Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unturned Stone (Rage and Candira)

RE: Unturned Stone (rage0976 and Candira)

V smiled, her band mates coming to the rescue of the new girl. She would have offered a place in her apartment if she couldn't afford her new place anymore, but why do that when two of three guys had offered perfectly viable solutions. She simply watched, amused at how both Zeke and Chance seemed to be tripping over themselves to help her out. Chuckling, she drank more lemonade.

"Well, I'll have to think about it. After all, I don't know much about either of you on a personal level--like how clean you are, what your habits and work hours are like, etc. And as promising as Chance's offer sounds, and as tempting as it would be to take him up on it...I can't screw my roommates out of the place we have now. I dunno..." She frowned in thought. If she could actually get Zeke to move in with her...it might rock on a lot of levels. Not to mention her not having to work tonight.

"Well, there's only 2 of us right now. It's a 3 bedroom apartment, and the rent when it's full is only about 250 plus utilities and cable. Honestly, If you would move in it would be a huge help. But like I said, it's something you might want to think about."

"I'll do it," Zeke said without hesitation. "Seriously, I'm stuck at my folks' place right now, and not a nice guest house like Chance here, but the basement! I need to get out, but I haven't been able to find roommates. You're a Godsend in more ways than one!" He laughed as he downed half of his beer. "And you'll hardly notice I'm there. Promise."

Chance sipped his own drink, giving a nod as Zeke spoke. "Then it sounds like you two might have found more than just band mates here. And the guest house thing was really an offer for later, after we see how well we can all get along." He took another drink and sunk into the couch a bit more.

Ash actually smiled a bit as the conversation, finishing his drink and this time getting up to get the next round for everyone. "Alright, so let's celebrate. Private studio party tonight. Band members only." Apparently he had gotten enough alcohol in his system to offset his sour mood a bit.

Roxxi smiled and nodded. "Well, if that's the case, I need to make a few phone calls about the apartment--roommates, landlords, and all that jazz. If all goes well, you should be able to jump onto our lease for this next month. And then I have to call into work and beg them to give my hours to someone else." That said, the pretty redhead walked over to her purse and got her phone out, smiling when Ash suggested a party after all.

"Well, I guess I will be staying then." She laughed and then headed to where she could get more reception. When she was gone V got up and stretched, heading to the fridge to see what the food situation was.

The little drummer girl bumped Zeke's hip with hers on her way by. "Well you move fast," she teased. Noting that there wasn't a lot of food in the fridge she sighed. "Okay, who's coming with me to get munchies for this party?" she asked loudly.

Zeke gave V an innocent smirk, or at least he attempted to look innocent, shrugging his shoulders a bit. He raised his bottle to take another drink, savoring it for a moment. At least they had plenty of beer and hard lemonade. Munchies did sound pretty good though. He thought about it for a moment then looked to Chance. "Hey, why don't you go with her? Hell, she's pretty much eyeballed you from the moment you walked in, so I bet she'd just love to get you alone for a while."\

Chance blinked, looking to Zeke, turning his beer up for a moment to empty half the bottle before lowering it once more. "Really?" If she had been looking at him, he hadn't noticed. It was likely Zeke was just yanking his chain a bit though. Zeke just made some lewd motions toward V as he gave Chance a wink, then he tensed a bit, preparing for the assault that was likely to follow from their feisty drummer.

Ash, in the meantime, simply listened with amusement as he downed the rest of his own bottle, grabbing the other he had gotten out to save himself an extra trip to the fridge. He was already feeling pretty good from having had a few drinks, and a few more in would make him even better. At least nicer maybe.

"Psh, not anymore than you've been eyeballing the new girl," she said, lifting her leg to deliver what looked like a painful roundhouse kick to Zeke's ass. Really though, it would only sting for a little bit. "Don't go getting his hopes up when you can't even climb up that tree, hun." She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "That's not to say you can't come with if you want. But seriously, I need to know who's coming with because I'm leaving now. Need munchies and I need more lemonade." That said, she put on a party smile and grabbed her keys. Since her drinks were only 5% alcohol, she didn't even have a buzz. "Coming, Roxxi? Or do you wanna stay here? Ash?"

Roxxi laughed and shook her head. "No thanks, I'll stay here. I have to get some calls made ASAP. Pick up some Little Debbie's and I'll be happy with whatever else you get." She smiled and decided that she liked V's spirit, and hoped that they would become good friends.

Ash just shook his head at V, holding his beer high as if to say he wasn't going anywhere except to the fridge for his next one. Zeke laughed a bit, glad to see his friend was seeming to be in better spirits now, though it was kind of sad that it took several drinks to get him there. Taking a pull from his own bottle, he looked to V for a moment, simply smirking at her. "You kick like a girl..."

Chance laughed before finishing his current bottle off, standing, seeming to be able to walk straight still as he gave a light shrug. "I'll go with you V. I hate making snack runs alone too." He tossed his bottle and walked toward her, leaning on the wall beside her as he gave his trademark charming smile, tilting his head slightly. "Just say when...if you don't mind me tagging along that is."

V rolled her eyes. "More like a man than you," she said, sticking her tongue out at Zeke. Boys were so dumb sometimes. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow at Ash. "Alright, suit yourself. C'mon, Chance. I'm going now, so follow me." She smiled and then waved before spreading her arms and making airplane noises as she made her way to the door at something of a trot. When she finally got there, she bounced outside and then hit the unlock button before climbing into her tiny Ford Focus. "Alright, I need you to be the boy voice in all this because more than likely I'm not going to be able to get EVERYTHING boys eat."

That said, she put her seat belt on and cranked up her Cartel CD before pulling out and heading to the closest store.

Roxxi finished up her phone call with her remaining roommate and got the green light for Zeke before she called the landlord and made the arrangements. It would take about a week for everything to be processed, but if everything about him checked out, he'd be in. All he needed to do was make a call in and set up an appointment.

"Okay, Zeke, looks like you're on the fast road to becoming one of my roomies. I need you to call into the property manager though. Set up an appointment and such." That said, she gave him the number and made a call to her boss, who happily gave her hours to someone else. That said, she was free to hang up her phone and go back to her unopened beer.

"So...what's up?" she asked, smiling at the remaining two.

Chance followed V out with a laugh, getting in the car as she unlocked it, looking at her as he put his seatbelt on and she started the vehicle. Propping his arm on the door, he watched her curiously, giving an amused grin as she spoke. "Not a problem. I'll make sure we get everything that keeps a guy going." He was already starting to like this girl, so full of life and playful. It was nice. This was definitely going to be an interesting situation to say the least.

Ash and Zeke both looked to Roxxi as she spoke, the former giving a nod as she gave him the details about moving in. "No worries. I'll make sure to get the number from you and give a call. I have a clean record, so it should be fine." He then went to the fridge to get a few more bottles, tossing them each one and coming up with one of his own.

Ash finished the one he had and went about starting on the new one, letting his eyes trail briefly to Roxxi. They had both paused to watch her for a moment it seemed, impressed and intrigued by the girl. And the fact that she was definitely easy on the eyes didn't hurt things any either.

Zeke shrugged at her question, giving her a wink. "Dunno, but that bottle better be up soon. You've got some catching up to do." Turning up his own beer, he downed about a quarter before lowering it and giving her a cheeky grin while Ash watched her from the side.

"Psh, it's not a race boys," she rolled her eyes and watched the two of them. "I mean, what's the fun in drinking if you can't just enjoy what you're drinking?" She shrugged and made herself comfy in her chair yawning a little. The fact that she was being checked out almost constantly seemed to either escape her attention or not bother her. "So what is your plan for this awesome studio party?" she asked, smiling, hoping to get their minds off of drinking for a few minutes. Seeing how quickly Ash was putting drinks away made her worry a little. Then again, he was easily the biggest guy there, so she probably shouldn't worry too much--beer wouldn't affect him as quickly as everyone else.

V smirked at his response and thought of a particularly dirty joke. She shook her head--she really needed to stop hanging out with Zeke so much. Once they were at the store, she parked relatively close to the doors and then popped out of the car like a spring and shut the door, her purse in hand. When Chance was out she locked the doors and started to head for the doors. "So chips and salsa is a given. Are we thinking pizza? Or should we opt for a more creative solution to our hunger needs....like Chinese. Or burritos?" She wondered aloud as she headed for the snack aisle. On her way she grabbed two boxes of zebra cakes for Roxxi and others who planned to share.

"Get naked!" Zeke jumped up and did a playful dance, throwing his hands out and gyrating his hips playfully as he laughed, having some fun as he responded to Roxxi's question. Ash even had to smile a bit at the display. Zeke was always the clown of the bunch, but that's what made him the best person to talk to sometimes. He was always able to make someone smile.

The big guy even spoke up, looking between the two for a moment. "Maybe her...you...not so much." Ash smirked as he took another drink, this one a bit slower and taking less than he had previously been, apparently having caught her look of concern moments before.

"Pizza would be fine," Chance responded to V as they had entered the store. "In the end, pizza is a man's best friend. Well, other than titties and beer." He winked playfully as he joked with her, quoting the classic song and deciding not to say what came to mind originally when she had suggested something more creative to eat. After all, she was probably sick of guys hitting on her all the time. No need to have himself categorized with all the rest of them.P

ushing the thoughts to the back of his mind, he went about helping find some more snacks, grabbing a case of soda as well, not being a fan of eating while drinking alcohol.

"Har har, very funny, Chance." She rolled her eyes and continued walking, wondering if he really was into her or just making jokes. From the way he'd practically had a heart attack at Zeke's suggestion she'd been eying him up, it was pretty obvious he liked the idea. V tossed a myriad of different things into the cart: several different dips and kinds of chips, materials for s'mores (who doesn't love a good s'more?), a box of cookies that looked too good to pass up popcorn, and several other unhealthy goodies.

When she figured they had enough, she asked, "Okay, the problem with pizza is getting one that everyone likes. So...I charge you with calling Zeke and making him ask what everybody wants. Tell him to make a list and text it to you and I will order something." She wasn't worried about the price--she'd be charging everyone their fair share in the future, but she had a pretty cushy that paid more than enough to excuse a splurge like this.

Roxxi laughed and took another sip of her beer. She liked his spirit, but he was a little hyper for her tastes. Then again, he was in a room with a pretty girl that he was pretty much roommates with. Ash's comment caught her by surprise, but she laughed at that too, a little relieved that he was at least slowing down with his intake. "Sorry, but I only get naked for naked twister, and I don't go there on the first practice," she teased.

Chance nodded and took out his phone, scrolling to Zeke's number and giving him a call. As he stepped away from V to discuss the pizza while Zeke got the opinions of the others. He found himself watching her a bit when he thought she didn't see him, having to admire the girl. She was already easy on the eyes, and her personality made her even more attractive.

Zeke gave Roxxi a dejected look, mocking disappointment before cheering up and taking a pull from his bottle. "Okay then, naked twister scheduled for the end of next practice." He winked, about to say something else when his phone rang. Holding a finger up to them, he answered, walking around a bit as he spoke to Chance about the pizza. Pulling the phone down for a moment, he looked to the other two. "Chance and V want orders for pizza. I'm good with pepperoni."

"Pepperoni works for me," Ash chimed in, giving a slight nod and looking to Roxxi as he took another drink.

Roxxi laughed at Zeke's comment and shook her head. It was pretty clear he wasn't going to be easy to be around some nights unless she managed to keep her mouth shut. Still, she liked his snappy comebacks, and his flirty ways. It was interesting to see him at work. She could tell he wanted to say more, but they were spared by the cellphone.

When asked about the pizza, she nodded. "Pepperoni is always a pretty decent stand by, but if there's any chance of getting a taco pizza, I'm all for that," she said with a smile.

V bounced around a little as she waited, her body always seeming to find another rhythm or beat to dance to. She grinned at a little boy who walked by, headed for the ice cream freezer. When he couldn't quite reach what he wanted, she nonchalantly strolled over and picked out what he wanted pretending to put it into her cart before looking down at him.

He had his finger in his mouth, looking up at her with adorable eyes. She raised an eyebrow and then smiled at him, pulling down another box for him. He grinned and took it from her shouting his thanks as he ran off. She chuckled and put the frozen treat back before she walked back over to chance, cart in hand.

"Got the list yet?"

Chance held up a hand to signal V to wait a second, then closed it with a grin. "Pepperoni. And something about tacos in the background, but they all seemed to agree on pepperoni." He put his phone away, moving to take the cart for her. "Okay, so let's get this stuff back...unless you just wanna take our time. We can do that too." He really wasn't in a hurry, enjoying her company quite a bit as they made their way to the check out counter.

Zeke hung up his phone and looked to the other two. "Alright, food's on the way, still got plenty of beer...now we need a party game." Zeke scratched his chin thoughtfully for several moments as he pondered over it for a minute.

Ash finished his current beer and tossed the bottle from his seat, nailing the garbage can with a smirk. "Truth or Dare. Always a good icebreaker, and helps you get to know someone and get an idea of their personality..."

V chuckled at her bandmate's go-with-the-flow attitude. She suspected it had something to do with the fact that he was hanging out with a beautiful girl and she was buying food with him. "I'm gonna order two large pizzas. I know what the taco thing is about, and I'm actually pretty stoked to get my hands on one now." So she quickly pulled out her phone, ordered and decided they could beat the pizza guy. And if they didn't, someone else could pay.

"Alright. Let's get back to the party," she said with a laugh. That said, they hit the checkout and managed to fit their purchases into only three bags. V practically skipped on her way back to the car and gently put the groceries in her trunk. "Ready?" she asked, smiling at him.

Roxxi smiled at the idea of food coming their way. She was starting to get hungry. She watched Zeke ponder party games before she was distracted by Ash. Truth or dare? She was tempted to ask if they were in junior high, but thought better of it. After all...it wasn't a bad idea. She was surprised nobody brought up Twister, though that issue had already been resolved.

"Hmmm, well, I have DDR back at my place, but that doesn't really help us now," she said with a chuckle. "Truth or dare works. We could play a drinking game. Maybe some cards."

As Chance helped V put the groceries in the trunk, he looked at her and nodded in response to her question. "Let's go." He climbed into the car, fastening his seat belt before looking to her as he closed his door. "So we need to figure out what to do with the rest of the night once we eat. Some games to play maybe? Hell, I dunno, some kind of drinking game, or cards, or something."

Zeke nodded at both suggestions as he moved to get everyone another round. "Some poker or a drinking game both sound good. Maybe even a drinking card game." He tossed the other two a bottle each and opened his own with a smile. "Plus we have video games and a huge TV up in the loft area. And some beds too so nobody has to worry about trying to drive."

Ash nodded his agreement as he caught his drink and opened it. "We made sure this place was set for those nights when everyone had a little too much to drink and such." Raising the bottle to his lips for a sip, he glanced over to Roxxi for a moment, looking her over briefly before turning his eyes back to Zeke. "We'll figure it out when the others get back."

V blinked and looked over at Chance for a minute, seemingly stuck in thought. "Hmmm... an excellent proposition. I'd say we could play Quelf, but I don't have it with me and I'm really wanting to get back to the party right away. Hmmm, I'm sure we'll think of something when we get back." She flashed him a brilliant smile and nodded. "Let's get going." That said, she put her car in gear and then headed out.
_________

Roxxi caught Ash checking her out again and chuckled. "Really, you're gonna have to slow down with the rounds. I can't drink that fast," she said with a chuckle. "Besides, if we're going to play a drinking game, we should try to store up a little for that."

That said, the pretty keyboardist got up and stretched a little, setting her beers down. "So...bathroom?" she asked, looking around the huge space.

Chance chuckled a bit, giving a shrug of his shoulders as he watched V while she drove, being a person who preferred to look at someone he was talking to. "I'm sure we can come up with something. Maybe we can play strip poker!" He gave her a cheeky grin, obviously joking, though the idea didn't sound so bad. It made a nice ice breaker sometimes.

Ash simply raised his beer in toast to Roxxi's teasing, then promptly took another drink. "I am goin' easy there Red." Giving her a wink, he stood and walked to the couch, plopping down onto it and laying out with one foot hanging off and the other propped on the seat.

Zeke quickly looked to her and responded as she asked about the bathroom, pointing it out to her as he spoke. "Right that way." Beneath the upstairs lounge were two doors marked for men and women. It had been a warehouse at one time, after all, so had separate bathrooms. Zeke then moved to have a seat after pointing her to them, waiting patiently for the others to get back and the pizza to arrive as he shuffled the deck of cards he had taken out of his pocket to pass the time.

"Thanks. I'll be right back." That said, Roxxi headed off toward the bathroom. She smiled as she thought of Ash loosening up a little. It was a little sad that he needed alcohol to take some of the edge off, but not everyone could be happy all the time. His usage of the nickname "Red" somehow made her feel a little sexier than she really was. She liked it. Chuckling at the idea, she stepped into the bathroom, glad to see that they'd done a little work in there as well. It was very clean and had its own sitting area. The furniture looked comfy, but it was pretty obvious that it was second hand. Not that she minded. It just gave the space more character. Clearly, they cared. The stalls, however, did remain in place.

A few moments later, Roxxi returned to the group and sat down next to Ash, taking up her beer just as the doorbell rang with the pizzas.

V chuckled at the suggestion, not really taking him seriously. "Yeah, okay sparky. I'll watch you and the boys play," she said. "Maybe we'll play regular poker though." She chuckled and then pulled up just as the pizza guy was leaving. "Well, perfect timing. C'mon, let's get back inside. Grab some bags and I'll join you in a second." She popped the trunk and then got out, locking the doors once he was out as well.

She grabbed her fair share of the bags and rushed up to the door, practically kicking it open. "I come bearing food!"

Chance was in the door right behind V, bearing the rest of the bags as they took them to the table. Turning around once his arms were clear, he waved the others away and went to the pizza guy, giving him more than enough for the food and a nice tip as he took the pizza from him. Kicking the door closed as the guy left, he took the pies to the table and set them down. "Alright, dig in folks." Grabbing a plate and a couple of slices, he grabbed a soft drink to wash it down as he took a seat, not liking alcohol with his food.

Zeke and Ash were on the food in a heartbeat, each grabbing some pizza and whatever else they could get into their arms. By the time they had managed to get themselves seated and eating, they had piles of snacks between the two of them, particularly Ash.

As everyone ate and talked, Chance brought up the subject of games once more. "Okay, so we figure out what we're doing?" Zeke swallowed a bite and smiled. "Well, we narrowed it to truth or dare, poker, or a drinking game. Or maybe some combo of those. Or we can just go play video games and watch porn in the lounge." He smirked and took another bite, Ash and Chance both laughing a bit at his suggestion.

V kicked Zeke in the ass as she walked by with her plate of taco pizza, chips and a few little cups of dip. She took a seat with another hard lemonade and shot the other two a look of playful contempt. How she managed it was something in and of itself.

"Hmmm, I kinda like the truth or dare idea for a little while. At least. We can combine or progress as we go. Who wants tune-age?" she asked.

Roxxi just chuckled and took a few slices of taco pizza, chips and salsa with her little debbie cakes and took a seat next to Ash, her beer close by. She sat with him and munched away, having not realized how hungry she was from earlier. Besides, she didn't want to get plastered.

"Truth or Dare sounds fun." Chance offered up a smile in between bites as he nodded in agreement with V. The other two guys seemed to agree as well as they nodded and stuffed food down their throats. Ash glanced to Roxxi briefly, giving her a bit of a smirk before he returned to shoving pizza in his mouth.

As they ate, the conversation carried on, and finally a short while later the guys were sitting around patting their stomachs, having stuffed themselves pretty well except for Chance, who had only eaten enough to take the edge off. Standing and stretching, he looked at the others with a smirk. "So, down here or in the lounge?"

Roxxi and V had eaten slowly, and much less than the boys, but they were stuffed, so that meant more food for them. The two of them had chatted a lot that night, and by this time were becoming good friends. They sat with a plate full of snacks each and watched the stuffed ones.

Chuckling V said, "Why move? Besides, I'm a little worried about what might happen if we did. You guys look like you just need to sit awhile longer. Besides, we can always move to the lounge later on."

Roxxi agreed. "Besides, this way, we don't have to clean up as much."

Ash and Zeke both nodded their agreement to the statement, too full to want to move anywhere as they each pushed away from the table and somehow made it to the small lounge area over by the equipment, happy not to have to try and make it to the main lounge upstairs. Each of them took a seat in one of the bigger chairs, beer in hand, and sank into the seats to take a long pull from the bottles.

Chance laughed and stood, walking to the couch and sitting in the middle of it as his arms rested on the back, having less food in him and therefore a bit more freedom of movement. "Okay, so here works fine. Rules?"

Zeke spoke up at the question. "Here's how we usually play. If you take a truth and don't want to answer the question, you can choose a dare instead, but can't back out on that once you swap. Same goes for dare. If you don't want to take the dare, then you can go for truth, but you have to tell it. Otherwise, the rules are normal." He shrugged and took another sip of his beer as he looked around. "Everyone clear on that?"

Chance nodded, as did Ash, who was already familiar with this set of rules anyway. Looking around at everyone, there was only one more question, which was once again voiced by the singer. "Then who's first?"

V took a seat on the couch, certainly unafraid of invading Chance's space, and curled up a little like a cat might, resting against the arm. Still, there was room for another person to sit. Roxxi took a seat next to him as well, just to keep things even and semi-circular. Besides, it wasn't like she could sit next to anyone else.

V smiled at the question and looked at him. "Why not you, newbie? We'll go counter clockwise, yes?" Roxxi agreed, even though that meant she would have to go next. She was satisfied with her amount of liquid courage, and anyway, it was nothing they wouldn't have found out otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom