Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Pirates Love (Prettylyskin & I)

DarkRiffs

Star
He sat upon the chair quietly, a soured look on his face as he stroked his stubble covered chin."Captain, we've only got power enough to putter, that bloody empire vessel cracked the core".Captain Anderson growled as he sat up in his chair."Very well, take us to port, we're low on rations anyway" he said with a smile.He was the type of man to get knocked down, only to admire the softness of the grass.

Soft blue eyes belied his stern visage, set in years of piracy and loneliness.He wasn't exactly a loner, simply unattached.His fingers twirled a locke of the blonde hair that rested near to his shoulders, matted in small tendrils from the lack of bathing facilities on the ship."Everyone is to go to the pub upon landing, you all deserve a break, I'll take care of arranging repairs" he stated.The response brought a cheer from the members of the bridge, though it fell on deaf ears as the captain slipped into thought.

It had been quite a while since he'd heard from his friendly rival, much to his dismay as a matter of fact.He reveled in the competition of another captain worthy of daring feats such as him.A smirk slid across his face as his mind called up the image of the woman."I do hope to see you soon" he said to himself.Catching up with his rival would be nice, even if it was just to gloat in her face.

• Rosaline O'Brain watched her crew as they lallygagged in the tavern of Port Renfield in the Aeolus Quadrant. It was the sector of the galaxy that was run mostly by outlaws and pirates. After three months in space, Rosie decided that her men deserved a break. She didn't really enjoy social events. She kept to herself in the corner, sipping on her pint of ale. She found her mind wandering, thinking of what that man could be up to. Anderson. The corners of her lips curled upward in a small smile at the name. They had once been partners. They sailed the open skies and robbed and looted the Empire blind. But they had always been at one another's throat, always competing for power. In the end they had split the most formidable crew in space. She shook her head, silencing the memories. They had been young and stupid in those days. Power hungry. Seven years had passed since they were together. She doubted the man even remembered her.

"Hey, dollface, wanna have some fun?" The drunken slur ruined her train of thought. She looked up at the man leaning over her. The smell of alcohol reeking from this piece of filth was overwhelming. She growled under her breath. One would think that the way she dressed was enough to let men know that she wasn't a common tavern wench. She wore large baggy pants tucked into bulky combat boots. A thick black turtleneck covered most of her figure, and a worn, dark trench coat with a multitude of pockets covered the rest of her. A woman of twenty seven, she had a curvaceous figure, although she tried to hide it with bulky clothing. Her face, however, she could not hide. A perfect heart-shaped face framed with short, dark red locks that reached her shoulders. Her lips were full and red, a mouth that was made for kissing. Blue-grey eyes peered from beneath a slow arch of eyebrow, belaying an intelligence behind the babydoll face.

She took a pack of smokes from her coat and put a cigarette between her lips.
      "Get lost." She wasn't known for long speeches or threats. Most people knew enough not to cross her path, but this idiot plainly didn't know who he was dealing with.
      [/list:u][/list:u]

The coin danced back and forth between his fingers, sweaty and uncomfortable in his hands as he strode along, his gaggle of crewmen following behind him like some gang from those old earth circa-1950's films.He was wearing a dirty gray muscle shirt tucked into his baggy cotton pants, which flowed down to flip flops of all things.Fwip fwip fwip his sandals went as he walked down the street with one hand casually in his pocket, his pale skin was practically bronzed from the dirt caked onto it from four months in a grimy ship."This place looks swell enough" he said, turning into the establishment.He was aching to wet his pallet with a taste of liquor, the ship had run dry and his crew had been on edge, this was good for morale.His eyes scanned the place as he strode in and sat at a table not far away, within perfect sight of her.He either hadn't noticed her or hadn't said a word, but it was plain to see it was him.

"Start a tab in my name for my men and I" he said to the waitress as he set his feet up on the table with his hands folded across his stomach.He was a lot grubbier than last seen, his hair had grown longer and shaggy and his face was unshaven.His stench was of musk and engine oil, filling the tables around him, making the other folks bring handkerchiefs to there lips.It was by chance he dropped the coin, which rolled to land at her foot."God dangit!" he cursed before getting up to get the coin, kneeling down at her feet to pick it up.He hadn't noticed her yet, his eyes on the coin."Pardon me madam" he said as he scooped the coin up.

• Just as Captain Anderson knelt to retrieve his coin, the man who had been standing over Rosie was send hurtling across the table, crashing into the table full of her men. Her men jumped back, glancing at their captain before bursting into laughter and pouring their beer on the poor sap before wandering off to a new table, chuckling about the famous temper of their captain. Rosie glared sourly at the backs of her men. While her men obeyed her. They viewed her with an air of loving disrespect. She looked down at Anderson, blue eyes icy.
      "If yer hopin' I'm wearin' a skirt, then yer goin' to be disappointed." she said with a thick Irish accent. Unlike most spacers, she had actually been born and raised on their mother planet.

[I'm sorry for the horrid response. I've got major writer's block right now.]
      [/list:u][/list:u]

His eyes squinted."I recognize that voice" he said before he gazed up, his eyes wide with a look of pleasant shock on his face."Rosie!" he boomed, standing up and dusting himself off."Wow, I haven't seen you in...months...your looking far better than I am" he said with a laugh.He plopped down in the chair opposite her with a smirk."Still fiesty I see, you don't disappoint for a rival" he chided, lighting a cigarette as his drink was brought over."How fares the piracy?" he asked openly, this was the kind of tavern no one cared, or rather the law never dared go.

Back
Top Bottom