Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MTG: Calling all Players, combo's/card disscussion

• Thread starter Hinatalover1020
  • Start date
Nantuko Husk remains one of my favorite cards. -Nod-
That plus a few symbiotic cards and giving it trample is just fun. ^.^

Son_of_the_Necros said:
progintuis?, turn 4...sounds impossable, explain and we will talk more :twisted:
Turn 1
Forest
Birds of Paradise or any other mana producing creature
Turn 2
Land
Birds or any other mana producing creature
Turn 3
Land
Elvish Piper

GG

If, you can keep an elves piper out earily and keep it out for a while that puts the heat on the opponent.

Hinatalover1020 said:
Son_of_the_Necros said:
progintuis?, turn 4...sounds impossable, explain and we will talk more :twisted:
Turn 1
Forest
Turn 2
Land
Turn 3
Land
Elvish Piper

GG
Well, if you make a legendary based deck, you could just use cryptic gateway as a more reliable way to get him out on the 5th turn.

My deck is based only on the purpose to ge thim out with a slight wipeage

Its creature removal + Prog

Child of Alara
Fusion Elemental
Maelstorm Archangell and so much more

Bloom tender as well

I haven't played M:TG in years (since Ice Age was still new at stores), at that time I had a full set of Alpha, Beta, Revised and 4th Edition cards. My primary deck was a black deck that was only beaten at tournament once. I had two other decks that I played with, one being a rainbow deck and the other being a mixture of black and green.

Hell, hard to believe it's been over 15 years since I played with any regularity.

Some prick stole all my magic cards, along with my Jihad and Hyborian Gates cards.

Lyra said:
Hinatalover1020 said:
Son_of_the_Necros said:
Turn 1
Forest
Turn 2
Land
Turn 3
Land
Elvish Piper

GG
Well, if you make a legendary based deck, you could just use cryptic gateway as a more reliable way to get him out on the 5th turn.
Sorry, I meant as soon as you have 5 mana to play cryptic gateway and you have two legnds in play.

I've been playing MtG for over a decade. The amount of combos and cards that I have knowledge of is sickening.
I built a deck around Chains of Mephistopheles, Anvil of Bogardan, Megrim, and Wheel and Deal. This combo is very complex and makes your opponents have to think a whole lot more than they have to. The deck primarily consists of cards with Madness such as Dark Withering, Psychotic Episode, and Circular Logic. Searching cards like Diabolic Tutor, cards that put cards in my hand like Telling Time, Dark Confidant, and top-deck manipulation with Divining Top.

Combo
3X Chains
3X Anvil
3X Megrim
3X Wheel and Deal

Control
3X Dark Withering
3X Psychotic Episode
3X Circular Logic
3X Counterspell

Utility
3X Telling Time
3X Divining Top
3X Dark Confidant
1X Fact or Fiction
1X Demonic Tutor
1X Mystical Tutor
1X Vampiric Tutor
1X Diabolic Tutor
1X Gifts Ungiven
1X Yawgmoth's Will
1X Sol Ring

Land
4X Polluted Delta
4X Underground Sea
4X Watery Grave
4X Tainted Isle
2X Swamp
1X Lotus Petal
2X Island

#1 slivers are a force to be recomed with...not matter what,
#2 besides that, i for one favor the Kavu race (Phenumbra Kavu is my fav.)

Fuck Thorn Elemental. My friend has it and loves to play it against me. Now I either counter it or do something to return it to her hand.

I have some nasty combo's in my deck. Quillspike and Devoted Druid, for one.

I have a beast deck at the moment, a funny combination to get a 7/6 in play in 4th round is Woolly Thoctar and Mighty Emergence, and i 5th round i can make it a 8/6 with trample thanks to Savage Hunger

I love the new cards in Alara reborn, ceradon youngling is one of my faves, RW drop, 2/2 vigi haste ftw. its great to have when you have cliffrunner behemoth =D Also the behemoth sledge is amazing... 1GW equipment, 3 to equip, +2/+2 trample and lifelink its like a buffed lox hammer =D

Thorn elemantal is in my top 3 favs.

#1 Thorn Elemental ( big bitch on the block...who still deals damage when blocked :lol: )
#2 Braid of Fire( infinitte red mana :twisted: )
#3 Nantuko Shrine( yah, squirlle tokens)

Top three:

1: Rhys the Redeemed (legendary that either makes tokens or doubles the amount on my side, even better with 4 doubling seasons. Yeah, eat 1.5 million tokens on the 3rd turn of that combo)

2: Quillweave (I think that was what it was called)(Infinite power AND taking off the negative counters on my guys. Perfect!)

3: Chorus of the Conclave (Legendary that lets me get my Drove of Elves out with extra +1/1 counters on it. Or anything else)

Back
Top Bottom