Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Time to Pay Up! (Draven and Naochan)

NaoChan

Pulsar
Seth at his age of 20 had already filled out into a man's build standing six foot tall, with his jet black eyes, and short brown hair that he wore spiked alot of times. That night he was wearing some loose baggy jeans and t-shirt. The tension had been building inside of the apartment Seth had been working hard on college and working in his off time. Lately his roommate and best friend had been slacking on his own college and hadn't been keeping on the bills, he had been having to cover for the past two months. Seth had been partying alot on the weekends but it seemed like is best friend was doing alot more than him now during the week even. He started getting ready to head out that evening figuring in playing some pool and having a couple of drinks with his friends.

But he was also going to have a talk with his best friend and get to the bottom of what was going on. He didn't want to have to look for a new roommate nor kick him out because of there friendship but something was going to have to change inside of the apartment since he was having to take control of the bills and other things. He laid on the couch seeing that his roommate again was not around turning on the tv, and sipping on a beer lightly tonight he had enough, he was going to talk with Daniel when he got home it didn't matter what time it was. It seemed like forever when he finally heard the clicking off the locked door opening into their apartment. Seth slowly stood back in the couch, Daniel wasn't going to be able to runaway to his room this time.

Daniel squeezed his brown eyes shut tight when he reached their front door, the porch light giving him a huge headache. It was way too bright. He licked his thin lips and reached up to run his hand through his short brown hair and gently massage his scalp. He stood at an average height of about five foot ten inches. His stomach was flat, lined with a few small muscles. His skin was a gorgeous tan color, thanks to being have Mexican, half white.

Daniel fumbled with the key and the key hole for a moment. When he finally got the door opened, he stumbled inside. "Nnnehh..." Not even seeing his roommate at the couch, he made a direct beeline to his bedroom door.

Seth heard the clicking of the lock looking at the clock seeing what time it was, it was no wonder that Daniel had slept in all the time. Hearing his stumbling and slurred words somewhat he knew again that he had been drinking. Since the only thing on was the tv, Seth got up from the couch and started following him, "Hey Daniel" he finally said seeing his along time friend. He didn't care if he was tanked tonight he was going to find out what had been happening to him, and also get it him to strighten up if not some things where going to change after tonight.

"Where have you been? Don't you have work tomorrow morning before class?" he was becoming more angry when he got close enough to smell some of the booze on his clothing, and what ever that was since it was dark. Seth wasn't going to let him get to his room and if he did he was going inside also.

Daniel stumbled a little bit, glaring over at Seth for a moment. "What does it matter to you what I do?" he snapped, though he didn't really mean too. He wasn't the nicest person in the world when he was drunk. The world revolved around him when he was wasted. Nothing else mattered. As long as he got his drink and then some peace, he was good. "I was out with a few buddies from work," he lied, shrugging his shoulders some. "I did ask you if you wanted to come along, if you forgotten. But you said no."

Daniel opened his bedroom door and walked inside. He immediately took off his dirty clothes, not caring if Seth would follow or see him nearly naked. He tossed the clothes into his hamper and took off his boxers. Then he pulled on a clean pair and crawled into his bed, ready to crash.

Seth had been used to Daniel's bursts when he had been drinking but he wasn't going to put up with it tonight. "Don't give me that crap, it matters because we are best friends but I see something has changed" He quickly countered back to him."Yeah that's because of the stupid stuff you and your buddies do after work. That's why I don't go drinking with you." He then started following him to his room, seeing him stumbling down the hall he could see tonight he might not get much out of him just because of how drunk he was.

He watched him undress as he came to the door his dark eyes looking over him, and he then moved inside of it. "Listen before you crash we need to talk about something. Like along the cash that you have been needing to pay up with. I'm tired of having to cover for you Daniel." He looked around his room for a moment seeing it was little trashed one thing he did notice there wasn't a set of clothing out for him in the morning to go to work with.

"I got fired," Daniel murmured softly, his eyes closed, and let out a breath. "I got fired, okay?" Because he had come in drunk and his boss wasn't too happy about letting him slide this time. But he didn't want to tell Seth that. "Well...fired is not right. I got laid off. Apparently they found someone better than me. Not to mention that they are cutting back people a lot because of the economy. A few others got laid off too." He shrugged his shoulders a little bit. "I have been looking for a new one." Lie, but Daniel did it a lot nowadays that he became really good at it.

"So I've been a bit depressed and I don't know what to do with myself. Drinking is a good way to just ignore and forget about everything," Daniel murmured, rolling onto his side, his back to Seth.

Seth stood there for a moment, hearing his story he felt bad for him a little bit only to a point. "Really? How many interviews have you gone to?" He crossed his arms somewhat the drinking thing with his friend was going to stop. He was drunk he thought and wasn't going to get much out of him tonight. "Tomorrow we are going to talk some more and get you strightened out Daniel" Seth saw him roll onto his side he moved over and rubbed his shoulder before he walked away.

He grabbed one of his garbage cans putting it next to his bed, he was some what worried about the depression that he had admitted. Though he had always been the stronger of the two them this time he was going to make sure he got something out his old friend.

Daniel let out a small breath when Seth finally left him alone. The talking was starting to make his headache even worse. He kind of felt bad, lying to his best and longest friend and it worried him that it came out so easily. He squeezed his eyes shut and curled into a tighter ball before letting sleep take him like a crashing wave. He didn't move the only night, slept through it without waking.

He woke a couple hours later, the sun shining brightly in his white walled room. He groaned softly, rubbing his eyes and rolling over. Releasing a breath, he slid out of bed and walked slowly toward the bathroom, his eyes mostly closed, so he shouldered up against the wall. That way he could be steadier and not really run into anything.

Seth was already awake having taken his shower and he had made something to eat that morning, he heard Daniel awaken and heading into the bathroom. A small chuckle came from him knowing he must have been hung over it was the price you always paid when you drank too much he thought and he had been there. Since Daniel had finally admitted to him that he wasnâ??t working anymore nor it seemed like he wasnâ??t going to school. He did have a nice body he thought with the mixture he had.

Seth figured there would need to be some changes to what Daniel would be doing instead of just doing nothing around the apartment. He waited until he came out into the kitchen, and living room he did have a cup of coffee ready for him to help kill the hangover. â??Good morningâ? he called out the hallway to him. A smirk came to his lips he had been thinking about it all night on what he was going to do to him or at least offer.

Daniel winced as he heard Seth's voice. He sighed a little bit. He deserved it for being such a shitty friend. The smell of coffee soothed him a little bit. He reached out for it as he plopped down on the couch and took a careful sip of it. It was hot, he would have to let it cool down a little bit. He leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes. He knew Seth wasn't done with him. He knew he was going to be interrogated a lot more than he was last night.

Seth relaxed at the table finally seeing Daniel coming into the room, and taking his coffee. He gave him a moment to relax before opening up on him. "Alright since you don't have a job, and doesn't seem like you want one right now. What have you been doing with your money?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee he knew that he had been staying out later into the mornings alot of times. "Listen Daniel if you want to move back into your parents place to get things going again go for it. But if you want to stay in the apartment then there is going to be some new rules going to be laid down"

Seth then got up from the table with his coffee in hand and moved into the couch next to him. "The first being your going to quit drinking so much booze, and staying out late" He gave him a stern look for a moment, the deal was going to be offered to him if he took it then Seth would look after him, if not he would start making calls to his family, and other friends to take him in.

Daniel groaned at the mention of his parents. There was no way he would be moving back in with them. It was hell trying to live in a house that fought all the time, but neither parent wanted a divorce. It was a place he didn't like to be in for a long period of time. "Fine," he said easily, just to please his friend, but he knew that Seth was completely serious about every word that was coming out of his mouth. "And I've only been drinking," he lied. He was buying expensive sex. Of course, he was safe about it. There was a place downtown in the black underground market.

Seth settled into the couch, and looked over at his friend for a moment, he then started laughing some hearing him comment. â??So fast to rush was always your problem, that and the booze.â? He tilted his head and raised a eyebrow. â??Really? Just booze huh, you havenâ??t been hitting the red light part of town?â? Shaking his head for a moment he himself had gone down there sometimes but not lately since of what his friend had been doing. It didnâ??t matter to him Daniel needed straightened out and now was the time. â??Since you canâ??t seem to pay the rent nor take care of the bills. You will be cleaning it up and keeping it cleanâ? Of course Seth had other plans for Daniel if he was anything like he thought him to be it was just the start of it.

Damien groaned at the mention of cleaning. He really didn't like to clean. Not like they really made that much of a mess anyway. Still. He then glanced at Seth and raised his eyebrows. "It sounds like you are trying to make me your housewife," he murmured, raising his eyebrows a little bit at him and laughed softly, shaking his head. House wife...wouldn't that be fun? He rolled his eyes and took another drink of his coffee.

Seth looked over at him hearing him groaning like a spoiled brat or in this case someone without a job and few things he could do. â??Housewife? Hmmm, that does sound like a good word for you maybe get you into some clothing along with itâ? He teased him for a moment, seeing he got a kick out of it also. He finished up his coffee sitting it on the table before looking back at him, â??But yeah if your not going to work your going to clean, cook and keep up on the place since it seems that I will be paying the bills until you get a new job.â? He made the offer again and he wasnâ??t joking around with his friend on this one.

If he wasnâ??t going to work then he was going to do something to stay in the apartment. â??Think about it, Iâ??m going to take a shower and play some basketball. You have until I get back on what you want to do Daniel. Youâ??re my friend, but Iâ??m not giving any free ridesâ? He was finished talking with him for now he wanted him to think about it, and down the path he was going.

Daniel let out a small breath as he watched Seth walk away. He closed his eyes and sunk down in the couch a little more, closing his eyes. It wasn't as if he had a choice in the matter. It was either be a 'house-wife' or have the possibility of not living here anymore. He rolled his head on his neck a little bit. He wouldn't deny the fact that he had been pushing his share of the bills onto Seth and the man was probably really financially hurting right now.

After a few moments, he opened his eyes and looked around their little apartment. At least they didn't own a house or something any bigger than this. He rubbed his forehead a little bit and closed his eyes. He would start being housewife tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom