Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Re: Darker is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, just have them send you your password...

by the way, this seems to be an older darker but a darker all the same ^.^

I already attempted the password redistribution and it doesn't recognize my username and email. I sent an email to the administrator or whatever to find a solution to the problem.

That's whatshisname's backup of the database. Not the darker that was up last month.

Don't you kids think it's a little rude to advertise another roleplay forum on this site, when the administration was so nice to take you in, and give you space upon yet another implosion of Darker?

That was why I made sure to check the rules ^.^ yes, I actually read them and they said nothing against doing this. Darker was a very big thing for me and I had so many amazing roleplays there, I did my first yaoi roleplay there and it was an ADVlit and now the partner I did it with was lost. Honestly, if I could do one last thing on darker it would be to bring that person here so that we may continue and the only chance I have of doing that is finding the site.

No, I do not think it is rude, just because darker might be back up does not mean people will leave. I admit some people might think of it as rude if you look at it the way that you put it but that is not the way that I see it and I am sorry for being rude if you choose to see it that way.

Lieutenant Ducky said:
Don't you kids think it's a little rude to advertise another roleplay forum on this site, when the administration was so nice to take you in, and give you space upon yet another implosion of Darker?

You need to remember that alot of the people that are here now are Darker refugees and have a deep connetion with the site as well as many lost roleplays. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of people are going there now to try and recover them.

Curiously enough, my name on Darker had been LaBelleDameSansMerci.
Some of you might remember me being a partial moderator around those parts, so I can appreciate having an attachment to the place.

I dunno, may just be me. I just think it's a bit impolite.

I think we should destroy the link for the board. Last time Darker went down, Blue Moon went up. We had an influx of members and then lost most of them when Darker went back up.

There is no reason to destroy the link because, like I said, it breaks none of the rules there for there is no valid reason to do so. I was happy to find this and I think other people will be as well.

When the real darker is up, everyone will go flocking back and most likely ignore Blue Moon.

Besides, Rage despised it when people advertised on his site so why should we allow others to advertise his site on this site?

But then Darker will go down again, and people will just flock back and forth.

Also, I think Rage set up a rule that if a website was advertised on his forum, that he was entitled to 10% of their profits.

Thor said:
When the real darker is up, everyone will go flocking back and most likely ignore Blue Moon.

Besides, Rage despised it when people advertised on his site so why should we allow others to advertise his site on this site?
This. Rage has some serious control issues and he's a bit of a dick when it comes to linking (he'll spam other forums, but not allow anyone to advertise on his precious board).

I really think that the link to darker specifically needs to be removed, simply because he's such a freak about the issue.

Thor said:

Rage apparently didn't mind me and seemingly still doesn't. I know someone is right pissed with me for helping Blue Moon, though... that may be his problem to suffer alone.

My own, personal rule for Elliquiy is good enough for here if the mods want it - if you're going to link from us, we expect a link to us. There was a healthy flow of members between Elliquiy and DRP and that suited fine.

The link to DRP's non-functioning backup isn't an issue if people want to bring some of their roleplays over.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite - The darker link stays. Especially because, as Vek pointed out, that's a backup that KuraKai put up after he lolpwned darker last year. That was what caused Narpy to be promoted, some of you may remember.

I'm not worried about members leaving - I feel very much that we have nothing to fear from Darker. They run inferior software on inferior hosting with inferior staff. I can say with complete confidence that Narpy is the only thing keeping that site up - Several times over now.

My brother does try, for some sad reason.
And I don't think it's hypocritical of me, I've always thought it was rude.
I'm not even that partial to this place, it's just manners to me.
I don't walk into a friend's house, and happily announce I'd rather be elsewhere, yah dig?

In fact, I'm sure you'll remember me giving you a bit of a hard time when you first approached me, Veks.

If darker dose come back all I am doing is getting mmy friends to come here.
I mean it used to be an okay sight but itslipped at some point. So if it comes back I will try to ge more people here I know a few good people who would love this place.

I have gone back before but have only seen it end baddly for me and other people I love to talk to, so if I do go back i will get as much back up contact info as I can and visit maybe once or twice a week.

• I do believe that was Darker after the KuraKai mix-up.
      It's not the actual darkerroleplay, though.

If you look at the posts, they date from August of last year.
      [/list:u][/list:u]

It's been a month now, I think DRP is down for good?
How long did it took for DRP to get back up last time?
wasn't it like two weeks?
I mean last time was a hardware issue or server issue.
This time it's a legal issue...right?

WhiteStar said:
It's been a month now, I think DRP is down for good?
How long did it took for DRP to get back up last time?
wasn't it like two weeks?
I mean last time was a hardware issue or server issue.
This time it's a legal issue...right?
This time it's a legal issue -right. However, I'm reasonably sure that they were gone for a month or so this time last year -though my mind may be playing tricks on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom