Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I Don't Fit In (RainbowxRude)

Kerii started running, and she was the first girl to finish. She really didn't want to talk to Zach now, expecially since she was all sweaty from her run. She was pretty happy though. She had beat her preious time by at least fifteen mintues which was just enough to qualify her for the full marathon. She couldn't help but be happy about her race now, she had completely forgotten about Zach be the time she crossed the finish line. She was congradulated by people she didn't even know, and she smiled, completely happy.

She smiled, finally getting away from the crowd. She smiled, normally she would have just gone back to her house by now, but she was first and so she would stay for the awards. That and she didn't want to just try and avoid Zach any longer than she had to. She knew he was already here, though she didn't know if he had stayed for the whole thing or not. She just sighed, finding a nice place to sit down and relax for a while while all the other people came in.

Zach waited for the crowd to subside and leave her alone before he even considered approaching her. But when he saw her go over and sit against the tree, he decided that it was as good a time as any. He walked over and and knelled next to her, a grin on his face. "Wow...You really are pretty serious about running aren't you?" He put a hand on her head and ruffled it softly like they were old friends.

"And don't just walk away this time. I want to say something to you." He went from knelling to sitting, a smile still on his face. "I really do like you...And to answer the question you walked away after asking yesterday...I don't want one of the drones because they are just drones. They have the same boring personality. I like you because you are different from everyone I know."

Kerii saw him walk over and didn't even bother to tyr and get away. Plus she was way too tired to try and do that. She shook her head, fixing her hair after he ruffled it. She didn't really like her hair being touched. She liked it over her eyes. She nodded though to answer his question. She loved to run, and she was damned good at it. She just stared at him, waiting for him to talk. She didn't really have anything to say to him.

She rolled her eyes as he said not to run away. She just stared at him through her hair as he spoke, not quite sure how to respond to that. She just continued to stare at him. "If you really like me then why are you such an ass?" She asked. Her bangs were still in her eyes, but the rest of her hair was pulle dback. It kind of made her look like a sheepdog. She just stared at him, waiting for an answer. She didn't doubt she was different from everyone, she just doubted he liked her for just that.

"Well...It is going to sound really stupid but I am an ass because I like being popular. You are a bit of an outcast. But you are so much more entertaining than any of the other girls I tease. They just run away blushing and don't say a word to me. You slapped me right across the face. I have to admit...That was the best thing a girl has ever done to me. But if I let them know that I liked you, I would lose my spot as king of the school."

He looked rather ashamed about his reason. But it seemed honest enough. "But I do enjoy teasing you. I won't lie about that. That was pretty fun. Except for all the stuff I did yesterday. That was a little over the top even by my standards. But...I really wanted to have a date with you."

Kerii continued to listen to his explination to being an ass. It didn't really make sense to her. The way she saw it was he liked teasing her because she actually reacted differently. She laughed a bit, "So you enjoyed me slapping you?" She asked, Smiling a bit at the idea. "So If we did go out you'd hide it from the other popular kids even if you liked me?" She asked, and depending on what he said would probably decide her answer.

She rolled her eyes as he admited to enjoying teasing her. She scoffed as her said the stuff he did yesterday was not so fun. "Then why'd you do it? Just to be an ass?" She asked, not quite sure why he would do such mean things just to show off in front of other mean people. It just seemed stupid in her opinion, especially because it was just over a date.

"Well would you honestly want to be around my friends all the time if we did date?" He smiled a little. Another thing that he liked about her. She detested his friends. Something about the forbidden fruit that was Kerii tempted him so much. But then she said that he did it just to be an ass. "Well that depends on what you were talking about. Having all my friends sit at your table was to be an ass. Taking your homework and bag was me being childish because you turned me down."

He moved a little closer to her before leaning in a bit closer. "So what do you say? Do you want me to take you out for..." He looked a this watch and appeared almost shocked. "Breakfast I guess? We can talk about having a secret relationship...Oh and about how much of a pervert your friend Angela is. I told her I would skip seventh period and hang out and she tried to pull my pants off as soon as we were alone."

Kerii shrugged a bit, nodding. She knew she wouldn't want to be around his friends at all time. She would probably end up snapping and killing them all. She didn't even know how he could put up with them, but then she remembered that he was the one they all looked up to. She sighed as he said half was being an ass, the other half was just being childish. "So if I keep turning you down you'll keep stealing my homework and making your friends sit with me?" She asked, hoping that wasn't the case.

She just sat there as he got even closer. She didnt' even seem to notice. "Hmm..." She thought about it for a moment. "Just breakfast?" She asked, "And you're going to pay?" She added. She did need to eat. She had only had some toast before the race and she was just about starving now. She laughed as he spoke about Angela. "Ya, she gets like that with guys she liked." She said, laughing a bit more. She knew Angela was a bit of a freak, but that didn't really bother her that much. Especially because they didn't really hang out too much, they just talked at school a lot.

Zach smirked a little when she said that. "I won't keep doing those exact things. After all, what is the fun of doing the same things every day. I will think of new torture." But then she asked about the breakfast. "Yes I am paying...You know, if you ask stuff like that I feel kind of used." He smiled a little before standing up and offering her a hand. "But if I am buying you breakfast I demand at least an hour of your time afterward."

He had a small smirk on his face. But it wasn't that mixed expression that he gave her before. This one matched his eyes in saying 'I really want you.' And it seemed to be genuine. It would be nice to have time alone with her. After all, the only girls he had been alone with wanted to sleep with him.

Kerii nodded as he said he wouldn't do the same things. She smiled, wondering what to do. She looked over at him as he spoke and could help but smirk. "Well maybe that's all I'm using you for, A nice breakfast." She said, As he offered her his hand she took it, groaning a bit as she got up. She sighed at his terms. "Fine, but we have to stop by the awards first so I can get my medal." She said. That was one of the things she liked about running, the medals.

She noticed his smirk again, though it was much different than it was yesterday. It seemed much more genuine. She started limping off to the group of people again, thwy were gathered around for the awards. She wasn't one for staying very long so she just got her medal, said thanks and then left. She got a check as well, for three hundred dollars for winning first in both her age group and for women. "Mmk, ready?" She asked. She would have liked to go home and taken a shower, but she could always put that off, it was his fault for wanting to take her out right after the race.

When she limped over to him holding her medal and check he sighed. "You really aren't fit for going out and spending time with me. You can barely walk and you smell like a gym locker." With out word he pushed his back to her and lifted her up so that she was riding on his back. "Just rest and tell me which way to your house. I am not taking you out to breakfast all sweaty." He smiled a little before starting to walk.

He decided that he could ignore her complaints and unless he hit him, he wasn't letting her down. But he found having her on his back was rather distracting. Her body was warm and her body was pressed right against him. He ignored the feeling of her sweat and instead focused on her form pressed to him.

Kerii didn't mind her own limp, she had been running on it for the last twenty minutes so it didn't really bother her. She looked quite offended as he said she smelled like a gym locker. "Well then maybe you shouldn't...' She was stopped midsentance as she yelped and was soon on his back. She struggled a bit. "Maybe you shouldn't take me out right after a face if you don't like how I smell." She said, but then sighed as he said he wasn't taking her out like this.

"Fine, Take a left up here." She said, pointing at a corner. She didn't live far from school, a mile tops. She could always get him to carry her home and then just not go out with him. That would be fun. She didn't really noticed what being pressed this closly against him might do, but she didn't really care. She gave him directions to her house and when they got there she squirmed off her back, pulling a key out of her sports bra and going inside. She didn't wait for him, just exected him to come on in.

But in fact, when she went in, he stood there with a rather innocent look on his face. He hadn't really planned on going inside. In fact, he hadn't planned on walking to her house. After all, his car was parked at the school right now. But after almost a minute of standing outside the doorway, he decided that he was meant to go inside. So he sat down on the nearest chair and looked rather uncomfortable. It was weird to be inside of her house even though she seemed to dislike him quite a bit.

"So how long are you going to take? Because I can go get my car while I am waiting for you. Unless you want to go eat somewhere that is nearby." He pulled of his shirt slowly, looking at all the spots where her sweat had soaked in. He ended up shaking out a little, hoping to dry it. He didn't think about the fact that he was sitting in the house of a girl who hated him. But he was gorgeous. Slightly muscled and lightly tanned with a small Celtic cross around his neck. He was any high school girl's dream. Except for her at least.

She was about to get in the shower when he finally came in. He sure took forever to do something so simple. She walked out in a robe as he was taking off his shirt. "I should be about ten minutes or so." She said "Hold on." She said, going in her room and getting a shirt or him. She had a surprising amount of guy shirts, most of them band tees. She came back out, throwing it at him before turning again. "You can get your car if you want, you just have to hurry." She said. It he wasn't back soon enough she was going to lock him out and she was going to enjoy it.

She paused for a moment, laughing at him a bit. "For someone who looks so uncomfortable you sure took off your shirt quickly." She said with another laugh as she turned and walked into the bathroom. "And don't worry, parents arn't home." She said, the door closing and the water starting. She locked the door, wondering if it was a good idea to leave him alone in her house. She shrugged, stripping and getting in the water.

When she tossed him a shirt he looked it over before sighing. He pulled it only slowly and it was almost too short. "Wow... You are so small!" He was rather tall and her short was fairly small for him. But when she commented on him taking off his shirt he could help but grin. "Well my other one was wet from your sweaty ass." And just like that she was in the bathroom. He had a feeling that the ten minutes was a strict deadline. But he didn't even think about peeking on her. He was sure she would kick the shit out of him for it.

So he hurried off to get his car. He didn't run or anything like that. He simply walked quickly, arriving at his car about 5 minutes later. He was back in that same chair well within his ten minutes. He wasn't going to have her ditch him after he did his best to be nice to her. "Are you don't yet? I am getting hungry."

Kerii got out a bit before he got back, she looked around, not noticing him there so she just went in her room to change. Since he wasn't there and she was sure she would hear him enter she just left the door open as she changed. She even went as far as to turn he music on. She was just putting on her bra when she heard him enter again. She quickly got dressed, throwing on a black shirt and a mid-calf legnth, deep green skirt. She soon walked out, her head wrapped in a towel. "Well, I just have to dry my hair a bit." She said, waving to him a bit before going back into the bathroom.

He would be able to see her entire face for a moment. If he was paying attention he would have noticed how beautiful she really was. She dried her hair a bit before going into her room again and getting a small, green and black backpack and then walked back out to where he seemed to be sitting still. "Ok, ready." She said, and started walking out the door, assuming he'd follow again.

When he saw her without the hair, he almost fell out of the chair. She was gorgeous. He had thought she was cute before. But she was probably the most attractive girl he knew. At least to him she was. And her piercing blue eyes were his favorite thing about her. But soon she was gone again and he was stuck waiting for her. And once again, his brain was stuck on her. And when she came back, he hated her hair for blocking some of her face. Especially her eyes.

But he followed as she left and he was close enough to grab hold of her wrist. "Where are we going? I don't feel like driving if I don't have to." To be honest, he liked holding her like this. It was close enough to holding her hand for his taste. But he still felt like she didn't really believe him about liking her.

Kerii stumbled a bit as he grabbed her wrist. She didn't really know what he wanted now. She shrugged at his question. "I don't know, pick somewhere." She said. She really didn't care where they ate. She sighed, shaking her wrist from his grasp. She didn't really like him holding onto her like that. She still didn't really like him, And she certianly didn't thik he liked her like he said he did. She didn't even really know why he was taking her out to eat. She was ready for him to just embarass her some way and have his friends 'show up' at just the right moment.

She just stared at him, the breeze blowing a bit and rustling her skirt and moving her hair a bit so he could get glimpses of her eyes. She put her hand on her hip, looking off to the side as she waited to hear an answer. Anywhere would be fine with her. Though if she had to choose, she would pick waffle house or something quick and easy.

Zach took a few long moments to think, which were only made longer by the breeze. As soon as he saw her eyes, his mind was distracted. He couldn't help it. This girl had a way to hypnotize him. And if she could peek at his inner thoughts right now, she wouldn't have any doubt that he had feelings for her. But as the breeze stopped his mind finally went back to work. And after a few more seconds he nodded.

"I think we should go to that restaurant around the corner. Its a nice enough place and they serve breakfast till noon." He stretched a little. "Which means I got my car for nothing." And then he let out a long yawn. He had rather cute mannerisms when he wasn't around people who were always watching him. "But next time make sure your race isn't so early. I don't like waking up before ten on Saturday."

Kerii just watched him, not quite sure what he was going to say. She stared into her eyes and suddenly realized he wasn't really joking about liking her. She also suddenly got quite nerveous, looking away from him suddenly. She wasn't used to peopl actually liking her. She still didn't like him though. Though he made her more uncomfortable than before. As he waited a few seconds longer a thought ran through her head that he was really just giving that look because it was practiced. She didn't feel nerveous anymore.

She looked up at him as he spoke. She shrugged a bit. "Mmk, that sounds good to me." She said, looking back at him. She liked the fact he couldn't see her eyes, that way he wouldn't be able to read her emotions. She smirked a bit as he yawned and couldn't help but chuckle at his words. "Well I didn't ask you to come to my race." She said and started walking, towrads the restaurant.

Zach didn't notice that she seemed a little uncomfortable for a few moments. But when she agreed he smiled a little. But if she had known anything about him, she would know that he was terrible at reading a person's emotions. He had gotten to his position of popularity by not caring what people thought. He was persistent and he got what he was after. And right now he had a date with a girl who hated him.

"Lets go then." But when she mentioned the race he smiled a little. "Well...I wanted to see you race. After all, where else would I be able to see you away from all of my friends that you hate so much?" He pulled his cell phone from his pocket before checking the time. "I don't think anything could wake them up in the next few hours." He smiled a little before displaying the clock that said 8:13 AM. "So...Why weren't any of your friends there?"

Kerii just continued walking. She was a bit ahead of him until he spoke and she hung back a bit so he could walk with her as well. It was funny how she could still be ahead of him even though she still had a limp. She didn't know anything about him. She tended to stay as far away from the popular kids as much as she could. She didn't think he would be able to get her with just being persistant, but then again she also didn't think this was a date.

She shrugged as he asked where he would see her away from his friends. She watched as he took out his cell phone, looking at the time as he showed it to her. She smirked a bit. "Well the best time of day in in the morning. I mean when have you ever seen a sunset that's more beautiful than a sunrise?" She asked, trying to prove her point that morning was better. She was now thinking only about the morning and how much she enjoyed it. She laughed a bit as he asked why her friends weren't there. "I guess they're as lazy as your friends." She said, still smiling.

Zach was smiling a little when she said that morning was the best part of the day. "Well...I have only seen the sunrise once and that was this morning. And if I have to see if again any time soon I expect more than breakfast and an hour of your time. Maybe a movie or something like that." He let out another yawn before laughing again as she accused her friends of being as lazy as his.

"Well you should have told them I would be there. I am sure that they like popular boys more than you." He walked a little faster, easily catching up to her limping pace with his long legs. "You know...If your legs are bothering you so much then you can ride on my back again. This time you won't get sweat all over me so I don't mind." He gave her another genuine smile.

Kerii rolled her eyes as he said he wanted more than just breakfast if he was going to see the sun rise any time soon. "Well I didn't ask you to wake up and watch me run. That would be horribly boring." She said, thinking about it. She even got bored while running, she didn't know what it would be like if she just had to stand and wait for somone to finish. She was a bit shocked at ow tired he was though. Maybe he just just go home and sleep.

She scoffed at his statment. "Only Angela likes you more than me." She said, thinking of her other friends and how they tried to avoid the popular kids as well. She sighed, shaking her head as he offered to carry her again. "No, I'm fine. It's just a limp." She said, and continued walking. She didn't want anyone to see her riding on his back. Expecially since she was in a skirt.

Zach nodded a little when she said that. "Well it was a little boring waiting for you to get back. But it was kind of exciting to see you come in first. You are pretty good at long distance running. I am surprised I didn't hear about it as some point. Everyone else was at least a minute behind you." He didn't seem to tired now. She was rather interesting. But then she said that only Angela liked him more.

"Oh? That means you like me more than you other friends do?" He got a small smile. But then she objected to riding on his back. He sighed and moved closer. "Well at least lean on me. If you are a runner you should be walking around with a limp. You could seriously hurt something like that." He gave her another sweet smile. If it killed him, he would convince her that he liked her.

Kerii was a bit shocked that he said it was excited to see her come in. "I try and keep it quiet. I don't like people watching me run. I don't wear anough clothing when I run, it holds you back." She said, thinking about it for a moment. "I better be good, I've been training for about a year now." She said. looking over at him. She was trying to be the best and so far she acheived it.

She shook her head a she spoke. "No, I mean all my friends like me more than you, except Angela." She said, realizing the way she had worded it was a bit akward. She shook her head again as he said she should lean on him. "No, I'm fine. I limp because my ankles are bad and they get sore after I run. It's no big deal." She said, and just kept walking. She was quite a bit stubborn, and she wouldn't even touch him if she didn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom