Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Best in the West (Candira and Legion)

He accepted her answer to his question. He knew more than he let on, but he would not call her out on it. After all he was here to look over her, not cause problems. He took a few more bites after their short conversation on the bandit, the juices from the preserves had soaked pretty far into his piece of bread. It tasted so much better as he took a few more bites.

"So, will you be playing cards again tonight? Or will you be off somewhere doing something mysterious?"

"I don't think I'm going to be in the saloon this afternoon. I might to to the outskirts and see if there's anything out there." he said. "Just make sure you save that last song for when I get back. I'd hate to miss you singing again."

She smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "Alright. I'll do my best." With that, she went back to eating her little meal, glad that she'd decided to treat him after all. "I'll tell you what, Tom. I'd hate to think of you going on hungry on the outskirts, why don't you take what's left of this with you? I know you like strawberries the best, and you'll need some real coffee if you want to stay awake," she teased. "When you're finished, just give back the basket with the dishes in it and I'll take care of the rest."

Back
Top Bottom