Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Well I feel like I have to ask.

Ehh it's the show was alright, the card game was decent. I still prefer Magic the gathering, it's more challenging

Well I agree with both of you. I love playing card games and I thought just as a stretch to talk about one of them.

I find the television show absolutely hilarious, so I love it!

But, when it comes to the cards, not really. I played with them for a few years when I was a kid, but the ever changing rules made the game sort of boring. I don't mind minor rule changes to games, but when things change every few months drastically is confuses me! Also, all the weird shit that happened in the show that is impossible to pull off in the actual game was strange, but maybe I just found it confusing because I was a kid at the time. >_>

Now I have to find out what time yugioh is on because I want to watch it. : /

Calista said:
I find the television show absolutely hilarious, so I love it!

But, when it comes to the cards, not really. I played with them for a few years when I was a kid, but the ever changing rules made the game sort of boring. I don't mind minor rule changes to games, but when things change every few months drastically is confuses me! Also, all the weird shit that happened in the show that is impossible to pull off in the actual game was strange, but maybe I just found it confusing because I was a kid at the time. >_>

Now I have to find out what time yugioh is on because I want to watch it. : /

I randomly turned my T.V. on this morning (Sat) around 11 and it was on the once WB.

The original Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh was so much more darker and better.
But, of course, America sucks and we changed the whole thing around.
Made Yugi into a good guy instead of the psychotic bastard that he really is.

I didn't finish the show but I did go see the movie. I had the hots for the harpy lady sisters and Yugi's girl Tea. I think her name was like Anzu or something in Japanese.

I don't like the new show at all. Except the big boobed blond girl.

Notte said:

Yeah, it seems like North America really changes television shows from Japan. I remember watching Card Captors when I was young, and it was a very harmless show. But, when I bought all of the seasons that were in Japanese with english subtitles, it was like watching a different show. O_O It was much better, though. The characters were actually relatively realistic, and things weren't cut out for stupid reasons in the english version which would make things very confusing.

Bleh now I'm curious to see what Yu-Gi-Oh was like in the original version, lol.

Calista said:
Notte said:

Yeah, it seems like North America really changes television shows from Japan. I remember watching Card Captors when I was young, and it was a very harmless show. But, when I bought all of the seasons that were in Japanese with english subtitles, it was like watching a different show. O_O It was much better, though. The characters were actually relatively realistic, and things weren't cut out for stupid reasons in the english version which would make things very confusing.

Bleh now I'm curious to see what Yu-Gi-Oh was like in the original version, lol.

OMG! The original was great! Seriously, I was lusting after the psychotic Yugi.
I saw one episode of America's version and couldn't stand it.

Notte said:
Calista said:
Notte said:

OMG! The original was great! Seriously, I was lusting after the psychotic Yugi.
I saw one episode of America's version and couldn't stand it.

I found the American version funny since it was so stupid. But, one amazing thing came out of it: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series. Those videos are classics! XD

Didn't Joey or Yugi (maybe both) like shoot with with something? I thought I saw that in a manga.

Tea's fucked people too.

Levoot said:
Didn't Joey or Yugi (maybe both) like shoot with with something? I thought I saw that in a manga.

Tea's fucked people too.

I think I saw the same thing. It has been a while. I really prefer the Manga to the show hands down.

I thought Ishizu was hot as hell. And I felt like Marik screwed her several times. Especially Yami Marik

I still have my cards from middle school. I brought them in the last year of high school and now freshman year of college and i still kick ass.

Raziel99 said:
I still have my cards from middle school. I brought them in the last year of high school and now freshman year of college and i still kick ass.

I'm surprised you could keep up with all the damn rule changes. :p

Calista said:
Raziel99 said:

I'm surprised you could keep up with all the damn rule changes. :p
actually, i origionally quit when they made the ban list back when I was a high school freshman. People bringing the cards out senior year made me pull my deck out. they got pissed at me, saying i was winning because my deck had banned cards. they gave me some new ones, subbed them into my deck for the banned ones, and still kicked their asses.

I play traditional. I have a friend that has to check the ruling on every card when it doesn't go in his favor. He doesn't like losing to me.

I never really got into the card game, I found it was a pussy kids version of MTG

Sure the card game isn't as good as Magic but it was still fun to play now and then. I still have my deck from High School I have used it a few times since then but I would like to use it more often but the local card players around here are assholes.

Back
Top Bottom