Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Own Personal Moon (Lord Dakol&Sweet Angel Jocelyn)

"Give me fifteen minutes, Malory." Anya stated into her phone as she finished her coffee in one scorching swallow. She wasn't used to being up late at night. But she'd just started the new job and it paid well enough. If only she could sleep more. Her upstairs neighbors had children, who played all night. So, Anya didn't have much peace to actually sleep.

As a wedding planner, no one would guess that she had to work nights, who would go see someone about a wedding at ten o'clock at night? It turned out, that bridezillas needed their planner at all hours. As the newest associate at a rather big planning firm, she was the one assigned to the crazy brides.

She was a curvaceous woman of twenty-one, firm everywhere but in her most womanly areas, her hair a soft brown, her eyes a striking green. She caught many eyes, but for the most part, she ignored them. She hadn't found the 'one' that made her heart beat wildly, and as a hopeless romantic, that was something she desperately wanted.

"I'll.." She stopped as her shoulder was bumped from behind and her phone dropped to the floor. "Shit!" She swore, seeing it shut off. Malory was her boss, and she was telling her exactly where to go. If her phone was broken, she'd lose her job.

"It's not proper to swear." A man said behind her, the one that hit her. She rolled her eyes.

"I don't care." She snapped at him as she turned around. She was shocked by the size of the man, who towered over her five foot six inch self. He was a massive man. Almost instantly, his giant hand came and smashed over her cheek. The brunette fell to the side from the force.

The crowd around them stopped, and Anya's eyes traveled to the people watching, just watching! and she glared, her ire building up. She kicked out at the man with her stiletto heeled foot at the man. She wasn't the type that would simply roll over when someone tried to beat her, though this was the first person to actually hit her.

David just wanted some peace and quiet; he wanted to drink his coffee alone without the trouble of going to get in a fight. Sadly, his wish hadn't come true.

David's pitch-black hair greatly contrasted with his unusual grey eyes with small, golden flecks in his irises. If he stood up, his height would be close to 6'5", and weighing close to 210 pounds of pure muscle. His black skin-tight t-shirt and dark blue jeans didn't exactly help hide his physique, either.

While he silently drank his coffee at the bench, his attention was diverted to the commotion just in front of him. A crowd of people were gathered around an extremely tall man, which was around 6'9", to his conclusion. Was he fighting another guy? He pondered this until he caught a glimpse of a stiletto jabbing at the guy's leg. David's attention then became alerted; unless the guy was fighting another man that loved to wear women's shoes, he bet that he was beating up on a woman.

"Ah shit..." he muttered. He wasn't usually the type to get involved in other's problems, but when it came to a female needed help...

David stood up and easily saw over the crowd of people to look at the large man. With a sigh, he shoved people aside and quickly got into the circle just as the man was about to swing again. David easily stopped the heavy movement; he usually lifted more weight than the force of the guy's hand every day.

His eyes stared just stared up at the man, just as silent as a dead man.

Anya looked up with daring eyes as the man went to hit her again. Why was he attacking her in the first place?! She wasn't going to cower because he was nearly a giant. She braced for his next attack, but before he hit her, someone seemed to appear out of no where stopping him. She nearly fell back, relieved. The brunette sighed and watched, her green eyes wide.

The man seemed to growl as he pushed at the man holding him. Something about the man seemed to scare him, though he didn't run. He actually swung again, aiming more to knock the intervener aside. Who was this person that seemed to have such a fierce desire to hurt her?

David did not pay attention to the girl he was apparently going to risk his life to protect. His eyes were still on the giant. Once the man swung again, he growled deep in his throat and sounded something close to a wolf... but only the girl and the giant could hear it. His hand opened and caught the fist, pushing it back effortlessly. The two colliding forces seemed to hurt the giant's hand, most likely breaking it.

He was still silent, his pupils covertly changing to small, thin slits and his hair changing to a slightly lighter color.

The man cradled his hand, but still looked up for a fight, until the other man started to growl at him. He saw him starting to subtly change and then he swore. He wasn't going to risk his life on something so stupid as a little girl. He swore at the pair then turned around, leaving as unnoticeable as he'd come.

Anya groaned happily and actually fell back, her hand touching her face. "Thank you." She said in a soft voice, looking up at the strange man. She was choosing to think that this man was saying something, not that he was actually growling. That would be just too creepy. And his hair... Her eyes had to be playing tricks on her.

As the giant left, his hair and eyes reverted back to normal. David looked at the girl as the crowd broke apart, not caring anymore. "You okay?" he asked, sounding somewhat uncaring. But for some reason... he did care. His muscles relaxed as he reached out his hand for hers. Her scent was unusual, like... perfection. His heart quickened a bit for slowing back down as he reined in his animosity.

"I'm okay. Thank you." Anya told him as she fit her small hand into his large hand. She flashed him a nervous smile and wondered about the weird flutter in her chest. She didn't have reactions to many guys, she had three older brothers and no mother, so she knew more about defending herself against grabby men than flirting or anything of the like. She let him pull her up and then she ran her hands over her body to dust herself off, and check for wounds.

As her hand touched his, a tiny shiver coursed through his body. Interesting... he had never had a reaction like that from a female, especially one he had never met before. "No problem," he replied, his eyes scanning her body for any wounds, and couldn't help but notice her curves. "You have a couple cuts on your elbow there," he pointed out casually.

Anya flashed him another small smile, and then she swore. "Great." She said after the string of swear words. "Just what I need to look professional." She grumbled. Then, she looked up at him and her green eyes gave him a quizzical look. "Not that I'm not happy for this, but why did you do it?" No one else would.

Taken by surprise by the question, he glanced away and coughed. "Uh, well, um... I don't like to see damsels in distress," he replied, speaking a half-truth as he avoided her gaze well.

She laughed softly and shook her head. "I suppose I did look a bit distressed." She said looking up at him. "I suppose I should tell you my name." She said with a shy smile. "I'm Anya." She held out her hand.

Yeah, no kidding. David chuckled along with her and shook her hand gently. "The name's David. Nice to meet you, Anya," he said with a smile. Now came the short, but awkward, silence. "Um... well..." He had no idea what to say now.

"Nice to meet you as well, David." She said with a smile and then felt the awkward silence. "Well, I suppose I should get to work..." She said, looking around as she tried to think of something to say. She couldn't find any more reason to stay and she withdrew her hand from his and backed up. "Bye."

For some odd reason, David couldn't find the words to say anything to her. He struggled for them, but nothing came to mind until he was close to leaving. "Hey, uh... would you like to go out... sometime?" he asked nervously, which was also highly unusual for him.

Anya stopped when he spoke and she looked at him with wide eyes. "Umm." She played with her hair for a second. It was the least she could do, she told herself, not willing to analyze the flutter in her chest at the thought of him taking her out. "Yeah, that would be nice. Let me give you my phone number." She said, digging in her purse for a pen and paper. She jotted down her number and name Anya Dermond. After handing it to him, she said "Call after tomorrow... I need to get my phone fixed first." She laughed softly and held up the broken phone.

His heart began to beat wildly, as if this was the first ever time he had asked a girl out and gotten accepted for it, but he tried hard not to show it. "Al-All right. After tomorrow, then," he said, a bit flustered as he said goodbye and walked back to his table to silently drink his coffee, deep in thought.

Anya hurried to work, where she got balled out by her boss for being late, until she found out that she had been attacked. "Anyanka! Be smart! You need to report the attack! Imagine if the man came back." She could tell the woman was concerned but Anya simply brushed her off before hurrying about her work, setting herself up for the night. She couldn't stop thinking about David, the man who had saved her just because she seemed in need.

Unfortunately, David wasn't alone when he arrived home. Three men sat at the steps of his apartment, all bulky and dangerous-looking as hell. He swore under his breath and sighed, "What do you want?" he snapped, walking past them and unlocking the door to his apartment when one of the men gripped his wrist before he could open the door. His strength was immeasurable, and didn't let go of David's wrist.

"Kallen found out what happened earlier today," the man growled deeply, significantly more feral and bloodthirsty. His jagged chin and large nose made him resemble something animal-like, giving him more of that dangerous presence.

David gasped in shock; how could he know? He tried to wrench his arm free, but it was practically impossible. "I, uh... had a little scuffle with a guy. No big deal," he said, relaxing his arm and slipping through the man's grasp.

The second man, whose eyes were closed, smiled, "No big deal? How does a 6'9" male get beaten by someone who is smaller and looks weaker than him?" he asked

"Get in," David said, seeming to be subservient to their words. He allowed them in and closed the door behind him...

Anya ended up simply grabbing a beeper before she was sent home. Her own brothers were waiting in her apartment, all lounged around like big, dumb, pillows, stretched one over her couch, one on her floor and another on her recliner. The young woman sighed. "What?!" She asked, exasperated. "Why are you here?"

"Hey, easy there, baby sister." Markus said from his spot on the couch. "We came to ask you out to dinner and we find you not here. We even tried calling. But when we got nothing, we thought we'd sit here and wait for you to come home." He sent her a lopsided smile.

"Or we'd find out you were dead." Anya sighed deeply at Julius's words, he was the second oldest.

"And that would totally suck." Thomas added at last. The baby boy, only three years older than her, to Markus's twelve, and Julius's ten. She was definitely the baby of the family.

"And I see you helped yourself to the beer." She looked around at the floor where quite a few beer cans laid on their sides, luckily empty. "Come on. We'll take a walk to the Vietnamese place down the street. You pay." She said. Her brothers all got up and walked to the door. They saw the bruise and cuts at the same time.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!?" Three male voices boomed.

As the three men settled themselves in, he grabbed a few beers from his fridge and tossed the cans to them. He sat down, clearing his mind for the oncoming interrogation. "So, what's the problem?" he asked, not seeing what was causing Kallen stress.

The first man, whose name was Craig, spoke first, "We can't have you starting fights with everyone you see, asswipe," he growled, opening the can of beer and emptying it in a few gulps. His hand effortlessly crushed the can and threw to the floor.

The third man - Gabriel - finally spoke. "That's not the only problem. We also know about your new girlfriend. What was her name?" he looked as if he was thinking it over, "Oh, yeah... Anya Dermond?"

David looked even more surprised. How did they know her name? He hadn't said anything, but it was painfully obvious they had information they wanted to play with. "So? What about her?"

Desmond - the third - quickly responded, "She's not one of us. It's dangerous to mate with people of another kind."

David shivered; he had experience with another girl in their own circle. Women like her were unbelievable, and not in a good way. "Ah, well... tell Kallen I said thanks, but I like her, and there's nothing he can do to make me change my mind-" he was interrupted as Gabriel lunged forward and changed instantly. Who was once a large, hulking man was now a gigantic wolf/man hybrid, nailing David down with ease, which was twice as frightening. The large jaws snapped near David's ear and drool slipped down onto his shirt.

"You're not considering to disobey Kallen, are you? Because if you are, he wouldn't have a problem with me killing you and eating the body," Gabriel growled deep from the throat, and dug his iron-like claws into David's shoulders.

Anya grimaced when her brothers shouted and practically sprang into action to take care of her. One went to get some ice, another rushed to clear off the couch while Markus scooted her backwards to sit down. They all looked at her like something was going to kill her.

"Tell. Us. Everything." Markus said, his arms crossing over his chest and he stared down at her like he was going to kill something. She took a breath and told them everything, except for accepting the date with the man that had rescued. They were all furious. She was sure, though, that they weren't going to leave her, because while they would want to take out their anger over what had happened, they wouldn't leave her to be attacked again.

David's let out a small rumble of pain, feeling the blood drip down his skin. "No, of course not. But tell Kallen," he took a deep breath to cleanse the pain, "that we need a pure human girl now. We're getting too convoluted." he explained, secretly wishing that Gabriel had gotten off.

Hissing, Gabriel clamored off and changed back into his human form. This particular lycan was scary because - unlike every other one before him - he was the only one to have been able to tame a vampire. It was said that he kidnapped one of the vampire council's members and completely broke her to his will. Gabriel cracked his neck and headed to the door, "Fine. I have to get back to Elise." he vanished through the doorway.

Desmond sighed heavily, "Just be careful, David. There are things in the world that are going to want a werewolf's human mate," he vanished.

Craig just growled threateningly and vanished through the doorway also, leaving the lycan alone and left to ponder on his thoughts and nurse his wounds. "It's just a first date..."

It was late when the brothers left, and Anya was able to finally relax. She thought about the man that had saved her, thought about the date he'd asked her on. It made her a bit nervous. Why had she accepted? She didn't think she would say no when he called... If he called. She would go out with him, there was just something about him.

David made himself something to eat after his wounds had healed, then quickly went off to bed so he could get his mind off of Anya... but it didn't work.

His thoughts and kept him up all night, and into the early morning he finally could sleep.

Anya woke up late, and she grabbed her phone, only to see that it wasn't hers. It took her a few minutes to remember that she'd traded phones with her brother and put her SIM card in his. She had the same number, just a different phone. She sighed and looked at the time. Was it really eleven o'clock? She never slept that late.

She dreamed of David that night. It had been a strange dream, full of wolves and other creatures. David had been beside her through the whole thing,talking about a mate, and a...Pack? Of what? Beer? Cigarettes? Soda? Elephants? It was all too confusing.

After laying in bed for too long, the woman got out of bed and took a long shower. Then, she dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before walking down and out, to get something to eat.

Back
Top Bottom