Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Today is "President" Bush's last day in office.

Trazz

Star
And all I can say is: Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye!

Boy, who knew that stealing an election wouldn't even be the worst thing he ever did? Aside from the entire Republican party, I guess.

hahaha, awesome...who wants to bet $10 bucks that in 8 years Obama's head is gonna be on Mt. Rushmore? xD

I'm so excited! XD I met Barack this summer. Well, I shook his hand. And he said "Hi, nice to see you, thanks for coming out." And I was like OMG BARACK I LOVE YOU. Well, not really. but I was screaming it on the inside. :oops:

Gwendolyn said:
I'm so excited! XD I met Barack this summer. Well, I shook his hand. And he said "Hi, nice to see you, thanks for coming out." And I was like OMG BARACK I LOVE YOU. Well, not really. but I was screaming it on the inside. :oops:
That's cool.

Trazz said:
Gwendolyn said:
That's cool.
I agree.

Anyone can meet bush just drop your pants look down and wave, because weither your a guy or a girl, it's both true.

Reaper said:
Anyone can meet bush just drop your pants look down and wave, because weither your a guy or a girl, it's both true.
*raises hand* I shave. Girls don't like a faceful of hair any more then I do.

He wasn't the greatest president, but from my understanding there have been worse. Much worse. To be fair this was a trying time in US History, if only because of 9/11. Everyone was paranoid after that, and when you are not sure who is shooting you your fingers get twitchy.

On top of that we have the most media centric period of time in history. As the President you can't pick your nose without there being a front page news story on it. Had previous presidents been the measure of good ratings, you bet your ass we would have heard far worse things about them on a regular basis. Well by far worse, I mean blown out of proportion.

Our government is also, believe it or not, amazingly smart. It is not hard for them to duck a great deal of criticism by simply shoving Bush forward. A great deal of problems we have had today are the fault of the government as a whole.

In fact, what the President does and who we vote for is pretty bullshit. Obama is not that different from Mcain, not really. They are still after very similar things in the end. The big shit people have a problem with is just good publicity. Other things will happen in a much quieter manner.

Real government change comes from participating in local politics. Who you elect to represent you in the senate for instance! Write more letters, push for what you want changed with others. If people in the younger generation actually took the power of voting in hand, and used it on small politics we could really make a difference. You know who votes on most small town politics? Old people. Who controls most of the money? OLD (white) PEOPLE! So yeah, do what you can on a local level and you can eventually change the whole of the country. In theory. Though people have been brainwashed into thinking we are truly powerless, and to a degree we are. But we do have some control.

I guess my point is, don't let the government use a scape goat only to shove a new one down your throats to make you complacent. Just because we have a new president, the same problems exist. Whether they change is up to more than just a single man.

Braiddan said:
The title of president has almost become as much as a token title as the Queen of England.
The day it becomes just that...will be a very very sad day for American's, and it will make the first 30 or so roll in their graves.

Well you dont have to like the former President but you do have to respect that he was President. I didnt like Bill Clinton as man but I did respect that he was President which is the hardest job in the world.

Jemnai said:
Well you dont have to like the former President but you do have to respect that he was President. I didnt like Bill Clinton as man but I did respect that he was President which is the hardest job in the world.

You make me laugh.

You dont have to agree with me thats one of the greatest thing about America you can have differing views with out the threat being thrown in jail or being excutied for it.

Jemnai said:
You dont have to agree with me thats one of the greatest thing about America you can have differing views with out the threat being thrown in jail or being excutied for it.

Depends.

It's certainly better than forty years ago, I'll give it that. ^^,

Marble said:
He wasn't the greatest president, but from my understanding there have been worse. Much worse. To be fair this was a trying time in US History, if only because of 9/11. Everyone was paranoid after that, and when you are not sure who is shooting you your fingers get twitchy.

On top of that we have the most media centric period of time in history. As the President you can't pick your nose without there being a front page news story on it. Had previous presidents been the measure of good ratings, you bet your ass we would have heard far worse things about them on a regular basis. Well by far worse, I mean blown out of proportion.

Our government is also, believe it or not, amazingly smart. It is not hard for them to duck a great deal of criticism by simply shoving Bush forward. A great deal of problems we have had today are the fault of the government as a whole.

In fact, what the President does and who we vote for is pretty bullshit. Obama is not that different from Mcain, not really. They are still after very similar things in the end. The big shit people have a problem with is just good publicity. Other things will happen in a much quieter manner.

Real government change comes from participating in local politics. Who you elect to represent you in the senate for instance! Write more letters, push for what you want changed with others. If people in the younger generation actually took the power of voting in hand, and used it on small politics we could really make a difference. You know who votes on most small town politics? Old people. Who controls most of the money? OLD (white) PEOPLE! So yeah, do what you can on a local level and you can eventually change the whole of the country. In theory. Though people have been brainwashed into thinking we are truly powerless, and to a degree we are. But we do have some control.

I guess my point is, don't let the government use a scape goat only to shove a new one down your throats to make you complacent. Just because we have a new president, the same problems exist. Whether they change is up to more than just a single man.
FYI, Bush pretty much let 9/11 happen. Remember when the Clinton administration warned about Al-Qaeda and the Republicans blew it off and called it a distraction for getting a BJ and lying about it?

Whoops.

Right because President Bush wanted over 3000 innocent people dead.

Blame the people who did it, and take the steps necessary to make sure it won't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom