Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Enjoying those school days. ((Alric and Solace))

Alric Sanosake

Planetoid
Leon sighed as he drove into the high school, Decatur. It was a bit of a small one as it was in a large small town, if you get the meaning. It was rather green, cool, and breezy. Though the clouds above spoke for stormy weather on its way, and when it rained, it rained. He patted his poor camaro as he just got it a bath the day before, so hard to keep a black car clean. He sighed one more and walked in to the school.

At first glance, you'd think he was a goth. He wore the tripp pants, he wore the black hot topic shirts, and spiked bracelets. His rings on his fingers were of celtic design, and his necklaces were an auhk and a Sleeping Lion Heart. He had his long black hair messy and his blue eyes were tired ((so it looked like make-up)). But he was a really happy and playful guy, a bit on the loony side, but nice nonetheless. He rarely fough unless needed, and was rather peaceful about things.

Leon walked over to his looker and slid a book in. Another thing about him, he was lazy abouy school. He was a brilliant child, just felt no challenge. So he took college courses in the summer. He stretched and went to find his friends.

It was only eight in the morning and the day already felt long. Mena Firestone reclined in a crappy wooden chair, legs outstretched and head thrown back as she watched the ceiling through half closed blue-green eyes. Dressed in black jeans, flowing wine red shirt and a long black coat, the young woman was slight, form wiry with modest curves. With a fair skinned, heart shaped face and thick, choppy auburn hair, she was attractive in a healthy, natural manner, not paying attention to the fashions that plagued much of the student population.

In fact, she didn't seem to pay attention to people at all.

Maybe that was why most people thought she was so strange, leaving her be mostly, other when they tried to pick a fight and were unpleasantly surprised. She dressed oddly, listened to weird music, spent time alone drawing, or reading strange books. What other explanation was there? She never really seemed to try to give an alternate one anyway.

Giving a yawn, she stood smoothly and left the library, music still playing in her head quietly. Walking among the students she weaved her way through the crowd, giving a soft nod to a few of the art students that she knew before stopping in front of her locker, wrestling with it a moment, locks of hair covering her eyes.

Sadly it was just his luck that he would turn the corner as she opened it, cracking him dead on in the face. He was perfectly still as he stood there, it took a bit to register the pain. Then wham! He clutched his face and fell to one knee, "Son of bitch! Ahh!!" He cheek if he was bleeding, he was safe. He held his head as it felt like a migraine just hit him. He looked to the girl, "Oww... just my luck yeah?"

The locker, which was old and stubborn finally jerked open and flung out....right into an approaching student's face. Mena whirled with a sharp yelp and crouched in front of him, checking for blood as well. "Gods, I am so sorry! Are ye alright?" she asked, speaking quickly in her agitation, her Scottish accent thickening a little. The young woman looked dismayed and embarrassed all at once as she nodded, eyes sheepish "Seems so." she agreed, with a light wince and held out a slight hand "Mena Firestone, I really don't go about ambushin' people with locker doors, just te let ye know." she added, with a small smile.

He took her hand and got up, looking to her with a lopsided smile from the dizziness, one eye closed in pain. "Leon Strifer, and its all right, shit happens. You learn to live one." He laughed lightly. He was a bit suprised by the accent, but that just added to her, she was a pretty one.

Her brow quirked at the mention of his name and of the brief look into his philosophy. Giving a tilted half smile of her own she nodded once "I've heard av ye." she commented, voice quieting a bit now. "So, in apology for smashing ye're face in maybe I can do somethin' in return?" she offered. With a few choice of other girls, this comment could be taken in many ways. With Mena however, it was a simple offer to right a small wrong.

"Perhaps, but with the way you put it, I'm really doubting you mean in that way" he laughed as he looked at her body, "Though I'd gladly take the offer. But if you want to make it up to me, hang with me for a bit." He bowed to her, "I can be quite the gentlemen, and much more if you desire." He straightened himself with a smile, the pain had subsided, "Though I'm curious about what you've heard of me."

the young woman paused, and her eyes hardened a trifle "Ye've got that right." she replied, tone cooling a second as he looked at her. "So far ye seem just fine, keep on like that and I won't do a follow up act act hitting ye with my violin case." she replied with a faint smile and a shrug "That ye're one o f those that are on ther fringes av the all so important school society and that confuses and scares the masses. We have something in common on that front." she replied, standing as well.

"Ah, my reputation preceeds me" he laughed and shook his head, "I'm not that bad of a guy, really." He smiled as he offered an arm to the girl, "Tis lunchtime, let us dine on the gruel they call food in this school, but have fun while doing so. Besides, I'd like to know more about you if thats okay."

"I didnae think so. Being on the fringe av things in not necessarily bad." she replied and took his arm with a faint chuckle. "Ask what ye will, if I can do the same." she added as she walked with him, both approaching the large, noise filled area known as the cafeteria.

He made his entrance and most looked to him like 'Oh hell, what now'. He just walked over to his corner spot, Mena in arm as he did so. "Ask away mi'lady, and I'll do the best to answer." He smiled as he pulled out her seat for her, then took his own.

Most of the other students had expressions that ranged from sardonically amused, curious and too downright mocking. Mena ignored it sitting down and adjsuting her coat "What circles do ye walk in, I haven't seen ye in the regular cliques." she commented, watching him.

"Circles? None, I walk where ever I'm taken. I'm not goth, emo, prep, jock, geek, nerd, or anthing like that. And I'm too well know to be a ghost. I am... me. I have friends at range from all the others. Except for prep, just too annoying..." he laughed and shook his head, "What of you?"

Mena's smile broadened, blue green eyes filling with a faint light as he spoke. "Agreed, and I like that, ye walk wherever ye want. I sort av keep to the fringes with most folk, I'm best known in the art and music circles." she replied, with a light shrug.

"I guessed from the violin case threat" he laughed, "I always wanted to play it, but I have no talent. Woe is me." He leaned back and smiled, "What do you enjoy doing in spare time? I'm more towards writing, drawing and gaming."

"Ah I have myself away." she replied ruefully, shaking her head. "Maybe ye need the right instrument?" she asked and relaxed in her chair "I love to sketch and paint, as well as read, hang out in a few clubs and stores." she replied.

"You speak my language girl, we should go to one tonight, I'm sure it will be a blast" he laughed as he cracked his knuckles, "As for the right instrument, I'll pass, playing music just isn't my thing."

"I may have a different idea av club in mind, but I'd like that." she replied with a small grin and nodded "Alright, well what do ye like to write then?" she asked, wanting to know what else he liked to do.

"I write fantasys, but occasionally erotica when the mood hits" he laughed and looked to her, curious about her reaction. Many were taken aback and confused. He had a feeling she would be different.

"Ever try to combine the two?" she asked idly, knowing fully of what he meant. "I used te write poetry when I was a bit younger, but sort av grew disinterested with that." she mused.

"Combine them in what way, there are a few... but I've come to a writer's block... I just can't get the inspiration... Try as I might.. I can't" Leon sighed as he looked to her and frowned. He was starting to see how beautiful she was.

Resting her chin on a hand, she nodded slowly "I can see how writer's block would sort av derail that. What are ye working on as av now?" she asked, watching him.

"Pathetic as it sounds, even starting it. I want to so bad, yet things aren't working." He shrugged and looked to her, "What are you doing with those things?"

Back
Top Bottom