Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pirate Epic (Kolath/butterfly0408)

He blushed a little looking up into her eyes smiling leaning up to return the kiss on her cheek. â??Amelia you need to know that I want hold you to the law since I kind of threw it on you. I mean to everyone else you will need to stay as my bride but we donâ??t have to do anythingâ?¦if you donâ??t want.â? He was blushing horridly near the end of that wishing he had shut up.

She was blushing right back at him. She really had not thought about... THAT. "Oh... well......." she was a bit at a lose for words, "I think that is something we can talk about later Connor. Now might not be the best time to talk about... well.... THAT."

He blushed badly biting his lip as he looked down slightly feeling the tug of the stitches on his forehead. â??Yeah or maybe we shouldnâ??t mention it ever again seeing how uncomfortable it makes both of us.â? His hand reached up stroking her cheek â??I am glad I was able to protect you there was no call for what happened today.â?

"Careful, you don't want to rip the stitches," Amelia changed the subject, agreeing for at least now, that it was better to not speak of it now. One day or another it would need to be talked about. Especially if they really did wed. "You don't even know what I did. For all you know, perhaps I did deserve what your father was going to give me." She didn't believe that of course, but wanted to know how he felt about that idea.

He shrugged at her, â??I know that my dad is not the most reasonable man on the high seas. And you are rather on the stubborn side.â? he stopped looking at her quickly, â??Not saying thatâ??s bad but Callar wouldnâ??t like it by any means. â?? he laid back stretching his neck a little sighing, â??So what did you do?â?

She would have gave him a little bit of a smack if he was not in such horrible shape. She was fuming a little on the inside, but held if back from unleashing upon him, "He wanted me to write a letter to my father, spouting a bunch of lies about how myself and the others you captured have been treated. I refused and wrote a letter telling nothing but the truth. Your father did not seem to like hearing the truth from my point of view very much."

He nodded sighing, â??I was afraid it was something like that.â? He sighed thinking over how to put this. â??Back in the day Callar had a tighter rein on the men he could tell them to touch no one and they would do as he said. He didnâ??t want to lose the reputation of keeping his men in line and so was going to tell what he thought was a small lie to keep it.â? he sighed leaning back, â??But what he has let happen on this ship is inexcusable. I mean it could have happened to you.â? His voice had shifted to anger and concern at the last part and he reached over to touch her cheek almost ripping out his stitches in the process.

She smiled a little but when she saw how he was stretching himself, she quickly reached out and gently pushed him back down to the bed, "You have never had stitches before I take it. You're going to rip them if you keep moving around like this today. You must stay still at least until things heal a bit. Trust me.... I know. I had to get stitches once and I ripped them three times with all my jumping around. I was only a child then, I didn't know any better, but you are a grown man. You have no excuse."

He glared at her a little sticking his tongue out slightly at her. â??Yes mother.â? He smirked laying back sighing feeling drained even after sleeping so much. sighing he closed his eyes, â??Mmmm Ameliaâ?¦is it ok what I did?â? even as he finished the question he was starting to fall asleep and would probably not hear her answer to his question.

She paused a little, thinking of the best way to reply. She could tell him the honest truth of the matter and not sweet coat it at all. That would not be the best idea though, and so she gave in and just did the sweet coating, "Of course it is. And I thank you for it. I would dead now without you. You save me again it seems. You are turning into my own personal hero."

Conner smiled reaching up and brushing a strand of hair from her face. â??Well itâ??s a job I love having.â? He suddenly realized what he had said and blushed looking down coughing lightly to cover his embarrassment. â??I think Iâ??m still a little bit out of it thanks to that blow I think Iâ??ll lay down for a bit more.â? He laid back down closing his eyes and turning his face away to hide the blush.

The next couple days he spent getting better waited on by Amelia and when she was forced to sleep by Thea though it took a act of god to get Amelia out of his room. Within the week he was back at his post doing everything that he was supposed to do. The captain still fuming at having Amelia stolen from the deep blue sea sent her down to work on cleaning the guns which put her right near Conner and where he was all day. They ended up spending many hours talking about the ship the guns really just about anything that came to mind besides the fight.

The crew ran her hard expecting her to know everything about the guns and ship without having taught her anything. However through it all Conner was there beside her showing her the things they didnâ??t and helping her make sure that she was finished by the time a few weeks had passed she was very knowledgeable about the ship and its inner workings. And something had started to blossom between her and Conner feelings that she wasnâ??t sure she should have for a pirate or he for a princess.

It was the end of another long day. Amelia had hated having to put up with manual labor. She was just not use to it and the others had not been very helpful at all. Thea had tried her best, but her duties were elsewhere on the ship. It was a god sent when Connor often came to her side to help her out. If she had to be stuck with one man on this ship, she was happy it was Connor. Then again, she had not thought of it really as being stuck with him after awhile, perhaps even never really. He was a good friend and the more time they spent together and the closer they became, the more she could actually picture herself with him. Beyond just today and tomorrow even. She could see being by his side far into the future. Though, she hoped it would not always be in the hold of this prison cleaning guns for the ones that wanted her dead.

As like it had been for some time now, Connor was walking Amelia to Thea's room after working, chatting casually, "Connor, you are better now. Why do I still remain in Thea's room. I feel so much safer in yours. I might be your woman now, but that doesn't stop the looks from some of the men on this ship. If I was in your room, it might discourage some of them from looking still."

Conner stopped mid stride looking at her and blinking. He had not started thinking of her as his and so the thought of her sleeping in his room had never crossed his mind. â??butâ?¦wouldnâ??t you be more comfortable with Thea? I mean she is the only other woman near your age on the ship?â? he looked down at the deck for a moment scoffing it with his boot. â??I mean I want you to be comfortable and safe thatâ??s most important to me I just thought you would be with Thea seeing as no room has more then one bed.â? He blushed at that remembering sleeping next to her on the floor.

"Connor, we are going to eventually be in the same room. You are not going to make me stay with Thea even after we are married are you?" she spoke without thinking first, and only realized what she had said, after she said it. They had not really spoken again about having to marry one another since the day it all happened. She blushed a little and lowered her face away, pausing, looking for words once again, "I just... I wanna feel safe Connor..."

He blushed as she brought up their future marriage coughing a little to hide his discomfort. His hand came back rubbing his neck looking down a bit sighing, â??Look I justâ?¦.well lets talk to Thea about this huh?â? he asked hoping that Thea could talk some sense into Amelia and let her know just how bad of an idea it was for two people that were for all intents and purposes engaged to sleep in the same room.

Amelia nodded a little, "That seems fair enough. But we must agree that what Thea says, goes. Agreed?" Once they had make the agreement, they were off to Thea's room. Amelia was to her room often enough that she knew that she kept it unlocked most of the time and so with a knock, she tried the knob, finding the door locked. Odd. She knocked once more, "Thea? It's Amelia and Connor..."

"One second!" Thea called out from the other side of the door, sound a little out of breath. Their was some sounds of Thea tearing about the room it seemed. Furniture moving almost. A minute later, the locked clicked and Thea cracked the door, seeming to only keep it cracked for the moment, "Amelia... Connor... can I help you?"

Naive Amelia, she thought nothing about the situation and just sighed, pushing into the room and going to sit on the edge of the bed. It creaked a little funny. "Thea, will you please tell Connor that it's not a crime if I stay in his room with him. Don't get me wrong Thea, I've liked staying with you and all but... I can't share your room forever."

Thea seemed a little disheveled as she stood there, biting at her lower lip like she did when she was nervous about something. Even Amelia knew that move of hers.

"Are you alright Thea? Is everything alright?"

"Of course!" she answered quickly, coming across the room to take Amelia's hands and guide her to stand once more, guiding her back to the door and picking up Connor along the way as well, "You know, I think Amelia has a point. If you two are going to be married, it might be a good idea to spend more time together. Learn about one another's habits sooner rather than later. Plus, it will help the crew remember that Amelia is your woman Connor. Make her even more off limits in her mind. I think it's the perfect idea to at least try it out. Give it a few days. If it doesn't work out, you are welcome back but... give it a try. Night."

The door closed in their faces. They had not even realized Thea had ushered them back into the hall once more. Amelia turned to look at Connor, give him a triumphant smile, "Well then, I am rather tired. Shall we get back to OUR room?" she asked before turning and heading that way with an almost skip in her step.

Meanwhile, in Thea's room, she gave a sigh of relief and crossed to plop down on her bed.....making it creek that odd creek once again... crushing the naked pirate hiding under there without thinking about it.

Conner had just basically stood there as the two women made a discussion that made his life all the more difficult. He blinked as he seemed to just see Theaâ??s door open a close almost missing it all. â??Umâ?¦I guess.â? He just was in a bit of shockâ?¦what was he going to do the princess was going to be in his roomâ?¦sleeping in his bedâ?¦oh dear. He just motioned a little down the passage waiting for her to start heading the THEIR room.

Ralph had just been sat on twice once was okay by Amelia since she didnâ??t know he was there but Thea should have. Reaching out with the one hand he could move he grabbed at her ankle tugging at it lightly trying to remind her that he was here and she was a little heavier then the younger Amelia.

"OH!!" Thea said with a gasp as she felt Ralph's hand wrap around her ankle and she suddenly remembered where she had hidden him when Amelia came knocking at the door. Quickly she shot to her feet once more before falling to her knees to help him out from under the bed, "Ralph! Oh darling! I'm sorry!"

She nodded her head a little as he motioned for her to pass him by and took it. Soon they were back in their room once more, the door closed behind them, locked. She went over and sat down upon the small bunk. It would require them to sleep like they had that one night they slept on the floor by the door. Wrapped in one another's arms. Amelia actually looked forward to that...

Ralph smirked slipping out from under the bed and sitting on it next to his love. Leaning over he kissed her neck lightly growling lightly. â??mmm oh dear now thanks to those two I will have to undress you again.â? He smirked and started to push her dress of her shoulders kissing the exposed flesh to get her mind back into the room and back into the mood.

Conner stood on the other side of the room looking across at Amelia, the woman he was supposed to marry in the near future. He swallowed hard looking at her hair and eyes and blushing deeply not even sure how he was going to be able to look at the rest of her body, but that made him blush even more after all he was a pirate and not supposed to be embarrassed by those types of things. He coughed lightly, â??So I will sleep by the door again you can have the bunkâ?¦I umâ?¦wellâ?¦â?

She laughed slightly and smiled, shaking her head a little, "Are we going to have this fight once again? You remember the last time? Let us just skip the middle and go right to the end where we both end up in the same bed. Or would you rather we play though this little game?"

Conner blushed more looking down again. â??look I justâ?¦I mean we arenâ??t married yet and I know you really didnâ??t have a choice in it butâ?¦I donâ??t want to force you to sleep in the same bed with meâ?¦it seems unfair.â? He looked down sighing deeply not knowing what to say but he finally came over and sat down on the bed with her looking at the floor. â??I canâ??t win this one in anywayâ?¦so I guess we might as well use the bunk since its more comfortable then the floor even with the mattress.â?

Amelia was sitting on the other side of the bed, her back to him, looking down at the floor. Silent. A sigh. She clearly wanted to say something, but did not. She just quietly laid herself down on her side of the bed, hugging towards the edge giving him almost the entire mattress for his space.

Conner sighed and quickly toed his boots off before laying down flat on the bed a bit on one side to give her room. It took a moment for him to realize that she was curled up on the side of the bed as far away from him as she could be. It hurt a little as deep in his mind he had been looking forward to having her cuddled up in his arms but now she seemed to not want to be close to him. he sighed and rolled over so he was facing her, â??Amelia?...are you really that mad at me for basically pushing you into this relationship?â? he reached out his hand touching her shoulder. â??I didnâ??t know what else to doâ?¦I couldnâ??t let you get hurt.â?

Amelia sighed, sounding frustrated, "I have told you what feels like a thousand times... no. I'm not mad. You had no other choice and I thank you for saving my life for it. How many times more must I say it before you accept it? Before you accept me?" She rolled over and faced him, a look of actual hurt on her face, "Aren't I at least a bit interesting to you? You try to give every reason to not share a nights sleep with me, why? I'm sorry if I'm not what you wanted in a wife..."

Conner blinked as she said that his mouth falling open a little. He had not thought that she would be so ready to sleep in the same bed as him, after all she was a princess. â??Butâ?¦I thoughtâ?¦â? he stumbled over his words nothing coherent coming out after that. Finally he stopped reached down taking her hands and looking into her eyes. â??Ameliaâ?¦you are very interesting to me in every way.â? He sighed biting his lip before he continued. â??I just feel like either the situation or that I am forcing you to do thisâ?¦I donâ??t want to do thatâ?¦â? he sighed again looking down for a moment before looking back into her eyes his hand brushing over her cheek. â??You are everything I had dreamed of but never hoped to have in a wife, but youâ??re a princess and Iâ??m just a pirate how could I expect you to want to sleep in the same bed as me?â?

Back
Top Bottom