Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question...

Neon Boy

Supernova
Say I want to buy a laptop, aside from some companies who have them overpriced....

What would be the best company/whatever to buy one from?

D: No one has any suggestion's?

And here I thought some of the closet computer buffs would brag about their knowledge/help me figure out the best way to go for buying a new laptop.

Eh.

Sorry.

I know nothing about computer's.

I have to take someone with me when I go get my laptop.​

Lenovo has pretty good laptops for cheap, but they're business-oriented, so their video card sleection is somewhat lacking.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lenovo.com/cpp">www.lenovo.com/cpp</a><!-- w -->

The password is 'familyandfriends'

I don't really do laptops... Or buy computers. My tower is built entirely from scrap.

I would love to build something from scrap, but I lack the knowledge to do so.

Sadly I didn't inherit that little trait from my dad.

*chuckles* I'm selftaught. My current rig runs at 2.3 GHz Pentium 4 (overclocked from 1.1), with 1.25 gigs of RAM and 200 gigs of HDD. I've got a shiny case with blue LEDs, temperture monitors and fan controls, and I've never spent a dime on it.

I need to get a bigger harddrive for this one. 64 measly gigs. Blah.

Go talk to some /g/eeks. Last time I was there they loved suggesting computers/laptops. Mostly because it always ends with them nerdraging amongst themselves over which parts are better.

Still worth a shot.

So guys...think this is a decent laptop?

CPU
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core T3400 Processor (2.16GHz, 1MB L2, 667MHz FSB)
Operating System
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic 32-Bit
Office Software
Microsoft® Office 2007 Suite Ready
Memory
2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz SDRAM (2048MBx1)
Graphics Controller
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
Hard Disk Drive
160GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)
Optical Drive
DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive
Wireless LAN
Intel® WiFi Link 5100AGN (1x2)
Battery
Lithium Ion battery (6-Cell, 4000mAh)

Its for about hmm...490 something dollars. after instant rebate or whatever.

The processor is fine, I guess. As for the memory, you should really have it upgraded to 3GB or 4GB especially if you play games or use programs like Photoshop and stuff. The hard drive is fine but you can always have it upgraded to 320GB just in case you're gonna store a lot more files. lolz. I just bought a new laptop and I spent days scouring the net for a good deal. I ended up with getting an Asus. Their F series are the best. My brother bought a Toshiba one for himself and another for my mom so he says it's quite good as well.

Well...I am not looking to spend like 2934023 dollars. and I couldnt upgrade to 3 gigs like I wanted to...and I Doubt I will be needing more than about 180 gigs on my laptop...I forgot about Asus.

Asus makes great quality machines, but im pretty sure their prices are a bit higher.

Maybe im wrong, but you still havent told us what you need to use it for.

Its like asking. . "Uhmm. . . is a fork good?"

yes. . for eating at a dinnertable. Its however not good for warfare, not good for sawing trees, not good for. etc etc etc >_<*

I got my Asus pretty cheap. lol. Probably coz I bought it in HK where every gadget possible in the universe is cheap as hell. I'm actually going back in a few months to buy myself a DSLR camera. I got a free upgrade to 2GB then paid for another upgrade to 3GB. Should have done something about the hard drive though. But it's fine. All I really need is my Photoshop and a good media player and I'm good.

If you're gonna use it as a primary computer, it's better to spend a little more. If you're just gonna use it for the internet, you can already buy the one with the specs that you gave. Whatever you do, don't settle for anything just coz it's cheap. It's gonna kill you in the long run. Acer laptops are probably the cheapest around but I've got friends who had to take them back to the store after 2 to 3 months coz their motherboard was already broken. And motherboards aren't cheap. Of course, there is a one-year warranty but once that expires and your computer fucks up, you're screwed and you'll end up paying a lot more.

Well it would be my primary computer, seeing as I don't have one, well I do but its a like six year old HP Dv4000

Back
Top Bottom