Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

/Not so unlike me/-Me and SHIBBY+_+-

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
Aithne crossed her arms over her chest, she wore the simple garb of a Priestess from the Isle of Avalon. Her head tilted back as she looked at the people milling around. So this is where she would be living? Where she would spend the rest of her life? She knew she was quite old to marry off, being only Eighteen summers. Much more so... considering the fact that she would be a First Wife to the man.

First and only, if she had her say in it. If she was to be faithful to her husband, he would be the same. She would be more then fertile, she was a follower of the Goddess Ceridwen, and she would provide. Beside Aithne had four sisters, all of which whom had children now. Her white robes caught the wind, and a chill raced up her spine. So far from her home, from the trees and animals she knew.

She felt the tears well up in her eyes, as she yanked her purple cloak closer. Purple, because it was such a hard color to make, was the color that higher standing woman wore. Aithne had almost been the High Priestess, but she had been informed her destiny was to read near royalty. Priestesses often did this, so she was alright with it. The cloak was heavy and warm, and along with the belongins she brought with her... was some of the few things she had left of her home.

She stepped off, and unto the platform that would deliver her to her new home. She was taken to her new home, and then she was left standing in a sitting room. To await the meeting of her Parents to be, and her husband to be. She was definitely something new for some of the Japanese around her. She had hair the color of the sun at setting, and eyes just as green as the grass around them. Her form was slim and willowy, and it held a rather taller air then most of the females around her. She stood at 5'4'', when most only came up to her shoulders.

Her hair was braided and fell down her back, and she shifted to sit crosslegged. Resting her cloak in her lap.

Hiro paced in his room back and forth. Why was he so nervous, this wasn't supposed to be this hard right, I mean, he was the guy. He was supposed to be the one in control. He sighed to himself and looked at the ceiling for a moment. His parents had finally found a suitable wife for him. All he had to do was not to mess things up.

Hiro was a tall man with a toned body. He had learned how to use a sword and still practiced. It was what it did to your body. He was dressed in a blue hakama, his long black hair was tied back. He had bright blue eyes and pale skin. He continued to pace back an forth, until one of his servants walked in.

"My lord...She has arrived" she said bowing to him. He looked at her and nodded and said "Thank you". He then made his way out of his room nervously, even if he did not show it. On the way he was met by his parents.

Together they walked into the sitting room. His parents bowed and said "Welcome Aithne-san". They stood up and smiled at her and said "Welcome to our home, This is our son Hiro.." they said. Hiro stepped forward and smiled a little at her. He looked at her. She was beautiful, for a women from the west. Having only seen asian women, he didn't know what to think of her just yet.

Aithne looked up as the parents came in. She bowed her head respectfully and spread her hands out in greeting. "It's an honor to meet you both." She said softly, when she looked up and saw the man before her... She felt her heart jump with surprise. Eyes of blue, that was a rare thing to see in the asians. It either spoke of someone that was close to the gods... or whom had western blood. She rose slowly to stand, and curtsied lightly. "I apologize if my language skills are rusty. I was only just taught to speak your language on the voyage over. But I am a quick learner."

She shifted then and pulled the small chest that had been brought with her. "I have rare herbs from the Avalon Gardens, as well as a flask of water from our Moon Well. There is also... Shells from some of our more priceless sea creatures, and there is also some jewels. My contribution to the family..." She said as she held the chest out. "I unfortunately, do not have many garments that fit your area. " She said lightly and then slowly sat down. Her eyes tilted down as she felt the smile tug her lips.

"I am well versed in several languages... and I am well learned in both reading and writing in those languages. I have only began learning to read and write your language, but I am sure given time I will learn how to do the same with yours." She said softly. Her eyes watching them, and wondered how they would feel about such a well learned young woman. "I also am well versed in homemaking talents."

Hiro watched her as she spoke. His parents also listened as she spoke. They were both impressed. Such an intelligent young women would be the perfect women for Hiro and for their family.

Hiro mother graciously took the chest and said "Thank you, you did not have to give us anything". She looked over at Hiro and said "Hiro, why don't you show Aithne-san around our home?"

Hiro nodded and said "Of course".

He walked over and bowed to her and said "Shall we...". He may hav look cool and composed, but deep down he was shaking in his little booties. His mother and father left them alone for now.

Aithne smiled softly and nodded, as his mother took the chest she smiled at her. "It is customary where I come from, for the bride to come with a bit of something to give to her new family." She smiled softly and tilted her head down even more. She grinned lightly and tilted her head a little lower. When she was told to be shown around the home she nodded.

"Alright..." She said softly as she stood up and grinned lightly. She tilted her head and then took his hand in her own. "You don't need to be frightened..." She said beneath her breath. "I'm not that scary, just a little priestess..." She whispered softly. Her eyes sparkling for a moment, as she tired to seem friendly. It was nice to try and at least have some assemblance of a relationship with her husband to be... right??

Hiro felt her take his hand. He seemed to blush lightly when she said not to be afraid of him. How could she tell. He cleared his throat a little and said "I see...."

He began to slowly lead her out of the sitting room. "Erm, well this is the main building, where most of the family lives, the servants live in the servants building..." he said.

Hiro began to lead her through down the hall. They reached a larger set of doors and said "This is the library...but all the books are written in japanese...I can teach you how to read if you wish" he said to her.

Aithne cocked her head to the side as she walked after him. He was speaking as they walked and she was straining to understand. "Alright..." She said softly as she listened to his words. He was definitely trying very hard. She was just glad that he wasn't being overly bearing. She bunched her hands in the fabric of her robes and then smiled. "Well... thank you for that offer." She said lightly as she looked around.

"I am getting hungry, can we retire and eat?" She whispered softly and smiled lightly. She tilted her head down further and then looked up at him. "What do you eat here?" She asked lightly and smiled softly. She wrapped the fabric of her robes in her hands and then sighed softly as her head tilted down. She was so worried about doing something bad, and being sent him. "I apologize... I'm just... a tad nervous" She admitted softly.

Hiro looked at her and smiled and said "Dinner is in about half an hour, and as for what we are eating...I'm not really sure, I guess it will be a surprise" he said smiling.

She watched as she wrapped the fabric of her robes around her first. He smiled and grinned a little "I guess I'm not the only one". He smiled and said "Do you want to go outside to the garden?" she asked.

Aithne's head tilted down for a moment her bangs shadowing her eyes. She reached up and pressed her fingertips to the blue crescent moon that was tattooed between her brows. Eventually it would fade, when she had children and they where grown. "I can wait for the meal then..." She said softly and gently. She was doing her best to hold back her real personality, here women where supposed to be meek and pliant. Not the fiery sort that Aithne came from. She clenched her hands tighter in the fabric and looked up when he mentioned a garden.

"oh! That would be lovely. I want to learn all the plants here as well! So that I can learn how to heal people with plants from here. Because I am quite aware that some of the plants I use at home you may not have here." She admitted as she smiled shyly and weakly. She couldn't be too forward with what she wanted, or it might look suspicious. She was trying to fit in.

Hiro smiled and said "I'm happy that you wish to learn about the plants that grow here. You seem like and ambitious women. Most women here are quote and meek...the change is refreshing" he said smiling. He then began to lead her outside into the gardens. The gardens were vast and beautiful. They traditional of the japanese style, with numerous cherry blossom trees placed in areas that stood out.

Hiro looked at her and said "Please do not be afraid to be your self....I want you to feel at home here" he said to her softly.

Aithne gave him a bit of a smile at his comment. She nodded as she stepped out into the garden. Her eyes widened at all the different plants around her. "Oh... Sweet Mother Goddess, it's beautiful!" She whispered as she spun in a full circle. The skirts of her robes kicking up and revealing a nice expanse of well formed legs. She definitely ran a lot, and she definitely wasn't some little lady that his parents could have stuck him with.

She smiled as she turned towards him, her cheeks flushed with life as she clasped her hands in front of her. "Oh... really? So I don't have to act all meek and mild. That's so much better. I really don't like acting like that, but I suppose I will have to in public? Oh... what do you know of sparring? I need to keep my skills up to par..." She said cheerfully.

Hiro smiled as she seemed to enjoy the garden. He smiled as she spun around in the garden. He was not a lewd man, so when her skirts flew up, he thought nothing of it. He smiled as he looked at her.

"No...I don't want to...have a wife...who I don't really know..." he said to her softly.

He smiled and said "Yes I know of sparring, I have trained all my life. you know how to use a blade?" he questions her.

Aithne stopped for a moment and gave him a bit of a quirky smile. He didn't want to marry a woman he didn't know. She plopped beneath the tree and motioned for him to sit near her. "Well you wish to get to know me?" She said lightly as she tucked her feet beneath her and tried to think about how best to start on how to tell a few things about herself. She stopped and smiled at him when he asked her if she knew how to use a blade. "I know how to use a blade, large and small... I know how to use the bow, the spear, and the staff... All are parts of my training." She said softly and gently.

"I am... a follower of the goddess Ceridwen, I also follow The Morrigan. Ceridwen is my peoples goddess of many things. She is the Mother goddes, for she nutures all, but she is many things. More predominantly she is the goddess that overlooks healing, and all things motherly and womanly. She is a goddess of the moon, of birthing, and she is the goddess of life. The Morrigan... is called the Battle Crow, for she is the goddess that comes to the battlefield and takes warriors away to live with her forever. She is a goddess of Death and of Battle. Much of the reason I know the things I do... I dedicate myself to these two, because it was the path given to me when I was just a newly made priestess." She said this and then stared at him lightly, smiling softly. She cocked her head to the side and then looked towards the small pond in the garden.

"I have four sisters, my parents are deceased. My sisters all have at least one child, Rowan has three children. I am the oldest of them all, that's why it feels so odd to not have any children. But I was decided to be saved for sacred marriages. Those are the important facets of the priestessly duty. My innocence was preserved, and I kept myself from all solstice celebrations." She said softly. "I am well versed in many languages as I told you. But as part of my training I was also taught how to play several instruments, and to play them.... mmmm I don't know what else to say... do you question on anything?"

Hiro sat down next to her as she spoke. He listened, At the end he shook his head. "You misunderstand, I did not mean your background, well that may be important, but...I meant on a a more personal level. Things like, your nature, you likes and dislikes, more from the heart" he said holding a hand over his heart.

He looked at her and said "When I said I did not want a wife that I did not know, I meant that , I did not want you to pretend to be something you are not. I want to know the real you, not the titles about your name" he said to her softly.

He looked down a little and said "I hope you understand what I am trying to say".

Aithne went silent as she listened to him. Her eyes closing as she tried to figure out how to best answer all the things he had asked. "I like... I like to be myself... I like running in the rain. I love rolling in the new spring grass... I like... to rake all the fallen leaves in fall.. and jump in the piles of them." She spoke softly, her face starting to glow as she spoke of all the things she enjoyed. Her head tilting back as she continued even more.

"I love falling asleep to the sounds of water lapping at the rocks near my bedroom. I love running across wide open spaces and kicking up my legs. I like outdoing men at any game they play... It's fun for me... I love kittens... surprisingly..." She said this, and then slowly cut off at the end a sad look overcoming her features as she slumped a little, tears glittering in her eyes. "I had to leave mine behind... They wouldn't let her on the ship." She said softly.

Such a soft spot, her kitten. But she had rescued the darling thing, before midwinter had fully hit. She really really loved the small thing, but now it was gone. "I don't suppose you have... kittens here do you?" She whispered.

Hiro smiled at she spoke. She chuckled a little at him. However when he saw the tears well up in her eyes he blinked for a few moments, wondering why she was crying all of a sudden. However he found out soon enough. He wrapped his arm around her to comfort her a little.

"That's is sad...we do have kittens hear, never fear, you can have as many as you like" he said to her.

He looked at her and said "Smile for me...I don't like it when women look sad, I much prefer it when they are happy" he said to her gently.

Aithne rubbed her eyes and shuddered faintly. She was getting so damn emotional, and she knew she shouldn't. She took in a shaking breath and rolled her shoulder back. "Sorry... just the move has been hard on me." She whispered as she leaned back against the tree. Her fingers pressing into the ground and feeling the soil that was beneath her. "The earth feels so different here. The energy is so much different then at home..." She said as she looked up at him. A small smile spreading across her features as she shifted into a better sitting position.

"Be careful what you say about me having as many as I want. We could end up with many upon many. Goddess, all we would need is two, and then we would have many... Umm... is... is it true you EAT cats?" She whispered softly.

Hiro looked at her and said "It's alright, I understand" he said to her softly. He saw her hands as she gripped the earth. He smiled a little when she finally smiled back at him. It made him happy to see that she was not so upset anymore.

He chuckled a little as she spoke, but stopped dead when she asked if they ate cats. He stared for a moment, thinking she was joking, before he realized it was a real question. "Oh heavens no" he said. "What gave you that idea?"

Aithne gave him a sad look and shook her head a little. "The men on the ship said they would eat my kitten if I brought her with me. They said that cat is a delicacy, and so was dog." She said as she wrinkled her nose. "Cats and Dogs take care of pests... It's a proven fact.." She murmured as she braced her hands in her lap. Then she stood up and reached up towards the tree branches. She gave him a grin and then grabbed up unto the bark of the tree, and then hauled herself up into the tree with a flip. That was defiitely something she was good at. She perched herself on the branch and looked down at him. "It's a nice view" She mused lightly.

Hiro looked at him and "Well I've never eaten one, nor has anyone else here, so I guess thy just said it to deter you from bringing it here" he said shrugging. He looked up as she flipped up onto the tree branch. He smiled and stood up, looking up at her and said "Having fun are we?" he asked her with a grin on his face.

Aithne grinned ear to ear as she hung upside down on the branch. Tucking the robes between her legs so they didnt' fall down around her. Didnt' matter she was wearing a pair of trousers beneath them. She grinned at him and crossed her arms over her chest. "my mother always called me a product of a Fae visiting her bed. She said that because of how playful I am, and I think I am... I didn't get my eyes from either side of the family." She said as she winked at him lightly. "You wouldn't turn me away for that would you? For not being fully human..." She teased as she released the branch and landed in a crouch infront of him.

Hiro smiled at her as she flipped upside down. He grinned at her and said "No, I wouldn't" he said smiling her. He grinned a little and looked at the sky. "It is almost time to eat, shall we return back inside?" he asked her.

Aithne looked around her and sighed, then she nodded and adjusted her clothing so it all settled and looked as it had. Her hand went to the small beltknife that was at her waist. She smiled even more then as she looked towards him completely. "Well you will have to teach me how to eat with your eating utensils, they didnt' have much luck on the boat." She said with a weak smile.

Hiro chuckled and said "Consider it done". He took her hand in his and began to lead her back inside to the dining hall. The room was already filled with his family and some of the higher ups. Two cushions has been left for them to sit on.He sat down and smiled at her when she sat down next to her. The first course of food was brought out was a bowl of miso soup. He smiled and picked up the spoon and began to drink. She should have no trouble eating that he thought.

Aithne frowned faintly as she was pulled into the room. The people looked at her oddly, and she knew her form of garment was much more revealing then they where used to. "I am a Priestess..." She said softly. They nodded in assent and then she sat down. The first course was brought out, confusion etched her features. She picked up the spoon and took a sip. It was an interesting broth to say in the least, and the leafy greens in it where delicious. So was some of the other things in it.

Back
Top Bottom