Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mmmm... comic books.

Marble

Planetoid
Anyone else read them? Gah, I hated the Secret Invasion cross over, Marvel is pissing me off so badly as of late. Oh well, still some great reads out there.

Anyone read Y The Last Man?

So good.

I read whatever I can get my hands on... which recently is whatever is in my newspaper.

Otherwise I read questionable content online.

If you have a link I'll read. :3

Y the Last Man is a 60 book long trade. Which means standard comic book length books of course.

You can find it pretty easy on torrents or even Megaupload/Rapidshare. American comic books aren't known to last online long, unlike manga. People are vigilant about taking it down.

I buy whatever I can of course, but money has been on hold lately...

I've been reading the Sandman myself. On Vol 2 right now and loving it, wish I had read it sooner.

Also just got the 4th BPRD volume as well as "Lobster Johnson." I really like the Hellboy stuff, though Lobster Johnson was ok. I'll read it again and maybe I'll like it better.

Anyone else here read Marvel Zombies? Love that series.

Never read. Haven't really read any of those storylines of Marvels main characters expect the Zombies one, but that's because I love zombies.

Too bad Venom sucks these days. New guy with the symbiote is a tool.

DC has been pretty awesome lately. Too bad they are canceling Blue Beetle.

I read anything and every thing I can get my hands on as far as Joker is concerned. Lately, I have read Lovers and Madmen, Arkham Asylum, Going Sane, and a couple of others whose titles escape my mind at the moment. All of which were beautifully done, wonderfully written and all in all, amazing. But then again, maybe I'm a little biased.

Joseph Kerr said:
I read anything and every thing I can get my hands on as far as Joker is concerned. Lately, I have read Lovers and Madmen, Arkham Asylum, Going Sane, and a couple of others whose titles escape my mind at the moment. All of which were beautifully done, wonderfully written and all in all, amazing. But then again, maybe I'm a little biased.

I am hoping you have read the ever essential Killing Joke then.

Along with the Gotham Central comics that deal with the Joker.

Both of those were greatly drawn from regarding the most recent movie. Though over all the Joker from the comics has a different feel than Heath Ledger's. The comic Joker is actually more raw, dangerous even. Which is saying something!

The biggest difference though... One doesn't get the joke, while the other lives around the joke.

Ah, the Killing Joke. A personal favorite. Cause anyone can attest to the claim of just one bad day. Such a shame they didn't try to hold a little more of that feeling in the movie. But for what they did incorporate, I thought it was wonderful.

And yes, but that's what makes Joker so wonderful. He's so adaptable and at the very same moment, utterly predictable. It's all a question of the mental state you make yours that determines how he goes about executing his master plans and such. Overall, aside from Slade, I think he's one of the most formidable villains in DC for his sheer unpredictablity.

I loved the Brock version of Venom will always be the best since he had more of personal hatred for Spidey then anyone else who taken on the Symboite.

I have a ton of old venom comics stored away, all sealed up and whatnot. I'm very protective of them. :]

Hey Joseph, think I got something you'd like: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://omnywrench.deviantart.com/art/Seriously-Stuck-in-the-Middle-97759480">http://omnywrench.deviantart.com/art/Se ... e-97759480</a><!-- m -->

Joseph Kerr said:
Ah, the Killing Joke. A personal favorite. Cause anyone can attest to the claim of just one bad day. Such a shame they didn't try to hold a little more of that feeling in the movie. But for what they did incorporate, I thought it was wonderful.

And yes, but that's what makes Joker so wonderful. He's so adaptable and at the very same moment, utterly predictable. It's all a question of the mental state you make yours that determines how he goes about executing his master plans and such. Overall, aside from Slade, I think he's one of the most formidable villains in DC for his sheer unpredictablity.

Yes the Joker is very cool. Second only to Dr Doom.

Watchmen! always a favorite of mine! in particular. And Buffy Season eight and Angel after the fall. Granted I need to really catch up on that run.

Been there! my favorite opening strip. Super boy telling young bruce wayne about him becoming bat man and the little caption in the botton. Also super man spanking louise lane.

I love the one where the Joker is in like five shots is talking about how he made a boner, if it was once that would be one thing but they just kept saying it.

Back
Top Bottom