Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why I HATE Ford! (Caution, lots of pics)

Veras

Star
I recently got back from the 2009 Chicago Auto Show, and upon viewing the Ford section, I couldn't help but feel I was in another dimension... Or the past... Or maybe another country!

2008 Honda Accord:

2008-honda-accord.jpg

2009 Ford Taurus:

l_ab6d4836d89f4aafb9430a21fcf3c5b7.jpg

2008 Nissan Altima:

2008_Nissan_Altima_ext_1.jpg

2009 Ford Fusion:

l_be32b7db50114df48424ec6a4707cd7a.jpg

2008 Toyota Corolla:

2009_Toyota_Corolla_S.jpg

2009 Ford Focus:

ford_focus_coupe_2009_01.jpg

Gee, where did I see those cars before?

Basically lol. Took the 3 main japan imports and took a style from each of them.

ROFLMFAO!
That is so classic. Perfect facial....

expression people, expression!
Jeez, what a dirty bunch of people...

Yeah, because what they were doing was working so well for them.

This is how business works. Market pressure dictates imports sell and domestics don't, so, the domestic becomes the import or fails. Please try to have some understanding of business before you open your mouth about it. Frankly, you should be glad for this change - It means all the money our government is dumping into them may not go to waste.

Ford actually was not having as much trouble as GM and Chrysler. They didn't look for a bail-out. All this means is that our domestic vehicles are still a step behind, and instead of looking for a way to take charge and make a BETTER vehicle, they're spending their time and money trying to rebadge things we've already seen before. Business is about competition, and this isn't competition. Hopefully this is just a stepping stone for the domestic manufacturers, and it won't become the trend. I can see it making sense as short term, but if this is their goal for profit in the coming years, then why wouldn't Americans simply stick with the imports that will clearly be a step ahead?

That's also why GM and Chrysler are doing the worst.
I guess I'm just disappointed. I wish the American automobile industry could be as innovative as it once was.

Cars were around before Ford, but they were all custom made. Ford made them accessible to the public.

I believe Ford knows what it is doing. Sure, they are selling the same design as the imports. The difference, imports have to pay tariffs , domestics ( such as Ford) don't. Therefore Ford can sell their cars cheaper.

Veras said:
Ford actually was not having as much trouble as GM and Chrysler. They didn't look for a bail-out. All this means is that our domestic vehicles are still a step behind, and instead of looking for a way to take charge and make a BETTER vehicle, they're spending their time and money trying to rebadge things we've already seen before. Business is about competition, and this isn't competition. Hopefully this is just a stepping stone for the domestic manufacturers, and it won't become the trend. I can see it making sense as short term, but if this is their goal for profit in the coming years, then why wouldn't Americans simply stick with the imports that will clearly be a step ahead?
That was beautifully put.

Back
Top Bottom