Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Southern Love [Closed to me/midnightghost12]

"we can change that." He said with a chuckle as they walked through the front door. He looked around, not really knowing what to expect of the place. He looked at her and then back around the room. Then to her. "Well where we sitting?"

"Well I don't wanna be a wild party girl." She smiled and walked with him the cafe was nice sized and had a few booths and tables a small band playing. The smell of sandwhiches and soup filled the air and the wall was covered with talent that had passed threw one of them hers. "We can take a booth I need a bite I'm starved been working on my art so I didn't get lunch."

"You're art mon ami?" He asked as he tilted his head and followed her over the to the booth she had picked. Sitting across from her he chuckled. "You don't have to be a wild party girl, maybe just wild occasionally." He smirked and laughed a little.

"Yeah I make art for mom's gallery it sells really well." She blushed lightly and moved to sit at a booth and set her purse beside her. "I think I could maybe live with that I could be wild with out drinking I'm sure." She smiled and giggled lightly.

He smirked and laughed. "Not from what i've seen." He said with a sracastic smirk. "What kind of art?" He said as he looked around for a waiter a little impatient.

"This isn't my kind of wild I'm a hunter or fisher that's wild to me." She smiled and looked to the counter and waved and a girl was on her way over. "Well I paint and sculpt mostly and make jewellery. My best is landscapes and nature paintings and kids like my banks that I sculpt. It's a good living and I help run the resturaunt in the hotel."

He laughed and shook his head. "I have to work some party into you..." He smirked and laughed a little bit as the waitress walked over. He smiled. "Whats the strongest drink you got mon ami?" He asked without a second thought about the warning from earlier.

"Aww I'm not that boring." She said with a pout and was slightly hurt and hid her face behind the menu and looked to the waitress "Just my usual." She smiled and pushed some hair from her eyes and handed her the menu still a little pouty.

He smiled and handed her the menu. "Just whatever the strong thing is." He said and then looked at the pouty girl across from him. "Thats a really cute look for you mon ami, kinda sexy." He smirked and slightly ran his foot up her leg with a wink.

She smiled and giggled lightly "Well I don't like being considered boring." She squeaked and blushed moving her leg away a little taken back by that."Why'd you do that? We just started dating." She tilted her head confused by it.

He turned his head to the side and smirked. "We're still technically not dating mon ami, and I was just flirting, is that a problem?" He asked with a smile and then looked at her to await a response.

"Oh I guess I'm to boring I kind of figured that."She sighed and looked down and looked at him "I've just never dated before or flirted I'm still new to all of this. Well I had one boyfriend but I was just a play toy I guess I'm afraid to get hurt again."Her parents kept her under eyes until she was an adult after that and she hadn't wanted anyone close so this was still new.

[She'll loosen up he just has to be gentle]

He smiled and nodded. "Well mon ami, I am not a bad guy, in most cases. You're safe." He said with a smile and reached over the table to run his hand down the side of her cheek. "Cheer up, I won't bite. Unless you ask me too." He smirked and apologized. "I am kidding."

She looked at him and nodded blushing at the soft touch it made her relax. "I just wanna be friends first since it's been so long since I've had one." She touched his hand and felt her cheeks tingling at his touch. "Is being so tame a bad thing?"

He smiled and took her hand and laughed. "No, it's kind of cute." He said and then pulled his hand back to himself. He pulled a deck of cards out of his jacket. "Know any card games ?" He smirked being a member of the Thieves Guild he knew every card trick in the book and was looking to impress a little.

She felt her heart jump when he held her hand "Thanks." She smiled and set her hand in her lap "Well my grandpa was teaching me poker with spare change before he passed we never got to finish though." She played with her knecklace feeling like a little kid and her crush she was full of butterflies.

He smirked and started to shuffle the cards, occasionally doing a few small slight of hand tricks, bridging, tossing them from one hand to the other and then dealing two cards to each of them. "What poker game, before I deal out more cards." He said and smiled.

"There wasn't anything special to it." She said with a glance as the waitress set her bowl down it was chicken noodle soup and toast "Thanks Emily." She smiled and smelled it perfect as usual and plenty of noodles "I could try and ask Gram what kind he played."She looked at the cards oddly a 2 and Queen of Hearts.

He smiled. The waitress set his drink down and he smiled to her as well. "You know, Texas hold em?" He asked hoping to jog her memory by saying it out loud to her. He smiled and took a drink. It was strong, it was mixed and it was good. He took another long drink.

"Maybe I could learn a new game." She smiled and took a bite of her soup and chewed happily it reminded her of home also it was a good price. She swallowed and wiped her lips "Mostly I play darts and pinball." She took another bite and tried to be more social but she just wasn't raised that way so it was a hard habit to break.

He smirked and laughed. "Bad things happen when I play darts." He laughed. "Last time I played I left through a new door." That was before Sinister though, before his powers were put into his own control. Before all those favors. He shook his head and smiled. "I'm sure I could give it another try though if you want to."

"It's up to you though I use magnet darts." She giggled and smiled wiping her lips softly "I could invite you over for Gumbo and we can try?" She was a good cook she knew that much maybe that would land her a Cajun boy yet.

[Sorry hun off to bed night.]

[Was out of town.]
He smiled and laughed a little. "The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Being so far from home good dumbo is hard to find." He smiled and rubbed his chin as he took another drink. "We will see, mon ami. You'll have to name a time first." He smiled and laughed as he sat the mostly empty cup in front of him. "So no cards for now?"

"Then how about next weekend?" She smiled and looked at him nibbling her soup and wiping her chin with a giggle. "Of course we can play.You could teach me if you want I'm able to learn pretty quick." She wasn't sure what to do she'd never been a date.

[Oh otay I was worried]

Back
Top Bottom