Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PMS.

Miss Macro

Planetoid
Private messages, not the other thing.

So, I do most if not all of my RPing over private messages and I was wondering if, perhaps migrating to threads would be a good move for me. I mean, it might inspire people to, maybe, try a bit harder with the quality of their writing.

A few things, usually the ones that I only have a reply waiting when I log on of a morning, are the ones that I look forward to the most. The others, the ones that get a few replies while I'm on, my thoughts about those are generally along the lines of "Oh, it's this thing."
Some of them have so much promise, but the actual execution of the idea tends to be somewhat of a let-down.
I'm not placing the blame for sucky RPs entirely on other people, I play my part too, but...

I think my train of thought was derailed somewhere along the line.

Is it better to RP through threads or over PMs?

Edit: typos.

I say IMs if you got 'em. Out of the two it depends. Do you mind if strangers can read your rp or not? Otherwise it depends. I think if what you want is your rp partner to work harder and get more inspired go for the topic but if you have a lot you better make sure you can keep track of it all.

I don't like to RP over IMs. I get distracted easily, and I tend to forget what has happened from one day to the next and sometimes who people are. Also, the character limit (I only have MSN) per each post tends to get annoying quite quickly if you need to write a lot.
I know that there is a feature you can save entire conversations, but it is a thing I turn off. I don't want other people who use the computer to find out exactly what it is I get up to in my spare time.
Officially, I "write short stories".

Miss Macro said:
I don't like to RP over IMs. I get distracted easily, and I tend to forget what has happened from one day to the next and sometimes who people are. Also, the character limit (I only have MSN) per each post tends to get annoying quite quickly if you need to write a lot.
I know that there is a feature you can save entire conversations, but it is a thing I turn off. I don't want other people who use the computer to find out exactly what it is I get up to in my spare time.
Officially, I "write short stories".
Get AIM, it is much better for both talking and rping :p Saving is easier too. That aside, I still stand by forums over PMs. When RPing in PMs for some odd reason people tend to let their shitty side show and tend to reduce quality of their writing. Maybe being in a forum where everyone can see their work will make them pick up the slack.

Not to toot my proverbial horn, here. But I RP through PM's (Cept for Anjeru, cause I'm weird about showing sex) and I haven't really had any complaints, I don't honestly think it makes much difference. Because if you're really so bad either way, I'm sure people will say one way or another in a public venue.

Back
Top Bottom