Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Geek Guyand Ember( Eve_of_Dawns and Jemnai)

Jemnai

Supernova
Geek Guy was looking at the montiors of his new base of operations that he and his new partner Ember. He was in his red and black armor as he put his legs up on the desk as it was a quite night which usually ment something was up.

Ember soon entered, brushing long strands of her bright red hair out of her face. Her eyes were deep green, but were the only part of her upper face that one could see through her half-mask, a matte black.

"It's too quiet." She stated, her voice soft, melodic. "Far too quiet." She idly tossed a ball of flame back and forth, for that was how she'd gotten her name... control over fire. She moved nearer the monitors, her high-heeled boots clicking softly against the floor. "What do you suppose is going on?" For quietness meant mischief, in her book. They hadn't been fighting crime long enough for criminals to disappear entirely.

Vanishing the fire, she placed her black gloved hands on her hips. Her uniform, too, was black and red, though she had hints of yellows and oranges. It was akin to an ice-skater's dress, for it was a leotard with a low scooped back , and an attached skirt. Her boots came to just below her knees, and were black as well.

"Yes it is Ember but then again we dont have 100% video coverage of the city yet still have to get the sewer cams and the harbor cams to be put up"he said to his partner. He was new to the city and thaught that he should get partner so he looked up in the Super Hero Weekly Mag to see if anyone was looking for a partner and he found the ad Ember had put in for it.

"That's true, I suppose." She stated, musingly. "At least we know, for now, that most of the civilians are safe." Pausing, she tilted her head to look at him, her hair sliding off her shoulder. "Maybe we ought to go start rigging the cameras up at the harbor? We can get that done in one, maybe two nights. The sewers are going to take far more time." And she really didn't relish the thought of going into the sewers. Who knew what she might get on her boots? She liked these boots. Oh, well.

Part of her was glad he'd come into town. There weren't many heros in this part of the area; most were antiheros... only helping when it suited their purposes. And then there were the downright villains, of which there were more than plenty.

"Alright lets do that also got a new us a new ride"he said as he stands up. He stood about 6'2 with his boots. His medium short brown hair was slicked back on his face was black black with red ruby lens the hid his eyes but this mask gave him readouts on power packs and battle stats for them.

When he stood, he was a good ten inches taller than her own 5'4; without the heels on the boots, she was two inches shorter. "All right. What is it this time? Car? Boat? Plane? Bike?" Ember happened to enjoy working with Geek Guy, mainly because he was able to find or create the best new tools for their trade. Her fire could only do so much without killing someone... his gadgets could do much more.

She didn't have to worry about her eyes around criminals - her fire tended to make them glow, unless she exerted her willpower to stop it... something she didn't generally do. It weakened the will she held over her power, so that she didn't accidentally kill someone she was trying to bring to justice.

"I built us twin cycles since the last ones got trashed by the Deadscayrs in our last battle"he said as he admired her form and her ablity to use her powers."Plus I was wondering I was hearing some screams come from your room the other night"he said as he was concern about her well being.

"Awesome." She stated, grinning up at him. As he mentioned the yelling, however, her grin faded. "Oh... you heard that." She lightly chewed on her lip, then sighed. "I was on the phone with Josh. He's back to being a jerk." That simple statement would likely mean that the two of them were on their way to breaking up again. They'd been doing this arguing, breaking up, talking, making up, getting back together routine for four years; ever since she was seventeen.

And though she'd told Geek Guy Josh's first name, she was careful to never mention his last name. It was only recently that she'd started taking her mask off around him, which was a simple sign of trust. She still hadn't told him her real name, however... but the more she worked alongside him, the more she trusted him. She'd tell him soon.

"Well your welcome and okay I am sorry to hear that. I havent been In relationship in years esp since I became Geek Guy as this job brings many many problem"GG said to Ember as it was true how could he have a relationship with woman when there are folks out there that could kill them.

Ember shrugged. "Oh, I'm used to it by now." She waved off his concern with a flick of her wrist. "Those problems? Late hours, unpredictable hours, unexplainable bruises? Josh certainly doesn't understand them." Another shrug, and she'd started walking, her heels clicking against the floor. "Well, G.G... are we going? We won't get it all done tonight if we don't start, you know."

"Yeah those reasons"he said as head down the hall towards the hanger were they vehicles were at"Also what happens if the person finds out your secert and they get captured spill the beans"he added as they come up to two motocycles "The one on the left is yours mine is on the right"he said as he goes onto his bike and starts it.

Her lips twitched to the side as her eyebrows rose. "You've outdone yourself this time, G.G." Was all she said before she settled herself on the bike, and started it. She was glad that she didn't wear higher heels... bike riding in two inches was hard enough, honestly. But she'd gotten used to it by now, thank goodness. "I'll follow you, then." After all, most people knew them as Geek Guy and Ember - it would appear strange to any civilian for Ember to lead the way in anything. Besides that, she was more comfortable following than leading.

"Well thanks I aim to please to you should see what I can do with sex toys"he said jokingly as he speeds off towards the exit to their secert base that was on the outskirts of the city inwhich they vowed to protect with their lives. He had yet to let her see him with out his mask or even out of his suit.

She rolled her eyes at his joke, ignoring it for now, as she revved the bike and sped out after him. At their speeds, it wouldn't take them long to get to the harbor, maybe another ten minutes or so; but then, the harbor was huge, and covering it on foot to place cameras was going to be an all-night ordeal. And that was only if they weren't called elsewhere, because of a crime of some sort. Sometimes, she wondered whether she was ever going to get a full six hours of sleep at once again, and then she remembered why she was hooked on caffeine.

As they speed down the road on the cycles. He wasnt one to trust people right way as they get the the harbor. He stops right before the main enterence of the shipyard where alot of seedy folk would do business lucky for him he could hack into the shipyard CCTV to save on the microcams.

Ember stopped her bike next to his, and stood, propping her hands on his hips. "Right, G.G. Now, what's your plan?" Her hair, from the wind through it, was tangled slightly, but she left it alone. It gave her a somewhat wilder, untamed look: went well with her name and power. After all, fire was unpredictable. There was one thing that everyone could predict, though... and that was that she'd listen to G.G's plans, and follow them closely, if not always to the letter.

"Well if we do this smart we can use our bikes to shot our cams in areas to give us 180 view so we wont be out all night and if we are needed we can stop then pick up later as the bikes can tag the last came to let use know where we put the cams at"he said to her as he noticed ehr wind frocked hair..

Ember nodded. "Fair enough. I guess we ought to get started, then?" She tilted her head into a shoulder slightly upraised, which was her typical 'curious' pose. No sooner than she realized she was doing it, however, and she'd stopped, placing both hands on her hips again. She really had to remember not to do things like that, things that would give her away, if he ever saw her as her civilian self. That wouldn't do... but what would be worse would be if a criminal saw her and recognized her. So much trouble could happen from that, that it sent a cold chill down her spine, one she masked. She'd do better from now on, then.

"You take the east and I take the west alright once we are done meet back here"GG said as he speeds off in a westernly direction as he starts to fire off microcam from the back of his cycle as the computer was auto aiming and firing the camera off as he speed down the harbor. He figured with speed of the bike and rate of firing it should only take about two hours to complete with the two of them on each side of the harbor.

Ember nodded, and returned to her bike. She'd soon sped off to her assigned part of the harbor, beginning to place the cameras. Hopefully this wouldn't take long... it really shouldn't, since they weren't doing it on foot, or side by side, like they had in the city. Of course, the city required a little more finesse, and judging of angles. Here, it was almost certain that no matter where they placed the cameras, they'd find some sort of illicit action or other going on. Drugs, weapons, other such things... it wouldn't matter.

The next two hours flew by fast it must have been dead night as it was all quiet that what made him scared that either the criminal underworld was in the sewers ploting something or they knew something was about to happened was given the hold signal to wait for the aftermath. He arrived back at the enterence of the harbor.

Ember was sitting, leaning against her bike when he pulled up. Her arms were crossed, and a faintly irritated look sat upon her face. "I didn't see one single person, G.G. That can't be good." She stated, by way of greeting. "Something big is going on right now, or is going to go on, and everyone knows it but us." And she absolutely hated being out of the loop. "What should we do?" She also hated inaction - and sitting by, letting something happen, or waiting for it to happen, didn't sit well with her.

"I figure that much Ember. I saw was few junkies shooting up and that was hardely even worth my time to deal with since I didnt see any dealers"GG said to her as he could tell she was one that didnt like inaction he was the same but knew that it wasnt best to show ones emotions.

"So what do we do? We can't spend all of our time wandering around in the sewers, hoping to find something... more likely than not, we'll get lost, or backed into a corner." She stood, throwing her hands in the air, and started pacing. After a step, her arms returned to their usual position on her hips. "I can't stand this. I hate feeling inadequate, like I can't stop what's going to happen. I hate feeling like things are out of my control." Not that she could control things, but she could at least stop them if they didn't go the way she wanted them to go.

"Listen Ember we have to be patience I know that like your powers fire isnt a patient element but if we rush out we could land in a trap or worst a body bag"GG said as he knew that is what could happen. "We should head back to base get some rest since we may need all out energy in what is to come"he added.

Back
Top Bottom