Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lonely Wizard (Sharpi & I)

DarkRiffs

Star
He grumbled and muttered under his breath as he proceeded along the halls, it was his free period and he had just had a run in with an annoying slytherin.His short mop of raven black hair was curled upward from not being brushed that morning, bags under his eyes and a grouchy look on his face.Jade green eyes gazed out like a tigers as he made his way to his usual hidey hole.Cain Grendell was a seventh year Ravenclaw who had an aptitude for potions of all things, and had concocted quite a few impressive things during class.

He was too annoyed to shiver as he trotted along the snow-covered outer halls, his feet crunching softly as he made his way along the snowy stone walkway."God damn slytherins" he muttered as he wiped that nasty goop off his wand, a product of the stupid mud spell they had used on him.

it's one thing to constantly be picked on, but another to have no teacher or any staff present when a bunch of immature seventh year Slytherin boys always crowded her and picked on her just because she was what they called a 'nerd.' Hiding behind the corner, she turned a little bit and poked her head out to see if the usual entourage of rude Slytherins were there and low and behold they were. It was as if they waited for her everyday to steal her homework and bully her and he couldn't do much since they always took her wand and played with it. Luckily they weren't heartless enough to break it. It was cruel. There was no other way to subside it, well not that she knew at least.

Sighing, Carlyle Fisher, a sixth year Hufflepuff, walked from the wall and she moved so she was on the other side of the corridor, and hoping that those boys wouldn't notice. As she passed them, she almost made it until one blonde boy turned his head and made such a scene to his friends and they got her. One grabbed her bag and emptied it out on the ground, all her books and papers flying out about and the other grabbed her Hufflepuff robe and took her wand away. Her brown wavy hair, tied up in a ponytail, loosened as they played catch with her robe and she was trying to catch it but it was like hot potato. Going from one guy to another in less than five seconds. there were five guys, one of her and she was definitely outnumbered.

After they got their laughs, they threw her robe on the ground, wiped their shoes on it and not breaking her wand and then grabbed her homework and walked away, laughing. No teacher. No staff. Just a bunch of other students who watched and didn't care to help. "Joy..." she muttered as she slumped down onto her knees gently and started gathering all her stuff. She had her usual uniform on. A white buttoned up shirt, untucked right now, and a navy blue skirt, with her Hufflepuff colored tie on, loosened though. It was after class after all. Her hair by now was untied, her hair tie around her wrist and it was a little fluttered but not messy. This happened everyday, at this same spot, once a day. She learnt to endure it.

There was a lot of shouting a short while after the group of boys rounded the corner, running into the agitated Ravenclaw boy."God damnit!, Isn't terrorizing that poor hufflepuff girl enough in a day?!".Conflict was brewing fast, five of them and one of him."Now you've gotta ruin my mood further by showing your ugly mugs!".The echo of voices lingered as they unleashed there spells.Stunning spells, binding spells and transfiguration spells.All were too slow to nab the nimble boy.With a large grin he let loose his own flurry of spells, knocking three of the boys over, tripping the fourth and laughing as the blonde turned tail, racing off."Come back when you grow a spine!" he called after them.He let out a deep sigh of relief as he rounded the corner, his day was much better now he'd gotten that off his chest.Pausing he blinked as he gazed down at the hufflepuff girl."You're...Carlyle correct?" he asked as he helped scoop up her books and homework sheets.He had noticed the boys picking on her before but had not known it was a daily ordeal."I've seen you in potions class, your pretty good" he commented.

All the shouting and chaos down the hall brought her attnetion to it but she was too busy gthering her stuff. She had a lot of loose papers that had scattered, all that wre her notes and some homeworks papers taht managed to be salvaged and not taken. After gathering them in a pile, she grabbed her robe and took out her wand, using a cleaning spell for it since it was tained with mud and other dirt from whent he boys walked all over it.

As her apparent hero came and helped her, she loked at him and then nodded. "Yes..." She gulped a little bit, afraid he'd pick on her now but he didnt. She was used to bullying since it had been going on for a while. And this was the first time that anyone helped. And it was a wonder why he felt the need to scare off the five Slytherins. "Yeah...Why did you scare those guys off? No one's helped before. why all of a sudden you?" Plus it's not like she ever expressed the need for someone to get those guys off of her back.

He handed her books and notes to her before standing back up."Your welcome.It just pisses me off to see slytherins think they rule the roost" he said, slipping his wand back into his robes as he brushed the dirt off his knees."How long have they been picking on you?.I see them do it occasionally but I don't see why you" he said.She may have been nerdy, but she was pretty too, at least he'd say so.He shrugged softly as she asked why."They pissed me off, it made me feel better to show them their own medicine I guess" he said casually.He hadn't meant to help her originally, but things happened he guessed.

Putting all her books nad such away, tucking loose papers in the proper subject books, she stood up and grabbed her robe, not putting it on. She too her wand out of it and tucked it into the knee high socks she wore and looked at him. "Oh...Well thanks." she nodded and bit her lower lip. "I didn't catch your name...You know mine but I don't know yours." Honestly if he didn't help her, who knows what could have resorted. Forced battle, five against one and she could have been sent to the hospital. She was really thankful for him but now it's not like she was going to broadcast that feeling.

Besides...who's to stay that one day of a threat by him will stop those five Slytherins in bullying her more? They've been bullying her for half the year already. "Half the year. I don't know why but they fancy taking my homework. it's not even eligible for them since it's sixth year work, not seventh year."

"Oh!, how rude of me" he said with a laugh."My name is Cane Grendell" he said with a smile.It wasn't everyday he met new people, he was rather reclusive.He was the mysterious type, he kept his distance to keep folks from bothering him.It wasn't that he didn't want friends, he just hadn't met anyone the piqued his interest enough, others hadn't exactly made the initiative either."Do you want to grab something to eat from the dining hall?.I was heading there anyway, you look like you could use a drink or something as well" he said with a smile.He stood tall, 5'10 and athletic, though his robe hid that fact rather well, one could only see the faintest outlines of his physique."I'm sure those slytherins have planned an ambush elsewhere for you as well, best to avoid it, I'm sure they'll not be pleased".

"Nice to meet you officially." She giggled a bit and walked along with him heading to the Great Hall. She was more hungry than thirsty but either way, she'd get something of it at least. She stood at 5'5 and was slender-thin and not petite. She had some 'junk in the trunk' as well as a chest. Definitely not flat chests and it was obvious since she was holding her robe rather than wearing it. "Yeah, well I'm more hungry than thirsty but okay." she said softly walking into the Great Hall with him and then sighed. "I highly doubt it will be the end of their bullying. One day of being shown up by you won't stop them to continue half a year's worth of bullying to me." She sighed softly, taking a seat at a table.

He tried to keep it covert, but his eyes couldn't help but occasionally take a glance at her bodacious body, such a curvy lass was a rarity in today's society.He sat down across from her and chuckled."Just tell em you'll sick me on them" he said with an amused tone as he slid his robe off.It was a tad warm inside, though It could have been from gazing at her, one could only guess.He was wearing a casual dress shirt beneath, no tie as he generally never wore the darn thing, too hard to tie.He was indeed nicely built, his muscle definition showing beneath the shirt as food materialized on the goldware plates."So what's your favourite subject?" he asked curiously, taking a sip out of the goblet.

"I highly doubt they will feel a threat coming from the girl they bully every day." she sighed softly. The minute he took his robe off though, her eyes nonchalantly sort of a took a tours of his upper torso. She saw his built body through his shirt and she gulped quietly, averting her eyes to stop any blush coming to her cheeks. As the food appeared on their plates, she took a bite and then looked at him again, her eyes so tempted to look about his upper torso. She did her best not to. "I like transfiguration a lot. To be able to turn say...perhaps a rodent into a goblet. Fascinating." she smiled. her smile was subtle yet definitely beautiful to look and see. dimples came on ehr cheeks when she did smile and she had such beautiful pearly whites.

He hadn't noticed her looking, he'd been too absorbed in eating.He was enjoying it so much it dripped onto his shirt, staining the white fabric.Gazing down he sighed and wiped his fingers on the napkin, moving to undo his shirt."Transfiguration aye?.That's one of my worst subjects, I always end up turning doves into flying teapots" he said with a laugh, his fingers moving down the buttons, unclasping each.He paused at the last before he spoke "do you...mind?.I'd rather not wear a dirty shirt around school".

She watched as he ate. It was interesting. She sipped her pumpkin juice from her goblet and put it down, beginning to really eat. She skipped breakfast to finish up her homework since the prevous day they took it all and she had three reports due. Anyways...she noticed he spilled on his shirt and she bit her lower lip. Seeing his fingers trace over his buttons, she averted her eyes down at her plate and laughed at his comment about transfiguration. "THose poor doves..." She said shaking her head. when he began to really unbutton, she looked away, placing a hand under her chin, resting agianst her elbow on the table. "No not at all." she said not looking at him. it was obvious if not enough that she didn't want to look because if she did...well she knew she'd liked what she saw and then she'd blush. Carlyle wasn't about to make a fool of herself in front of him. She resued eating, doing her best not to look at him, one bit.

He gazed around the dining hall to make sure they were the only two present.He undid the last button and slid the shirt off, standing up to fold it on the table, his decadent form on display.Soft milky skin beamed under the sunlight, perfect abs and a toned chest, broad shoulders and lithe arms.His masculinity was finesse itself.He hummed softly as he folded the shirt, moving it aside he began to fiddle around the large pockets of his robes."I know I've got another one here somewhere" he said with a frown, having troubles finding it.

Doing her best to concentrate on her food, she noticed he stood up and she watched him. Her eyes scanned over his torso, she biting her lower lip. He was gorgeous. And he saved her from the bullies. She couldn't stop staring and that was such a problem. clearing her throat she looked away as he searched around for another shirt. She took her wand out from her sock and then grabbed his shirt. Unfolding it on her lap, she looked at the stain, pointed her wand at it and muttered a cleaning spell. Once it was clean, she tossed his shirt back at him. "I think you took your shirt off on purpose..." she said with a small smirk, tucking her wand away down her knee high that she wore. She shook her head a little bit, helping herself to seconds on food and began eating again.

He blinked as he watched her use the cleaning spell."Well It's a good think you know that one, I've got no spare with me" he said with a laugh."I'll have to remember that one" he said, slipping his shirt back on but leaving it unbuttoned, giving her a framed view of his body.It was just too hot to button it back up."You've a healthy appetite, It's nice to see!" he said with a smile.How he disdained hearing most girls talk about skipping breakfast or puking on purpose to make themselves skinnier for the boys.It made him sick to think women were tricked into doing such things, mans fault for that.

"Keep it in mind because it will definitely come in handy. Some girls may find it odd that you take your shirt off randomly to them when they barely know you..." It was weird that he did that, but it definitely gave hera great view which she really didn't mind at all. seeing him not button up his shirt though, she looked down at her food and then at him again. "oh well, normally I only have one helping but since i didn't eat breakfast this morning, I'm actually starving." she said, giving herself some more chicken slices and continued eating.

He rested his hand on one elbow, watching her eat quietly.He felt a stirring in his pants, she was so arousing in her own innocent way.The cuteness and curves of this lavish young lass were stirring his hormones quickly.He shook his head and took a deep swig of the drink in his goblet."Could I walk you back to your common room when your finished?.I'm sure those slyherin smucks will be waiting".He was strangely eager to see the girl pass safely, if not just to ease her suffering for a moment.

As she neared the end of her meal, finally feeling satisfied and full, she looked at him and smiled, chewing and swallowing what food she had in her mouth currently. "Yeah you can. I'd like that. I don't think I can handle having them take more of my homework..." She frowned a bit. she finished the last of her food and cleansed her palette with the rest of her pumpkin juice then put the goblet down. she looked down a bit, covering her mouth, not because she was sick but because she was getting a couple of burps and this was her way to make sure she didn't burp out loud.

When she felt ready, she looked at him and gathered her things. "You done and ready to go?"

He folded his robe over his arm, leaving his shirt open as he held out his hand to help her out of the seat."Of course, shall we?" he said with a smile on his face.He was glad to have at least one friend around school, a good looking one at that.It wasn't long until they were off in the halls, him letting her lead, he didn't know where the hufflepuff common room was.Alot of the other girls gazed at her with envious or jealous eyes.Here she was, off the arm of a rather good looking lad, who's shirt was unbuttoned to reveal a fair body as well.

"Thank you." She smiled, taking his hand and his help. Such a gentleman. She walked along with him in the halls towards the moving staircases to go to the Hufflepuff house but on the way, her bullies were there. Normally they didn't pick on her twice since she never crossed them twice. But she was about. She turned on her heel and started walking away. "I'm not going to be bullied twice in a day..." She muttered to him. there was no other way to get to the staircases so she'd have to cross them but she didnt want to lose her homework. She was afraid they'd take her essay and she worked really hard on it and wasn't exactly even finished with it.

"no no no" he said softly, stopping her and turning her back around.He smiled at her and slipped his arm around her shoulder."They'll never leave you alone unless you show you aren't afraid of them.Besides, I'm here, they won't pick on you" he said, proceeding towards the stairs.He noted with a smug sense of satisfaction that the one girl of the group of bullies had her eyes fixed on his open shirt.He had never really considered himself good looking, but strange women were he guessed.

Carlyle resisted a bit, not wanting to proceed but to her dismay, he did have a point. She hated that a lot though. Sighing, she bit her lower lip a little hard but not enough to break skin on ehr lower lip and walked along, not minding his arm around her. As the girl from the group of bullies looked in their direction, the guys looked too but their group largened. They either got smarter or stupider to have gather more groupies as if to try and jump Cain had he crossed them or if they crossed him. They stopped in front of both Cain and Caryle, creating sort of like a human wall or barrier not letting the two pass.

"Move..." She squeaked a bit. Oh she was so scared. They all just laughed, drawing their wands out. "So what homework do you have now? I have a feeling we didn't take it all from you." The blonde who ran off earlier, said, stepping forwar as if he didn't act like such a scared little prick when he faced Cain. Carlyle frowned and she looked at Cain, unsure of what to do. Dueling or battling or whatever it was called, wasn't her thing. She was good at turning things into another thing but she hadn't learnt how to turn a human into something hilarious.

And when she looked up at Cain, the blonde stepped forward and took her bag, laughing as he emptied it on the ground, causing her to react by trying to grab it from him.

[ediit]

His hand flew outwards, stopping the objects in midair, though strangely he didn't have his wand out, nor had he uttered any words.The objects dangled in midair as his gaze turned to the group of slytherins."Dear boy do you know why people stay away from me?" he said with a chuckle.His fingers rotated, causing the objects in the air to do so as well."I showed you what happens when you pick on girls" he said.He didn't use the word defenseless because she wasn't truly that helpless, she simply needed a confidence boost."Yet here you are, slimy and disgusting as ever with your little gang of thugs".He gazed over at the one girl of the group and smiled "Thugette too of course" he corrected politely.

The objects floated into his hands before he slipped them back in the bag and handed it to his new friend."Run along to your common room" he said, turning back to the group of slytherin.He truthfully didn't know if he could take them, he'd gotten rather lucky the first time at it."If It's a target to bully you wish for, make it me, I'm at least somewhat of a challenge hmm?" he mused with a laugh.

Once her bag and possessions were back in her hands, she could see the blonde boy fuming. He was royally pissed and she also noticed that was when Cain's back was turned and it looked like he was about to attack, finding the timing perfect since he probably wouldn't be catching it. Droping her bag, she grabbed her wand and stunned the blonde boy, her eyes widening as she did so.

Staying frozen in place like that, she watched as the rest of the group ran away and she just stood there, her jaw dropped. She eventually began to move and brouht her arm down, looking around. Blinking a couple of times, she knelt down and picked up her bag gulping. I can't believe I just did that... she thought to herself as she tucked away her wand in her sock and cleared her throat. Looking at Cain she bit her lower lip. "So I'll see you later then?" She asked, since it seemed he was on his way to go anyways.

Cain had frozen in place as the stunning spell whizzed by his face, brushing and singeing the front bit of his hair.It took him nearly as long to gaze to the stunned slytherin boy and then to her.A wide smile cracked his face and he laughed merrily "Thanks, I'm sure they would've got me good had you not been here" he said.He scooped her up into his arms and gave her a big hug, pressing his still exposed chest against her in all it's toned glory.It wasn't every day someone stuck up for him or defended him in any manner of the word, it had made his day indeed.

Back
Top Bottom