Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

Supernova
Another day, another day closer to his knees being shattered. Ralin owed a shadow broker roughly thousand gold coins, give or take. Given that even the rarest gem in all of Azerila is only worth roughly three hundred and fifty coins. Some may ask what he did to do be do get into so much debt with some 'shadow broker'. Rumors spoke of the male being courageous, stealing rare gems, fabrics, animals from the broker. Other rumors suggest him taking the broker's pinky finger. None of which were true, the ones far and few in between were very humorous if you ever got to hear them.

Truth was, Ralin simply had a bad problem with his tongue. Getting himself into situations that weren't necessarily great in the end; for him or a party he is with. His mouth shot off too quickly before the male had completely thought over an statement. Like this time in Karuboo, he was gambling with four gang leaders. In an attempt to make a joke about their current topic, Ralin shouted off at the mouth with the male sleeping with a gang leader's sister. Yeah, that didn't go down too well. His sister just so happened to be raped and murdered the day previous. All in all, Ralin was barred from Karuboo.

"Hurry up and get into a crowd, woman..."

Ralin's eyes were locked onto a female who dressed, from what it looked like, rare silks. Which meant she was either; a Mage, ones who dressed in fine fabrics to distinguish themselves from the population, or they were simply very rich. Either way, both options, the male would find a way to get into her satchel and take something.

Scratching at the stubbles on his chin, dark blue orbs locked onto the female's figure. Tunnel visioning her throughout the crowd. A light breath passing through his lips, he needed a bigger crowd to work his magic. Pulling the dark black hood of his head, attempting to conceal his face from everyone. The shadow broker had reach all over, chances of someone working for the broker were very high in this town of Taki. Chances of them knowing about Ralin were also very high.

RE: One Wrong Turn // Relix&NightDagger

Kya was indeed a magess of rather impressive standing as far as female mages went. At only 23 years of age she was a mistress of illusions and fire. The combination was unusual given how the two classes tended to oppose one another. If one worked with illusions they usually worked with darkness, not the source of light. Her hair was a soft almost white blonde and fell in a thick braid down her back stopping at the curve of her backside. The silks were a mix of red, blues, blacks and violets, mages were known for their color after all.

She'd come to Taki to speak with an old friend, a potion maker about a way to sort of bottle her more powerful illusions. The ones that often drained her power in a matter of minutes. Up until now she'd been walking along the sidewalk most people giving her a wide birth, cautious of magic users even after they'd done so much to keep humanity afloat. However gradually she merged into the crowd her silks like a bright beacon tempting any thief that she passed by.

She turned left onto the main market street where the people seemed packed together like cargo. Kya easily weaved through them side stepping several carts as she made her way to the potion maker's store. Her almost electric violet eyes were constantly aware moving quickly if anyone so much as took a step towards her. How she remained unaware of Ralin would later come to haunt her. On her right hip her satchel sat made of fine leather containing most of her valuables.

Ralin turned his attention toward the up coming crowd, a smirk appearing on his face. The man was at this whole being a thief business for seven years, since he was 17. Being 24 now, he had gotten fairly good at being able to be undetected by the target he was pickpocketing. Taking a few steps forward, his form being sucked up into the oncoming crowd. Moving through the crowd with relative ease, keeping his attention locked on the target. Grin wide on his face.

The male's left hand searched through her satchel subtly, absolutely zero attention toward him from the girl as she moved with the crowd. Clutching something in her bag, the texture seemingly something very, very worth while for him to sell. Feeling a shoulder ram into his left, "Hey!" The voice from the person who bumped into him called, causing him to drop his item that he had picked up. Shit! The male thought to himself, frantically scavenging through her bag once more. Picking up something, anything, before he took off back the way he came, everyone was alerted of the thief's presence. No use trying to be stealthy about his actions.

Ralin looked over his shoulder, running into people as he prayed the female wasn't following him. Dipping into an alley in hopes he had a small little opportunity to get onto the roof tops and travel the city by there.

"Fuck..... dead end."

Why that little! Her eyes flashed dangerously when she heard the calls of Thief. Not to mention the second time she'd felt him rummaging through her satchel. She looked around frantically trying to locate him and when she could not, she tugged on the locater spell all her valuables were instilled with. It was almost as though an invisible string pulled her towards where he stood blocked by the dead end he'd unwittingly run into. Taking a deep breath she approached him slowly using a simple spell that let her become one with the mid-morning shadows in the alley.

Kya sprung up about three feet in front of him a scowl on her face and her fingers practically sparking in anger. "Give it back." she said her voice disarmingly young and innocent sounding despite her very obvious adult body. What he'd taken was nothing more then a small brooch worth much less then the portal stone he'd almost snatched in the first place. It was a small golden flower that had a single sapphire in the middle. The stone was so small it was practically worthless but it had a lot of sentimental value. She could've easily replaced the portal stone, they were simple enough to make. But that brooch had been a gift from her now dead teacher when she first started training.

"If you place that brooch in my hand right now, I will not report you nor will I burn the eyebrows off your handsome face. You have my word, but the window for me to keep my word is small." she held out her hand in front of her, the delicate appendage having nothing more then a jeweled bangle and a small silver ring on it. Aside from the silk she really didn't wear anything of value on her person. All of it was kept in the satchel he'd been rummaging through.

Ralin looked around the alley after missing his small little window of opportunity to get to the roofs, he was trapped. With the mage behind him howling about giving back her little memento. Looking down to his hand, Ralin's face looked disgusted, "You got to be kidding me ... I grab this piece of crap?" The male murmured lightly to himself, shaking his head a bit. Turning his head just a bit to look at the girl from the corner of his eye, 'nor will I burn the eyebrows off'. So, she was a mage. Assumed so. Rich folk wouldn't wander the slums so carefree as this woman did, with her satchel so loosely on her hip at that.

Looking back down to his hand, the memento bringing a sick grin to his face. Shrugging lightly, "Report me, by all means. You realize that it will only be reported to the Shadow Broker, one who wouldn't hurt his most valued customer." Remember that little thing about how his tongue got him into trouble, yeah. This was one of those moments. Turning to face the girl, back to the dead end. Tilting his head to the right slightly, "How much are you willing to ... pay to get this little brooch back?" The male chimed lightly, sick smirk resting on his face. "It looks worth nothing, maybe little sentimental value. So," The male spoke, shrugging once more. "You'd obviously would be willing to pay, no? Least if you burn any part on my body, who knows what I might do? Potentially clutch my fingers to my palm, crumbling this little item to nothing."

Shrugging lightly, "But, I guess that is just the 'wait and see' game, huh?" The smirk rarely faded when it graced his lips, usually got flowing with contradictions after contradictions. Lies after lies. Boasts after boasts. In this case, it started with him being friends with the Shadow Broker. If he wasn't so interested in getting paid, he would be able to tell that his gut feeling warned him that he'd be swallowing those friend accusations real quickly.

"So, what shall it be ... mage?"

"You're a customer of the shadow broker really?" she commented eyeing him, trying to figure out if he was lying to her or not. Everyone knew about the shadow broker. Not even mages desired to cross them, he, it, she. Kya wasn't even certain, but whatever the case may have been. They were powerful and had been known to kill mages foolish enough to become in debt to them. So if he was a friend calling for help or turning him in was out of the question and he seemed confident enough.

"You want me to pay to get my brooch back? When I could just boil your blood until you brain overheats and you die? Then I could get my trinket back and you'd be dead, if you truly are a friend of the broker I assume I'll be hunted down. However he can't kill what he can't find my dear and I have a knack for disappearing for large spans of time." the shadows around him seemed to quiver menacingly. However she felt like playing along at least to some extent. After all she was an illusionist which meant she could always create money that would vanish hours later.

"Alright fine, fine. I can give you...." she slipped her hand into her satchel and pretended to be feeling around. When in reality she was created a couple hundred gold in a make believe pouch. As long as he thought it was real it would remain real, but if he tried to hand it off to someone it would vanish. Her hand reappeared and in it she held her newly created pouch. "This much for the return of my brooch unharmed." she jingled it temptingly just to prove a point. "Not sure how much is in here but it sounds like a couple hundred at the least. What do you say?" she grinned softly and held out her hand once again. "Do we have a deal?"

His hands were like eyes, he knew what she had in there. A pouch full of coins was not something that was in there. A light laugh passed through his lips, Ralin would play along with her little trick. No, no. He wouldn't, "Now, mage," The male spoke, lifting her little brooch up some. A few inches from his face, but far enough away from her, "Do you really believe I am that stupid?" Cocking his brow, "This brooch will disappear as quickly as that fake pouch of gold coins will," tilting his head to the right, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "How about you give me that-"

"Ralin! Ralin! Ralin!"

A hefty voice called from the start of the alley, "We have been looking all over for you buddy. Heard little murmurs of a petty thief trying to rob an attractive young lady," the male's head turning to the two men beside him. "We thought to ourselves, 'Well, that has to be Ralin. His due-date closed several weeks ago, probably trying to scrounge up some gold coins to give to the Shadow Broker." Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. That one... little, itty, bitty lie had turned into something that blew up in his face.

Ralin looked past the girl to the three large men who walked toward him, passing the girl with ease... she let him through? Really? Cold. Especially since he has he brooch still. "Now, Ralin, where is the Shadow Broker's money?" The leader spoke, Ralin taking two light steps back. Attempting to look back to the mage, he wanted to give her brooch back.. there'd be no- a grin spread across his face. "Ragor, I know you are the Shadow Broker's lapdog and what not.. but, you see, I know you like to roll-over, play fetch, occasionally give his ... anatomy a touch or two." Ralin spoke, shrugging lightly, the larger male quickly becoming fuming. "But, you will not dare break a bone in my body, for,"

Oh, here was the good part. "Or what, Ralin? You are going to harm us?" Ralin smirked, shaking his head no. "Nope, she will. My mage friend there, she will hurt you. Incinerate you. Burn the flesh from your body. Eat your eyeballs from your skull." Immediately the two other males looked to the mage, ah, yes. Should work perfectly. "So, take your choice, Ragor. Harm me and die or run off to your master, tail tucked between your legs."

Well this was interesting Kya raised and eyebrow as she stepped aside for the men that had been calling the thief's name. Far be it for her to interfere with whatever was going on at the moment. "Oh?" she murmured smirking softly. Turns out that this Ralin wasn't any friend of the broker, as a matter of fact it sounded like he was on the broker's bad list. Hmmmm well she could just let them killed the poor soul and collect her brooch off his corpse but it seemed dishonorable.

"Mage friend?" she questioned out loud before realizing he'd have to give her the brooch back if she helped him get out of a possibly painful experience. "Yes, I'm his friend. Magess Kya and you three...gentlemen really ought to rethink your desire to break any bone in his body." She cupped her hand and what looked like liquid fire pooled in the palm forming a perfect sphere. Her eyes had changed from electric violet to a deep demonic red, ringed with black.

"I suggest you run now, or you won't be able to later." she hissed her voice surprisingly evil sounded as it crackled with power the shadows around the three men stretching, reaching for them. If that didn't scare them off then she likely would have to kill at least one to get them off both her case and his. Tossing the orb in the air it rippled almost as though it would burst above them and if it did, they'd be dead when the first drop hit. Usually she would've tried the gold pouch trick on them but if she wasn't mistaken at least one of the meatheads had a charm detector on them.

Ralin quickly watched as the three men sprinted from the alley, her use of the shadows to cast illusions as if the boogeyman was coming to get them was pretty ingenious. The thief had a triumphant smile on his face, his little lie spread to become somewhat true. Mainly the fact that .. the mage 'Kya' would now have to travel with him to keep him out of harm.

"We will get you, Ralin ... and your bitch of a friend, Kya!" Ragor called at the opening to the alleyway, his body quickly moving out of line of sight so the female mage didn't attack him.

Shrugging lightly, the male shook his head lightly. "Well, I bid you farewell." Ralin spoke, her brooch still in hand. There would be no point to give it to her if she was simply going to leave him to fend for himself. If she wanted it back, she'd travel with him for a while. "Maybe in time we'll meet again. Though, I suggest you hide .. or get good at it. Shadow Broker will be on your ass now." The male spoke as he walked toward her, shooting her a quick wink as he tried to move past her.

Once the left everything vanished and she sighed softly grabbing a small bottle out of her pouch and downing the contents. Simple illusions were taxing when combined with fire related spells. It was why the two didn't really mix well, after all one of the best ways to dispel an illusion was to light a fire, it burned away the threads that held them together. Now she'd expected him to try this so the fire she'd been holding burst right by his foot when he tried to walk by, singing his boots.

"Hold on a moment." she said turning and looking at him. "I just saved your ass, and got mine in a heap of trouble and you think that bidding me farewell is a proper way to thank me? Are you stupid or just unaware that I can track you as long as you have that brooch in your grasp." she pointed to it and the spell rippled softly responding to her aura. "Listen Ralin, I'm thinking it would be best if we stayed together at least until the broker loses interest."

Was she offering her companionship to a man that had just tried to rob her? Yes, yes she was if anyone heard that offer they'd think she was half mad. Which given her profession she most likely was on some level or another. Plus she sort of liked him, not many people could lie to her face and actually have her believe it much less an average human. "So what do you say? Give me my brooch back and I give you my word that I'll be your fire power for as long as I am able to be."

Ralin narrowed his eyes on her, listening to her offer. It was interesting, yes, the male would enjoy having her there to watch his ass for a while. Protecting him from any thug the Shadow Broker might throw their way, but, what would happen when she get her brooch back? Who's to say she isn't going to run away then? Disappear. Vanish into thin air. She could just walk away when he gave it back.

Tapping his chin lightly, the male looked down to the brooch before looking back up to the girl. "I will consider it." The male spoke, finger tapping against his chin lightly. Narrowing his eyes more, shaking his head lightly. It was definitely a tempting idea, but, how could he actually believe her in not simply running away? Kya had a easier chance to flee from the shadow broker then Ralin, Ralin could hide .. was rather good at it but still a bit tough when the broker can hire an army to track him down.

"After giving it some thought," The male spoke, sticking out both hands, a firm grasp remaining on her brooch. "I will trade you something for this brooch," Smirk resting on his face, yes, Ralin - the one who clearly couldn't be trusted - was saying she was one who couldn't be trusted. "Like that opal gem in your satchel, the item I had planned to take in the first place. A simple .. token to know that you won't simply run away after I give you the brooch." Smirk still resting on his face, "Of course, you can say no and watch me stomp on the brooch." Shrugging his shoulder lightly.

"Now, I ask; what do you say?"

She seemed to be watching his thought process very closely. Every movement he made she shadowed making sure he didn't try and run off with her brooch in hand. Not that it would matter much if he did but it was the priciple of the thing. That was hers and she wanted it back, that little flower brooch was worthless on the market. Sighing when he offered a trade she nodded, it wasn't as though that was the only opal she had.

"Fine, Fine." she sighed and reached into her satchel pulling out the small stone he'd grasped at moments ago. "This opal correct? Here you can have it. Mages really have no need for money of any kind. Most people will house us, feed us and pleasure us for free." she smirked softly and placed the stone in his hand while opening her free hand for the brooch. "Now give it here and we need to get a move on, 30 gold says that they'll be back with reinforcements to this very area. It appeared her visit to the potion maker would have to wait until some other time. Perferably a time when she wasn't running from the Shadow broker with a thief as a companion.

"I have a private stall on the outskirts of town. We can get horses there and supplies for travelling. Where exactly do you plan on going?" she questioned, truely have no idea where they could go and lay low. Sure she had a few cottages and a mages tower scattered about, but she hadn't been to any of them in quite sometime.

Ralin shrugged at her question about where he planned to go, simply staring at the large Opal. Surely, the male could charm his way to getting at least two hundred coins from this opal. The way it sparkles, he could convince a common shopkeeper believe it has magical powers. Like many other things he has had before. Tapping his chin lightly, the male rolled the opal around his fingers, grin wide on his face. Letting out a content sigh, the male pocketed the opal. Placing it in the front right pouch on his belt, hidden amongst his belt. Turning his attention to the girl.

"Even if they bring fifty people, you can take the-"

"Get him!" A voice yelled, completely different people. Dangerous people.

"Fuck! Run!" The male called, grabbing her by the arm, pulling her to the right. Hoping she'd simply run with them, "As you will," The male shouted, sprinting down the street, seven armed men following closely behind them. "Quickly come to realize." Ralin continued, jumping over shop counters, knocking over jugs on accident. "I am not the most liked person in this city." Or anywhere, for that fact. "These guys ... just keep running." Pants coming from his mouth, taking a left down the street. Following the path down to get out of the town, he was wanted by plenty of people. All for ... stupid lies, betrayal, gambling. That sort of thing.

"Just be ready to run at any moments notice," Ralin chimed, looking over to the girl, shooting her a smile. "You are on my side now, so, you are only digging yourself a quick, deep hole." A laugh passing through his lips after his statement. Sliding to a halt by the gates, more of those men guarding the only exit. Looking back the way he came, "Shit. Shit. Shit." The male spoke lightly, "Oh!" He exclaimed, the male shoved the mage back into a small shop. Quickly covering himself in long drapes, cloak covering his face.

"Where did he go!?" The dark skinned male shouted, Ralin pointing across the way. Hoping the mage would stay quiet.

Little did he know that opal was enchanted, it was one of her many portal stones she had in her collection. If she could've held onto it until they found a buyer she could've transferred the enchantment to the buyer and sold it for 500 gold at least. It was actually why she was as wealthy as she seemed. She made and sold portal stones when she travelled from town to town. The opal just so happened to be her personal one.

Before she had time to process anything more she felt a jerk on her arm and looked up. There were more men coming after them, and these ones looked dangerous! "Gods how many faction bedsides’ are you on!" she exclaimed as she stumbled and began running after him knocking over a pottery stall in the process. The owner cursed and waved his fist but she had not time to apologize because by that time she'd just dumped produce into the street.

Kya went careening into the small shop when he pushed her landed on some rather comfortable silks with a near silent oomph. She stood and looked down at her silks stained with fruit and pottery paint. "Oh this is just fantastic." she grumbled. "I don't even have enough time to cast a cleaning charm and fruit stains are so hard to get out." Thankfully it looked like the shop owner was out at the moment which meant she wouldn't have to pay for the cloth she ruined. "Not too bright are they?" she whispered as the men went running off in the direction Ralin pointed. "Let's go this way." she said tugging on his hand. "I bet there is a back entrance. If we can go somewhere quiet for like five minutes I can cast an illusion on us to get us by the guards."

"Yeah, that or make an illusion of you shaking your ass in nothing, that'll work to clear the guards just as fast.." Ralin muttered lightly, undressing himself from all the robes he had placed on. He was cool with her making suggestions, but.. given that she had to immediately chug some sort of drink when she was confronting the thief, chances were that she wouldn't be making it very far before she passes out from exhaustion. "You just leave it up to me, we'll get past the guards quickly." Taking a lightly breath the male pushed himself up from the ground.

"Oh, before I forget.. to answer your question," Ralin spoke, pointing his index finger at her, "Last time I counted, 132 factions. Could be higher, could be lower." Ralin shrugged, he was pretty much hated everywhere. Some sort of trouble wherever he went.

Ralin wasn't renowned for getting himself into trouble, he simply never thought before he spoke. Usually attempts to be witty or funny, never meant to insult people. Thats just usually how they came about, again; one may ask how he is even alive right now. He was just really good at getting out of bad situations. Scratching the stubbles at his chin, the male examined the guards at the exit. Leaning against the stall for a moment, why couldn't this just be an easy escape. His signature grin came across his face, the grin that usually marked he wasn't thinking about everything so properly. Whistling lightly, the male moved to a hand cart, pulling the thing away from the wall. Moving back to where they had hid, "Okay, get in." The male spoke, "We are going to pretend you are some Princess, so.... show some god damn skin. You know how they dress, make a damn illusion." The male spoke, looking over his shoulder. "Its a fool-proof plan, I promise."

Or so he hoped.

"132? Do you have a knack for getting into trouble or something?" she questioned already knowing the answer. Trouble seemed to follow him like an unpleasant shadow and she'd only been in his presence for half an hour at most. She should've just let those men have him then she wouldn't be in this mess no matter how alive it made her feel. Sighing she stood up prepared to weave a quick illusion, but he was right she couldn't hold and illusion on two people for very long without draining her energy.

"I really don't think there is anything full proof about it but, whatever you say Ralin." she set her satchel down and began the process of unwinding the silk on her body. It took about two minutes but when she was done it appeared as though she was dressed in a tight fitting top that stopped just below her breasts while pushing them upwards. The skirt was a soft violet with slits on either side up to her thighs. Quickly she undid the braid and let her white blonde waves fall around her delicate face. It was actually quite surprising how seductive she managed to look dressed like that. If not for her odd hair color she could've easily looked just like one of the princess once she illusioned her eyes to an ordinary shade of green.

Slipping her satchel at the bottom of the cart she waved her hand and it suddenly appears to be one of the royal carts. "I can hold illusions over inanimate objects for up to 8 hours. However on living things the max is about 2. I suggest you move quickly." and with that she stepped in and the color of her hair turned to a dark brown. She had to admit the excitement was quite addicting she hadn't had this much fun in months.

Ralin didn't need two hours to get them out of the city, so long as the meatheads in front of them didn't think with their penises and just let them through. "As you command, princess." Ralin chimed, pulling the girl forward. Going around the set of stalls, the hand cart was only able to go forward, with left and right basing on the male's strength. Ralin was sure hoping they weren't stopped, two hours was a pretty lengthy time period but it wasn't like they would want to chat it up with the princess... or so the thief hoped.

"Halt." The voice commanded, Ralin kept his head down. Only the handcart and the girl were in illusions, Ralin was still his regular self. "Why is such a beautiful young lady as yourself leaving? You've yet to be with a real man." The thug spoke, winking through the sheer at the princess. "Fucking.. hurry up already you dipshit.." Ralin chimed lightly, "What was that, tough guy?"

"Oh.. nothing." Ralin spoke, pulling the cart a bit more, running over his toes. The thug bouncing up and down in pain, grin on the male's face. "After him!" The large male shouted, geez ... really? Can no form go undetected? The thief pulled the hand while he sprinted from the exit, the larger men right on his tail given that he was carrying a 100 pound handcart behind his back plus how much the girl weighed. Panting lightly, Ralin simply dropped the cart. Pulling out a small blade from his belt, crouching in between the two hand rails, Ralin waited for the two men to come around.

"Where did that fucker g-"

Ralin quickly interrupted the male's question with a blade through the throat, the other male wildly swinging his short sword at him. The thief simply ducked and rolled toward him, lunging up from the ground. Blood quickly flowing over the thief's sleeve, his dagger striking the male in his stomach, piercing his vital organs. As much trouble as he has gotten in, he's been able to kill his way out... not something he'd like to do, but, if it helped him stay alive. He'd do it. Turning to the handcart, "What are you doing sitting there?! Come on!" Ralin shouted, turning his back to her to quickly sprint away from the cart.

Well it seemed that it was going to work well as they headed towards the gate. The crowd parted for the pair many people bowing to the fake princess. After all the King had so many daughters most of the townsfolk couldn't remember what they looked like anyways. But of course the gaurds were horny and decided flirting with the notiriously easy royal daughters would get them a little relief. She was about to decline when Ralin opened his mouth and blew thier cover.

Before she knew they were running down and back alley her still in the hand cart clinging for dear life as they were chased. When he stopped she immediatly jumped down still holding the illusion on herself. No need to have this group after her as well. "Do you not think before you speak?" she snapped angrily after he'd managed to shake off the two pursuers. "If you'd have kept your mouth shut we would've been able to get by. Snatching her satchel she stripped her illusion and wrapped her head in a scarf. Suddenly flames lept high around three sides of them blocking anyone from coming after them. "Lets go!" The fire followed them hiding both from view.

As they dashed she passed by a hole in the wall and grabbed his shoulder. "This way!" Yanking him through they found themselves in dense forest the fire vanishing. Together the two of them ran through the woods and towards her hidden stable. "My stable is right over here. The horses will already be prepared for us, magic and all that jazz."

Ralin followed her through the woods, her statement still lingering in his head. Hell. Surely didn't seem like these two were going to coexist together for very long before they started to butt heads. "Yeah...." Ralin replied to her statement over horses being ready from magic and that fancy stuff. Slowing his run down to a light jog, panting to himself softly. He's ran before, but.. not like her run. Through trees and shit. He doesn't do that, he runs and jumps up onto buildings.. runs across roof tops. Not through trees and brush.

Adjusting his cloak over his body, the male pulled the hood over his head. "We might want to lay low for a bit," The male suggested, it wasn't getting late or anything of that nature. They would simply need to keep out of trouble, at least for now. "Probably best to stay in the stables for a couple hours." Ralin continued to suggest, a light sigh breaking off his statement. "Those men.. the ones after Ragor." The male spoke, shaking his head a bit. His legs quickly walking with her.

"They were Abridan, dangerous fellows." The male spoke, shrugging a bit. "The two I killed, well... they were unlucky sorts, one didn't know what the hell he was doing.. simply there to get a piece of ass whenever some good looking female passed through. The other, the one I rolled his toes over, he was a fighter.. luckily enough he was too considered on questioning where I was rather then looking for me." shaking his head a bit, "The trained ones are tough... maybe not for a mage, but, still.. twenty to two odds aren't what I am looking for right now."

Idly she had the feeling she may have insulted him snapping at him like she had. Kya wasn't used to being on the run though and it made her irritable. Everything was had always been so easy for the magess. She wanted food she got it, she wanted a place to stay for the night she got it. She wanted some male companionship she had four of five men begging. However this, running through the brush like animals was not easy, it was extremely annoying.

"I was thinking the same thing." she commented breathlessly as she slowed down and waved her hand. A stable appeared before them and the door swung open. "Here we are, it's nice isn't it?" Inside there was a sitting room and a thin divider kept the people space form the horse stalls. Which if he looked would notice two horses both with jet black coats and eerily intellgent eyes. "They have Kelpie in them, but Shadow promised not to try and drown you." she grinned softly and stroked the nose of the one whom was obviously Shadow because he knickered and accepted the slab of raw meat from her outstreatched palm.

"Kelpies are about 10 times faster then a regular pure bred horse. Usually only mages ride them, they're a touch hard to tame. But I saved Shadow's life so he owes me. He won't stop serving me until he pays me back ten fold. The mare is his eldest daughter Siren." she handed a piece of meat to the other who accepted it without a word. "Come have a seat relax, no one will find us here unless I will it."

Right, as if Ralin cared a single bit about any of the things that she was speaking about. Hell, half the stuff he didn't understand. Shadow? Kelpie? Siren? If he would've paid attention, surely he would've got exactly what she was talking about. Too bad he didn't bother to listen, right? Right about now, the male simply wished to catch a few moments of shut eye. Nothing more, nothing less. A small lesson on her horses could wait till later, for now, Ralin simply needed to catch some sleep before thinking about how badly he fucked himself over by pulling this mage into the fray with him.

For the better part of this trip, they would need to travel together. Shadow Broker wouldn't let his idle, nor her's, threats go by unnoticed. If anything, they did the opposite. Pushed their - Ralin's - bounty level up a few notches. Sitting down on the floor, the male leaned against the wall, head pushing back to rest against the wall. A light yawn passing through his lips, "I shouldn't sleep for longer then twenty minutes," The male called, his first words to her since they arrived at the stables. Surely, they'd still need to hide a few more hours.

The male held not many hard feelings for the girl, surely, she was a mage. Treated differently everywhere she went, he couldn't simply freely think through all his actions before doing such. If he didn't act in the ways that he raised himself to, he would've been dead long ago. You act first, regret the decision later, move on with your newly found hatred with another faction. He's done so the past seven years, another five for everyone to possibly hate him. If he was lucky, the mage would just abandon him in a few days. Something told him he should think differently, might be a long and promising - yeah, right - friendship for the two of them. She'll see what she got herself into in no time. Just you wait, this is simply a normal day of Ralin's life. Wait till he starts having bad days.

Opening up a eye, "Don't be thinking about trying anything while I'm sleeping either," A light gin appearing on his lips, "I'd rather be up to enjoy it then believe I was dreaming."

Kya stared at him for a moment wondering if he'd even gotten anything she said. Most likely not judging by the fact he was preparing to fall asleep. Well not matter the horses promised not to kill him and they could get away faster on these horses rather then regular ones. Stroking the female's nose she pulled away and sat down on a comfortable looking chair that seemed to have been created out of a bale of hay.

"Why only 20 minutes?" she asked curiously it was an odd span of time. "You look tired; I don't think it'll be any good for you. We're going to be here for a few hours why not just sleep until then? I have no intention of going anywhere. You're going to have to learn to trust me if we're going to be stuck together." She raised an eyebrow at him still dressed in the manner of princess. She was likely going to have to change into some darker clothing if she wished to not stick out like a sore thumb.

"I'll try ever so hard to contain myself." she responded dryly as she stood and moved over to what appeared to be a closet. Opening it there were more brightly colored silks and fabrics but as she reached back she would pull out a pair of leather breeches, a white blouse and a black corset. "This'll work better for not blending in I think." she was talking to herself as she reached down and pulled out a pair of low heeled boots and a black hat. "Go on and rest I'm just going to change and get catch up on my spell creating. I'll wake you whenever you want to wake up." Kya was concerned for him really, but if he only want to sleep for 20 minutes that was his decision.

Ralin didn't like to sleep in long spans; short, quick, naps were better for his lifestyle choice. Constantly on the move doesn't give you a whole lot of time to sit around and sleep. The male was more then used to sleep for twenty to forty minutes and being perfectly able to steal, run, fight, and flirt. His body adapted just like he had, surely, there were times that his body simply begged for sleep. Times that his body just couldn't go on any further, causing him to pass out. He simply pushed himself to the limit, he'd rather kill himself getting away, expending essential body needs to not be killed by one of the many number of factions after his hide.

Twenty minutes turned into thirty minutes, thirty minutes turned into forty minutes, forty minutes turned into an hour. Body simply refusing to let him wake, whether by a shove, hit, opening his eyes. Ralin's body simply wanted sleep, an hour was exactly what he needed.

Sucking in a breath, Ralin shifted before yawning lightly. Shaking his head lightly, the male didn't plan to say anything. It wasn't hard to tell that he was awake, seeing that she can speak to horses.. it wouldn't be hard for her to get the jist that he is up from them. Rubbing his eyes with his palms, Ralin groaned a bit. "How long was I out?" The male asked softly, shaking his head a few more times. Simply trying to shake the jitters out of the after-nap wake up. Body simply wanted to go back to bed, sleep the day awake.

She watched him sleep admiring how peaceful and almost innocent he looked leaning against the wall fast alseep. It gave her time to create a few more energy resotration potions via a small potion set on one of the walls. When he awoke she was dressed in the outfit she'd pulled out of her closet. It also appeared she'd somehow managed to dye her hair. It was brown now and still fell in a thick rope along her back. For all intents and purposes she looked like a thief, but for her eyes. They were still that strange shade of electric violet the only give away she was more then she appeared.

"About an hour." she responded as she moved to start finallizing the saddlebag. "I tried waking you at 20 minutes but you were so out of it you merely smaked my hand to the side and went back to sleep." she chuckled softly. "I figured you needed it, having so many enemies must not leave a lot of time for sleep." Kya seemed to have calmed down from thier initial escape and her voice while still sounded alarmingly young had no lingering anger or distaste for the situation at least not yet.

"I figure it must be safer by now, a group of those men walked right by earlier, but that's been all. They didn't see us of course this place is cloaked from everyone but other mages. So unless one of the 132 factions happen to have an illusion mage serving them we're as safe as can be. At least until we leave here of course." she smiled slightly

Ralin groaned when he heard her say about an hour, "Damnit..." The male spoke, rubbing his eyes lightly. He simply didn't want to be out for that long, twenty mines was all he wanted.. not an hour. "That sort of ruins my plans," the male spoke, shaking his head a bit in an attempt to get the jitters out of his head. Shrugging lightly, yawn passing through his lips.

"They could.." The male spoke, shrugging his shoulders a bit to some of his more hated enemies having an illusionist mage with them. "Don't you guys go rogue all the time?" Ralin asked, his eyes locked with the ground in front of him. "I've made a lot of people mad... people are paying great gold coins to have me killed." A light sigh passed through his lips, pushing back the depression that simply wanted to take over. Simply wanted to make him roll over. Forcing a smile onto his face, "But, that makes this game fun. Live another day, gives me all the opportunities in the world to get everyone off my back."

Stretching his arms above his head lightly, "So," the male spoke, looking over to the girl for a moment. "This.. partnership of ours." Scratching at the dark stubbles on his chin, "I'm looking to get as far as Tuscanar. Then you can split at anytime... one place that doesn't hate me, yet." The male spoke, this trip to Tuscanar would take weeks to get... through plenty of dangerous places. Crossing into dangerous factions territories. "We get there alive, I give you your opal back then you'll never see me again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom