Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Everquest 2!

I never thought I'd say this about anything but WoW looks like it is more fun.

asasthana said:
Kiwa said:
EWWWWW.

WoW is the Wii of MMORPG's.
Play a game with class.
Have you ever seriously played WoW? It may be easy but...I value what little life I have, but I'd rather play for an hour and have fun then play for five days, gain a level then die to some retard who gets off on killing low leveled people and lose my items/level.

Screw them both. DCU Online and Star Wars: Old Republic now please.

asasthana said:
Kiwa said:
EWWWWW.

Play a game with class.

With all due respect, this is a terrible analogy in terms of insulting anything. Because it's not like the Wii isn't selling and people aren't enjoying it, after all.

I bought the wii.

I love it. So, WoW is like the awesome of MMORPG's? (Why do I feel like the abbreviation MMORPG is still pretty goddamn long for an abbreviation?)

Kiwa said:
asasthana said:
Kiwa said:
EWWWWW.

Play a game with class.
Have you ever seriously played WoW? It may be easy but...I value what little life I have, but I'd rather play for an hour and have fun then play for five days, gain a level then die to some retard who gets off on killing low leveled people and lose my items/level.

Number 1.) PVP is NOT in eq2, unless of course you're on a PVP server.
Number 2.) You don't loose anything when you die? Where in the world did you get that? The most that happens is it knocks down the integrity of your equipped items, so you've got to repair, and gives you a little bit of exp debt that 2 or 3 kills will fix. The exp debt doesn't actually TAKE the exp, either, so if you just leveled you wont loose the level... you just don't gain any MORE exp till you make up the debt, which again.. isn't hard.
Number 3.) Seriously? You'd rather take pride in a game that takes absolutely no challenge? It's not like EQ2 is that terribly hard, When I'm leveling 1-30 I try and get 10 levels a day, 30-60 I try and get 3-5, 70-80 is 1. All in all, it should take you a month to level up if you focus on it. The only HARD part about eq2, besides the fact you can't make 80 in 2 weeks (Do you know how fucked up that is?) is that some of the new Ykesha dungeons are enough to rape you with a rusty pole if you're not a well put together group.

YES, I have played WoW. I got on there to be with a friend, but after she left... So did I. It was just TO easy. It's like using a cheat to get to the last stage of the last level in the game, it just ruins any sense of accomplishment.

Ilovegoatse said:
I bought the wii.

I love it. So, WoW is like the awesome of MMORPG's? (Why do I feel like the abbreviation MMORPG is still pretty goddamn long for an abbreviation?)

The Wii is an entry level gaming console. It's flooded the market with shoddy, badly put together, generally cheap to make games because SO many people have it who don't normally play any games - Therefore, they don't recognize poor quality when they see it... THAT is a fact. Wii is, in effect, failing at what it was supposed to do ultimately. It WAS supposed to bring new life into gaming, by bringing in new blood that would grow into a higher integrity, while also providing entertainment to those who've never touched a game in there life. It's doing the latter, failing at the former.

Now, the reason WoW is like the Wii?

It's flooding the 'market' with entry level gamers as well. There is no sense of challenge in the game, so they can play it like a casual game. This would be FINE if any of them would actually progress BEYOND that 'casual gaming' faze, but most DON'T. So it enables Blizzard to make mad money for little work, while making it so that any of those gamers who DO finally decide to move on get shunned from the other games they decide to play simply because they WERE on WoW so don't deserve respect. It's a fact. I've seen it done on MANY games. Eq1, 2, Vangaurd, SWG, Eve, so on and so forth.

I've played games my entire life, Started with Age of Empires when I was 6 and moved onto EQ1 when I was 9. I've played WoW, I've played EQ, I've played many games. I also want to get a job in the industry, being a 3d Character modeler, so I really don't like bad quality of games stealing the glamor and player base when I KNOW that there is much much better - To give you an idea, I've never met a person who switched away from EQ2 and didn't come back after a few months. The game is just to well done.

Oh, I'm not really a console fanboy, soooo... Uh... Nice rant?

Just throwing in my two cents, I honestly don't care how bad the graphics are for it compared to other systems. I just think it's fun, that's all that matters to me. :D I was just pointing out not everyone thinks the wii sucks, that's all.

LMFAO. I'm not a console fangirl, either, I'm just slightly irritated that 9/10ths of people who play on Either the Wii or on WoW are entry level gamers that will never progress BEYOND that, and it poisons that 1/10th that's left into being known as part of that other 9/10ths - And thinking it's the norm.

I have other systems too, but I just happen to own a wii. I mean, I own a PS2, Gamecube, Wii, and an N64. But, I don't think I'd consider myself an entry level gamer. I figure games are for fun, if people enjoy them, what's the problem? Video games are for fun, after all. Some people can only play them in what little free time they have, so they don't want anything that requires logging a lot of hours into it.

I don't really have alot of people offhand who chant the religious greatness of WoW, most of it falls on what you said. It's easy to play, it can be incredibly irritating at times. But it's fun, it's enjoyable. 80% of the people on there are complete and utter idiots, but it's not hard finding good people to group with if you're not an idiot either.

I'd understand people being wary about WoW players coming to other games, but to shun them because they play it is..incredibly narrow minded. Most of the time, people stay with WoW for the very reason that you can hop on, do something for maybe ten mintues and be off. Easy.

It's a game you can play when you have no energy, no reserves, you rarely need to think. And quite frankly, those games are great. Because when your absolutely bored, you can just sit around in the game, maybe latch unto another group for the hell of it. Even the chats are entertaining for a time.

@ Goatse : ((I knew you in DRP, btw, and your name freaks me ouuuuuuuut!)) Goodboy. :D *cuddles with her SNES*

@ Both of you : Until you've proven yourself NOT to be of those 80% idiots, if it's known you've come for WoW, generally You'll have a bit harder of time integrating yourself into the community. Now, it's not like you CAN'T do that with EQ2 - Esa sat at level 30 for about 2 years because I did that. I'd log on, do one quest, log off. Or log on, do holiday stuff, log off. So on and so forth. But when it gets down to it.. You can pretty much guaranty that by level 80 most groups you get that are even pickup groups wont be a total disaster - Most of the shit is still at 30, logging on for an hour to do a quest or two and log off. And that's where the games differ.

In WoW, every type of player is smooshed together. It's as if someone took water, and put dirt in it. Then they pored it through a wire grate, and declared what was left after that minimal filter as what you get. In other games, not JUST eq2, They have a layer of large rocks, a layer of small rocks, then a layer of sand - If it makes it through all that, it's level 80 and it's good to go. But those shitty players are gonna be placed somewhere farther back.

It's a good thing. I like having the shit filtered out.

BTW, if you want to see amusing, get on EQ2 and just start talking about WoW in the 1-9 channel. I'm very mild in my horrible disposition when it comes to WoW, most others arn't. They just vomit at the name, and talk shit. I an at least list the few better things about WoW then EQ. :D

((The part about the chats being entertaining, btw, is silly. When I was on there all I saw was people exlaiming that their New Rzr phone was so much better then some other persons Krzr. >.<))

((My general chat is better. :D My add for it is awsome. Who doesn't like to see this?

Esa tells 1-9: Need an orgasm? Got a stick? We'll provide! /voice join The_General
Esa tells 1-9: Need TWO orgasms? Got a fish?! /join general !))

I tried EQ and I didn't like it. The one thing that WoW did better than EQ was pvp and thats what mostly held my attention. I find that PVE gets pretty boring and redundant. Tanks take hits dps throws damage and healers watch everyones health and the fights go in the same order everytime. Yeah a certain mob might have a special gimmick but that gimmick also never changes, you can kind of get into a routine where you don't have to think very much. Where with pvp you have to keep on your toes and surprises can come out nowhere(ie a rogue popping up).

Also, the graphics on EQ bother me, everything seems to move so unnaturally. They are too stiff and jerky.

wow, like anything, has haters simply because it rocks everyone else's faces off.

11 million can't be wrong and all that.

@ Lyra - Eq1 graphics are old school. If I remember correctly, it came out in 1999. >.> EQ2 is much more aesthetically pleasing then WoW. See Esachasa above. She doesn't look like some child's first grade drawing, she looks much more realistic - but not so over done that it would make the game to hard on a system as it tries to load alllll those damned polys.

@ Trygon - I think that's the worst defense of something I've ever heard. That's like saying "Smoking cigerettes has haters simply because it's awesome. 1.3 billion people can't be wrong."

Lyra said:
I tried EQ and I didn't like it. The one thing that WoW did better than EQ was pvp and thats what mostly held my attention. I find that PVE gets pretty boring and redundant. Tanks take hits dps throws damage and healers watch everyones health and the fights go in the same order everytime. Yeah a certain mob might have a special gimmick but that gimmick also never changes, you can kind of get into a routine where you don't have to think very much. Where with pvp you have to keep on your toes and surprises can come out nowhere(ie a rogue popping up).

Also, the graphics on EQ bother me, everything seems to move so unnaturally. They are too stiff and jerky.
Also, there IS pvp. Just on the PVP servers. If that's your thing, EQ provides. But a good game has it so that you shouldn't EVER have to grind - Even though leveling is slower in EQ, you will never have to grind to make those levels if you do quests. Which are NOT just kill this, kill that.

Maybe, but the damage output vs health in pvp forf EQ makes it so that whoever gets the first hit generally wins. The game really just was not designed with pvp in mind. It was only added as an afterthought.

Lyra said:
Maybe, but the damage output vs health in pvp makes it so that whoever gets the first hit, generally wins. The game really just was not designed with pvp in mind.
Hmmmm. I really can't say anything about the PVP, as that isn't my cup of tea. For PVP I'd say.. if you're really into it, Warhammer is supposed to be good. Not sure though, I've never tried it (And never really want to. o_O)

I do know, though.... Dueling... It depends on the class match up, gear, etc..

Example - In a group an Assassin and a ranger will out parse a Bruiser any day. They are both scouts, assassin being the evil version of a ranger (Sorta like a Monk is the good version of a Bruiser). However, in a duel a Ranger will whoop the SHIAT out of a bruiser (or any plate tank) just because they are ranged and we can't get to them - while yesterday I just murdered an Assassin. "whoever is hit first wins" doesn't always work.

Back
Top Bottom