Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School time woes (MarxistPanda and Unusual)

"Oh Gosh, I'm going to be so late!"
"Mali, don't worry about it, I'm sure they'll understand. Besides, it's not your fault if the bus hasn't come yet."
"This isn't how I wanted my first day to go, though!"
The dark haired girl said softly to her older sister, who was kindly standing next to her to try and make her less nervous. It was the start of her senior year, and like usual, she was in another her. Her father was constantly switching jobs or job locations, which meant that she was constantly changing schools and homes. Which honesty didn't bother Malika much at all. She was used to it by now, so whenever the news came that they had to pack up, the shy girl would run upstairs, pack her things, and get ready to leave. However, this year would bring new experiences for sure. She'd never been on a school bus, since she always had lived within five minutes of the school. Plus, she had always gone to private schools, with the whole little uniform and everything else. Now though, she was going to finish her last year of high school in a public school, which was nerve wracking. First of all, they all got to wear what they wanted, so she'd likely be the only one in a uniform(honestly, it was the only thing she was comfortable wearing to school), plus, there'd be boys, which were never in place at her old school. Finally though, the bus came, and Malika hurried onto it, sitting down next to the window and waving at her sister before they headed to school.

Malika was beautiful, in all senses of the word. She had dark, chestnut brown hair that curled and hung right to her shoulders. Big, olive green eyes that would make you just stop and stare for a moment. Her skin was sort of pale, but she certainly had that sunkissed sort of look to her. Malika certainly wasn't thin like a lot of girls, but she wasn't chubby either. She had curves, and they were in all the right places. Actually, the only thin part of her was her waist, giving her that hourglass shape that so many women desired. However, it seemed that this girl didn't really know what she looked like, since she didn't try to show it off. She was in a white, short sleeved dress shirt, with a red sweater vest pulled over it that clung to her chest like a second skin. Her skirt was red as well, and it went down to her knees. She hadn't gone all out though with the uniform, wearing short white socks instead of the normal knee high ones. And last but not least, Mary Janes with a slight heel on them with made the somewhat shorter girl(she was only five four) about two inches taller. Once the bus arrived at the school, she practically ran off of it, hurrying inside and into her homeroom, where the whole class was already there. At least, it looked like the whole class. She had no idea if there were more people, but already it was huge.

Axel was late to home room, of course. There was no real reason behind it, he just didn’t want to get this year started, or have anything to do with school any more for that matter. At least it was the last. His seat was the only one not claimed, making it easy to find where he was assigned to sit. Slowly, he walked to the empty desk beside Malika and set his old gray messenger back down on the scared wood. As he sat down he smiled at her slightly. She was cute, for sure. The school girl look was different, though. Different in that most girls that wore it did so to be alternative. Such girls had tattoos and piercings and dyed hair. He could tell, however that this girl wore the look because she was comfortable in it, despite how uncomfortable she looked at the moment.

He leaned over so she could hear him over the other conversations, “You’re new, huh?” He smiled, trying to be a friendly as he could. Despite his alternative look, he was a nice guy. Today he wore a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows and a pair of black skinny jeans that hugged his muscular legs, accenting the contours of the muscles. He was a runner, after all. His hair was black and short, but spiked and messy on his head. He had bright green eyes that fit his pale but strongly featured face.

Malika glanced up as someone else entered the room, looking at the man for a moment before looking back down at her schedule. However, she looked right back up, her already big, doe like eyes even wider. Sure, she had never gone to school with a boy before, but that wasn't why she looked so shocked. It was because he didn't look like any of the catholic school boys she had ever seen. It was interesting, and it sure had her intrigued. She watched as he walked over and sat next to her, the girl crossing her legs and sitting up straighter before looking down at her schedule again. She wanted to memorize it so she didn't have to stop in the middle of a busy hall way. However, as she heard him speak to her, she looked over at him, her olive colored eyes looking into his before she nodded.

"Yes. I'm Malika Williams. I must... look really weird to you, huh? I went to Catholic school my whole life so I didn't really... know what to wear. I didn't want to look like a freak, but I think I managed to do that anyways. And I'm rambling... I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous."
She blushed slightly, tucking her hair behind her ears gently before coughing softly. The bell rang, a sound she was not normally used to, so Malika jumped slightly as she gasped, looking up quickly before taking a deep breath.
"Does that... always happen between classes? Or just in the morning?"

Wow, she really was new. And really cute. He couldn’t help but smile at the way she talked. “My name’s Axel, and you don’t look weird at all, love,” he gave her a smile. He called all of his female friends ‘love’ The ones he cared for the most anyway. “Don’t be nervous. Hey, I tell you what. Why don’t I show you around to your classes, huh? I know this school like the back of my hand.” He smiled to her again. Maybe he was going out of his way to be helpful to this girl, and he hoped that he wouldn’t come off as some kind of creep or something. She was just so…adorable, he couldn’t let her get swallowed up in the hallways and be late to her classes. That wasn’t a very good first impression to make. And besides; he was new here at one point, and everyone treated him like shit just because of the way he dressed. He didn’t want that to happen to her.

Whenever the bell rang and she jumped, he touched her arm gently, “Haha, yeah it does. Sometimes you won’t even hear it and sometimes you’ll be waiting for it so badly that it rings through your mind like the song of angels. Can I see your schedule?” he asked, and held out his hand for it. If she gave it to him he would scan it over for a quick moment and moved out of his seat. “Follow me,” he said with a grin, and grabbed his bag. The halls would seem like chaos compared to the schools she was use to. But Axel made sure she stayed close, and in no time, he had her to her first period class.

“Here you go! Hey, if you want, wait for me after class and we’ll continue the tour. See you in forty five minutes!” He gave her a wink and walked off.

"Axel..."
She muttered softly, in an attempt to remember his name. Mali liked this boy. He was different. And nice. Not at all like what she expected him to be like. When he offered to show her around, she smiled brilliantly and handed him the schedule. It was nice to know that at least someone would be kind to her and help her figure out how to go about this place. At her old schools, they sat in one room all day, and had different Nuns come in and teach them. Sure, they did math and science, but they also had bible study and such. Not that the girl was hugely religious. It was her father that pushed to put her in those schools so she wouldn't go down the same path her sister did. Not that her sister was bad, but she had started dating around sixteen, and they weren't the nice, church going boys. They were the rocker type, with their loud music and parties that her father wasn't all that fond of.

THe class went by so fast, that when the bell rang, she could barely contain a squeak of nervousness. She got up, picking her books up and clutching them to her chest before starting to make it out of the classroom. A few boys were looking at her, and it wasn't innocent, she knew that much. But exactly what their intentions were, she wasn't positive. She headed from the room, reaching for her schedule and.... Oh gosh, her schedule! Axel must have held onto it. But where was he going to be? Was he coming back? Oh gosh, her heart was pounding a mile a minute at the thought of being late.

"Hey sweetness."
"I beg your pardon?"
The girl looked up, some jock type grinning creepily at her. Her eyes widened, Malika backing up against the wall nervously as she tucked her hair behind her ears.
"Want some help to class, pretty lady?"
"No thank you. Someone is coming to help me. Please leave now."
She practically whimpered, hugging her books tightly as her curly hair fell into her face.

Axel had to walk across the school and go up the stares to get from his class to hers, so it was a bit of a trip back. But whenever he walked around the corner he saw the boys standing in front of Mal. That couldn't be any good. He slung his gab further behind his back and walked quickly up to them, his shoulder coming to touch Mal's. She looked petrified, the poor thing. He reached out slightly, and moved his arm around the small of her back, easing her to the side and out from against the wall, “Come on, Mal, we don't want to be late, love.” he spoke to Mal, but his bright eyes were staring right at the biggest of the jocks. Obviously the leader of the small troop.

She jumped slightly as he shoulder touched hers, the girl smiling as he wrapped his arm around her. He pulled her away, and she instinctively leaned her head onto his shoulder as they walked. She had a huge grin on her face, the girl putting her hand on hiss stomach for a moment before pulling away. In the middle of the hallway though, she stopped, making him stop as well before looking up into his eyes.
"Thank you for helping me back there."

Malika was quite sweet, as was apparent when she leaned up and kissed cheek gently. She then started walking again, giggling softly as she blushed slightly. She couldn't believe she had done that, but it was just an innocent kiss, right? I mean, he didn't like her like that, they had just met. But still, she did think he was awfully cute.
"Axel, come on! I don't know where I'm going."
She continued to walk as she spoke, her full hips swaying slightly as she walked.

Back
Top Bottom