Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

/Not so unlike me/-Me and SHIBBY+_+-

Hiro smiled a little as she seemed to enjoy the soup. Not to soon after, it was taken away and the sasshimi was brought out. She would need to use chopsticks for this one. She looked to her and said "you hold them like this, and move you fingers like this" he said showing her.

Aithne finished off her soup, getting a dissaproving look from some of the women in the room. What was she supposed to eat like a damned bird? She stopped though as he mentioned meat. Her features going a little green, she didnt' eat meat except on the sacred holidays. Fish was an exception, but other meats not to so much. "Em... Hiro..."She whispered softly. "I don't consume the flesh of any beast but fish, unless it's one of my peoples holidays... or a major holiday..." She whispered softly.

Hiro looked at her and said "Hmm,well, you don't have to eat it if you don't want to" he said with a smile. "Besides, the next course will be fish" he said to her.

Aithne smiled at him apologetically, and sat through that course. When the fish came out she was upon it rather happily. She managed the chopsticks well, but resorted to her beltknife to slice the fish up into manageable pieces. SHe just didn't have the dexterity yet to manage the fish that well yet.

Hiro smiled to himself. She seemed to be doing just fine for the first time he had seen her eat. The dinner went with out an outburst or any trouble. Hiro's mother came over at the end and said "Hiro, please show Aithna -San to her room". He nodded and said "Alright mother". She smiled and made her way out of the room.

Aithne finished the meal without any real problems. Sure those women kept glaring at how much she ate, but by the goddess she needed energy! She grumbled faintly when the meal was over, and smiled as her husband to be was directing her towards her room. "Do you know when the wedding will be?" She asked softly. No one had actually bothered to tell her, truthfully.

Hiro looked at her and said "I;m not sure...my mother wanted to plan it with you" he said softly. He looked at her and smiled. "She wanted you to feel comfortable and be apart of it" he said to her softly. He smiled and said "And don;t mind the other women, they are all jealous" he said.

Aithne frowned faintly and nodded lightly, "Weddings where I come from are a bit different. We call most of them handfastings, and they involve an exchange of gifts between the families and vows..." She said as she shrugged her shoulder. She looked around the room and then turned back to him. "jealous why? Because I actually am not afraid to eat, and actually keep myself more then starving? They must be skin and bones! Can't see how THAT is attractive!"

Hiro chuckled. "Any of those women would kill to be married off into the royal family, is what I am saying...They all want to be in the top spot, and now, some foreigner has come along in a fail swoop and taken it out of the hands, liaghing in their faces. thats probably how they feel" he said. He shrugged. "Just ignore them"

"It's what the priestesses of Avalon do. We often marry into royalty, it's a fact of life. It's how the island get's it's ties. If we are betrayed by another we call in reinforcements.... " She whispered soflty as she sat down on the floor and folded her hands in her lap. "I suppose it's improper for us to be alone?" She commented lightly. "Your people seemed to believe I needed a guard at all times to keep my chastity... "

Hiro looked at her as she sat down on the ground. He sat down beside her and said "I see...". He listened to her questions and said "Technically...yes...but...we are supposed to be getting married...I don't know why they want to gaurd you, you seem perfectly capable of handling yourself" he said.

"Apparently they where worried I would whore myself out, since the priestesses they met where very open. My people... the priestesses are believers in celebrating life. Why does sex have to be a chore?" She said softly as she pulled her knee up to her chest. Lacing her fingers together she rested her hand on her knee and then leaned her chin on her hands... she watched him then, to see his answer.

Hiro looks at her and says. "It's not meant to be a chore...just preserved for the person you marry...It's a cultural thing" he explains to her softly. He looks at her and says "The teachings of old dictate many illneses that came about form having to many sexual partners...so...it is why it came about" he said to her.

Aithen gave a bitter laugh and then lifted a brow. "Ah so why do whore houses still exist then?" She commented lightly as she kept herself in the pose she was in. "Priestesses of Avalon are careful, we take very good care of ourselves and take special medicines if something DOES happen to arise in our bodies like that." She said as she shrugged. "We are also firm believers that body hair creates illness problems, so we don't have any... at all... "She siad with a soft chuckle.

Hiro looked at her and said "Those are the products of lewd thoughts, and as such, we do not associate our selves with it" he said to her. Hiro looked at her and said "And said..it's also about being pure...Chasity is highly praised and valued"

"may higher up men still associate themselves with such things. You may not, but what abut the Emperor's harem?" She commented lightly as she leaned back a little and raised her eyebrow. "Chastity is cheries sort of.. to the priestesses, only if it is given to the Horned God, or in a great marriage..." She admitted lightly. It was a shock, the differences and similarities in their cultures!

Hiro smiled at her and nodded. "Shall I show you to your room then?" he asked her extending his hand for her to take. Perhaps this mariage woudl not be as bad as he had first anticipated. She seemed like a nice women and he enjoyed her company.

Aithne looked around and laughed softly, "I thought we had arrived there... this is not to be my room" She asked as she looked around the room that they where in. She laughed then and stood up slowly her hands falling to her sides as she laughed softly. "Amusing..." She teased lightly as she stretched. "I thought this room was my room... but that's quite alright..." She said cheerfully.

Hiro looked at her "Hmm, your in the dining room silly" he said standing up with her. He then walked out of the room and lead her to her room. He opened the sliding doors and said "Here we are, feel free to get comfortable". The room decor was kept traditional with tatami mats on the floor, and a low riding bed. There were a few things they thought she might need like a place for her clothes and a a mirror. "If you need anything, please feel free to ask" he said.

Aithne shrugged her shoulders as he took her into her room. She smiled at him softly and cocked her head a little. It was time to rest she supposed, she sat crosslegged on the bed and looked around at the room around her. "I promise to ask if anythign is needed..."She said softly, passing him a light smile. Her eyes closing as she sighed and slumped back on the bed. Too tired to even change her clothes.

Hiro smiled as she lay onto the bed. He turned and walked out of the room, sliding the door closed behind him. He then made his way to his own room. There he changed into his bedclothes and lay down on his own bed.

Aithne was up when the sun was up, she was always like that. She crossed her arms behind her head and yawned softly. She sighed then and shifted from the bed. She changed into a new pair of clothing, and then walked from the room. Her new robe was of a finer material, and it definitely showed that she was one of the higher up priestesses. She decided that the garden would be a good place to go.

Hiro woke up the next morning. He sighed to himself a little as he got up and got dressed. He walked to her room, knocking before hand. When he got no reply, he opened the door, to see she was not there. He then walked around, looking for her, eventually reaching the garden, where he found her.

Aithne was seated crosslegged in the garden. Her eyes closed an a meditative calm overcoming her. She was seated near the pond, so it was obvious she was indeed meditating. Something that seemed to be common on both sides of the world. At least both sides of her world it seemed. That continent was her world, she didn't know of anything else really. Her hands braced on her knees, and her position was relaxed, head tilted back and a faint hum coming from her. Other then that, she was rather calm and composed.

Back
Top Bottom