Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Realm of Darkness (me and Nurse_K)

Raziel99

Pulsar
It had been a long time since the vampires had taken up residence in the mountains. They had been hunted, just like the humans hunted them for food and replenishing their numbers. But the onslaught seemed endless. Soon, He had to go down, and find a way out of it.

He met with the Lord of the castle and village at night, and talked for a few hours over a treaty. What was to happen was simple. He would stay and teach them about the vampires, and the clan would not attack them. In return, the kingdom would not attack them in the mountains, and would offer sacrifices to be fed from. And anyone taken by Vampires would not be killed or converted.

Raziel slowly walked out of the little office-like room, his shoulder length brown hair tied back at the nape. He wore simple black clothing and a black cloak to help conceal himself. His face was angular, sharp and soft at the same time, with blue eyes. Some swore that he could look into someones soul with those eyes.

He made a beeline to the library, going to read some of the tomes before retiring to the undercroft.

Princess Elsa had been very wary of the vampire coming to live in the castle. She'd tried to talk her father out of it, but he wouldn't listen to her. She had judged him before meeting him, and had been proven wrong. When she finally met him he proved to be very charasmatic, kind, and even funny at times. Her opinion of him had changed, she thought he was more than decent now.

Elsa had dark brown hair and honey eyes, her skin was pale but not nearly as pale as the vampire's. She loved to read and so she spent a lot of her time in the library, her face hidden by a large volume. Raziel often found her there.

Over the passing nights he simply moved to the back of the library and grabbed a large tome, going over it, and a few others. Books and tomes were slowly stacking up at the corner. People occasionally came over to him and had discussions and debates.

One night Elsa decided to approach Raziel for a chat. They didn't talk very often, but she found him so eloquent that she went out of her way to speak with him whenever she had reason to. She saw him partially hidden behind a large stack of books. She walked over to him slowly, peeking around the pile with a smile.

"Good evening, Raziel." she said softly, tucking a loose strand of hair back behind her ear. One hand was clutching her skirt. She wore a beautiful deep green gown that accentuated her body nicely.

He turned to her, eyes breaking from the tome at the last minute. He wore similar black pants as before, but his shirt was a black, almost sheer material, showing some of his toned upper body. Though his cloak was still on.

"Oh, hello, Lady Elsa. May I help you?"

"Um, well..." she fidgeted a little bit, her heart always sped up when she spoke to him. That made her feel a little funny, because she wasn't exactly sure if vampires had hearts or not. "I just wanted to talk to you. See how the training is going and all that..."

She sat in an armchair near to him, trying not to just stare at him endlessly like she wanted to.

He turned his head back to the tome, mindlessly flipping a page and sitting down for the first time in hours. "Well enough. Introduce a group of people to a people that believes the second group is a group of demons, then tell them that they arn't. see how well you do with that."

She was taken aback a little bit by his cold demeanor. He wasn't usually so cold as that, but he seemed bitter about the training. "Oh, I see..." she fidgeted again, she didn't quite know what to say to him. "Well, you know...it's not entirely our fault...our ancestors have passed that down for centuries, it's an inherited belief." she cleared her throat a little, knowing that would bode well with him. "Raziel, I need to tell you something."

"I know. I have dealt with religious fanaticism before. Sometimes escaping with my life barely intact, but I know how it works. The demons drain the blood of the living to sustain themselves and reproduce, yada yada yada." He sighed. "You said you wanted to say something to me. Go on."

She blushed a little as he repeated almost verbatim what the religious texts said about his kind. She had always been a furvent believer that vampires were horrid creatures, until she had met him...then her tune had changed. She really like him, being around him made her happy, unlike being around all of the suitors her father ferried in and out of their home. "Well, I wanted to tell you...that I really like you." there was a bit of an awkward pause, "You know...like, more than just a distant friend..."

He nodded slowly, going over the text for a moment again before turning the page. "I see... We then, I-" he turned his head to look at her and nearly froze. He hadn't been paying attention to her much until that moment. And he was glad that he started to. She had a radiant beauty about her that he hadn't seen in anyone else. And the way she looked at him... He smiled, closing the tome and putting it down with the pile of other books. "That is a good thing to know."

She blushed deeper as he turned to look at her. Him looking at her had always given her a weird tingly sensation, but now it did so tenfold. She smile and averted her eyes from his, staring down at the floor for a moment. Her hands were twisted together tightly with nervousness. "I've been afraid to tell you," she admitted sheepishly.

He smiled at her admonition, leaning forward and putting a finger under her chin, lifting her head up to look at him. Any other man would have been killed if they were caught touching her. He had no such fear. He could kill every single one of the castle guard on his own and they knew it. "You shouldn't be afraid of me, Cara Mia. Nor nervous."

Her heart fluttered as his cool finger touched her hot chin. Her eyes widened a little bit as his words, they stared back into his. His eyes seemed to be two endless and forever deepening pools. She felt like she could stare into them forever. She had never let a man so much as nearly touch her face, as she had never liked any of them. She relished in his touch. She opened her mouth to say something, but found that she was at a loss for words.

He smiled, a soft curve of his mouth that few have ever seen before, as he moved his hand back and leaned back into the chair. His eyes were locked on hers, almost enchanting. "Now, is there anything else I can help you with, Princess? There is quite a few hours until sunlight."

Her heart melted a little bit at the appearance of his rare smile. Her eyes never strayed from his, she was unsure whether or not they could stray from them, she was so caught by his eyes and his demeanor. She stuttered, "O-oh, I..." she couldn't find acceptable words, "I would...like to remain here with you, Raziel." she didn't exactly know what could fill those hours of time, but she knew if she went upstairs to her bedroom she wouldn't be able to sleep.

He nodded slowly, bending over and picking up a tome. "I'm sure someone else will come soon. They always do." He flipped a few of the heavy pages of this one and started reading. "How often do you come here and read? These tomes have more answers than you would think."

"Oh, almost every night. I love reading..." she relaxed a little bit, her eyes finally leaving his face. Her hands unclenched themselves from eachother and she leaned back in the chair, looking up at the painted cieling of the library. "I love reading the classics..."

"I am not speaking of the classics." He said softly, flipping a page of the tome. "Not Shakespeare nor Homer or any of that. I am speaking of the tomes and other books. The written documentation of the world around us, and the creatures."

"Oh." she said, turning her head back to look at him and the large tomes in front of him. "No...I've never looked at any of those. We learn the history of the world in Church, so I didn't see a point in reading the tomes..." she blinked at them, for the first time wondering if what Church told her was incorrect.

"The church also told you that Vampires are demons that are injured by holy icons and silver objects." He said, eyes staying on the pages and flipping through a few. His hand came up to his neck and pulled out a chain that was well hidden by his shirt. Hanging from it was a cross. "We are not the same as those damnable Lycans." He said, with a little bit of a edge.

She was shocked to see the giant cross hanging from his neck. She had a similar cross, but it was smaller. "Well...your kind has been quite horrible to my kind in the past...the animosity between our people isn't unwarranted. We've not been nice with eachother...ever," she didn't want to anger him, but it was the truth.

"We never had to start killing or converting until your religious fanaticism came with you and started wiping us out." He countered, putting the cross back under his shirt. He flipped another page and took a deep breath. "The church wants control of as much as they could. But without the power of the nobles under them, they have nothing. So they use the religious fanatacism to keep themselves in power, the nobles looking up to them for guidance."

She frowned at him, for the first time really disagreeing with him. "I happen to love going to Church." she crossed her arms in front of her, a bit childishly. She'd heard others speak badly about the Church before and really didn't like it, because she got so much out of Church. She was upset that Raziel was so against the Church, as she liked him so much. Maybe she shouldn't have said anthing to him..

"I am not saying that the PURPOSE of church is a bad thing." He said, pointing to the cross under his shirt. "It is a good thing for people to believe in a higher deity, it makes them more hopeful and harder working. What I am saying, it is the people of the church hierarchy that is the problem. Have you ever gone to a burning or Crucifixion?"

Back
Top Bottom