Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Was Meant To... (Sweet Angel Jocelyn&DamningtheHeavens)

Jolene sat at a small table in the library that was set up on campus. The nineteen year old college sophomore was hiding out from the party going on in her dorm, mainly in her dorm room. It had been completely unexpected for the people to come in with her roommate and completely unwanted when they started playing loud music and drinking. She wasn't against that stuff, but she'd been hoping for a relatively quiet night.

At the moment, the red head was watching videos on YouTube of random things, shark attacks. She was really getting freaked out, and that wasn't really like her, most of the time. After watching one video of pictures of a giant shark called a Megladon, she was sufficiently freaked, to the point that she took out her phone to check something with her boyfriend, a boy she'd been seeing for a few weeks. "Hey, I'm at the library. Megladons are dead... Right?" She sent the message and went back to her videos, wondering for a second why she was watching them.

Andrew was laying in bed in his own dorm, listening to music. His dorm wasn't a single, but it might as well have been. His roommate only slept there once in a great while, when he wasn't at a party that night. On campus, off campus, it didn't matter. The dude would get drunk off his ass and pass out wherever he was, go to class, then party again. The party scene was NOT what Andrew was into. He was more reserved, preferred to stay in or hang out with a couple friends or someone special.

Speaking of ...

... someone special, his phone buzzed on the table beside him. He pushed some of his long brown hair away from his bright green eyes, and pressed the read text button. He laughed, shaking his head. He'd learned that Jolene did alot of things that terrified her for no reason. He replied "Well, if the path of evolution is correct, megalodons are dead, but they're now the great white. So they're just smaller. " After a moment of consideration, he added "Wanna hang out in my dorm? Steve's gone, like always :)"

The redhead's blue eyes lit up with pleasure when she saw the second half of the message from Andrew. The first one she'd recieved had actually caused a frown to crease her full lips. She hadn't liked that in essence he was telling her that Megalodon's did exist but were just called something different and were slightly smaller. She watched Shark Week, and she knew that Great Whites could actually jump out of the water for their food. And she had seen every Jaws made...

"Thanks. I'm now afraid of sharks." She sent back to him, even after she'd gotten the text back about his roommate being gone. She let him sit with that for a minute before she replied with "Be there in ten." Then, she started packing her computer back up. It took her a few minutes to get that done, then she was on her way to his dorm room which was a ways from the library.

She didn't bother knocking when she got there. The five foot three redhead simply let herself in and glared playfully at her boyfriend. "Do you like that you scared me?" She asked him, while fighting back a small smile.

The first text he got made Andrew frown a little, but hadn't Jolene ALWAYS been afraid of sharks? The second text drew a smile from his lips, however, and he sat up in anticipation that she'd soon be there. He knew she wouldn't knock, so there was no surprise when she barged into the room.

"Ooh, I'm so sorry, sweetheart." The five foot eleven frame hopped off the bed with his arms outstretched, walking toward the sweet, if eccentric, redhead. As his arms wrapped around her, Andrew gently kissed Jolene...

... on the forehead. "Will a good firm hug help?" he asked playfully, running his hands up and down her back. He knew she was playing, but he'd take any opportunity he could to hold Jolene. They'd only been dating a few weeks, but he already loved being with her. She was so different from the other girls he'd dated. And so much more interesting.

Jolene glared playfully as he kissed her forehead. "It absolutely will not." She told him, though she did lean against him, enjoying the feeling of his arms around her. She smiled slightly as she buried her face in his neck. "I want something a little more..." She pretended to think, then said "Mmm.. intimate than a hug." Of course she was talking about a simple kiss. They had yet to do anything sexual, just enjoyed kissing.

"That's all I will accept." She warned.

Andrew smiled at her demands, and at that, he ran his fingers through her hair, saying "Yes ma'am." His lips pressed gently against hers in an affectionate kiss. Chaste yet sensual. As their lips pulled away, Andrew nibbled Jolene's bottom lip playfully. "Better?" he said, playfully rubbing his nose against hers. "If you need more comforting, I could always do it again."

Jolene loved kissing Andrew, so when he gave her the chance for another kiss, the redhead pouted. "I think I may need some more comforting." she told him with a small nod. "How will I ever go swimming again?"

Fluttering her eyelashes, the woman parted her lips, awaiting maybe a more intimate kiss.

Anderw smiled as she fluttered her eyes. "Well, there are no sharks in lakes or pools," he said as he leaned in again for another kiss. With his lips parted as well, their lips met, and his tongue slid shyly into Jolene's mouth, seeking the tip of her tongue. As their tongues met, Andrew pulled his girlfriend's body against his, and swirled his tongue around hers. As they broke the kiss, he whispered "Better now?"

Jolene was taken in by the more intimate kiss and the feel of his body against hers. She always seemed to loosen considerably when he did that, it was just the reaction her body had to his. When he pulled back, the girl nodded and smiled. "All better." she confirmed. Her arms had risen and wrapped around his neck. It took them a second of slow travel before they were off of his body. "so..." she began. "what would you like to do?"

Andrew smiled and stroked her firey locks. "Let's just hang out and talk, sweety. I could listen to you speak all night." He took Jolene's hand in hers, leading her to his bed. He plopped down on it, bringing her close to him. As he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, trailing his hand down to hers and laced their fingers together, he said "So tell me about your hometown and your parents. I'd like to know more about your past."

Jolene followed Andrew down onto the bed and laid her head down. Her hair pillowed her head and then her face as she turned to look at him. "My life is boring outside of school." She told him with a shrug. "I grew up in a small town outside of New Orleans, Houma." As she said this, her Cajun drawl became slightly more apparent, showing that she was constantly hiding it as she talked. "My father is a trapper, and he does swamp tours, my mother is a woman that people call for when they need medical or spiritual help." She said, sighing as she thought about the swamps and home. She loved the swamps, they were a beautiful maze. "I went to a school with under three hundred students, only fifty were in my graduating class. Most of my friends were married by the time that school was done, some with children of their own." Her eyes searched his and she frowned, wondering what he would think of home life. He'd probably think she was some kind of backwater or back woods girl.

As Jolene recounted about her mother and father, Andrew's green eyes became filled with wonder. They almost sparkled. "Wow. Maybe you can take me there someday. I grew up in this very city. My dad's a banker an my mom's a real estate agent. Nothing interesting ever happened around here.The bayou must have been so much fun to grow up in." The last thing on his mind was her being a backwoods girl. He could never think badly of her.

Jolene was surprised by his reaction, and laughed as she saw the wonder that glowed in his eyes. "Yeah, I could take you there." She relaxed considerably and smiled. "It's beautiful. The animals are everywhere. Everything is green..." She smiled brightly. "Like your eyes." She commented, kissing his cheek. "That doesn't sound like a fun life at all. Didn't you ever go into the country? I couldn't imagine always being in the city. I'm itching to get home for break." She admitted.

Andrew blushed as she commented on his eyes. "You really like my eyes, don't you? You can never seem to take yours off of them." He playfully kissed her nose, then chuckled. "Yeah, I went to the country like... twice. Once when I was six and once when I was fourteen. I enjoyed it, but my parents and my sister were bored the whole time. Kinda killed the trip." His older sister was a bit of a drama queen. When she wasn't complaining, she wasn't talking. Unless it was about boys. She was shallow.

"I do like your eyes." Jolene confirmed. "They are really pretty." She knew guys didn't enjoy being told that any part of them were pretty, and that was a tease and a way to see what he would do. "You have a sister?" She asked curiously. "What is she like? Does she go here? Is she older or younger?" She shot the questions at him quickly, wondering happily about the boy that she was seeing.

Andrew furrowed his brow at his eyes being called "Pretty." Deep down inside, however, he enjoyed the compliment. "She's older," he began, snuggling closer to Jolene, "She dropped out of college and moved away with her loser boyfriend. She's a total drama queen and has the depth of a kiddy pool. But I love her." He rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, then kissed her cheek. "How about you? Any siblings?" he asked, his eyes closed as he leaned against her, kissing her shoulder.

Jolene listened to his description of his sister and she frowned. She knew too many of those girls, at least since she'd come to the school. They weren't so bad back in Louisiana. "No, I'm an only child." She said. "My parents barely had enough to keep me alive, it's just smart that they didn't have more." She said, sighing. "But, I liked my life. It was more free than I would think it would be here in a city."

Andrew drew his arms tighter around Jolene, snuggling her tighter against him. "Yeah. You're probably right. If you'd have grown up in the city, you'd be all boring like me," he teased, a playful tone in his voice. Then, a simple silence. Not awkward, not heavy, just a silence where no words were needed. Andrew just held her, enjoying the beating of her heart against him. After a long moment of silence, Andrew said "I'm so glad I met you, Jolene."

Jolene laughed at what Andrew said and she shook her head. "I could never be boring, darling." The girl said, letting her drawl come out more. Then, she enjoyed the silence, something that she didn't get often, unless she was with Andrew. "I'm glad you met me too, Andrew." Was her smart comment, but she flashed him a charming smile to show that she was just messing around with him. "It would be boring around here if you hadn't."

Andrew nuzzled against her neck, and kissed her softly. With his lips against the flesh of her neck, he said "Baby. You want to stay the night here? I heard there's a party in your dorm. You'll never sleep there." She hadn't stayed the night there yet, but Andrew wasn't asking her to try to sleep with her. There was the second bed in there, and it was hardly ever used. Then again, if she wanted to sleep in his arms, Andrew wouldn't protest.

Jolene smiled at Andrew and nodded once. "I like that idea." She confirmed. "I really don't want to sleep in my room, with people having sex everywhere and loud music." She sighed and closed her eyes. Not a single thought went through her mind about her sleeping in the other bed. Why would she when she was staying the night with her boyfriend?

Jolene's response drew a smile from Andrew that would have been much bigger had he not shown some restraint. "That's great! Are you hungry, babe? I can call in a pizza or some chinese." Andrew hadn't eaten, and while he knew how to cook, he wasn't really in the mood to go to the dorm pod's lounge to cook. That would require him to be out of Jolene's arms longer than he wanted to be. So when she was around, more often than not, he ordered in.

"Chinese." Jolene said with a nod. She hadn't eaten that day, and if she'd been doing anything more than laying in Andrew's bed she was sure she'd feel the affects of not eating. As it was, she was just a bit sleepy, and more than a bit content.

Andrew smiled and nodded. He shifted a little, shoving his hand between them and into his pocket to pull out his phone. He had the local chinese place on his contact list, and he had them dialed almost immediately. He ordered Jolene's usual and chicken chow mein for himself. "Well, it'll be here soon. So I'm betting you were a bit of a tomboy when you were a kid, weren't you?" He chuckled at the thought of her as a little kid. "You still would have been adorable."

Jolene laughed as soon as he made the comment. "A bit of one, I guess." The girl admitted. "I loved going out on the swamp with my father, the tours were something fun for me as well, I knew some of the channels better than my father, so I could take him to the best parts. I knew how to shoot a gun by the time I was ten. I still helped my mother with the cooking and sewing, taking care of customers at the stand. I dressed up, did my hair. The whole thing." She laughed. "What did you do for fun when you were little?"

Back
Top Bottom