Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I has another question

Do you know what VtM is?

• Yes

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Essentially, but there was somethings that were revamped.
Psionics was the main one.
Got rid of a lot of the unessecary Battle modes nd streamlined the more complex systems.
I'm biased but both 3 and 3.5 beat the shit out of 2.
Fucking THACO...

Lyra said:
So, you don't like the Settites or Devils, Try? I thought they would be right up your alley.
World of Darkness is written by the talentless hacks that got passed up for ghostwriting Anne Rice.

Which clichés are those? Yes, its pretty cliché that werewolves and vampires hate each other but WoD was doing it well before Underworld. What else?

I stopped looking after the tribal werecats and pillaged-from-Rice vampires. There's just nothing... Creative. The whole game reeks of soulless marketing.

Tribal werecats were not in any of the core books, and most of the were races were tribal anyway seeing as how they are closely linked to shamanism in the back story. That means you actually looked in some of the secondary source books. As far as the Rice rip off vampires go, out of 13 clans maybe 3 or 4 at most can really fit into that category. Nosferatu most certainly don't, and neither do Settites from everything I've read or heard about from Anne Rice. I myself thought Malkavians were incredibly creative, being a clan whose main set of powers causes other people to go insane. How about Tzimisce? A clan of vampires who have a pseudo religion based around molding human and undead flesh like clay? I haven't heard a whole lot of that going around.

I don't mean clan history, I mean the operating mode of the game favors superpolitical, superpowered, supersecret vampires running rings around their human toys/food. I've always been a fan of classic vampires, creatures as handicapped as they are empowered, who have a lot to fear from a motivated human.

The inquisition still exists in the World of Darkness. They = humans. Humans can still kill vampires very easily during the day unless the vampires have mortal agents protecting them. Vampire powers are fairly weak within the first few decades of creation. Sure they can increase their strength or agility or stamina by using blood, but for every 1 point of whatever stat they increase they have to spend one point of blood and most vampires can't spend more than one point of blood in a single combat turn. So if you catch a vampire by surprise you have a chance of taking them out. Especially if you use fire, and its not hard to make a Molotov cocktail.

I'm sorry, but I'm really not interested in discussing the specifics when I know so little. I read one sourcebook and some of the secondary books, was completely unimpressed, and have never given it a second glance.

I'm surprised at you Try. Weren't you flaming some guy just last night for talking bad about something he hardly knew anything about? =P

Oh well, I still think you're awesome. ^.^

Lyra said:
I'm surprised at you Try. Weren't you flaming some guy just last night for talking bad about something he hardly knew anything about? =P

Oh well, I still think you're awesome. ^.^
*shrugs* I gave it a fair shake, it failed to interest me, why would I look any deeper? I haven't heard the MCR discography, but they have my burning ire, as well.

So... because it failed to interest you, you hate it. Well, I guess it's a good thing I made a good impression then.... or did I? Do you hate ME Try? DO YOU?

lol

Lyra said:
So... because it failed to interest you, you hate it. Well, I guess it's a good thing I made a good impression then.... or did I? Do you hate ME Try? DO YOU?

lol
It takes a lot of fail to make me incapable of finishing.

Back
Top Bottom