Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you doing here? This is my room! (me and DrgnLady)

Raziel99

Pulsar
It was a long summer since graduation, and Alex was happy that college was finally starting. Able to get out of the house, away from family until Christmas. Carrying two luggage bags and a backpack into one of the dorm buildings wasn't too hard either. He wasn't overly strong, but he could carry things forever if he had to. Semi long brown hair was disheveled, falling into his blue eyes.

He went to the front desk and said his name, and got the key to a room on the third floor, 325. Great, a flight of cramped stairs. Somehow, he made it up in less than ten minutes. The stairs were followed by a long hallway. They sure wanted to kill him, eh? But he eventually made it, and putting down one of the luggage to fish the key from his mouth, he opened the door.

He had seen men and women on the floor, so he guessed it was a co-ed dorm. Fair enough. He wouldn't mind. As long as he didn't get a gay guy as a dorm mate, he was fine.

He slowly unpacked, picking a closet and starting to fill it with his shirts and pants. His dorm mate wasn't here yet, so he left the door cracked, so they could get in easier. He pulled slightly on blue jeans that were starting to rub too much on his legs. He hated jeans sometimes.

A pale hand brushed short strands of light brown hair out of her face as she stopped at the end of the hallway. Dark brown eyes glanced down the rather long hallway. It's length almost discouraged her, but she was determined to get to the door without any sort of assistance. She had spent most of her life trying to prove to everyone that she was strong enough to take care of herself. The stairs had not stopped her, so she was not going to let the hallway stop her either.

Mia dropped the rather large suitcase she had been carrying to brush off her cream colored dress. It was her favorite dress, mostly because it matched the pair of cream-colored cat ears that stuck up on her head. With a sigh, she picked her suitcase back up and headed down the hallway. Finally arriving at her dorm, she pushed the door open quickly-thankful her room mate was kind enough to leave it part of the way open-and stepped inside. The suitcase fell to the floor as she noticed her room mate, letting out a startled squeak.

He heard the Squeak when he was finishing with his first bag. He turned his head and saw... What was this. "Who are you, and what are you doing?" He asked, taking a few steps forward. "Do you have 302 as well?" He was slightly confused. But if she was his roommate, best to make the best of it.

"Y-Yes." Mia stuttered as her cheeks flushed bright red. She knew this was a co-ed dorm, but Mia never imagined that she would actually wind up with a guy as her room mate.

"I guess we are room mates..." As Mia tried to force the blush away she began to drag the suitcase over to the other closet.

Yep, time to make the best of it.

"Let me help you with that." He said, walking over to her and helping her carry it to her dresser. Laying it on the bottom so she could get into it easier and get set up, he went back to his stuff, going into the smaller bags and unpacking them. He pulled out his laptop case and moved to his desk, setting his laptop up and plugging the adapter and Ethernet in. It didn't take too long before most of his stuff was packed. Getting bored, he moved to lay down on his bed. His eyes closed as he drifted into thought...

"Thank you." Mia slowly began to unpack and put her clothes into the dresser. Once that was done she began to set up her own desk. A small laptop was carefully set on it, along with three drawing pads that looked rather beaten up. A new drawing pad was set on top of the older three and a handful of pencils was laid out beside them. Once her suitcase had been emptied she moved it out of the way, and flipped open her laptop.

His eyes opened quickly after a few minutes. Thoughts that he shouldn't have been having at the moment. He stretched with a groan and tilted his head to her. "You want to go get dinner? I'm sure you are hungry, it's usually a long ride here." he slowly sat up and stretched somewhat, his body still a little sore from the car ride. "I'll pay."

"I am kind of hungry...But I can pay for myself." Mia blushed, hoping her growling stomach would not be audible. The car ride had been long but Mia had slept most of the way, since she had been unable to sleep the night before.

Mia stood from her chair and smoothed out her dress-it was a nervous habit, and finding out her room mate was a guy made her rather nervous. She had not been around many guys. Her father was very overprotective of his only child.

"No, it would be my pleasure." He said, sitting up and stretching some more. The car ride made him stiff. Getting out of bed and heading to his closet, he pulled out his wallet and stuffed it into his pocket. "Or should I just call for pizza, and let you rest?"

"I would kind of like to go out. I have not had the chance to really walk around the campus yet." Mia looked at him then quickly away, brown eyes looking to the floor.

He nodded, going to the door and opening it slightly. "Ok then, let's go. And you are not getting out of me paying." There was a small, soft smile on his face as he waited for her.

Mia gave him a shy smile before stepping out of the room. Her cream-colored ears twitched slightly and she looked around at all the other students that walked by, either looking for their dorms, looking for their friends, or-like them-heading out to eat.

He smiled, leading the way out of the dorm building and starting around campus. It took a while to find somewhere to eat, but he eventually found something on campus. Seemed to be where the culinary students practiced. This should be fun.

"This looks like a decent place." he said softly, leading her into the building. "Hope you don't mind open buffets."

"i don't mind." Mia's nose twitched once as she stepped inside, hoping there would be some sort of fish or seafood for her to eat...or eggs. The thought made her lick her lips as she looked around.

He nodded as they walked upstairs, walking towards the register. "For here or to go?" The lady asked. "To go, two." Alex said quickly, pulling out some cash and handing it over. Heading in, he smelt the smell of seafood. "Mmm, i think... crab?" He smiled as he walked forward, browsing for food.

"Crab...and sushi...and...ooh...tuna..." Mia couldn't help but let out a barely audible mew. She headed straight for the seafood section of the buffet.

He stopped there long enough to get crab legs and a lobster tail, then went around, getting fries and some mashed potatoes. But soon he came back to get breaded clam bits. He went to get himself some pepsi, then waited at the door for her, the container that he was given closed, his cup in the other hand.

Her container was soon filled with a few pieces of sushi, a couple crab legs, bits of several different kinds of fish, and some of the breaded clam she had watched him put into his container. Mia filled her cup with water, then made her way over to him.

He nodded as he saw her coming, then opened the door for her, leading the way back to their dorm. Luckily there was some nice people to open the doors into the building, so he didn't have to pull out his card. Leading her upstairs and unlocking the door (sadly, with his teeth holding the keys because his hands were full), he led back into their dorm, laying on his bed and opening his case of food.

Mia sat down on her bed, setting the cup on the little nightstand next to it. She opened her container and, with a little mew, began to eat some of the sushi.

He started with a scoop of mashed potatoes, then started popping the pieces of clam into his mouth. He was getting bored, but he was eating. He might start with one of his new books later.

Mia began to work on breaking open the crab legs, eagerly picking at the meat inside. Half-way through her second leg, she stopped, suddenly looking over at him.

"I forgot to ask...what is your name?"

He had already picked up a leg, nimble fingers breaking the legs open and pulling out the meat from inside. He heard her question and turned to face her, finishing the little bit in his mouth before answering. "Alex. And yours?"

"Mia." She flashed him a shy smile. Her ears twitched and she looked to the door, listening to a couple people as they ran past their dorm.

"It is nice to meet you, Mia." He said, before turning back to the crab leg, finishing the meat in it before pulling out another one. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad in here. She was rather nice and calm.

Back
Top Bottom