Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Covert&Midnight) I finally found you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Covert Revulsion

It had been just over a year since the incident that had occurred in the King's court. A young man that had long served the king facing a crime that was much considered idiotic and unnecessary. She hadn't been the only one to agree... but it happened either way. The young man had been banished from the kingdom, for as long as he live. That day, she had cried, yet promised to herself and him, she would find him one day, return to him and be with him until the day she die.

Those memories brought a few fresh tears to roll down her lovely, soft, cream colored cheek. She blinked her eyes, gentle hazel eyes glazed by the tears she had shed for him. Inhaling sharply, she held back from crying anymore, now certainly wasn't the time, she could almost feel she was close to him. The area was dark, illuminated by the stars of the night only. She had abit of difficulty of seeing, but she was intent on reaching the town that was claimed to lie ahead, and it did.

The young woman of nineteen walked, reddish brown tresses hung loosely down to her midback. She stood at a decent height, slim and slender was her body mass. She was Marielle de Rian, a young woman of a middle class family in a kingdom over. She was searching for someone, someone dear to her, someone she promised to not cease looking, and she hasn't. With a gentle sigh, she closed her eyes before blinking them open, and walking towards the shadowed outskirts of town.

Silver eyes, black hair, a muscular build, this was the Rayne de Sion that now lived. Not the man that had been kicked out of his kingdom for his magic, now he was the man who lived to survive. He had no purpose, he had no past, no future. He was in black robes this evening the darkness shrouding him from the eyes of normal humans. His eyes could see though, the spell upon them made sure of that. Blinking in the night he watched the city. It had not been his magic that had released the creatures of the night here, but it was his that combated them at night. He had given himself a purpose in this world, he would help this town.

The small town was built upon an ancient sacrificial circle of the damned. The towns inhabitants were none the wiser though. Except Rayne of Sion, and a couple of the local magus that decided to not inform the people. Rayne was the one of them that decided to do something. Him and two other beings were standing in the dark shadow of a building near the middle of town. The two beings eyes were a bright yellow, like that of sulfur. In fact that's what most of their make up was.

The two creatures were reanimated corpses brought back to serve Rayne. He had been banished for his necromancy and now he used it freely. He hadn't been tainted rather he had become the one that tainted the art. He was not one to kill to make his corpses, nor did he rob graves. His corpses were "donations" from bandits and other assortments of bad guys.

He closed his eyes. That's when he heard it, the loud roar of the being that had came the night before. It was at the edge of town. Rayne took off with the two beings cloaked in darkness behind him.

The beast was large, standing as tall as a house, with shoulders as broad as a cart. Fully naked it walked the land in search of food and pleasure. The demon that had been summoned most recently.

Everything seemed to be dead silent, except for the sound of the wind blowing by. The eerie spell casted over the area didn't seem to faze the young woman to the slightest. She was practically defenseless, except for her trusted lance she had been trained for years in its art of wielding the weapon. Other then that, she was but a mere human, probably being placed up against the supernatural beings of this world. The sound of a roar caught her attention, her hazel hues tilted to rest in the direction of the creature several yards away. He was burly, and quite large. His attention seemed to be focused solely on her, the cloaked young woman that wasn't aware of how dangerous traveling in these parts at night were.

Her body remained shrouded beneath her cloak, her hand moving to her back as she continued to walk, reaching her lance. Her skin crawled as the roar rippled the chilly night air, causing blood to pump and rush adrenaline at the monstrous creature approached her, with intentions of its dark deeds in his eyes.

Rayne was soon in sight of the Demon, this one was new he hadn't seen this one before. He hadn't the time to study it. With a silent command to the two living corpses they ran forwards. Heading towards the beast. When they were close enough they jumped from the darkness their gray flesh showing in the moon light as they attacked the beast with claws and teeth. Gnawing into its flesh and tearing away chunks.

Rayne watched as his minions made work of the demon, thrown from it once of twice, they kept at it. Wearing away at him chunk by chunk of flesh. One chunk landed near Rayne's foot. Smiling he pulled out a small black book. Chanting a dead language low under his breath his hand glowed an odd green color.

Throwing a bolt of green magic at the demon it let out a final roar and fell to the ground feet before the young woman. Not sated for blood the minions eyed the girl. Hungry, wanting, needing to feed. They began to rip and tear at the flesh of the demon, engorging themselves upon it.

Walking from the shadows Rayne had his cloak up when he saw the girl. The lance poised to fight. "It would not have done you much good, that being was not of this earth."

She noticed the suddenly arrival of three figures, and kept the lance under close reach. She didn't know what it was, but it was either fight it off for her life, or perish trying to. Marielle gazed as the two of the three figures bursted off with inhuman speed towards the towering creature. The way the threatening creature had been brought down, with such efficiency, it made her ponder if they were skilled in doing this, which she believed so.

Marielle watched, curious as to how they intended on disposing such monster. The tearing apart of flesh, the flare of magic, the chanting, clearly the creature wasn't of this realm, since it wouldn't have taken much to kill it. She watched the approaching figure closely, when he spoke, felt an undeniable familiarity to him. She cleared her throat, "I'm well aware of that... yet running away was my second option," she mentioned, feeling a faint smile linger on her lips despite her perhaps near death situation.

"Thank you."

A smile curled onto his lips at the young ladies sarcastic words. "Fifteen feet tall with demonic prowess and abilities, no offense lass but you would not have gotten too far." He said with a chuckle. He extended his hand to her and smiled. "Sion." He wouldn't reveal his first name to the town and since it had been a while since he had seen the woman who he had promised his heart to he did not recognize her.

He smiled and looked over his shoulder as the ghouls had devoured the demon down to just bones. Nodding at them 'Sion' smiled and turned to the young lady. "If you will excuse me, I have some work to be done tonight." He said as the ghouls began to carry large quantities of demonic remains off towards a rather large wooden home upon the outskirts of the other side of town.

"Oh, it is not safe out at night. The local inn is down this main street. They keep their customers well enough."

She was glad the man humored with her on the little incident, even since she had probably been close to death. "Unfortunately... I did not have a third option," she mentioned, before accepting his hand, shaking it lightly. She was about to speak her name, yet stifled herself from doing so to reply with. "Rian," she insisted, nodding. "Ah, very well. Thank you, I do need a place to stay," she insisted.

Marielle couldn't help but dawn on how familiar his voice was... but she refused to dwell on it. She began to walk into the town, finding the inn with ease. She paused though, turning slightly to glance at Sion. She bit her lower lip, part of her wanting to ask him a question, but decided against it. Entering the inn, she paid for a room for a night, or how long she planned on staying, she wasn't all to sure.

He smiled and brought her hand to his lips gently kissing the silky flesh of Rian. He watched her walk to the inn and he smiled. A vague familiarity came from her but he knew not how to place it. Watching her through his spell covered eyes he sighed and looked at the spot where the demon’s body once was. Now just the bodily fluids that had been spilt there. He chanted a small spell and the ground returned to normal the fluids causing the ground to become slightly darker.

Walking towards the large home of his he took a small hand rolled cigarette and lit it up. Tobacco was a rare commodity around the Empire but he knew where to look. Smoking the small cigarette on his way to his home he went inside. The ghouls had taken the remains to the outdoor lab, where he would find himself early tomorrow morning. For now it was time for him to sleep. He smiled as he took off his robe and cloak and hung them before heading off in to the bowels of his home.

His chaste kiss upon her hand was enough to make her cheek tint red, her heart to rapidly beat across her chest. A smile curved onto her lips as she gazed at him, before he was out of sight and she was finally in the inn. Marielle purchased a single room for the night, unsure of how long she intended on remaining here. As she changed to her night gown, she couldn't help but ponder why that man had seemed so familiar to her...

She sighed softly, rubbing her eyes as she slowly laid down onto her bed. Her thoughts returned back Rayne, her expression softening before she closed her eyes, her lip trembling slightly.

Rayne drew himself a cold bath in the back of his home. He sighed and chanted to light the fire beneath it. He smiled as the water warmed itself. Fully undressing as the water heated he finally climbed into the tub. He sighed as the water warmed his cold body. His flesh warm to the touch but his soul was as cold as the magic he wielded. Resting his head on the back of the tub he groaned and relaxed.

Finally feeling cleansed and ready to sleep he wrapped himself in a towel and headed to his room. In his room he pulled on a light pair of sleeping pants and crawled into the king size bed that he had been gifted. Closing his eyes he drifted to sleep.

The following morning, Mariella saw that everything was much different compared to last night. It was more lively... she saw many people out and about following their daily routines. She glanced around, her cloak on but with its hood down. She pushed back her reddish, brown hair over her shoulder, as she made her way to the marketplace, intent on stocking up food for her journey. She wasn't entirely sure whether staying here any longer was a wise idea...

'I'll leave early tomorrow morning...' she thought.

Rayne had woke and dressed with the rising son. His ghouls were in the laboratory. He had joined him in all black as they had reconstructed the demonic remains in the center of the room. He inspected them and sighed. He was missing some standard resources for his practices. Sighing he had come down to the market early that day, his hood drawn on his cloak, his body moving slowly through some of the vendors on the edge of the market.

"Two candle boxes, two salt shakers, a black of wolfsbane... what am I forgetting?" He asked himself looking at his satchel of random reagents.

She moved to the food stalls, paying for salted meats and certain fruits, anything that would last. Marielle paid for the contents, placing them into her satchel as she pondered on whether she was missing anything. She walked, rummaging through her bag, not paying much at where she walked till she accidentally nudged against a cloaked figure. "Sorry," she mumbled, keeping her head lowered as she briefly looked up at whoever she had touched.

Turning to look at the young lady that had bumped him he opened his eyes wide. It was, her. The girl that he had left when he was exiled. He reached his hands up and pulled back his cloaks hood, not saying anything he simply smiled. Looking at her he sighed. "I saved you last night didn't I ?" He asked now knowing the true identity of the young woman whom he had saved last night. It was Marielle De Rian.

Marielle froze a bit once his hood was down. Her eyes widened at the sight of who it was, her lips trembled as she gazed at him, Rayne de Sion, the man she had so long searched for. "Y-yes... I- It's really you," she whispered breathlessly. She walked towards him, tears already in her eyes as she gently placed her hand on his cheek. "Rayne..." she murmured.

When she touched him he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. "Marielle, what are you doing here?" He asked as he placed his face against her head. Taking a deep breath of her hair, her scent intoxication to him. He smiled and looked down at her again. "I missed you so much Marielle." He said with a smile. "Why did you leave?" He asked her wondering why she would come and look for him. Yes, they had promised themselves to each other but he never thought he would see her again. She had ventured out, for him.

She threw her arms around his torso, embracing him tightly. "Oh Rayne!" she cried softly into his chest, ever so happy and relieved to see him. Her face nuzzled into his shoulder, in breathing uneven as she cried gently. She managed to regain herself a bit to reply to his questions, wiping her tears. "I left shortly after in search of you..." Marielle informed, gazing up at him. "Did you really expect me to stay?" she mentioned, smiling lightly at him.

He smiled down at her as she looked up at him. He was happy he had his love back. "I didn't know what to expect, my location was sealed I am sure, were you just going to scour the lands until you found me?" He said with a smile looking down at her. He knew that she would and he knew that he was happy to have her. What he didn't know was why the God's had let her find him. Last time they had been together the horrible act of his magic had been revealed to the King, he was banished then. Now here she was in his arms again. Away from the watchful eyes of the King. In a new land with new people and above all else new opportunities. The inhabitants here didn't fear his necromancy they feared the King above anything else. These people were foreign to the Empire and resided here hopefully unwatched by the King.

"Of course," she mentioned, replying to his statement with a gentle smile. She could describe how happy she was to have found him, and gently laced her fingers with his in the meantime. Marielle lifted his hand, kissing it gently and affectionately. "I feel fate has guided me to you..." she murmured, her eyes remaining on him. "Have you remained here the entire time you were gone?" she asked curiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom