Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Was Meant To... (Sweet Angel Jocelyn&DamningtheHeavens)

Jolene smiled at Andrew and patted his hand across the table. She looked over the menu, deciding what she was going to eat. It had been a long time since she'd eaten out anywhere very nice, though she knew that Andrew tried. After a minute, she decided what she was having and then looked back at her boyfriend. "So, tell me more about your parents, so that I know what to be cautious of."

Andrew set his menu down, his gaze meeting Jolene's beautiful eyes. "Well, they're sweet people, and not very religious, so if you want to talk about religion, don't be preachy. Though I don't see you even talking about that. My parents are both very open minded, but they want people to be very responsible." The waiter came to their table to take their order. Andrew placed his order for chicken alfredo, then looked to Jolene.

Jolene looked up when the waitress came by and after Andrew ordered, she ordered spaghetti with meat sauce. When the woman left, Jolene lifted her eyes to meet his. "You know my family is Catholic, right?" She asked him, slightly worried about what his not very religious parents would think about that. She knew plenty of people who didn't like religion who thought that Catholics were the most evil people there were. She wasn't on the boat as a 'Catholic' but still, her family was important.

Andrew chuckled and shook his head, saying "They won't care, baby. They're open minded people. They won't think your family is a bunch of evil catholics." The waitress brought a basket of garlic bread twists to the table. Andrew pulled one out and nibbled lightly on it. "What will your parents think of mine?"

Jolene laughed softly and shook her head. "Good. Because we really aren't that evil." She laughed again and took a piece of bread as well. "I'm sure they will be in awe. They always are when they get out of the swamp." She shrugged, having just shown the first sign of any dislike for her former home.

Andrew began to open his mouth to speak as the waitress delivered their order. He smiled at Jolene as the girl set their plates in front of them. As she left, Andrew said what he was trying to start earlier. "So your parents aren't really used to the city, are they? They're real bayou types, huh? I'd really like to meet them."

"You will meet them." Jolene said, picking up her fork. "I can't imagine you will be out of my life by the time that my parents come up here to visit." She said realistically. "It won't be as soon as I'm meeting your parents, apparently." She added, flashing him a smile.

Andrew loved when Jolene smiled. It was beautiful, radiant, and infectious. Her smile always drew one of his own from his lips, as well. "That's true, but I'm glad that you say that. If things go the way I want them to, we'll be in eachother's lives for a good long time, sweetheart." At that, Andrew set to work on his food, eating hungrily and with purpose.

Jolene winked at Andrew as she began to eat. If they each had there way this would be a long relationship. As she ate, the Cajun looked around the restaurant, wondering what would be next in her life. She had a great boyfriend, was going to a great school in the big city, she had great life right there. Would it change? Would she lose though things as quickly as she seemed to lose everything? She hoped that her lucky would hold up for a little while.

Andrew smiled back at Jolene, making quick work of his pasta. He ate quickly, but enjoyed every bite. The flavors of heavy cream sauce danced on his tongue and filled his stomach. Once the plate was empty, however, he wanted some of their amazing gelato. He looked at Jolene and reached his hand to hers. "I love you, baby."

Jolene finished eating at a slower pace than Andrew had, but she still managed to be done when he'd reached for her hand. "I love you, too, Sweetie." She said, smiling at him. "So, what does a place like this have for dessert?" She asked curiously, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. It was clear that she didn't go to Italian places.

Andrew smiled as Jolene told him she loved him. "They have gelato. It's Italian style ice cream. It's got a more intense flavor than American style ice cream. It's amazing stuff." He leaned down, kissing her hand. "You want to try some, baby?"

"Alright." Jolene said, giving him a wide smile and rubbing her thumb over the back of his hand. "I've never had it." She admitted, pushing her hair back. "Decide what you think I will like." She suggested, patting his hand and then releasing it.

Andrew signaled the waitress, and as she neared the table, he told her that they wanted some chocolate gelato. Shortly after, she returned with an ornate bowl filled with the thick, creamy treat. Andrew picked his spoon up and scooped a small bite of it up, then held it out to his girlfriend. "You'll love it."

Jolene looked at the gelato and thought 'it doesn't look like jello...' But she didn't say anything, simply smiled at him. When he offered her the spoon, Jolene leaned forward and parted her lips enough to take the spoon and treat into her mouth. Then, she slid back, taking the dessert with her. She swallowed and licked her lips. "Delicious." She said, offering him a seductive smile.

(So sorry for the delay.)

"Isn't it so much better than American style ice cream?" Andrew said, taking a bite for himself and moaning in satisfaction. "Amazing stuff." He slowly fed her the gelato, taking bites as well. "I love you Jolene," said Andrew as the bowl was drained of its contents. He took her hand in his and stared into her eyes. "You're so beautiful."

Jolene smiled as she ate what he fed her. "It's delicious." She told him, licking the cream from her lips. When he spoke again, she blushed and smiled. "I love you, too." She said. Then, she looked at her hand in his. "Thank you, handsome." She told him, blushing a bit more. "This was a lovely dinner." She told him.

Andrew loved the way Jolene blushed. The flushing in her cheeks made her look even cuter. He gently stroked the back of her hand with his thumb. "It was a great dinner, sweetheart. I love taking you out." The waitress arrived with their check, and Andrew took out his debit card to pay. "Want to take a walk in the park, baby?"

Jolene blushed and smiled at her boyfriend. "It was delicious." She told him. It was nice, having a boyfriend that would take her out like he was. She watched him pay and then looked at her hands. When he asked the question, she smiled. "I'd love that." She told him.

Andrew took Jolene by the hand, helping her up. He placed a gentle kiss upon her lip as she stood up, then lead her out of the restaurant, down the street. He had chosen this restaurant for another reason, it was about a block away and across the street from a park. Andrew laced his fingers with hers as the stepped into the dimly lit park. "It's a beautiful night, isn't it?"

Jolene smiled and walked with Andrew slowly. "It's gorgeous." She said, looking up at the sky. "It's too bright here, sometimes." She commented idly. "Back home, we would be able to see the stars like they were only a few feet away. I can't wait to show you someday." She told him quietly.

"Oh wow. I've never seen stars that brightly before. I'm sure it's absolutely amazing!" Andrew saw it... and he just had to do it. The swings. He chuckled and lead Jolene by the hand to the swings. "The kid in me always comes out when I see swings." He climbed into one and began swinging, faster and higher. He looked over to Jolene, a bright, almost childlike smile on his face. "I love you, Jo."

Jolene laughed as she rushed with him to the swings. She sat herself delicately on the swing beside his and pushed herself off. "I love you, too, Drew." She said, giggling at the way their date had turned. She loved it. They were able to have fun together, and that was something that mattered a great deal to her.

After a while of swinging, Andrew hopped off of the swing, and caught Jolene in his arms as she did the same. He loved the way she felt in his arms, and he didn't think he could ever get enough of her. He gazed into her eyes, his own shimmering in the dim light. He pressed his lips to hers, kissing her slowly, tenderly, and full of love.

Back
Top Bottom