laughed and tossed back his head at their jokes about setting him up with their daughters and handed them off their presents to servants to be piled in the main hall. Eventually he came to the recent arrivals and came in throwing open double doors to reveal the grand set up behind him.

He stood tall, his broad shoulders stretching his custom fitted suit slightly as he raised his arms in genuine mirthful greeting. His lips parted into a smile that didn't go past barely showing a glimpse of his teeth that was warm nonetheless. His muscular physique was highlighted by his height making him seem thinner and thus lighter than he was. His eyes scanned the room quickly and with a slightly veiled hunger before he bowed. "Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Janus Blackwell and welcome to my home." He said simply. He saw the young lady and instantly she peaked his interest as he inhaled her scent. He knew in the lighting most people would be thrown off by his pale brown complexion, bright eyes, soft curling hair and strong jawline giving him the look of someone possibly Middle Eastern, but also possible from anywhere in the Mediterranean .It was something he found highly amusing.

Flitting through the crowd he smiled broadly accepting gifts and listening specifically to introductions so as to remember who was who when proper times came. When he came to the Williams family he stopped and bowed before their daughter. "Hello there new neighbors." He said to them. He had noted them instantly from the scent that clung to them being those similar to the garden he had seen in the house a quarter mile down the road's yard when he had passed through. "Fine evening isn't it?" He began before offering his hand to the center of them. "So, which of you sisters would like to be the first?" He asked teasingly while looking between mother and daughter.

Contessa had been listening to people speaking in the other room, a calm laughter being heard several times as she finally just shrugged it off. She played with her hair, twirling it around her fingertips gently as she took a few deep breaths. She was getting slightly nervous, and as the doors swung open, she looked over at the tall figure in the doorway. She had jumped slightly, startled by the sudden noise before watching the man in awe. He was tall. Very tall. And Israeli. No, Pakistani. Greek? Something. Whatever he was, he had that look about him that drove most women crazy, including Contessa. Her mother nudged her leg, since she was staring intently at the man, the girl then coughing softly and looking down at her legs. His name was Janus? She'd never heard that name before. Then again, she didn't know of anyone else named Contessa, either.

As he started towards the guests, she made sure to continue looking down, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of him. However, as he made it to them, she slowly looked up, her eyes more grey than blue at the moment. When he bowed, she blushed softly, looking down at her thighs before glancing up for a moment. As he put his hand out, her mother pushed her slightly, Contessa slowly putting her small hand into his and standing up. She reached about 5'8" when in the heels, but only made it to 5'4" without them. She looked up at him for a moment, not yet taking her hand back as she spoke.
"I'm... Contessa...."
She said softly, her mother laughing as she stood up and patted her daughters back.

"I'm Marie Williams. Tessa's just very shy. She'll warm up eventually. She probably just finds you attractive."
"Mother!"
The girl looked mortified, shooting a glare at her mother, who only laughed before producing a bottle wrapped in tissue paper from her purse.
"This is for you, Mister Blackwell. It's a vintage port wine. It might help you relax later on for yout first night here."

He locked eyes with her briefly as she looked at him and smiled softly before he had made it over to her finding it amusing to see her shifting as she did. He realized that of the women there he had now found the most attractive from the way the others glanced over. Possibly the best of the county if not that whole section of the state. He took her hand as it was offered and leaned down to kiss it softly his lips caressing the back briefly before he stood to full height once more. "Contessa, I remember my time in Rome..I met a Contessa, she was nowhere near as lovely or elegant as you young Miss Williams." He gave a slight laugh at her mother's remark before he spoke again.

"Madam, if your daughter's strong hand wasn't grasping mine, I may have already fallen back, knocked literally off my feet by her beauty." He said teasingly before releasing Contessa his fingers caressing the tips of her's briefly before he turned to her mother. "Ah, thank you Mrs Williams for the lovely gift." He said taking it and looking it over. "I do say that you and your daughter will have to stay after the party, as neighbors I should pay extra attention to you." He said as he handed it to a passing servant.

"Daughter, it sounds so strange to say when you look so young." He said gently taking the mother's now empty hand and kissing the back of her palm graciously. "I thank you for the excellent gift, if I saw another silverware set I think I may have gone a bit off." He added before turning to look at the door opening behind them. "Ah, more guests, I will be back...quickly, I promise." He said to her. "And I do insist ,you and your daughter are to be my guests once this hum drum dies down." He continued before bowing his head to Contessa. "I will see you in a bit. Have a drink, some food, anything you want." He said with a slight wolfish smirk that he concealed from her mother before he walked toward the incoming guests.

As he kissed the back of her hand, she let out a soft breath, looking up at him and smiling slightly before he stood back up. When he spoke of Rome, and the other Contessa, she had started to frown, until he said how much more lovely she was than the other. His comment about how beautiful she was made her blush deeply, her cheeks a crimson color as their fingertips touched gently. All the other girls in the room shot glares, not liking the attention he was showing her, but honestly, Tessa didn't even notice. She was too busy watching him intently.

Marie handed the bottle to him, smiling as he invited them to stay after the dinner engagement and kissed the back of her hand. She then wrapped an arm around her daughter, pulling her close. For the first time all night, Contessa had nothing to say about her mother's overbearing nature. Ever since her father had died, Marie always made sure to keep Contessa out of harms way and in her arms, even though it drove the nineteen year old absolutely insane.
"I got married young, and had her when I was around her age. And silverware is quite boring, and it's such a common house warming gift."

As Janus bowed his head to her, she smiled at him, giggling softly as he smirked at her. Contessa then headed towards the drinks, her hand trailing for some sort of wine before her mother smacked it away.
"Don't even think about it."
"Mom, he said I could have whatever I wanted."
"And I don't want a repeat of the christmas party. You aren't touching it."
"You're no fun at all."
She poured herself a glass of water, slowly walking back over to the couch and sitting down. The other girls in the room were busy trying to make themselves more appealing, messing with their hair and clothes and such. She smiled a little bit, running her fingers over the lip of the glass gently as she looked around carefully. Her mother was talking to another set of parents, which was something Tessa was glad for. She slipped her sweater off, showing the top of the black dress and velvet choker necklace she had on. It had sort of a victorian looking appeal, with an embellishment in the center of her neck.

Janus greeted the next family and noted around him that young ladies and a few men were grooming themselves when they thought he wasn't looking. Breasts were being pushed up, hair adjusted, make up retouched. The whole circus of it made him chuckle. He flitted from guest to guest greeting and laughing and nodding. He often found himself being pressed towards their daughters by parents hoping to join families. Some were subtle while others were brazen. He even got a proposition from a few of the wives and mothers which made him blush slightly as he made his way through the crowd gathering up and thanking for gifts and the like.

He was happy he had listened to his head butler and not had a seating plan as people would have undoubtedly fought to be closer to him which often annoyed him. His acute hearing picked up bits of this and that, mothers telling their daughters not to let him know they had long since lost their virtue. A few men prompting their wives to go for it, and try and get money, even a few of them encouraging their sons. He stopped with a particular family who caught his eye. They were somewhat severe looking, they had no children with them and he talked to the pale people at length. After the conversation they simply left the man after hugging him and the woman giving him a peck on the cheek.

Making his way back to Contessa he slipped up behind her quietly before leaning in. "So what happened at Christmas?" He simply asked having heard as he sat next to her. He made note several people were watching so he smiled and waved to them and made several discreet hand gestures for servants to intercept or otherwise occupy them so as not to have them interrupt. "I'd really like to hear, and frankly, a few sips of wine never hurt." He said to her with a grin. "Mother need not know."

As he asked her about Christmas, she giggled, turning towards him slightly as she tucked her hair behind her ears.
"It wasn't bad. I mean, I didn't really do anything. I was seventeen, and my mom brought me to this party thing at one of my aunts. While the adults weren't looking, my cousins and I, we took a bottle of what we thought was champagne, but it was a lot stronger than that. The four of us split the bottle, and my older cousins fell asleep, but Bobby and I wanted to go back downstairs. I was just really goofy. I ended up on a table, like, in the corner of the room, so none of the adults could get at me. My mom was so pissed. My dad would have thought it was funny, though."
She laughed softly, looking around at the other people before smiling. They were trying so hard for the strangers attention, but then again, she probably would have been too if she had the nerve to act sexy.

"I have a question though. Why is... everyone staring over here? I mean, I know why sort of, but I mean.... I don't know what I mean. I get sort of flustered easily. I was never very good at.... speaking to people."
It was true. She had a very severe accent for this part of Georgia, so she was teased a lot when she was younger. She got it from her dad, most likely, but it made her so uncomfortable with talking that she always got very nervous during conversation. Although, get a glass of wine into the girl, and she'd be the life of any party. Even though her accent was so pronounced, a lot of men always thought it was kind of sexy. It made her sound cute, and it gave a certain something to the sound of her voice that made it quite lovely to listen to.

She looked into his eyes for a few moments, eventually crossing her legs again before speaking again, trying to get the thought she had out of her head in a way he'd understand.
"I mean like.... why does everybody want to become.... involved with you? I mean, don't get me wrong, you're a great looking guy, but.... they don't even know you yet. I guess it's cause I mean, you must have money or something to buy this place, but at the same time, money doesn't make you love a person. My mom married my daddy, and my dad was a poor as poor could be. But he was nice to her, and he loved her. I just don't get it, I guess."
She blushed intently though, upon realizing she had just, to his face, told him he was attractive. She covered her mouth, trying to hide the shy smile as she shut her eyes and let her hair fall back in her face.
"I'm not normally this... awkward... trust me. Normally, I'm a lot more... social, I guess. I don't know. Just... don't hate me for acting so odd, okay?"
Her eyes had changed colors while they were speaking, from the cold and shy grey, to a more heartfelt blue. She smiled slightly at him, sitting up straighter before speaking again.
"And how do you suppose I keep from my mom that I've had a drink? She finds everything out. "
She smirked a little bit, twisting her hair around her fingers before laughing.
"And where do I sit tonight. I saw the table it's huge."

He listened to her story with rapt attention and nodded politely at parts while chuckling at others. "Quite amusing and I'm sure he would have." He said with a snicker. "I find you rather attractive as well." He said in reply to her compliment. "And that accent of your's is rather darling, enough to get the blood flowing in a dead man I'd bet." He added with a laugh before he glanced around. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." He said with a snicker. "Pride and Prejudice" He said soon after the quotation. "These people are all hoping to get a piece of the rich young man who's come into their midst. Well. not all of them, those over there." He said gesturing to a few elderly couples. "They were just friends of my late father." He said slowly. "I honestly think that many of these people don't even care for marriage, they're hoping I knock up one of their daughters under any circumstance so they can lay some claim. Happens when you buy a six million dollar house with cash." He continued now sighing softly. "The Realtor more or less creamed herself when I pulled out a duffel bag full of money." Laughing he stretched and leaned to whisper to a servant who approached who then approached her mother and spoke to her. Soon the woman was being led away.

"Your mother is getting to see our massive wine cellar, followed by our kitchens, I daresay she will be occupied for a while, you two are my guests tonight and its far too late to let young women such as yourselves go home alone, so you will sleep here and the car will drop you off in the morning when the chauffeur returns. " He said curtly before he looked about. "I couldn't hate you for being yourself." He said as a waiter came by with a tray of assorted drinks and hovered before her. "Its wrong to fight one's....nature" He said letting the words hang in the air before he spoke. "As for me, what's so special about me? Besides money, and looks, well I hope unlike these girls who are slipping me their numbers and a few of the more daring ones their panties, I'd like for you to find out for yourself." He said before the servants could no longer hold back several people some of whom pulled him gently away while surrounding him.

"The girls here are like girls everywhere else. They give their bodies up in hopes of someone loving their shallow selves. They will lie, cheat, steal, do whatever they can to get what they want. That's why I don't date. All boys want is... intimacy and, although I don't necessarily want to wait until marriage, I do want to wait until someone loves me."
She smiled at him, her eyes widening slightly as he said he paid for the six million dollar home in cash. She was astonished! That was a lot of money to just throw down on a house. Then again, if he had that much, he probably had a lot more, so it probably wasn't a big deal to him As he mentioned that they would be staying here tonight, she smiled a bit, nodding as the waiter came by. She gently grabbed a glass of red wine, and as he spoke of her finding out what was so special, she nodded and took a sip.
"Mhmm, I'd like that a lot."

As he was pulled away and surrounded, she stood up, taking another few sips of the wine before deciding to explore the house. After all, she was staying here tonight, and she was sure he wouldn't mind as long as she didn't touch anything or go into any of the rooms. She left the main foyer, heading down a long, slightly dark hall way as she drank her wine. It was incredible. The house was completely furnished already, and he had only been there a day or so. In about twenty minutes, she had made it around much of the first floor, but decided it was probably time to head back into the main room. She wasn't drunk, per say, just a little bit buzzed. Her cheeks were beautifully pink, and seemed more confident. Sexier. Maybe it was because she got less nervous when she was drunk, so she was able to understand just how gorgeous her curves were. However, she stopped when she saw what had to be the most gorgeous painting she had ever seen in her life. Somehow, she recognized it, but she didn't know why or from what. Contessa twirled the glass stem in her fingertips, biting her lower lip as she tried to figure out why it looked so familiar. She then leaned back against the wall, stretching slightly as she pulled her hair to one side of her, exposing her slightly long, slender neck.

"Syria 1785" " He said from behind her. Walking up he smirked. "One of my ancestors if you will." He said to her as he looked up at the painting which with the exception of longer hair and Syrian armor as well as a sterner face was a fascimile of him on canvas surrounded by many others of similar appearance. "Its a family portrait if you will." He said to her with a slight laugh. "Many people see it and wonder how it looks familiar, but I don't think it looks all that much like me." He said slowly with a slight tilt of his head as he leaned in closer to her. "So I see you're rather enjoying wandering my new home, you likely know more about it than I do." He said with a slight nod before he stroked the side of her neck with his fingertips. "And you've taken off your choker.Getting comfy?" He asked her slowly before he slipped in behind her his head dipping as he inhaled her scent. "Mmm you smell exquisit..." "Young Master" A voice called from behind him. The voice's owner was a small gentleman who's silver hair shone in the moonlight as it came through the window.

Pulling away Janus growled slightly before he walked toward the butler. "Yes?" The butler gave a hushed reply that barely reached even Janus' acute hearing before he sighed. "Well dear, I'm being pulled away...again, but dinner is being served now, and after dessert, and then I kick folks out, and we will have time to ourselves, it seems your mother is quite drunk and possibly retiring any moment now. Iliaster has that effect on women." He said gently patting the old man's shoulder. Walking along beside the man he hissed to him. "I wasn't going to bite her." "That's besides the point, it is not appropriate for you to be alone with a young woman when you have guests, you must think of your image at all times." The man replied. "Iliaster I was doing this when you were in diapers do not presume to know more than me." He snapped at the man. "Yes sir, but my family was serving yours before you were ever thought of."

Contessa jumped at the sudden voice, almost dropping the glass before smiling when she realized it was only Janus. At first, she thought it might have been her mother. God, if she had seen her with a wine glass in her hand, she would have dragged her home by her hair, and the screamed at her until she was blue in the face.
"It does look like you, but that's not why it looks familiar. This one...."
She said softly, pointing so a man with shorter hair nearer to the edge of the painting.
"This one looks like a friend of my fathers... I guess it couldn't be though."
As he leaned closer, she smiled, slowly looking up at him before nodding.
"I couldn't help myself. I do hope you don't mind. I've looked at this place since I was a little girl, and I guess I just wanted to see what the inside looked like. Oh.... yes, it was getting sort of uncomfortable."
As his fingertips touched her neck, she gasped softly, instinctively tilting her head to the side to expose more of her neck for him to touch. He moved behind her, and as he spoke, she blushed slightly at his words. Her hand slowly moved up as she shut her eyes, touching his fingertips gently as she smiled. Something about his presence was calming, almost enchanting.

She jumped again though as she heard a voice, her eyes opening quickly as Janus pulled away from her. As the man spoke, she tried to hear what he was saying, but couldn't. It appeared his voice was barely a whisper, so it was futile to try and hear it. Janus seemed agitated at the whole thing, but she just smiled and looked into his eyes for a second before laughing a little bit.
"We can talk again later. I should probably go to dinner and take care of Mother so she doesn't make an absolute fool of herself."
She watched him walk away, whispering aggressively at the man before she took her choker back out. She slipped it back on, running her hands through her hair slowly before heading downstairs.

She found her mother, who was completely smashed, the girl laughing before bringing her to the table. She sat her down, sitting down next to her before starting to eat. Her mother was silent, but that was actually pretty normal for her when she was drunk. At least at first. Her mother ate quickly, and Contessa decided it would be better to get her into bed now before she could do anything stupid. She excused herself along with her mother, asking one of the staff where her room was before heading down the hallway. She did have one question on her mind, though, and couldn't help but ask her mother.
"Mom, remember Billy?"
"Billy who?"
"Billy! Daddy's friend."
"Oh... right..."
"What happened to him?"
"He turned... into a goat... Billy goat..."
"You are no help when your like this... I'm serious! Where did he go after daddy was killed."
Her mother just started laughing, Tessa laughing softly as well before getting her into bed. She got her situated, and then headed back to the dinner table, sitting down to finally eat something. There were girls crowded along the table, all of them trying to sit next to Janus, who hadn't yet sat down. She only laughed at all of them, touching her neck in memory of how he touched it earlier.

"Iliaster...we may have a small hiccup." He said to his butler once they were alone in the kitchen. "She knows Uncle William..I don't know how, you think he's trying to get me to settle here?" He asked the man slowly before he began to pace back and forth. "My father was buried here in 1790, Uncle William got turned around the age of what was it forty or so?" He continued now running his fingers along his lips in thought. For his part Iliaster merely listened knowing this was a rant that would only have time for endings at the end. "You don't think Uncle William comes back here every few decades for something do you?" He asked Iliaster this time more determinedly.

"Sir, your Uncle was a bit of a ...wild man from what I know of him." Iliaster replied. "He once owned this house but his lifestyle became so lavish that they forced him to leave, it fell into disrepair but suddenly was restored by a mysterious benefactor." He continued then turned. "I have to go and make your seat ready sire, please do come soon. Remember, you aren't fully..."

"I know what I am." He snapped at the old man his eyes narrowing as he continued to pace before slamming his hand down upon a cutting board snapping it in two. "Damn him!" Seething Janus looked at himself in the stainless steel refridgerator door and fixed his now slightly ruffled hair and took a few deep breaths before smiling and making his way out of the kitchen. He purposefully sat at a table filled with nothing but older members of the community taking up a particular seat between two older matriarchs. "Do you mind if I join you ladies?" He said politely with a bit of flirtation to his voice as he sat. It was nice to see age at times, to see what he'd never have. He could mate, he could eat, he could drink, he could get drunk, but he couldn't age, not like them anyway. His face sank slightly as he thought on it before he looked over to Contessa and smirked.

He had wanted to sit next to her, but it would have just caused her grief, for now he would take his time and enjoy this before seeing her later. Women passed by with their lures and gazes but he simply laughed it off proclaiming he was far too busy keeping up with the elderly people that surrounded him. People who looked at these young girls, so much younger and inexperienced, the same way he looked at them.

She could get her fathers friend from her mind, so even when she heard Janus speak at another table, she didn't really look up. Why had that painting looked so much like Billy? Maybe it was just her memory slipping. Maybe she just wanted closure as to why her father was killed almost fifteen years ago. She had only been what, five, so she didn't remember much. But apparently, it was quite gruesome. The police had no motive, no reason why it would have happened the way it did. They assumed her father owed money or something, but they weren't sure. The day he had died, Billy had broken the news. He had looked so sad. She remembered him sitting with her mom, and all of the sudden, her mother breaking down and crying. She never saw him after that, but she had always known he knew what happened. He came before the police had. Her mother wouldn't ever talk about what happened to him, or where he went. The whole thing was odd, like her mother was hiding something from her.

After she finished dinner, she decided she didn't really want dessert. And if she decided she did later on, she was sure she could find something. But she was never huge on sweets anyways. She did, however, grab a second glass of wine and head back out into the main foyer. She sat down on a love seat, crossing her legs while she sipped at the wine. She only sat where she did so that she could see into the dining area, and so she could see Janus. She smiled at him, slowly slipping her high heels off before tucking her feet underneath her. The wine was staining her lips slightly red, making them look fuller and even more sexy as she relaxed onto the couch. Her hair fell into her face, the girl drinking the glass slowly before smiling, a bit drunk.

After about twenty minutes, people started leaving, most of the girls her age annoyed they hadn't gotten anywhere with him. She laughed softly, her dress shift to show more of her legs as she moved a bit. One of the girls she had known from high school smiled at her, sitting down next to her before laughing.
"You're drunk."
"Not drunk, but definitely not sober. Did you have fun?"
"Yeah, Liam kept trying to get me to flirt with Mr. Blackwell, though. We're getting married in a month, and he still wanted me to try."
"Yeah, a lot of girls were."
"He seemed to like you, though."
"Maybe. He's very kind and sweet. Although, I never hear him show up."
The girl laughed, shaking her head before standing up and waving slightly.
"Well, I have to go though. I have to try on my dress in the morning."
"Well, good luck with that. Bye Alyssa."
"Bye Tess."
The girl left, and Contessa looked around slowly, wondering where Janus was. She was sure he'd end up behind her, making her jump again. Her thoughts wandered to what she was going to wear tonight, since all she had was the tight little black dress she was wearing. It didn't really matter too much, though, since when she went to bed, she'd probably just take it off to curl up in bed.

"Iliaster...wasn't...wasn't Uncle William banned a few years back for killing Saren?" He asked the old man once he had bid his guests goodbye. "I remember I was in Africa when word came that he was under review with the American council for killing one of their members in revenge." He mused before he ran his fingers along his lips. The old man for his part looked pained to answer. "Sir..it...it is not my place to...to speak on such things..your mother." Growiling Janus rounded on the much smaller man his eyes burning coals set deeply into his infuriated grimace that bore down on Iliaster. "My mother is not here old man, do not play that game." He seethed before a phone rang, just the one in the kitchen.

"I am bound to her sir...my very thoughts echo within her mind." He confessed solemnly as Janus held up a finger to silence him and picked up the phone. "Yes mother." He said without even having to wait. "So you won't give me answers." He said slowly. "I'll burn out Iliaster's eyes.." He threatened before sighing. "Yes mother I do think that would be a waste of a perfectly good servant." He said as he paced about carrying the phone no longer looking at the old man trembling in the corner of the room. "I just...but you....yes....love you too mum" He grumbled into the phone before he stood up straight and adjusted his jacket. "You're safe...for now." He said softly. "I don't like you keeping secrets...I could cut off all your limbs and have them reattached by morning...but you'd still not tell me what I needed to know." He added before he turned. "Take the night off, go do...anything to keep you out of my sight." He said in a curt clear tone. Janus took a few steps too small to have gone far but with each he simply shifted through the house and soon he was beside Tessa and looking at the last of the guests leaving the house. "Made yourself comfy I see." He simply said to her before stroking her hair idly. "Your mother is passed out in a guest bedroom, one of my maids had to change her into some bed clothes." He added.

Lowering his head he smirked his eyes staring into hers before he tilted his head. "Night staff is about to leave, Iliaster is going out, so I will have you all to myself." He said slowly. "And vice versa."

"You didn't sneak up on me this time."
She said with a smile as he came back into the room and sat down, the girl leaning her head into his hand slightly as he played with her hair. Contessa was a bit drunk, so something that she'd never do sober, such as move even closer to him, she did without a second thought when drunk. She bit her lip gently as he looked into her eyes, her eyes seemingly going even bluer right before his own. As he spoke of having her all to himself, she giggled, reaching up and twisting a piece of his hair around her finger gently.
"And what, pray tell, does that mean?"

She pulled her hair over one shoulder, reaching back and undoing her choker before setting it down onto her leg. It had been her grandmothers, and she had given it to her especially to wear for tonight. However, it made her neck itchy and was just generally bothersome.
"Janus... I mean, Mister Blackwell... where are you from? It's been driving me crazy all night. I know you aren't from around here, but your accent isn't... familiar to me at all. All I know is that... I like it."
She giggled softly, leaning her head onto his shoulder for a second before sitting up straight again. She pulled her legs out from under her, crossing them slowly as she fastened the collar around her thigh. She just didn't know where to put it at the moment. Slowly, she leaned back onto the couch again, stretching slightly which cause her back to arch before she leaned her head onto the couch, her neck once again completely exposed.
"And... what made you move to this tiny little place? It's not a big town, and it's filled with lots of.... people who aren't so classy, if you catch my drift."
She finally pulled her hand away from his hair, playing with her own for a second as she tried to push Billy from her mind. She didn't want to think about him now. She was sitting in front of the most attractive man she had ever seen, and he had some sort of interest in her. Even with her stellar body, the dorks in high school wouldn't even think about asking her out. It didn't matter how beautiful she was, she was a freak. She believed in things no one else did, things that weren't supposed to exist. Things that no one would even consider. Mythical things. She laughed at the way her thoughts were going, the girl shaking her head before biting her lip gently, and almost teasingly.

"It means I might just nibble you a bit for a light snack it I get hungry." He replied to her teasingly before he stroked his fingers down her cheek watching her eyes change color a rare trait indeed. Slipping in close he decided to ignore formalities and slipped off his suit jacket before opening his dress shirt some showing the upper expanse of his muscular chest. He smiled as he watched her bite her lip. "You seem nervous with all that lip biting and yet you get closer and closer...you wanna sit in my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas?" He asked teasingly.

He watched her behaviour, her movements, it was one that had been done over countless centuries, one of a female trying to arouse and attract a mate. He was rather impressed with how subtly she did it as he leaned in wishing to run his lips along her throat but caught himself and gave a slight laugh. "My accent is an amalgam of various places I have lived over the years, I travel every now and then, stay here or there, enjoy and try to immerse myself." He said with a slight sigh. "It seems like whole lifetimes before I leave." He added before he looked to the window and made a gesture that turned out the lights leaving them in a room only lit by rather bright moonlight. "how do you know I wasn't drawn here by fate?" He asked with a snicker. "That I chose this place...well its got history with my family." He said slowly as he looked about the room. "All of it, is quite...special." He continued before he ran his fingers along his lips in thought. "Of all the places I've been..this feels like...home." He finished his hand coming down to rest atop her thigh.

She giggled softly as he spoke of having her for a treat, the girl's eyes trailing down as he opened his shirt. Her hand moved to his collar bone, her fingers trailing over his muscular chest slowly as he moved closer.
"One couldn't help but want to be close to you, but I'm afraid telling you want I want for Christmas wouldn't be very proper, now would it?"
She teased back, watching him lean in like he was about to kiss her. He spoke of going to several places over the years but... how old was he? He only looked twenty, maybe twenty two at the oldest. How many places could he have lived in that amount of time? Sure, he could have moved a bunch with family but... oh what did it matter. He was here now, and she was smitten with it. Slowly, her other hand moved to his neck, the girl's finger tips running down it slowly as she tilted her head to the side.

"Why would fate draw you here? What would you possibly gain, besides women handing you their... undergarments and bothering you all the time? Cause it ain't gonna stop, you know? No, as long as your single, or even not married, they're gonna be all over you like... like... well... like something anyways."
Her accent got worse, and even more adorable as the alcohol started to really get into her. As he said that the place felt like home and touched her thigh, her right hand moved down on top of his, almost as if she was going to move it. But she wasn't at all. She simply ran her thumb over it gently, the hand on his neck moving to the back of it before pulling him slightly closer.
"And I have another question... although this one is more.. personal."
She laughed slightly, smiling at him before she shut her eyes, only opening them to look back up into his as she spoke.
"Of all the girls her, lots of 'em far more gorgeous than I am... why am I the one who's lucky enough to be sitting here, this close to you? I mean, what could I have possibly done in a past life to make me this incredibly lucky?"

He smiled at her response before he looked to her hand on his chest then raised it kissing her fingers softly before letting it fall once more and moving in closer. "Oh really now? Is it because you've been a naughty girl and afraid you won't get your presents?" He asked with a slight laugh before he rubbed her thigh gently then slipped his hand back from it to reach over and grab a glass of wine he'd had sitting behind him. Sipping i thoughtfully he smiled to her before teasingly blowing her a kiss. "I'm sure a lovely young lady like yourself have plenty of suitors clamoring to try and stuff your stocking." He added before he leaned back into the chair and shook his head while she spoke. "I know, I know it won't stop but its their right to try. It probably won't even stop after I do get married, no one has a sense of etiquette anymore." He continued before he leaned in. "The only girl more beautiful than you when you walked in the door, is the one sitting before me now who's relaxed and confident in her beauty. But looks aren't everything."

"Its your humility, your confidence, that sexy little accent of yours. Your scent...." He said letting it hang in the air as he drifted close inhaling her scent before his cool breath washed over her throat as he pressed to her slightly before looking up his face now an inch or so from hers. "Its many things." He said, his eyes shimmering in the moonlight and betraying him as they gave off a slight red tinge while his muscles tightened with his growing desire for her. "But." He said as he pulled back suddenly. "It would be improper of me to impose, and yourself?"

Oh man, he could do anything to her at this point and she wouldn't fight him. Wouldn't even dream of stopping him.
"I have not been naughty. Just... I don't think Santa would be able to give me... you."
She let out a soft breath as he rubbed her thigh, frowning slightly when he pulled his hand from her to sip at the wine. As he talked of suitors and boys, she laughed for a few moments, smiling before shaking her head.
"You're joking right? I've never had a boyfriend. I've never been kissed, or held hands with a boy, or done... anything... People think I'm a freak, and I mean, they're right. I am. But I wouldn't ever change that. My daddy taught me to always be who I was, and never change for anyone, and thats what I'm gonna do. And if... I never end up in love because of it, at least my daddy will be proud of me."
She blushed when he said how beautiful she was, and called her accent sexy. She giggled as she felt his breath against her neck. She leaned her head back, letting the coolness wash over her skin before she looked down into his eyes.

"You're like a wolf.... you're eyes are incredible, Janus... "
She whispered breathlessly, her voice coming off sexy and confident as she took the glass from his hand. She didn't drink it, only put it down on the table in front of her so she had his full attention. Her eyes shut as she shifted slightly, now laying her legs over his lap slightly as her hand played with his hair, also keep him close to her neck. She liked the way his breath felt on it, and after a second, she giggled and arched her back a little bit before tilting his head up as she looked down at him.
"I think you are a wolf... You keep talking about my scent like... like your... Oh gosh, I can't even think anymore. What ever it is, it's kind of... sexy..."
SHe blushed wildly as the words left her lips, Contessa slowly running her fingers over that strong jawbone before touching his lower lip with her thumb.

"If a strange man in a red suit showed up to put me in a box, I think I'd go happily if you'd be the one opening it." He said with a smirk before he leaned in brushing his lips along the flesh of her throat. He inhaled her scent and shifted his legs to hide his growing erection. She was rather good at this, he found it hard to believe she was a virgin but he'd find out eventually in time he figured. "In any case dear, they just don't know what they're missing, being unique is something to be prized in a mate." He replied to her before he leaned in stopping millimeters from her lips before he pulled back. "You've never been kissed? How sad, those lips look like they'd be great for doing just such a thing." He said to her remembering his hospitality laws about allowances and the like. He could ignore them, he could just ravage her on the couch like an animal, and a part of him cried out for him to do just that, but she was a guest in his home. He had invited her here under her assumption she would be safe.

His hands slid gently along her legs up to her thigh then back down as they entered his lap. "A wolf you say.." He said laughing at the irony of their kind being notoriously inhospitable to one another. "I do come off a bit...predatory I guess." He said before he leaned in again. "Do you want me to just eat you up?" He asked licking his lips as though to accentuate his point. She ran her fingers along his lip and he for his part suckled gently at her fingertip his lips wrapping softly about it before he released the digit and kissed along her arm up to her shoulder. His teeth grazed the side of her neck but he held himself in check his manhood now throbbing painfully between his thighs as he swam in her scent.

She inhaled sharply when his lips touched her throat, her neck obviously being a sweet spot for her. As he leaned in, she thought he was going to kiss her, so she shut her eyes and parted her lips slightly. However, he spoke again, and she knew she wasn't going to get her wish just yet. But something told her she'd get it tonight, if only that. As his hands slid up her legs, she practically purred, smiling at him as she tried to contain her emotions. She wanted to climb into his lap, beg him to kiss her and take her to bed. Beg him to let her be something to him, even for just a moment. But she couldn't do that. This was all harmless flirting, right? He didn't actually want to be with her. He'd flirt like this until he got tired, then excuse himself to bed. But half of her still thought there was a chance, and she knew completely that she had to soak up every second of this.

"Very predatory... very... sensual too though..."
She said as he suckled at her finger tip, the girl looking into his eyes as she nodded at his question.
"Y-yes.... If your a wolf, I wanna be little red ridin' hood..."
She whispered, gasping sweetly as he kissed up her arm tenderly. As his teeth grazed her neck, she couldn't help but let out a soft, sensual moan, her hand moving to the back of his head before she nestled her fingers into his hair. It was too good to be real. Thoughts of all those eighteenth century poems and novels flooded into her head, the ones about vampires seducing women and biting their necks in a fit of lust. And however oddly it sounded, she was praying he was one of them. That he'd just... bare his fangs and bite her throat before taking her to bed with him. She laughed softly, forgetting the thought as she spoke softly.
"If my lips look like they'd be so good for kissing... why haven't you... kissed me yet, Janus?"

He looked to her, and over her hearing her purring and feeling the velvet smoothness of her legs always staying away from touching her too intimately. When would she initiate, it was torture for him to play the waiting game but so long as she did not initiate he would be held back by magic far more ancient than anything she could possibly know of. As it stood he was now like a damn with a small cracks forming on its surface and soon it would burst, and he knew the poor couch beneath him would pay for it unless in his fit of lust he took her on the floor. He pondered on this briefly picking out particularly soft looking sports or trying to remember where there were studs in teh wall lest he put her through one. Snapped out of these thoughts by her voice he shook his head. "Oh but dear, wolves just gobble up things, some like to ...savor." He said before he shook his head.

"You know in the original story he ravishes her till she is worn ragged and then devours her...you know that right?" He asked her slowly before he stroked his fingers through her hair and along the back of her neck. He listened to her speak and gave a slight shake of his head before he replied. "Well dear, I'm a bit...tied..as a guest, I shouldn't take advantage..its up to you to take what you will from me." He said as he slipped off his shirt. His physique had a small scar here or there as though from various wounds which had been healing for some time but simply gave up and turned to mild scars. "In any case dear...she who dares wins....you said you wanted me...maybe christmas has come early and you just need to unwrap me."

Oh boy, she was close to begging. Close to ripping her dress off and pleading with him just to make her body stop throbbing with anticipation. As he told her about the original story, she smirked slightly, shutting her eyes and speaking as he ran his fingers through her hair softly.
"Mhmm... and why can't I be little red again?"
She asked softly, watching in awe as he took his shirt off. He was gorgeous! Her hands went to his chest, the girl running them up and down his upper body as she felt her urges getting the best of her. She shook her head, speaking softly as she moved into a standing position.
"It isn't taking advantage if... I want it..."
With that, she moved back onto the couch, this time however, she was in his lap, straddling his hips but not yet touching him. The dress had moved up even more with the way her legs were, now showing all of her smooth, silky legs as she looked into his eyes.

As he spoke of her unwrapping him, she blushed, shaking her head before leaning in and kissing his cheek gently.
"That isn't the way this works. If Christmas really did come early this year, and you're my present, you should be everything I've always wanted... meaning..."
She smiled slightly against his skin, moving back to his ear before nipping at the lobe of it. She let out a soft breath, giggling a little bit before speaking.
"Meaning... you have to do everything... to me..."
The emphasis she put on everything only meant one thing. That he had to kiss her. He had to touch her. Only then would she reciprocate. But she had an idea of relationships that were chivalrous. He had to initiate. He had to make the first move, to show he wanted to kiss her and be kissed. That he wanted to touch her and be touched. That he wanted to have her, and be had.

He looked to her as she straddled him and smirked and listened he simply listened to her. She had no clue what she was getting herself into, a few bravery glasses and she was ready to just leap into the fray. But the more she talked, the more that accent purred into his ear, the more weak his resolve became. His hangs flexed in time with her movements as he waited for it and he looked up to her. "I see, I have to do everything" He said before giving a soft chuckle. He leaned in closer and groaned as she bit his earlobe before she could continue he had her up against him and he was now standing his hand gripping her backside firmly and his other pulling her into a deep kiss. His lips were rather delicate in pressing to her's considering his strength with which he held her. His length throbbed clearly visible through his pants and only kept down by a strong inseam.

His hand had pulled their bodies together so her sex was pressed to his stomach as he held her, he could feel the heat of it through her dress as he walked with her down a hall all the while kissing her and occasionally slipping down to kiss and nip at her neck. He had been invited so now he would feast. A slight shift of his head and he was nibbling at her shoulder and up to her ear slowly. "I don't think...you know what you've gotten yourself into." He said to her breathily before he kissed his way back down his lips pattering kisses from ear down to collarbone stopping just short of her breasts when he went lower. "Also if we will go further than this you need to change your clothing I'd hate to send you home with only strips of that dress. "

Back
Top Bottom