Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any other magic the gathering players here?

I haven't played in years, but I played type2 back during ninth edition. Had a nice little red/black sliver deck that, while not brokenly efficient, promised to at least annoy the piss out of my foes.

Sliver required little strategy, and most of the cards were fairly cheap as opposed to some of the other themes. The current set; Zendikar, has a lot of really expensive, and powerful cards. The dual lands fetch a very nice price.

I play a couple decks. My main one is black and blue with artifact creatures, and then a blue deck with a fuck load of counters and two or three spell jack cards. At the moment I'm trying to collect planeswalker cards.

All of the planeswalkers are pretty expensive, most being upwards of fourteen dollars. The only ones I have right now is Tezzeret and Elspeth Tirel. And the only others I want to get are the green hunter, and the red shaman (Can't think of names at the time.)

Garruk Wildspeak, and Chandra Nalaar. Both are pretty good. I've got Jace Beleren, and Liliana Vess. I want Ajani Goldmane really badly.

Those are the ones. I'm trying to beast out my token deck ,and it actually is working right now, even though the only devour is a single Mycoloth.

I don't like using token cards.....they're annoying to deal with sometimes. =\ I just carry cards that make it easy for me to get a lot of mana out there really fast so I can just summon a large ass creature with flying on you. Then I make it so that it's nearly impossible for you to get anything BUT mana.

I haven't actively played for a long time, though I still have all my decks(Type 1) and binders full of cards. I played from Armageddon to First Dawn, placed high in a handful of tournaments, and even got the chance to beat a few people in a tourny that play professionally.

My favorite decks are my Green/Artifact beatdown/board control deck, Red/Artifact burn deck that never runs out of steam, and my sixty card Rainbow Sliver deck.

The game was really fun but I hated the amount of money you had to consistently sink to stay current. More than that though, once you got to the higher end of tournament brackets the douchebaggery really comes out in people, whether it's little mannerisms, a full-fledged attitude, or flagrant cheating. I loved the challenge of Limited, but the people really sucked the fun out of it.

On a sidenote, I highly recommend checking out Vanguard cards for any M:TG players who want a really fun twist to their game.

I used to play when my friend and I worked at a call center. Used this one program that lets you play PC to PC. Twas hot.

Green and Black decks were cool, and I can't remember the really badass deck we screwed with sometimes. I liked assembling them, too. Artifact decks are mean, heh

vampire seduction said:
I used to play when my friend and I worked at a call center. Used this one program that lets you play PC to PC. Twas hot.

Green and Black decks were cool, and I can't remember the really badass deck we screwed with sometimes. I liked assembling them, too. Artifact decks are mean, heh
Yep, i agree artifact decks are mean, very mean when you have a darksteel reactor and a Arcum Dagsson to get it in play with, it should be possible for you to have darksteel reactor in play in the fifth turn if you get the right cards, and once its in play, it'll be hard for your opponents to get through your defense.

I have a few friends who play Magic, but I've never really gotten into it. I went to see one of my friends play in a little tournament at a shop in the mall. He came in second place so I guess he's pretty good, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what kind of deck he uses... I mostly looked around at the comic books and action figures the entire time. >_> It looks a little too... annoying for me... But I'm still considering getting into it, people seem to have a lot of fun playing, and collecting cards. :eek:

Try with stuffy doll + Pariah
Thats a pretty good combination if you can force all of your opponents monsters to attack

I actually just started playing again. Most of my cards are Beta revised but they do the job still =^-^=

I just got the Duels of The Planeswalkers from the x-box arcade (360).

It's... alright I suppose, but the opponet always seems to get everything they need, or maybe that's just my luck.

If the duels of the planes walkers is like the first magic the gathering game for xbox(the first one) then im probably not going to like it x3

The first one was very weird, luckily, it wasn't my game.

No, it's different than that.

It plays like the normal card game. It's also set in the X, M10, and Shards of Alara block.

You are given a deck (based off the planes walkers) and you can only add in cards, you can't take any of the default cards that were in the deck out. To unlock more cards, simply defeat other planeswalkers.

The concept isn't too difficult, and it has tuturoials and the such for new players, but like I siad, the computer always gets what they need.

Well that was fun. Did an rpga event and got store credit.

Used store credit to buy four packs of Zendikar (the newest set).

I got some decent cards, but I got Arid Mesa (non-basic land) and Verdant Catacombs (another non-basic land) The first is for red and white, and the second is for black and green, both are rare, and worth fifteen to twenty dollars (Low end).

I also got two dual lands that when they come into play, you gain a life (one is red and green, the other was white and blue)

With my store credit, I spent under two dollars of my own money. ^^

You should have seen some of the cards one of my friends got to the pre-release event x3

A Roil elemental, which allows you to take control of a monster when you play a land card, due to the landfall effect, but of course, when Roil elemental is destroyed, they return to their owner.

And then, he got a green elf card that allows him to play an additional land card each turn, and he didn't even make a combo out of them for the tournament >>

Of the new non-basic land cards, Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle is probably my favorite.

I just picked up Nissa Revane. I friggin love her -10 ability. I put her in my green elf deck. the ability let's me summon every elf creature without paying their mana cost.

Back
Top Bottom