Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mistaken Identity (Life on Mars/butterfly0408)

butterfly0408

Singularity
"You look tired demon..." Morgana taunted as she defensively stalked about the temple, drawing him ever closer to his demise. So far so good. He had fallen right into her high priestess's perfectly laid trap.

Everyone in the village below was in on it. The only thing she had not anticipated was how the temple would suffer in their battle as it had been taken high on the hill to it. It would not be able to be used after this. Soon it would be nothing but ruins and the final, eternal resting place of the demon before here. A few hundred more feet and he would walk right into the center of the binding circle she had already place for him. Only one word from her lips as he reached the center and he'd be trapped forever in a stone statue. A fitting punishment for him.

"Come now demon, I am hardly winded," she taunted further as she lead him right though the circle. Just a bit more, "Do not disappoint me now. Come forward and fight me."

"I have more than enough strength to finish you, witch." Broderick spat back as he took another step forward. He was dressed in black leather and furs, stained with the blood of a few reckless villagers who ad dared to interfere with his battle. His gripped his large claymore tighter as he followed the priestess through the temple grounds. "I will kill you here, there return to the village you you tried in vain to protect and slaughter the men," his evil smirk grew wider, " and make whores of it's women."

He picked up the pace as he followed her, his mind only focusing on his prey. He was barely winded from his pursuit of her, such mortal inconveniences long since lost on the blood-soaked battlefield of his past. "Stand still woman so that we may fight!"

A smirk crossed Morgana faces. Five more steps or so and it would be perfect. Just perfect. "Come demon and catch me if you like. You may try at least, but you shall fail and peril." Only two steps now. One. And finally, "Eehtdinbi!!" she cried out. The word seemed to make no sense, but it did to her. It what a word she created to bind Broderick. One only she knew and could use against him. And it worked perfectly, just as planned.

The moment the word was spoken, the circle she had so carefully drawn and hidden came to life below him and chains of her power wrapped around him, twisting and bending him as they stilled him into a statue of living stone. He had only a few seconds left before he would be still forever. Morgana approched, drawing a knife to finish the binding once he was frozen. "Any last words for the world demon?" she asked, that smirk nice and wide on her lips now.

"I will enjoy killing you, treacherous witch!: he snarled as he unwittingly stepped into the center of her trap. He only paused when she shouted her word of power, feeling his feet lodge themselves into the ground and refuse to move.

"What sorcery is this!?" He screamed in rage, his body contorting and flailing as he felt the tendrils of her power snaking through his body. The magic coursed through his veins and strangled his nerves causing him to scream in agony. In a last attempt to slay her he swung his sword though the air, only to have his arm freeze in mis-slice leaving him holding the bloody blade tightly in his grip.

He heard the blade being drawn before he saw it and turned his eyes in his still head towards Morgana. "Any last words for the world demon?" He heard her ask, her victory secure. He had no words for her, all he had was but into a primal scream that came from the depths of his soul. It was filled with all his hatred, rage, and blood lust and echoed throughout the town sending villagers running to their homes in fear. It was all directed at her, but it was all for nothing if he could not move.

"How fitting," she commented on this cry of death. It was the last thing he heard before the spell took a final hold. He was stone through and through. Taking the knife, she cut open her own palm and held her bleeding hand to his stone chest. "My blood binds thee. Forever and eternally. Cast in stone." It was done. Broderick was defeated. With her head high, Morgana left the temple, returning to a heroes welcome at the village below. Finally, all was right again...

The years passed. The village grew, prospered with the defeat of Broderick. Centuries pasted, wars were fought, and in the blink of an eye it was the new millennium. That little village was now a fairly large country town. A tourist spot. The highlight of which was the ruins of the once great temple. The centerpiece, the great stone demon.

Diana grew up in the town. She knew the ruins well. Something about them always seemed to call to her. Drawing her to the statue all the time. She would gaze up at it and swore from time to time it gazed back. A life in the eyes of it. Impossible.

This was was just like another other day. Diana gazed up at the stone demon and could not help but reach her hand up to touch the stone blade in his hand. "Ow!" she said as a sharp pain coursed through her hand. She had cut herself on the stone and a few drops dripped onto the stone of the statue. Thinking nothing of it. She quickly left to wrap her cut...

But something terrible had just taken place. The great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great niece of Morgana... the carrier of Morgana's blood had touched the statue with ancient blood and the spell.... was broken. Slowly, the blood seeped into the stone. Within a few hours, Broderick would be free once more. And find himself in a whole different world then what he last saw.

((OOC: I figured it might be kinky to have him come in search of Morgana, find Diana and drag her back to the temple. Mmmm. At least I think that's kinky))

((sounds kinky to me =) ))

An eternity. That was what it felt like trapped inside the stone enchantment. Time barely passed at all in his prison, the visions that passed through his cold, stone eyes seeming more like dreams than true sight. As the centuries passed only one thought stayed with him, kept him from slipping away into the void: vengeance. It came without warning. His blade had called out to him, feeling flesh yield underneath it's frame for the first time in over a thousand years. Then taste of blood filled his mouth.

Then, agony.

His stone skin began to crack, and in the eyes of the moon Broderick burst shed his prison sending stone fragments thought the air in an explosion of light. His sword his the ground, embedding itself in the rock underneath them as he collapsed to the ground. In his first moments of living again his lungs held no air, his veins no blood. He struggled on the ground, writhing in agony but desiring it to never end, the joy of simply feeling again making him want to howl. Then, with one gulp of air his lungs filled and his heart began to pump and Broderick looked to the full moon and let out a scream not heard since the ancient times but still filled with that horrible promise. He echoed throughout the town like it had once before, and for a single second it's inhabitants paused what they where doing to look to the hills. It was over as soon as it began though, and they returned to their duties.

Grasping the hilt of his sword Broderick dipped the finger of his gauntlet into a small drop of blood on the ground. Raising to his nose he sniffed, grinning at the familiar sent. The hunt was on.

Diana was lounging on her sofa in her little one bedroom apartment, reading a book and listening to the sound of the TV, even though she was not watching it. Only in a pair of PJs to make herself more comfortable, she was getting to a great piece of the book. A battle pending, ready to break and then.... something. She paused from her book and looked up. Something was, wrong. Something was in the air. It made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end.

Setting her book down, she rose from the sofa and went out on the little balcony that looked towards the hills. The air was cool, especially in her tank top and shorts, her bare feet to boot, but something seemed to call to her. Taking a deep breath, she gazed into the night. The full moon lit up the sky and the ruins glowed on high. Something... was coming. She did not know how she knew it, but she did.

Things had changed.

Broderick no longer recognized the countryside. The trees were different, as was the air. It carried with it a strange sent that burned his nostrils, soot and ash, and something he couldn't place. He ventured into the town, his large form hidden in the shadows between buildings and behind fences. He knew not how long he had been imprisoned, how long Morgana had to prepare for his return, but he would not be tricked so easily a second time.

His sword was sheathed at this side and as he moved through the strange buildings with their smooth roads of stone his armor kept silent, for he knew how to remain unnoticed to the eyes of mortals. He sniffed the air, watching a metallic beast roll as fast as a horse, but drawn by nothing.He did not understand this strange magic, nor did he care. Only one thing mattered in his mind.

The farther he traveled the more he realized This was not the village he attacked all those years ago. He knew he was in the right place however, could feel it in his bones, for only one creature had that scent.

Jumping over a fence he landed in an alleyway next to a three story building. He looked up to the highest window, knowing she dwelled within. As he gripped the handle of his sword tightly, his lust for vengeance commanding him to burst in and attack. As he though this a dog appeared at the end of the alley, growling and barking at the force of evil it sensed. Faster that any man could he drew his sword and silenced the mongrel, moving to the shadows to see if he was noticed.

The dog barking from below was always so annoying. The neighbors dog. Ugh, she wished it would just shut up. And then, with one final yelp, it did. How odd. It usually barked for hours this time of night, but she did not think a second thought on the matter. She was too tired to care about the mean mutt.

Turning out the light and shutting off the TV, she turned in for the night to her bedroom. Curling up under the covers, she rested her head against the soft pillow and gazed a little while through the window, mesmerized by the light of the full moon as it cast itself in upon her in bed. A few minutes later she was peacefully asleep.

Nothing. He smiled to himself and made his way to the wooden staircase that led to her door. The wood creaked under his frame as he made his way up. He was surprised Morgana would have such an easy access to her home, but he did not overlook his good fortune. When he reached the door he pressed his ear against it, listening for movement. She was inside, he could feel it.

Lining up his shoulder he slammed his bulk against the door frame, breaking it off it's hinges and sending it falling to the floor. He stood in the room, drawing his sword and looking for his foe. "Morgana! I've come for you!"

Diana sprang up and awake right away as her eyes tried to focus in the darkness of the room. What was going on?! Feeling for the lamp next to the bed, she turned it on and quickly hopped out of her bed, heading for the door leading to her living room. "What the hell-" she opened the door without thinking and half exiting the bedroom as she flipped on the lights in their as well, giving her a nice view of him. She froze.

A million things rang through Diana's head all at once, but one thing was dominate over all other things. I must be dreaming. The man standing before her was the statue. The demon statue from the ruins. There was no denying it. She had seen the statue since she was young, she know the dark, handsome figure anywhere. And since that was impossible, she had to be dreaming. Perhaps it was one of the erotic dreams? Her eyes lowered then to his blade.... that didn't seem like it belonged in an erotic dream. This must be a nightmare!

Reacting as quickly as she could, she retreated back into her bedroom, shutting the door and locking it behind her. Had to be dreaming! Had to be dreaming!

When the light flared through the open door he shielded himself, expecting some sort of attack only to find nothing assaulted him. Then he saw her, Morgana in the flesh. There was no denying who she was. Her dress may be different, but that face and smell...it had to be her.

She looked terrified of him, as well she should. He had waited to long for this moment. "Morgana!" he roared at her as she closed the door, "do not think you can run from me!" Surging forward he raised his boot and kicked down her bedroom door, shattering the wood and sending splinters everywhere. He looked down at her, snarling. "Remember me witch? I've come to finsih what we started."

The force of him knocking in the door actually there her back and to the ground. Pieces of wood fly at her, cutting her arms as she held them up in front of her face for protection. Ow... it hurt. The cuts... hurt. This was not a dream! You can't feel pain in a dream! This was REAL!

Now even more fear was coursing through her as she looked up at the man towering over her with his sword in hand. Diana's jaw hung open in shock a few moments, no sound able to form before finally, she screamed! "AHHHH!!!" The cry was high pitched and shrill, filled with terror. Terror and fear for her own life! "Don't kill me! I didn't do anything wrong! I don't know who you are! I've never seen you before in my life!" She struggled to push the pieces of door over herself to flee.

Benedict looked down at her, anger and confusion coursing through him. Where was the fiery temptress who sealed him away? Who mocked him on the battlefield and confounded him at every turn. He reached out and grabbed her by the throat, picking her up with ease and hurling her to the bed. His sword pressed against her throat and could have easily taken off her head if he so wished. "You expect me to believe that the wench who sealed me away does not remember me?" he snarled in her face. He leaned in, close enough for her to feel the heat of his breath on her face. "Remember me now, Morgana?"

She let out the slightest of screams as his fingers wrapped around her throat before the grasp grew tight, cutting off her air and all other sound. That is except for the gasping then, a struggle for breath. When finally he let up just enough to breath once again, she found the cold touch of his blade against her skin. Panic filled her. He was going to kill her and it was a mistake! A terrible mistake! It had to be. He was calling her Morgana. "My name isn't Morgana!" she cried out before tears of fear started to roll down her face and she whimpered, "I-I'm D-D-Diana! And I DON'T want to die!" She was crying violently, her hands clawing at his hand on her throat to try and get him off her. "Please! PLEASE!"

With a snarl he threw her head back, letting her lay on the bed as he backed away. This was not the Morgana he knew. His Morgana would never beg so pitifully, nor would she shed a single tear for herself. She called herself Diana...was he wrong?

No. Her smell was the same as the priestess who cursed him. She had to be her! There was some kind of foul magic at work here and he would get the truth out of her, one way or another. Sheathing his sword he reached for the bedsheets she lay on, easily ripping the fabric into several long strips. Without ceremony he grabbed her arms and bound her wrists together in an expert knot. "I will learn the truth of this manner, foul witch, in the place it all began." He would take her back to the temple. How fitting it would be to exact his revenge in the same place she bound him. Taking another length of cloth be gagged her mouth and flung her over his shoulder, heading for the door.

For a moment, she thought she might have actually talked some sense into him. Perhaps he realized how wrong he had been since he moved away. A sigh of relief rang through the air as she watched him put his sword away. Thank God, he had come to his senses. Whoever he was.

Not!

"What are you doing?!" she questioned as she watched him start to rip her sheets. Somewhere inside her, she knew what he planned with those now ruined pieces of cloth. "No! Please don't!" She said as he grabbed her wrists. Okay so NOW he was kidnapping her! Time to try and talk new sense into him. "I promise you won't get a good price for my ransom! No one would pay you for me! I-" The rest of her plea was cut off on a "HEY!" as he gagged her. All the rest then was muffled as she started to kick and scream into it.

Where was he taking her? What did he mean take her where it began? How could this be happening to her? Bad things happen to good people!

He stepped out into the moonlight, his eye's annoyed by the strange lights emanating from the poles along the road. Normally he would not have bothered with the gag, but he did not yet want to alarm the villagers of his return. He wanted no one to interrupt him as he took his revenge on the priestess. He smirked at the thought. Oh yes, this would be fun.

Grasping the edge of the roof her flung himself up and over it, landing on the top of the building shaking her up but doing no damage. Looking around he bent his powerful legs and ran forward, jumping at the edge of the roof and landing on the adjacent dwelling. He landed hard but no worse for wear and ran for the next jump. Like this he made his way through the town, insuring no one saw him of his captive. Eventually he crossed the whole of the village and landed on the sidewalk. sprinting off towards the hills and the darkness they provided.

He carried her like a a sack of potatoes up towards the temple ground, enjoying the view of her ass bumping up and down right next to his face. "Tonight," he told her, "you shall pay for trapping me in that stone prison!"

His threat was lost on her. She had been unconsious for quite some time. From the moment he took the two of them to the top of her roof to be exact. One look down at the ground below and it was just to much for her. She was freaked out enough at it was, adding heights to that and just... to much.

She hung limp over his shoulder then, lost in and un-natural slumber. In her dreams though, something strange occupied. She saw a woman in her dream. A women that looked just like her. She tried to reach out to her for it looked as if the woman was trying to tell her something. Some word for her lips moved, but the sound was lost over the distance between them.

It was only now that Broderick noticed the state of the temple. It was nothing more that ruins, nowhere near the splendor it had been when their battle began. Time had taken it's tole on the structure, leaving it crumbling and fading away. Entire sections seemed to have disappeared since last he laid eyes on it. How long had he been trapped?

Pushing it out of his mind he headed for a section of the temple that had been overgrown with vines. His sword made short work of them, revealing a stone wall with a hold in the middle. Reaching out he grasped the slab and with his tremendous strength pulled it forward revealing a hidden room behind it. It was dark and musty, the air old from being sealed off, but he payed it no mind. Taking his prey in hand he trudged on, sealing the door back up behind them.

He walked through the dark hallway, entering a circular chamber with a stone slab in the middle, the length of human body and stained with blood of a thousand sacrifices. As he entered it seemed to come to life around him, the torches igniting and giving the room some illumination. It was here he placed her unconscious body, taking a moment to look over her features. She was truly a beauty, and the thin garment she wore made his loins stir for the first time in a thousand years. Smirking to himself he brought up a pair of iron manacles, untied her wrists, and bound them to chains. The were slack enough for her to lift her arms, but not enough for her to escape. He took a step back, leaning against the wall as he waited for her to awaken.

At first, Diana stayed still as the stone she lay upon. The only movement from her body the rising and falling of her chest as she would breath in and out. After a few minutes, the chill of the stone and the air of the room started to effect her body. She shivered from time to time, but one part of her had a constant effect. Her nipples grew chilled and as so became like little pebbles beneath her shirt, poking at the thin fabric.

Was not long after that, Diana finally started to stir back to life. At first it was just little movements, nothing more then squirming upon the stone. Then her head rolled a little from side to side and finally they opened. Her vision totally out of focus at first. The darkness of the room did not help it knock back into focus as well. But soon it was starting to get clear. And the first thing she say was her hand chained up next to her head, laying upon blood covered stone.

With a gasp, her eyes went wide, forcing a full focus at last as she struggled to get up, but was stopped by her chain bindings. "No!" She cried out as she pulled at them once again, and pulled, and yanked! This wasn't happening! She started to pull so hard at the chains, the rusted metal cuffs started to cut at skin round her wrists. Through the whole thing, she had yet to notice Broderick watching her from across the room.

"I wouldn't do that."

His voice cut through the air like a saw, tough and grating. "You might damage your wrists and bleed out. Can't have that."

He stepped out from the corner, his eyes widening slightly at the sight of her nipples poking out through her shirt. He could not remember seeing such a provocative sight in ages. Composing himself he drew is sword, slowly circling her. "I've waited long in that stone prison you put me Morgana, it passed by like a nightmare. One I thought I would never awaken from."

He moved closer to her, his leather covered hand trailing up her thigh. "At first I thought I would sin you alive, let you bleed over the ground and hang you in the middle of town." His hand traveled over her hip, moving up her chest. Her heartbeat was thundering. "Then I though I would cut off your limbs and feed you to wild animals." He grasped her face, staring into her eyes. "What about you, what do you think is a fitting punishment?"

Hearing his voice, seeing him creep from the shadows, it made her only want to fight against her binds even more but for some reason, all her struggling stopped. All movement stopped for her period. Frozen solid once more. She listened intently to every word he spoke. There was that name again! Morgana! Who was she? Why did he think that she was this woman. And what the devil did she do to him that he wanted her to suffer so. "I told you before," she started as he moved closer, "I am not Morgana. I'm Dian-aahh...." her words blending into the slightly little gasp that shortly there after became a moan. The feel of his hand, the smooth leather of the glove, running over her skin. It was... arousing. She quiver and trembled a moment before the vile taste of his words ruined the mood and the moment for her.

His vivid descriptions of what he wanted to do to this woman that had wronged him, it made Diana feel nauseous. "I told you before," she said in a voice as calm as she could muster, "I am NOT Morgana! I know no one by that name. My name is Diana. What do I have to do to prove it to you? Show you my birth certificate? My drivers license? What!? I swear to you I am not the one you want to harm! You're making a big mistake!"

He growled when she again denied it, spouting off strange words that he did not recognize. He covered her mouth with his hand, keeping her from speaking to guard against her magics. "Again you deny it! But why does your face match hers? Why do you speak with the same voice." He moved in closer to her, "why do you smell like her...?"

He tossed her head back, gritting his teeth in anger. "Have you kept me sealed in that statue for so long you have forgotten about me?" He drew his sword, cutting through the air in anger. "Did you forget about our battle on the hilltop, or when I nearly sliced your head off in the town square?" This girl had to be Morgana, she had to be! He would not be denied his vengeance!

How could she reply to him with his hand over her mouth? Wanting to answer each question as he spouted them off. She didn't know. She didn't know. She just didn't know how any of it was possible. Perhaps this Morgana was a relative of hers? A distant one that she didn't know about? No that didn't make any sense either!

As he threw her head back, it bounced hard off the stone alter under her. Josseled once again from the blow, her vision blurred once again and she groaned. "I... don't know..." she slurred a little bit before groaning once again. Something warm was suddenly against her head. "I think I'm bleeding..." she said as if he might care. Time was running out. If she didn't convince him soon, she'd be dead by his hand, she just knew it. "There has to be something. Something you know about Morgana that only she would have?" She tried to think, "A birthmark? A scar?"

Back
Top Bottom