Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Today is "President" Bush's last day in office.

Marble said:
Right because President Bush wanted over 3000 innocent people dead.

Blame the people who did it, and take the steps necessary to make sure it won't happen again.
Much more than 3,000 innocent people have died under Bush. Or do the several US Embassy bombings not count as terrorism, even though they were on US soil?

Does lying to get us into a war that has left hundreds of US soldiers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghani citizens dead not count as deaths of innocent people?

Does his poor handling of Katrina not count as deaths of innocents?

Does supporting Israel massacring Palestinians, including bombing hospitals and schools, not count as deaths of innocent people?

Bush didn't give a shit about protecting innocent people. He wanted to rule through fear and ignorance.

Oh wait, I forgot. Republicans only care about the lives of the unborn, not the born. Especially if you happen to be born brown. And of course, there are already conservative white-washers trying to make him into the new Reagan. We can't let this happen again.

Again I never said he was a good president, but he wasn't the worst we have had. A lot of shit has happened in recent years, the middle east is a volatile place right now. I want to see anyone control it at all.

Also I am not even a republican, nor a democrat. It is that blind thinking that is dividing the nation to begin with. It is just... dumb. Ignorant actually would be the best way to phrase is. Trust me I have heard the regurgitated points you are making a hundreds times over. I live in one of the more liberal parts of the country, I mean I can go outside and read this crap on bumper stickers.

How would you have handled these situations? How would anyone? Who knows, anything can be done better, but it is a hard job. It is easy to place blame on people, doesn't do anything regarding progress though.

I hope President Obama is able to bring the change he promises, and I hope the changes are good. I like the guy, he knows how to use symbolism and that is an important skill when capturing the hearts of Americans. We are in a way a romantic country, raised on media and symbolic concepts. So he definitely has our ears.

Anyways, my point in the beginning of this thread was that we should look to our government as a whole when mistakes are made. And when you find one, do what needs to be changed on several levels, not just one.

Marble - Historians disagree with you.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history?rnd=1145488898506&has-player=true">http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profil ... layer=true</a><!-- m -->

There's no justification, distraction, or extenuating circumstances. Bush was a fuckup from first to last. He was intended to be a puppet of business in america, but he fucked that up, too.

I don't mind him so much, personally. He seems to be an alright dude. It's just that I would be a better president then him that bothers me. I don't ever want to feel that way about our leader again, because I'm not the top tier talent that should be running this country.

Trygon said:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history?rnd=1145488898506&has-player=true">http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profil ... layer=true</a><!-- m -->

There's no justification, distraction, or extenuating circumstances. Bush was a fuckup from first to last. He was intended to be a puppet of business in america, but he fucked that up, too.

I don't mind him so much, personally. He seems to be an alright dude. It's just that I would be a better president then him that bothers me. I don't ever want to feel that way about our leader again, because I'm not the top tier talent that should be running this country.
Yeah, Bush reminds me of this guy I used to work with. Really nice guy, but he was basically a 15-year old boy in a 35-year old man's body. The fact that he actually had a chunk of his brain missing might have contributed to that.

But anyways. The guy was nice and all, but there was no way in hell the higher-ups trusted him with any of the important duties. He mostly picked up trash.

Trygon said:

No offense but you are refuting my point with a rollingstone news story?

Historians won't be able to judge much of anything for years. To think otherwise is stupid. Right now we have our faces to the painting looking for details. After a while we should be able to sit back and truly look at this properly.

But again this is all stupid anyways, it comes down to opinions.

In my opinion the entire government is a piece of shit and it needs some change. I doubt Obama gives us the change we need, but hopefully he can fix a few things that are wrong right now.

In Obama's first 48 hours on the job, he's ordered the closing of Gitmo, and froze a ton of Bush's executive orders. He's already a better president than Bush.

Also, few things are more satisfying than watching a crowd of 2 million people booing Bush. We still have to make sure that Bush doesn't end up like Reagan, who is like a fucking GOD to conservatives despite doing some amazingly monstrous things as president.

Back
Top Bottom