Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

Once again, Odds/Ends (Ends). You won't get past it.

And I prefer my 40,000+ 40,000+/40,000+ elf tokens.

And i have a counter for an elf deck like that, that'll make sure to win :p

Flurry of wings + Angel song

Its the perfect counter against token decks x3

Stuffy doll + pariah?
Or
Stuffy doll + valor made real, and you'll lose :p

Of course, Resounding Silence and twincast can remove them as well

Won't work since pariah gives all damage dealt to me to the creature its enchanted to, and since its stuffy doll, the damage would go to you instead

Zennarion said:
Won't work since pariah gives all damage dealt to me to the creature its enchanted to, and since its stuffy doll, the damage would go to you instead
Banefire, if you pay 5 or more, it cant be redirected. pariah redirects it.

Correct, because it doesn't counter the damage.

Now if you had the Ravnica card with ability that takes place when you have no cards in your hand (Can't think of it at the moment.) That states damage can't be redirected or prevented, then you would be fine.

But Banefire would still target Stuffy Doll if it's equipped with Pariah, and the damage would go to whoever the player chose.

Do realize that Stuffy Doll is only a one-shot. I hit you with a lightning bolt, it dies, and it only does 1 damage to the opponent, because it can only TAKE that much damage. It's a similar thing with effects with trample on a creature blocked by fog bank.

Unless they eratted it, or they make a specific ruling, it can only do one damage without a toughness increase.

Neurok_Shinobi said:
Lol.... Stuffy is indestructible.
Indestructible doesn't matter for that scenario. It absorbs as much damage as its toughness, then the rest disappears unless it's combat trample damage. Then you check to see if it is destroyed from the damage, and if it's indestructible, it isn't. Damage isn't wiped until the end of the turn. So unless you increase the toughness of it, damage from it is limited to 1 a turn.

But yes, I did miss that it was indestructible at first glance. Though, wither does a wonderful bit with that.

Neurok_Shinobi said:
If you would try to provoke, simply tap it to deal one damage to itself in response.

As for the exile, counter it.
provoke untaps, it's when it attacks, as well. so you couldn't tap it in response, because it would either be tapped, or it would tap before provoke came into effect.

As for counters, I hardly think mana would be easy to come by if you play that early.

Activated abilities unless otherwise stated, or considered instants.

And even if it untaps it, just use the ability again.

There are very cheap counter spells, so that's not really an issue.

The cheapest I know only counters blue instants.

As for tapping it, you would only save your creature, because it wouldn't actually damage itself for it's effect because it already took its max for the turn.

There are two and three mana cost counters, as well as a few traps from Zendikar I believe.

There's also merfolks/wizards that can counter as well.

Yes, but those usually come at a high creature cost.

As for the doll, Street Savvy. One green for 0/2 bonus. throw a few on them and block godsire and send the damage back to them.

Not really lol... three to four on average.

Quite a few counters in Shards as well, hell, there's even one that counters two spells, and it only costs two blue, one red.

There's also a card that counters for three, that has storm (For every spell played before it this turn, copy the spell, and choose a new target.)

There's also the equipment that gives +0/+6 from Mirrodin- costs one to play, three to equip.

You highly underesitmate the power of combos.

I cam into Magic after Mirrodin, and I don't go out and buy too many cards. I see what I like and get it.

As for the two counter cards, for the one that targets two spells, unless it says up to two, there has to be two spells on the stack. As for storm with the other counter, It counts how many spells were played as it is activated on the stack.

Back
Top Bottom