Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I Don't Fit In (RainbowxRude)

"Well you are way better than me. I am kind of out of shape." He lifted his shirt to show off his rather average frame. He had hints of muscles but it was obvious that he didn't work out or play many sports. He didn't have time for it after all. He had to balance social life with school work. While she took her running very seriously, he took his school life very seriously. She trained for a year, he studied for hours every night. And he secretly wore reading glasses, which he never wore in front of anyone in the school.

But when she mentioned that it was no big deal, he found himself rather annoyed. She was putting herself through unnecessary pain just because she was stubborn. "Well Jesus...I guess I should stop trying to be nice to you all together now huh? Every time I try to do something nice you complain. I come out to see you run, which none of your friends bother with. I offer you breakfast, for free! And you treat it like a chore. And when you are obviously in pain, you just turn away every bit of help I offer. No wonder every stays away from you."

She looke over at him and chuckled a bit as he lifted his shirt. She had already noticed when he had taken off his shirt in her house. She didn't know how smart she was. She made good grade, just doing enough work to keep A's and B's in all her classes. She didn't know anything about his study habits, but then again he didn't really know anything about her running habits.

As he seemed to get offended by her declining his offer to help she just kept walking and listening to him comlain. When he was done she stopped suddenly, turning and facing him. "Well I didn't ask you to do any of those things! So, if you can't deal with me being stubborn, don't offer to take me out!" She said and as he implied that everyone stayed away from her that seemed to hit her hard. She just started walking back towards her house in a huff, obviously quite angry with him again. He didn't seem to know how to talk to her without making her mad.

When she started to yell at him like that, his shocked face slowly shifted into a huge grin. He hurried to catch her, which was easy because of her sore ankles. He put his arms around her tightly, holding her in place. "Wow...You have no idea how sexy that is. I am not used to anyone standing up to me. I kind of expected you to roll over and be nicer. But this is so much better." He still kept his arms around her.

"Now I definitely have to take you out on a date. Please! Maybe after breakfast we could do something?" He seemed to be just as stubborn as he was. She agreed to go to breakfast with him and she was going whether she liked it or not. His tone was so earnest and almost pleading. It was the closest that he had gotten to begging for something in his entire life.

His smile only made her angrier as he stormed off. She grunted as he wrapped his arms around her and she tried to shake him off. "Let go of me!" She said, obviously not going to give in that easy. She made an disgusted noise as he said it was sexy how she stood up to him. She wasn't trying to be sexy, she was really angry with him. She finally got out of his grasp, though just stood a few steps away from him.

She looked appeuled that he still wanted to take her on a date. "You can't be serious! You tease me, steal my homework, then insult me and you think that just because you're being nice all of a sudden I'll go out with you?!" She was very surprised at this man's ego. "No!" She just about yelled at him "Now leave me alone!" She said and turned again, going off down the street. towards her house. She intended to get there even if she had to run.

Zach ran up behind her again, and tossed his arms around her again, this time holding her a little tighter. "Hey! I am sorry if I came off as a jerk before. But I told you I am childish when you deny me." He slowly pulled his arms from around her before biting his lip shyly. "I am sorry that I am being an ass. I can't help me. Come on...Give me a chance. My friends aren't around and there is no one for me to embarrass you in front of."

He looked down his face just a little red from embarrassment. "I really like you Kerii...I don't know why you won't believe me...Well I do know why you won't believe me. But what could I do to make you believe me? Something that a guy who doesn't really like wouldn't do?" He seemed a bit shy now. After all, he was throwing himself out there now.

Kerii tried to shake him off again, but it didn't seem to be working. She just stood still after that, listening to ehat he had to say. She really didn't like him holding her like this, especially when she was this mad. As he let go, she almost leaped away from him, and then turned to face him. She gave another troubled grunt when he mentioned his friends. "I don't care about you're stupid friends. You couldn't enbarass me in front of them if you tried! I just don' like you!"

She just looked at him after that, not quite sure what to do or say. She did indeed notice his embarassment, and she knew that was real so she stayed a bit longer and listened to him. She showed no emotion as he spoke, but then again he couldn't see her eyes, where she showed most of the emotions. She stayed quiet for a moment as he proposed doing something that would prove he liked her. "Fine, you want to prove yourself? Stop hanging out with you're stupid 'friends' and hang out with me. And don't be mean at all to anyone." She said. She didn't think he would be able to manage that.

When she gave him her terms he sighed a little. That would be harder said then done. He really did like her more than any of his female friends and most of his male friends. But he did have some real friends in that group. So he let out a long sigh before taking a step towards her. He looked her right in the eyes with the most sincere face he could possibly manage. "I will stop hanging out with most of them. But I do have close friends and even though you are better than any girl I have ever met, I am not going to abandon them just for you. But that is only two or three of my friends and you don't have to hang out with them."

He sighed again and leaned in so that he was close. "Is that good enough for you oh mighty mistress?" He smiled a little but it was half hearted. He couldn't believe he was going to give up his hard earned reputation and position as king just to date her. "You had better be a great girlfriend..."

Kerii was a bit surprised that he said he'd do it so willingly. She would have expected him to give up or at least give her an answer on Monday. As he said he actually had friends she nodded a bit. That was understandable and she wasn't going to completely block him off from people. "Fine." She said, in a stilll slightly angry voice. He seemed so honest about his response too. Which only surprised her more. She didn't really expect him to just give in like that. And she didn't really know how to react to it. Though she realized that at this point she could completely crush him.

She just stood there as he leaned in. She didn't really mind him being so close to her, she just didn't really like him touching her. She knew now when she hung out with him it was going to be quite akward. She had pretty much made him give up his reputation just for a date. People didn't normally do that just for one person, and that kind of worried her. She leaned in a bit more as he said she had better be a good girlfriend, almost touching his ear with her lips. "I am." She said softly and then pulled back quickly, taking a step around him towards the restaurant. "So are we still on for breakfast?" She asked, not quite sure if he still wanted to hang out with her today.

Although Zach liked being king of the school, it wasn't his life. He wouldn't think twice about abandoning it if he found something he thought was more important. And he really liked her. That seemed a bit more important than having girls thinking he was cool. He would miss the sex, but that was about it. Then she whispered in his ear. His whole body shivered and he smiled a little. She really knew how to mess with him. And he liked that for some reason.

But when she started to walk towards the restaurant, he eagerly followed. "Of course I want to go to the restaurant. That is our first date after all." He got a small smile before moving up to walk next to her. He didn't really see a down side to all of this. If this turned out badly, he could easily salvage his reputation. He wouldn't be king of the school, but he would be damn popular. And he wouldn't have to lose his close friends at all. This was easy.

Kerii just stared at him, walkin backwards until he started to follow. She didn't really care that he could get his status back fiarly easily, she was just impressed that he would give up somehting that he seemed to enjoy quite a bit that easily. She just continued walking, knowing generally where the restaurant was. She rolled her eyes at the comment about this being their first date and such. She didn't really think this to be a date.

As they walked she made sure to keep at least a foot or two of distance between them. She still didn't like him touching her. She just kept walkking, not limping quite as much, but she was still doing it. She didn't even seem to notice though. That was just how she seemed to walk after a race. She was glad that they were going to this restaurant though. She didn't go there often and it was close enough that if he started being an ass she could just walk home.

Zach was focused on being on his best behavior. After all, if he pissed her off, she would leave. And right now, he really didn't want her to leave. But no matter how much he tried, she just seemed to hate him and it was driving him insane. He didn't know why he liked her so much even though she seemed to like nothing about him. So he kept the distance she had between them. And soon they were at the restaurant. There was no wait this early and it seemed like the place had just opened.

After making his way to a seat, he planted himself before smiling, a small grin on his face. "Order whatever you want. I figure if I spoil you completely it will help my chances of having you as a steady girlfriend. You do still hate me right?" He still had that dumb grin, obviously still happy with himself.

Kerii just focused on walking without falling over. The lactic acid on her legs was begining to build up and it was starting to hurt. She was a bit surprised that a place that sold breakfast wasn't open earlier, or at least have a better crowd. THey were just about the only ones in there besides an elderly couple that was across the room. She sat down after him, making a slightly pained face as she did so. She was happy that they were inside now. No more wind to blow her hair in all directions.

She couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he said if he spoiled her it would better his chances. She only laughed more as he asked if she hated him still. "Well, I wouldn't call it hate, more like greatly dislike." She said. Hate would imply she would kill him if she had the chance. And she wouldn't kill him, she wasn't that violent. She didn't understand why he was so glad that she didn't like him though. One would think he would be much happier if she actually liked him.

When Zach saw her face he let out a sigh. "You are not walking back. I am getting my car or carrying you. And that is not a question and you do not have a choice." He seemed a little less happy when she looked like she was in pain. And to be honest, he wasn't happy to begin with. The girl he was going far out of his way to win over disliked him. It made him feel like he was wasting his time. But a happy face was a whole lot better than showing that he was depressed.

"So I am ditching my reputation and the ability to have sex with any popular girl I want just to have a shot at a girl who greatly dislikes me? Lucky me. You really know how to make me feel like a stupid jack ass you know." He still had that grin and his voice was rather playful. He didn't seem to make a dent no matter how nice he was. He was starting to think this was all a lost cause.

Kerii sighed as he said she wasn't walking back. "I'll be fine, It's only a few blocks." She said, obviously not worried about it. She would still be sore on Sunday and Monday and it wasn't like he could drive her around school or her house. She was still a bit surprised that he didn't seemed bugged by the fact she still didn't really like him. The reason she didn't was because he still hadn't done really anything for her. She had only really started knowing him because he was picking on her and so of course she didn't like him.

She shruged as he stated what he was doing just to go out with her. She couldn't hel but smile as he said she made him feel like a jack-ass. "Wow, I didn't know I could do that." She said, grinning a bit still. Her voice was a bit pleased, though she probably wouldn't do that to him any more. She figured she had messed with him enough. He was already giving up his status just to go out with her. If she wanted, she could always mess with him later. "So," She said, picking up the menu. "What's your favorite color?" She asked, trying not to be completely horrible.

Zach kept smiling when she acted surprised at being able to make him feel like a jack ass. She was certainly civil for hating him. But then he almost started to laugh out loud when she asked his favorite color. "My favorite color would be purple." And almost on command, he pulled a case out of his pocket and opened it before putting on a pair of rather expensive looking dark purple glasses. Then he looked over the menu slowly. She was officially the only person in the school to know that he wore glasses now.

In fact, he could barely read without his glasses and it was either wear them or press the menu right up to his nose. "And what is yours Miss Kerii?" He smiled a little. With his glasses on, he looked completely different. He was more cute than handsome and when he wore them, his eyes now unstressed, his eyes were vastly intelligent and he appeared to be the book reading study addict he really was.

Kerii didn't know whether to laugh or not when he said it was purple. That tended to be a femine color, but she didn't have anything against guys that liked it. She just stared at him as he took out glasses and put them on. She actually even went as far as to move her hair out of her eyes to see him better. She was shocked that he wore glasses,they made him look so much different. "You... wear glasses?" She asked, almost as if she believed they were fake. "You look cute." She said, then looked back at her menu. It didn't seem to bother her to say that.

When he asked hers she just reached down and pulling something from her bag. She pulled out a hair clip, moving her bangs off ot one side and clipping them there so she could see. "Mine would be green." She said, pointing to the clip which was a deep almost emrald green. She just went back to reading the menu, trying not to pay attention to how he looked, but she could help but glance up at him every once in a while. She soon put the menu down, closing it. She just stared at him, not really bothered by that fact she was doing so. She just couldn't get over the fact that he looked so different with glasses on.

When she questioned the glasses, he smiled a little. "One of the side effects or reading like its my job. I might seem like just some stupid preppy guy but I am multi-layered." He gave her a small smirk before looking back to his menu. He looked up to see what she was gesturing to and saw that she had revealed her eyes to him. And she was staring. To be honest, he kind of liked it. Then she said he was cute. His cheeks turned a little red at that. It was weird to have her not treat him like dirt.

"Well green suits you." After a few more moments, he folded his menu and put it aside, waiting for a waiter at this point. He started to slide his glasses off for a moment but then he pushed them back up to their proper place. She seemed to like them and it was much better for his eyes that way. "And I like you showing off your eyes."

Kerii eventually looked off to the side. She may have been acting kind of shallow, but she really like the way he looked with he was in glasses. She looked back over ot him as he spoke about being multi-layered. She didn't really expect that, which could ahve been another reason she was starting to like him a bit more. She didn't realize it though. She just looked back off to the side, looking over the restaurant.

She smiled a bit at him, it being the first actaully sincere smile she would have given him. "Thank you." She said. She had noticed him almost take off his specticles, but then didn't. She looked back at him, then down at her napkin. She smirked a bit and almost took her hair down as he said he liked her showing off her eyes, but then decided to leave her hair up. She just looked back at him. "You better." She said. "Not even my closest friends get to see my eyes very often." She said, and that was the truth.

Zach smiled a little more when she smiled at him like that. "And you are even cuter when you smile." He decided that he would wear his glasses around her all the time. That would make his life easier. And if he was abandoning his life as popular Zach, he could wear them all the time. It would certainly stop his eyes from getting worse and worse like they were. There was no bad side to this. But then she said that she didn't show her eyes often. He looked almost shocked at that.

"But they are so...Blue! You have beautiful eyes." Then he realized that he was probably making her uncomfortable and his cheeks turned red. He suddenly hid behind his menu as the waiter came over. "What would you two like to drink." There was a mumble about orange juice from behind the menu. He didn't know why he cared so much if he was making her feel weird. He hadn't cared about a girl before. It was annoying. All the doubt and desire.

She just looked down as he said she was cute when she smiled. He complimented her way too much. She wasn't used to it. She didn't really know what else to say, so she just sat there, staring at the table. She looked up at he stated the obvious in saying they were so blue. But when he complimented them she looked back down at the table, blushing a bit. "Thanks." She said softly, feeling a bit embarassed.

She looked over at the waiter as he came over, noticing Zach was also embarassed, or at least that was how it seemed. She couldn't help but laugh a bit. Just milk." she said with a smile. The waiter seemed to like her eyes as well, spending a bit of extra time to learn her name. She thought it was kind of funny, that and she wanted to know how Zach would react to it. She no longer felt weird, she thought it was pretty entertaining that he seemed that self conscious though.

The waiter, as he left the table, got to see Zach's eyes narrowed behind his menu, blocking her view but making sure that he could see. He was finally getting on her good side and he didn't need some smart ass waiter to screw it up by flirting. But after the waiter was gone, he lowered the menu, pushing his glasses up a little before smiling at her again. "See? Your eyes are just catching all kinds of attention. Its enough to make a guy jealous."

Soon their drinks were there and he drank most of the orange juice in one gulp. But then the waiter asked for them to order. "Uh...I'll just have an order of waffles." He sat up a little, finding himself getting more and more confident with her. She was really starting to like him a little more. He could tell. But the longer he sat there, the more he wondered if she would ever feel the way he felt about here.

Kerii just laughed at Zach's statment. She was pretty sure she wouldn't leave their date for a waiter, though she thought it to be kind of cute that he was jealous. She looked up at the waiter with a smile as he came back. She waited for Zach to order before ordering anything herself. "I'll have..." She paused, thinking for a moment. "Two pancakes, one egg, scrambled, some toast, and a thing of fruit." She said with a grin. Though as she said 'thing' she held her hands on a small bowl shape. The waiter seemed to be surprised that such a small girl had ordered so much.

She always ate quite a bit after a race because she had just burned so many calories running for so long. She was quite content with her order. It was just Zach's fault that he offered to pay for it all. She had just about all these things at home that she would have been fine with cooking, but he insisted on taking her out, so he would have to pay. She watched the waiter leave before looking over to Zach, smiling a bit. "So, you like to read?" She asked, though he had already inplied that.

Zach wasn't exactly surprised at what she ordered. He had expected a big order after what she had just gone through. "Its a good thing I got paid yesterday..." He smirked a little before getting comfortable again. He was getting more and more comfortable around her. She was easy to be nice to at this point. After all, she was cute and she was being kind to him. This was what he had been hoping for all day. Then she asked about his reading habits.

"I read more than I should. I study until about ten then I stay up until around one in the morning to read. I usually go through two or three books a week. Although I suppose that will be cut down to one if I have a girlfriend to spend time with. That is...If you plan on being my girlfriend."

Kerii laughed a bit at his comment. She was pretty sure he was just kidding. She was slowly getting morecomfortable around him as well. But then again she tended to get used to people pretty quickly, she just wasn't used to getting used to peole she hated that fast. She just sat there, looking at him. She still wasn't sure how he could go from being such an ass to being so nice so quickly. It just confused her.

She listened to him talk about his reading habits, a bit surprised that he read so much. She hadn't expected that, but then again it was probably the same with her and running. She smirked a bit as he asked if she planned on being his girlfriend. She soon looked serious, looking away as if she were thinking. "I'm still considering..." She said, obviously just being silly. She didn't really have to worry about cutting anything out of her saily schedule because she ran in the morning before anyone was even up.

"Well I hope that you decide being my girlfriend is the place you want to be in." He smiled a little before leaning across the table a little. "I will wear my glasses all the time just for you." He grinned at her before finishing the orange juice that was sitting on the table. They had gotten very casual already and he didn't think that he would regret missing out on reading.

"So do you like reading?" He stretched out on his side, his long legs having to spread out so that his feet didn't touch her legs. He rather disliked his long lanky body sometimes. After all, there were only a handful of students as tall as him in the school and before he got his car, he hit his head on the bus door. And no, he was doing his best to stretch without feeling up her legs with is feet.

Back
Top Bottom